Coldplay

kearney19

So, all in all Bruno's Boots would rather sh*t needles for a week, Cosanostra would rather nail his scrotum to a moving train and I'd rather eat my own s***e than listen to Coldplay. Pretty damning stuff, I'm sure you'll agree!

Incidentally, find it hilarious when Coldplay fans criticise Radiohead, seeing as their entire career seems to have been based around being a bland version of Radiohead!

Ive not listened to alot of Radiohead but I downloaded the new album that they had for free online and there is not one happy song on it! I listened to atleast 5 or 6 of the tracks and I never enjoyed it.

Coldplay have a different vibe of music, can go from mellow, to upbeat to a chilling sound. Radiohead just stick to the same sound.

I think they are very overated and I think alot of people would rather go see Coldplay live than Radiohead as they wont make you want to slice your wrists.

Coldplay are one of the best British bands going and album sales and hype makes it sawy towards that way.

Actually Just downloading a song by Radiohead, did they do Radio Kills the Radio Star?, if so, thats one track I like by them.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kearney19

• Cigaro

• Eckauskas

• Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent
Ive not listened to alot of Radiohead but I downloaded the new album that they had for free online and there is not one happy song on it! I listened to atleast 5 or 6 of the tracks and I never enjoyed it.

Coldplay have a different vibe of music, can go from mellow, to upbeat to a chilling sound. Radiohead just stick to the same sound.

I think they are very overated and I think alot of people would rather go see Coldplay live than Radiohead as they wont make you want to slice your wrists.

Coldplay are one of the best British bands going and album sales and hype makes it sawy towards that way.

Actually Just downloading a song by Radiohead, did they do Radio Kills the Radio Star?, if so, thats one track I like by them.

Do you mean video killed the radio star?

A song by Buggles, and not by Radiohead?

Death And All His Friends.

Thats ****ing cheery isn't it?

Dr. Bapswent

Sorry, i just read your post again and you said that all Radioheads songs sound the same and that they are not happy....whereas Coldplay have differnt sounds....

My what a bizarre and colourful world you must live in....do you have lollipop trees and snozwanglers and vermicious knids?

Do you mean video killed the radio star?

A song by Buggles, and not by Radiohead?

Said by Radiohead when i downloaded it for some reason.

Coldplay do have a different sound.

Take The New Album

Cemetries of London strats mellow, then hits with a cracking drum and bass sound.

Then Lost! Starts with a drum and bass sound basically all the way through it.

Then Viva La Vida is upbeat the whole way through it till the last few notes.

And Violet Hill has an upbeat sound to it, and then goes slow to the last couple of notes whth a quick ending.

Take a look at X an y aswell, soft sound like Fix You and upbeat like Speed of Sound.

All the albums have a different sound, Radioheads IMO dont.

Dr. Bapswent

Take The New Album

Cemetries of London strats mellow, then hits with a cracking drum and bass sound.

And Violet Hill has an upbeat sound to it, and then goes slow to the last couple of notes whth a quick ending.

Take a look at X an y aswell, soft sound like Fix You and upbeat like Speed of Sound.

I love how you thought describing their album to me on a thread would convince me that Coldplay are actually great!

You poor wee sausage.

Death And All His Friends.

Thats ****ing cheery isn't it?

Its a reference based on a painting in Spain and also reference to the July Revolution(Art Work)

Its a good album title, so whats wrong with that?

Its a very good album and good title.

I love how you thought describing their album to me on a thread would convince me that Coldplay are actually great!

You poor wee sausage.

Im not trying to convince you that Coldplay are great, you said Coldplay have 1 sound which is completly bull**** and im stating facts that they dont.

Take The New Album

That is NOT drum and bass!

The songs dont change tempo very often, its more or less the same dirge throughout.

Radiohead are the same.

scott_jambo

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa..........

No.

scott_jambo

If you want real music, try Oceansize!

Coldplay are joke monotaneuous untalented peice of a*** rippage.

mate if you really like it then go and enjoy it...music is subjective and thats the end of it...you like what you like.

enjoy the gig

Oh FFS we seem to have gotten ourselves into a bit of a fankle here haven't we.

Firstly, quite a few of us are stating opinion as fact, you don't like Coldplay, that's an opinion, which is fine, but to say they suck would be a fact, they clearly don't. Chris Martin writes good songs, which you may not like, but lots of other people do. I fail to see how anyone can say subjectively that Yellow or Clocks or Fix You or The Scientist are not good songs. Coldplay clearly don't suck. I'm listening to Viva La Vida (the track) right now and it's a good song, it's well put together, it has lovely strings particularly.

It gets worse though when people try to compare Radiohead to Coldplay, there is no comparison. Coldplay have never recorded anything of the quality of The Bends or OK Computer and probably never will, in fact very few bands ever have. Both of those albums are regularly featured in top albums of all time surveys, they are modern classics, albums which changed contemporary music, albums which other bands try to aspire to.

Please people, try not to confuse your opinion with fact and try to be a little bit subjective when judging bands and albums, it'll be to your credit.

Now I've got to go find my nailgun and pay Cosa a visit, Peanut, I've passed your address onto deluded.net, you'll get a visit soon and Tony, the mash hammer's coming.

Play nice kids...

I've just seen that Coldplay are looking ?50 a ticket.

You have to be a special kind of tosser to pay that.

I've just seen that Coldplay are looking ?50 a ticket.

You have to be a special kind of tosser to pay that.

Thats your opinion.

Thats your opinion.

Uh huh......?

I think everyone out there in Kickbackland reached that conclusion.

Y'know what else? I'm posting this via a computer too!

Thank you for stating the obvious.

monkfish1979
Chris Martin writes good songs

Indeed he does. He just shouldn't sing them himself because, as a singer, he's rubbish (fact ;)). Recording studios these days can polish up even the wateriest of turds into something not too shabby (as anybody that's ever seen somebody using an autotune program could tell you), but seeing them live truly convinced me that he's worse than scheidt. Even worse, he seems to believe his own press - he quite clearly loves himself.

I find it depressing that the general publics breadth of musical knowledge has shrunk so far that he is considered a decent vocalist.

Uh huh......?

I think everyone out there in Kickbackland reached that conclusion.

Y'know what else? I'm posting this via a computer too!

Thank you for stating the obvious.

Thank for for listening and you and other dont speak for everyone else on here.

You dislike Coldplay and post your dislike as usual to get noticed for it like the other usual suspects.

I and some others on here like Coldplay so you have no right to think you're the voice of kickback by trying to speak for them when your wrong as some people like them but you dont so I respect that in a context.

Ill be enjoying the concert in December money well spent.

What a bizarre statement. I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

You dislike Coldplay and post your dislike as usual to get noticed for it like the other usual suspects.

I and some others on here like Coldplay so you have no right to think you're the voice of kickback by trying to speak for them when your wrong as some people like them but you dont so I respect that in a context.

Ill be enjoying the concert in December money well spent.

Wow, thats some epic strop you're taking there.

If you don't like my opinion, tough. I'm allowed to voice my opinion on any subject I like, what with freedom of speech, etc.

I've never claimed to be the voice of Kickback, so you're making, yet another, invalid point.

I also find your accusations of attention seeking rather rich.

Bindy Badgy

Coldplay are the worst thing to ever happen to music. How you can be that dull and sell so many records is beyond me. It's ****ing lift music.

My mum likes Nigel Kennedy. His music is the complete opposite of what I'm into but I can still respect him as a musician and a performer. When you see him play you can tell that he loves playing. When you see Coldplay on stage they stand there like statues doing Sweet FA. It's almost as they don't want to be there.

Indeed he does. He just shouldn't sing them himself because, as a singer, he's rubbish (fact ;)). Recording studios these days can polish up even the wateriest of turds into something not too shabby (as anybody that's ever seen somebody using an autotune program could tell you), but seeing them live truly convinced me that he's worse than scheidt. Even worse, he seems to believe his own press - he quite clearly loves himself.

I find it depressing that the general publics breadth of musical knowledge has shrunk so far that he is considered a decent vocalist.

I agree, he's not a great singer, he's not even acceptable as a lead singer, he's pants.

I still like him though, he's a reasonably good, at least acceptable in a band, pianist and he is charming and quite funny.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5DlvxYmBHYo

I thought they were excellent on Jonathon Ross on Friday night.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qte8BBs0i_Q

Particularly Viva La Vida (which starts about 4.20 in). So although I've never seen them live, and I don't like them enough to be arsed, I wouldn't say that they had zero charisma.

Coldplay are the worst thing to ever happen to music. How you can be that dull and sell so many records is beyond me. It's ****ing lift music.

My mum likes Nigel Kennedy. His music is the complete opposite of what I'm into but I can still respect him as a musician and a performer. When you see him play you can tell that he loves playing. When you see Coldplay on stage they stand there like statues doing Sweet FA. It's almost as they don't want to be there.

But you're not the voice of Kickback :sad:

You're not allowed to say things like that!

Sure about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQakykuAuWg

Yup- just standing doing nothing?

If anyone finds them dull and poor live after watching that performance from Jonathan Ross Live is seriously messed up, thats great live and I find it wierd people slag them that are crap live after that performance, excellent set by Coldplay and you can tell Chris Martin gets into it more and more, Looking great seeing them live now!

Sure about that?

Ok, he bends over as well then.

If anyone finds them dull and poor live after watching that performance from Jonathan Ross Live is seriously messed up, thats great live and I find it wierd people slag them that are crap live after that performance, excellent set by Coldplay and you can tell Chris Martin gets into it more and more, Looking great seeing them live now!

Seriously messed up here then. Dull.

I'm not a fan of radiohead either but they are about a million times better than coldplay. In fact, Kid A by Radiohead is a great record. There are some great tunes on their first 3 LPs as well. I can't think of anything by coldplay that has been anything other than complete and utter gash.

Aye, anyone who considers Radiohead and Coldplay to be similar just plain doesn't understand music. They are miles apart musically. I've said it before but Thom Yorke has more talent in his gammy eye than all of Coldplay combined.

I can't believe someone is even suggesting that Coldplay's albums all sound really different, but Radiohead's don't. If don't hear a progression in sound from Pablo Honey to Kid A, you are either a liar or a fool. They sound nothing like each other.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/entertainment/a100539/coldplay-album-goes-platinum-in-three-days.html

Cant be that bad, New album already gone Platinum with it only being released 3 days ago,

300,000 happy people!

Sure about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQakykuAuWg

Three posts in a row in the space of nineteen minutes : Why?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Cos Coldplay are the bestest band on the planet likesay.

:eek:

Cause I was looking at different links and replying to peoples posts.

Bindy Badgy

Johnny Rotton's opinion

The Sex Pistols frontman Johnny Rotten has slammed Coldplay for creating boring music - insisting he feels sorry for fans who pay to see the "humourless" group perform live.

Rocker Rotten, real name John Lydon, is convinced the Yellow hitmakers take themselves too seriously - and is adamant their music suffers as a result.

He says, "I pity the poor b*****s who have to watch them. They are utterly humourless.

"I met them a few years ago, said hello and realised they were just men in anoraks. They looked like a gang of little poncy masturbators.

"There is no fun, they don't offer joy. Their music has a couple of quite nice tones here and there but it's a box of tosh sold to slightly inadequate, half-baked people."

He's not wrong

Walter Payton
I believe the Spice Girls also got rather good sales figures. Doesn't make them good though does it?

Was the Mr Blobby song not Christmas No.1? Genuine question, have Coldplay released any songs that sold more succesfully than the Mr Blobby song?

Pete Seeger

:)

Cause I was looking at different links and replying to peoples posts.

It's possible to multi-quote. You do realise that, right?

I believe the Spice Girls also got rather good sales figures. Doesn't make them good though does it?

Did they sell that in 3 days? No.

And The Spice Girls were the biggest girl band at that time and possibly the bigegst selling British Girl Band of all time, i think youl find they did pretty well and think of the reunion tour they did recently, every venue was sold out in hours.

Like Coldplay.

The Spice Girls were the biggest girl band at that time and possibly the bigegst selling British Girl Band of all time, i think youl find they did pretty well and think of the reunion tour they did recently, every venue was sold out in hours.

Like Coldplay.

They were also the musical equivalent of diarrhoea. Much like Coldplay.

No your wrong.

You're not the voice of Kickback.

Stop trying to force your opinion on people.

:smile:

Coldplay are so bland. Rock band?? lol, gies a break.

Really, music was so much better years ago. Yes, there are some good bands about these days but right across the board music was so much better many moons ago.

Feckin hate Chris Martins voice.

They were also the musical equivalent of diarrhoea. Much like Coldplay.

How much records did the Spice Girls sell?

What a comeback, your reply is pathetic. You said that because of the high sales of Spice Girls records that still doesnt mean they were a good band.

What a crock of s***.

I dont like the Spice Girls but I can appreciate when a band of there quality did extremly well and they cracked America, Asia, Australia etc, not alot of bands can say they did that.

Coldplay are so bland. Rock band?? lol, gies a break.

Really, music was so much better years ago. Yes, there are some good bands about these days but right across the board music was so much better many moons ago.

Feckin hate Chris Martins voice.

Even i as a fan dont see them as a Rock band but they are a very good band and have been around for many years and still sell hundreds of thousands of records.

Very good band and I for one enjoy theyre music but everyone is intitled to their opinion.