• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kearney19

• Cigaro

• Eckauskas

• Dr. Bapswent

I enjoy all aspects of there music but for someone to compare them to Coldplay s a lot of nonscence.

The lyrics for the songs are excellent and even if alot of people dont appreciate a good band, I sure as hell do.

Brilliant band and I hope the concert is fantastic.

I was just guessing at numbers and figures

Pulling the puzzles apart.

Questions of science, science and progress

Don't speak as loud as my heart.

Yeah, excellent lyrics those. Rhyming 'apart' with 'heart'. That's never been done before.

They're the band for people who think Radiohead are 'weird'. Safe, dull, predictable, without a shred of originality.

Just horrible.

I'm going to go against the grain of this thread and say I dont mind Coldplay. I am one of very few people who think's their music is getting better, not worse.

Probably puts my music reputation on the line but so what. I like them, its all about taste.

Well said mate, excellent band and I agree it does get better. New albums suppsoed to be ace.

chester copperpot
Well said mate, excellent band and I agree it does get better. New albums suppsoed to be ace.

You seem to get ridiculed no matter what you post, so I wouldn't worry about it (although some of it makes me laugh, sorry).

Wouldn't say excellent band, but they're not as pish as some make out. It's all about taste and opinions. I dont care if no one likes Coldplay, I think they're ok, and their new stuff appeals to me.

You seem to get ridiculed no matter what you post, so I wouldn't worry about it (although some of it makes me laugh, sorry).

Wouldn't say excellent band, but they're not as pish as some make out. It's all about taste and opinions. I dont care if no one likes Coldplay, I think they're ok, and their new stuff appeals to me.

TBH the ripping they have taken on this thread would be there irrespective of the poster who started it. (Other than the more personal comments aimed at kearney)

I know mate, Viva La Vida is my favourite song at the moment by Coldplay, excellent beat and some awesome lyrics.

For those who are interested you can listen to the new album in full just now.

See NME for details: http://www.nme.com/news/coldplay/37136

You have to have a MySpace account to listen to it.

First impressions are patchy - some very good songs and some songs which are way over produced. In particular, there is a song called Lost. I had heard the acoustic version and it had the potential to be as big a hit as Fix You. The version on the album has far too much going on and has ruined the song in my opinion.

New Dawn- listened to it earlier, really like it, couple of songs which are a bit boring to listen to.

Cemeteries Of London,42,Lost and the 2 new songs tat are out are my favourites.

New Dawn- listened to it earlier, really like it, couple of songs which are a bit boring to listen to.

Cemeteries Of London,42,Lost and the 2 new songs tat are out are my favourites.

Coldplay in boring song shocker!

:biggrin:

Coldplay in boring song shocker!

I know!

Theyre not Radiohead though!

I bet if u listened to the new album you would like it:)

I know!

Theyre not Radiohead though!

I bet if u listened to the new album you would like it:)

I'm willing to take that bet.

In fact I'll bankrupt you many many times with that bet.

Your kids kids kids will still be paying for your foolish gamling.

I'm willing to take that bet.

In fact I'll bankrupt you many many times with that bet.

Your kids kids kids will still be paying for your foolish gamling.

Hehe!

Im already in debt so Im not fussed!:)

When it comes out Ill send u a copy and you give me a review of each song out of ten, theres 10 songs on the album but some extra ones which Ive not listened to and I bet you will give it between 60/70!

You have to take out your Hatred of Coldplay to listen to it properly!

Deal?:)

Hehe!

Im already in debt so Im not fussed!:)

When it comes out Ill send u a copy and you give me a review of each song out of ten, theres 10 songs on the album but some extra ones which Ive not listened to and I bet you will give it between 60/70!

You have to take out your Hatred of Coldplay to listen to it properly!

How do I remove my hatred of them?

We have an internet hardman among us. Oh, scary.

Seriously though Kearney, for your first gig you might want to go and see someone decent.

OK I tried to remove my hatred.

Here's my review:

Life in Technicolor: Intro. Upbeat for them, but only an intro so wont be rating it.

Cemetaries of London: Forced sounding accent on vocals. Dour. Needs to rise to a peak. Sounds like he's trying to be the Verve. 4

Lost: Intantly thought of choirs and gospel. Boring vocals. 3

42: Builds up which is an improvement. Very "In my Place"-esque. 5

Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love: Upbeat start. Random change and becomes pretentious IMO. 5

Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant: Flat vocals at start. Again a pointless change. Why not make it 2 songs? Second half is irritating. 4

Viva la Vida: Not very adventurous. 5

Violet Hill: Best on it, but has a poor ending for me. 6

Strawberry Swing: Thought of line dancing at the start. Ended up thinking "Get on with it, Martin!" 4

Death and All his Friends: Takes ages to get into the actual song. 1 minute of said song, then 3 minutes of what is almost ambient music. A weak way to end the album. 4

Total: 40/90

Hows that Kearney?

Just "obtained" the album on the interwebz about an hour ago and I'm not to impressed, I have liked a few of their songs in the past and quite like the new one Viva La Vida.

Sounds like they are trying to sound TOO diffirent, and in doing that they have just made a mish mash album that doesnt make any sense and lacks any direction.

4/10

Anyone going to see them in concert?

I'd rather top myself with a blunt razor blade.

Just "obtained" the album on the interwebz about an hour ago and I'm not to impressed, I have liked a few of their songs in the past and quite like the new one Viva La Vida.

Sounds like they are trying to sound TOO diffirent, and in doing that they have just made a mish mash album that doesnt make any sense and lacks any direction.

4/10

Someone who likes them backs up my review.

Get in.

OK I tried to remove my hatred.

Here's my review:

Life in Technicolor: Intro. Upbeat for them, but only an intro so wont be rating it.

Cemetaries of London: Forced sounding accent on vocals. Dour. Needs to rise to a peak. Sounds like he's trying to be the Verve. 4

Lost: Intantly thought of choirs and gospel. Boring vocals. 3

42: Builds up which is an improvement. Very "In my Place"-esque. 5

Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love: Upbeat start. Random change and becomes pretentious IMO. 5

Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant: Flat vocals at start. Again a pointless change. Why not make it 2 songs? Second half is irritating. 4

Viva la Vida: Not very adventurous. 5

Violet Hill: Best on it, but has a poor ending for me. 6

Strawberry Swing: Thought of line dancing at the start. Ended up thinking "Get on with it, Martin!" 4

Death and All his Friends: Takes ages to get into the actual song. 1 minute of said song, then 3 minutes of what is almost ambient music. A weak way to end the album. 4

Total: 40/90

Hows that Kearney?

Think thats a fair opinion on the album mate, though I would download the piano version of lost on Limewire, better than the one of the album, excellent version.

But Ill take that review in and its an honest 1.

Who would you suggest as a good artist to see Darren?

Carl Spackler

ITV3 right now. Quincy has cold sweats, in a hospital bed slipping in and out of consciousness. They think he's been poisoned. Looks more like he's just heard Coldplay to me.

Think thats a fair opinion on the album mate, though I would download the piano version of lost on Limewire, better than the one of the album, excellent version.

I would give it 1-2 stars. Purely because they didnt subject me to any more dourness.

Legend Claws
Coldplay are the musical equivalent of being raped in the mouth by a guy with AIDS.

Kearney sounds like you have found another Coldplay fan!

Erm... fantastic response...

Coldplay are a great band and theyre popularity and selling records and winning honours from top music gurus and at music awards proves they are a great band.

Popularity =/= merit

While I wouldn't have the sheer audacity to tell you who to go and see, I would suggest as a first gig experience you would maybe enjoy something a little less sedate.

Call me an old fashioned type but I personally like a gig where you can go a bit mental to the occasional tune. Or at least jump around a bit. Or something. Anything.

I get the impression a Coldplay gig could be a lot of standing around arms folded much in the way Mr Martin is on the previous page... Having to listen to pretentious gits going on about how great their melodies are. Or something.

Sod it. Go and see the Exploited. I don't even like thrash metal but had a brilliant time!

I bought the new album today, totally rocks even though I heard it from the site.

Excellent to listen to, the more I listen to it the more Im growing into each song!

I'd rather nailgun my scrotum to a moving train than listen to a coldplay LP.

They suck more than anything that has ever sucked before.

I'd rather nailgun my scrotum to a moving train than listen to a coldplay LP.

They suck more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Its a really good album, Im enjoying it so far, but Im a Coldplay fan so i enjoy all aspects of their songs.

Theyre not all bad Cosanostra! But maybe its some songs I understand will make u want to do what you said!

Atleast theyre not Radiohead!:)

Its a really good album, Im enjoying it so far, but Im a Coldplay fan so i enjoy all aspects of their songs.

Theyre not all bad Cosanostra! But maybe its some songs I understand will make u want to do what you said!

Atleast theyre not Radiohead!:)

I'm not a fan of radiohead either but they are about a million times better than coldplay. In fact, Kid A by Radiohead is a great record. There are some great tunes on their first 3 LPs as well. I can't think of anything by coldplay that has been anything other than complete and utter gash.

By the way, I'm not a massive fan of Radiohead either but I'm willing to admit they've dione good stuff. Like three albums. Coldplay may have done two good songs. Maybe.

By the way, I'm not a massive fan of Radiohead either but I'm willing to admit they've dione good stuff. Like three albums. Coldplay may have done two good songs. Maybe.

Amsterdam and In My Place are two good songs.

Dr. Bapswent

Proof that Chris Martin is an anus.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7452341.stm

Coldplay star abandons interview

Viva La Vida... is set to be number one on Sunday

Coldplay singer Chris Martin has walked out of a BBC interview while promoting the band's new album.

Nine minutes into the pre-recorded interview for Radio 4 arts show Front Row, the 31-year-old asked to leave the studio as he was not enjoying himself.

The band's drummer, Will Champion, was left to answer questions from presenter John Wilson until Martin returned for one final question.

Coldplay's new album, Viva La Vida, was released on Thursday.

'Journalistically twisting'

Martin appeared uncomfortable with the interview from the outset.

When asked about a speech he made at a music awards ceremony in 2005 where he said the band would be away "for a very long time", Martin said: "I always say stupid things and I think Radio 4 is the place that will most remind me of that."

The band had French Revolution-style uniforms made to promote the album

Presenter Wilson questioned whether the new album - full title, Viva La Vida Or Death To All His Friends - was a morbid reflection of the band's lyrical obsession with death.

"I wouldn't agree with you there at all, no," said Martin.

"I'd say you're journalistically twisting me into saying something I don't really mean."

A few minutes later, Martin said he was "not really enjoying this" and that he did not really like "having to talk about things".

Champion answered the remaining questions before the frontman returned to answer a final question, about finding new musical territory, with the response: "Um....yes...yes, yes....exactly..."

Sales figures released by the Official UK Charts Company confirm Viva La Vida sold 125,000 copies in its first day on sale.

It looks certain to be number one in this Sunday's album chart despite only being released towards the end of the week.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
And who are you to say that?

Actually who are you?

I changed the post by 'Say No To Hobos'. What exactly has that got to do with you?

It has nothing to do with you. [mod edit]

I'm Gavsy.

So, all in all Bruno's Boots would rather sh*t needles for a week, Cosanostra would rather nail his scrotum to a moving train and I'd rather eat my own s***e than listen to Coldplay. Pretty damning stuff, I'm sure you'll agree!

Incidentally, find it hilarious when Coldplay fans criticise Radiohead, seeing as their entire career seems to have been based around being a bland version of Radiohead!

Walter Kidd
I changed the post by 'Say No To Hobos'. What exactly has that got to do with you?

I'm Gavsy.

Back of the net. PMSL.

I'm Gavsy.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Carl Spackler
So, all in all Bruno's Boots would rather sh*t needles for a week, Cosanostra would rather nail his scrotum to a moving train and I'd rather eat my own s***e than listen to Coldplay. Pretty damning stuff, I'm sure you'll agree!

Incidentally, find it hilarious when Coldplay fans criticise Radiohead, seeing as their entire career seems to have been based around being a bland version of Radiohead!

Is this still going? I'd rather batter my bell-end flat with a mash hammer than listen to Coldplay.