Coldplay

kearney19

Anyone going to see them in concert?

Im going to the Manchester show in December, will be my 1st concert cant wair!

Anyone else heading to one of the shows?

:)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kearney19

• Cigaro

• Eckauskas

• Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Coldplay.

You poor thing.

hughesie27

The old stuff like 'Yellow' were good tunes but not a fan of any of the new stuff. Would you not rather go to TITP? Probably work out at around the same price considering travelling costs.

TITP does sound good but always been a fan of Coldplay.

Theyre a band I really want to see live, but Ive heard rave reviews on the new album, love the new 2 songs they have out. Viva La Vida is absolulty brilliant IMO.

Think it could be a really good concert, hope it is!

Because they exist.

Erm... fantastic response...

Coldplay are a great band and theyre popularity and selling records and winning honours from top music gurus and at music awards proves they are a great band.

rossthejambo
Because they exist.

haha brilliant.

i agree. i cant stand coldplay. they are such a boring boring band. how they manage to sell so many records is beyond me.

As per my response on the Radiohead thread:

"And people say "emo" encourages suicide."

Coldplay are monotonal dirge who, in a fair world, would have been sent in front of a firing squad for crimes against humanity.

rossthejambo

Coldplay are monotonal dirge who, in a fair world, would have been sent in front of a firing squad for crimes against humanity.

what i wanted to say but couldnt put into words :)

it is suicidal music at its very worst. although radiohead are certainly up there with them

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Martins whiney (sp) fecking voice is soul destroying.

Can't stand the way he shoves his beliefs in your face as well. ****es me right off. Bono mark two.

Just because they are popular does not mean they are good Kearney my old pal!

what i wanted to say but couldnt put into words :)

it is suicidal music at its very worst. although radiohead are certainly up there with them

I always had a way with words.

;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Martins whiney (sp) fecking voice is soul destroying.

Can't stand the way he shoves his beliefs in your face as well. ****es me right off. Bono mark two.

Just because they are popular does not mean they are good Kearney my old pal!

Bono must die.

vegas-voss
Erm... fantastic response...

Coldplay are a great band and theyre popularity and selling records and winning honours from top music gurus and at music awards proves they are a great band.

They win so many awards because they are quite simply middle of the road type music.

Another ****wit who's band get an grammy every year they have something out no matter how **** it is.Coldplay are there natural succesors it's always the non threatening british/irish bands that make it big in the US.

I dont see how colplay are natural successors to U2, their music is totally different ie coldplays is boring and suicidal and u2's isnt. You could certainly compare chris martin with bono, a pair of do gooding bores. I wish bono would just sing instead of preaching cos their music is awesome. I think thats why they made it big, not just in America but all over the world. Colplay have had a fraction of the success of U2, to compare them is absurd.

vegas-voss
I dont see how colplay are natural successors to U2, their music is totally different ie coldplays is boring and suicidal and u2's isnt. You could certainly compare chris martin with bono, a pair of do gooding bores. I wish bono would just sing instead of preaching cos their music is awesome. I think thats why they made it big, not just in America but all over the world. Colplay have had a fraction of the success of U2, to compare them is absurd.

They both play middle of the road **** that americans love and both get nominated for a grammy every time they have something out wether it be good or bad.U2 have been **** for years.

japanjambo

That sums them up perfectly! Very very boring band.

I bet you are glad that you started this thread now :hae36:

I cannot believe how active this thread has been given the mindnumbingly dull subject matter....the mere thought of coldplay could send me into a coma;)

I take it no one likes Coldplay?lol

I like them and I respect everyone elses view but i for one cat wait to see them, Top band.

Pete Seeger

I like them and I respect everyone elses view but i for one cat wait to see them, Top band.

Dreadful band with a grade A ****** of a lead singer. Enjoy

3 half decent songs don't make you a good band.

10 thumbed, talentless noise polluters.

jambobrett
do they hand out razor blades on the way in

Word for word exactly what i was going to say.

I hate Chris Martins face.

For what its worth, I don't buy into the whole "U2 used to be good" thing either. Both bands have always and will always be gash!

You're a cat?

Dr. Bapswent
You're a cat?

Clearly, its the only way you can appreciate the wailing numbness of most Coldplay songs.

Clearly, its the only way you can appreciate the wailing numbness of most Coldplay songs.

But, a cat in a managers jacket?

With a wee cannon logo?

Jings.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
But, a cat in a managers jacket?

With a wee cannon logo?

Jings.

WUM

Regular John

Parachutes is a nice album.

Rush of Blood, X & Y and without doubt the new LP are a load of pretentious crap.

Coffee shop music fans with their dire taste will lap it up and fair play to them, somebody has to keep that self important tool Martin in the public eye.

Has Chris Martin asked you for a duet yet?

I enjoy all aspects of there music but for someone to compare them to Coldplay s a lot of nonscence.

The lyrics for the songs are excellent and even if alot of people dont appreciate a good band, I sure as hell do.

Brilliant band and I hope the concert is fantastic.

I enjoy all aspects of there music but for someone to compare them to Coldplay s a lot of nonscence.

The lyrics for the songs are excellent and even if alot of people dont appreciate a good band, I sure as hell do.

Brilliant band and I hope the concert is fantastic.

Who?

Serious question by the way.

chester copperpot

I'm going to go against the grain of this thread and say I dont mind Coldplay. I am one of very few people who think's their music is getting better, not worse.

Probably puts my music reputation on the line but so what. I like them, its all about taste.

I'm going to go against the grain of this thread and say I dont mind Coldplay. I am one of very few people who think's their music is getting better, not worse.

Probably puts my music reputation on the line but so what. I like them, its all about taste.

WUM!