KRIS Boyd

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

I heard from a friend who moves in higher footie circles than me, and he's usually right with what he tells us.

Apparently, according to him we are getting Chris Boyd on a 1 year loan deal.

Dont shoot the messenger, but he's normally spot on.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard from a friend who moves in higher footie circles than me, and he's usually right with what he tells us.

Who's he?

iamcraigbeattie

Ahh Chris Boyd, nope no idea who he is mate care to share any more info??.

Ray Winstone
OK OK!! Kris Boyd...................better??

Oh him - not a chance.

rudi must stay

with the amount of goals he scores a season that would be absolutely crazy. Makes no sense for them to send him out on loan to us, but if it happens i'd be delighted.

londonjambo

Cant see this happening but would be good news IF but only if ...

.... he gets rid of that wee bumfluff tache. :eek:

GC

For them to even consider a deal like that is highly improbable but even if you did believe it were possible what would they want in return ? Berra and Wallace ?

OK OK!! Kris Boyd...................better??

I think there is more chance of Craig Levein being our new manager than that happening TBH.

Professor.Arturo
with the amount of goals he scores a season that would be absolutely crazy. Makes no sense for them to send him out on loan to us, but if it happens i'd be delighted.

Thats exactly what I said, Boyd won them the 2 cups, it would be mad to put him out on loan! But I was told he is. Are the huns about to pounce for another striker? making Boyd drop down the pecking order, who knows.

vegas-voss

He is far to valuable to Rangers to let go to any other SPL club.They only need to shove him on for 15 mins and most times he'll bang in 2 goals a game.What did he score this year 25 goals in 23 games or something.

Ray Winstone

With Cousin leaving I thought Boyd might get more of a chance next year.

vegas-voss

Nade will be gutted if it were true.Boyd has just bought a brand new Ferrari so Nade's Lambo will be looking 2nd best.

funktasticlad

Der Huns have been linked with moves for Kenny No Moral Fibre Miller and Marlon Harewood according to SKY sports news so Boydy could be on his way as hes clearly not rated by Walter Smith for wahtever reason. On his way to us...... not very likely.

Nade will be gutted if it were true.Boyd has just bought a brand new Ferrari so Nade's Lambo will be looking 2nd best.

Nade looking second best,jeeso you would think he would used to that by now.

Guest JamboRobbo

Can't see it happening, but unless things have changed, loan players can't play against the club that loaned him out.

So if Rangers feel we ain't a threat next year, and we had the money to contribute to wages, they could loan us Boyd, which gives us a helping hand against Celtic, knowing we'd be handicapped slightly when we played against Rangers....

jambojim52

IF this happens and I don't beleive it will. You can bet your boots there will be a clause banning him from playing aginst Rangers ( FC).

Under these circumstances, I think it would be a good move for the huns. Us challenging Celtic for second place, with a player dear Wattie does not like. Sweet for them IMHO.

If Boyd is going anywhere it will to rejoin Eck at Birmingham. Just my view, no source and no link!!

rudi must stay
Can't see it happening, but unless things have changed, loan players can't play against the club that loaned him out.

So if Rangers feel we ain't a threat next year, and we had the money to contribute to wages, they could loan us Boyd, which gives us a helping hand against Celtic, knowing we'd be handicapped slightly when we played against Rangers....

that's probably why we'd reject the idea

I believe they can, but usually clubs put in a clause in the loan agreement - anyway, this, I feel, is unlikely to happen.

rudi must stay
I believe they can, but usually clubs put in a clause in the loan agreement - anyway, this, I feel, is unlikely to happen.

same here, and how would we not be a 'threat to Rangers' if we had Boyd in the team. He's scored 25 goals this season..

Dagger Is Back
IF this happens and I don't beleive it will. You can bet your boots there will be a clause banning him from playing aginst Rangers ( FC).

Under these circumstances, I think it would be a good move for the huns. Us challenging Celtic for second place, with a player dear Wattie does not like. Sweet for them IMHO.

Sorry JJ but I find this unbelievable.

We've just finished in the bottom six! God loves an optimist though.

rudi must stay
Title edited to save OP's blushes

:D

ye in big capital letters. So you can see exactly the mistake he made originally :P

Smith may not like him (at least not in their current 10-0-0 formation), but he's not stupid enough to loan our his top scorer to another SPL team.

Patrick Bateman

Boyd would obviously be a fantastic player for any SPL club, but I get the feeling he wouldn't be interested in us. I actually think Smith's treatment is bizarre to say the least; Boyd is the second highest goalscorer in SPL history behind Larsson. Who willingly drops a goalmachine?

jambojim52
[/b]

Sorry JJ but I find this unbelievable.

We've just finished in the bottom six! God loves an optimist though.

Sorry, that wasn't meant as a prediction, simply an indication of their thinking.

Time for my medication.

Guest GhostHunter
ye in big capital letters. So you can see exactly the mistake he made originally :P

Shoosht - he might not notice

If Boyd is going anywhere it will to rejoin Eck at Birmingham. Just my view, no source and no link!!

I think thats the most likely scenario.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

The rumour i heard was that Lee Wallace in exchange for Kris Boyd

Pigs will fly though

Seymour M Hersh

They can and always have been able to but clubs loaning players out with their own leagues always include the no play clause but it's not a law or rule. I think it should be a rule that players have play against their own clubs if fit. If a club deems a player surplus to requirements and the player comes back to haunt them then so be it. What nex, the big clubs will be looking to insert clauses that stops players they sell playing against them!!

jambojim52
They can and always have been able to but clubs loaning players out with their own leagues always include the no play clause but it's not a law or rule. I think it should be a rule that players have play against their own clubs if fit. If a club deems a player surplus to requirements and the player comes back to haunt them then so be it. What nex, the big clubs will be looking to insert clauses that stops players they sell playing against them!!

Not a big club, but the Hobos would love that clause.:dribble:

Dagger Is Back
Sorry, that wasn't meant as a prediction, simply an indication of their thinking.

Time for my medication.

For once I like the Huns thinking.

Guest JamboRobbo
They can and always have been able to but clubs loaning players out with their own leagues always include the no play clause but it's not a law or rule.

You sure, or just giving your opinion as tho it's fact as usual?

I'm pretty sure there was a rule introduced a few years back, just around the time we loaned Wyness back to Inverness....

Billy the Jambo
I think there is more chance of Craig Levein being our new manager than that happening TBH.

There is more chance of ME becoming our new manager than Boyd signing for us on loan

Seymour M Hersh
You sure, or just giving your opinion as tho it's fact as usual?

I'm pretty sure there was a rule introduced a few years back.

Is it any wonder people continually have a go at you when you write such unwarranted crap as this? I'm not posting just my opinion but what I believe to be the situation. If I am wrong then I apologise !:mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
Is it any wonder people continually have a go at you when you write such unwarranted crap as this? I'm not posting just my opinion but what I believe to be the situation. If I am wrong then I apologise !:mad:

:girl_hug:

Is it any wonder people continually have a go at you when you write such unwarranted crap as this? I'm not posting just my opinion but what I believe to be the situation. If I am wrong then I apologise!:mad:

:eek:

Blimey.

Seymour M Hersh
:girl_hug:

The last thing i want is a hug from you!:eek:

This is from the English FA's rules and regs. Don't know if it applies here but it makes no mention of not being allowed to play against their initial club.

Article 10 Loan of Professionals

1. A Professional may be loaned to another club on the basis of a written agreement

between him and the clubs concerned. Any such loan is subject to the same rules as

apply to the transfer of players, including the provisions on training compensation and

solidarity mechanism.

2. Subject to Art. 5 par. 3, the minimum period of loan shall be the time between two

Registration Periods.

3. The club that has accepted a player on a loan basis is not entitled to transfer him to a

third club without the written authorisation of the club that released the player on loan

and of the player concerned.

Guest JamboRobbo
The last thing i want is a hug from you!:eek:

This is from the English FA's rules and regs. Don't know if it applies here but it makes no mention of not being allowed to play against their initial club.

Article 10 Loan of Professionals

1. A Professional may be loaned to another club on the basis of a written agreement

between him and the clubs concerned. Any such loan is subject to the same rules as

apply to the transfer of players, including the provisions on training compensation and

solidarity mechanism.

2. Subject to Art. 5 par. 3, the minimum period of loan shall be the time between two

Registration Periods.

3. The club that has accepted a player on a loan basis is not entitled to transfer him to a

third club without the written authorisation of the club that released the player on loan

and of the player concerned.

ahem. it's DEFINATELY a rule in the premiership. No doubt about that. It was invoked quite recently.

http://www.pitchslap.co.uk/index.php/defoe-cant-make-spurs-comeback/

plus, I think the SFA might have something to say if the English FA took juristiction in scotland.

Guest jackdaddy2008

There is truth in this actually.

Walter and Ally don't like him as he went through a Mod Edit

He is not going to be a Rangers player for much longer, because he is not wanted and has a poor relationship with a lot of the Scotland guys at the club for one reason or another.

If Jefferies does become the next don of Hearts (I think as of this morning it is now between him and Ashworth) then a one year loan makes perfect sense.

Boyd loves JJ and Locke, is unhappy at his club, and a year long loan would not be a stupid move if he wants to assess Hearts for the long term or try for a move down south. He needs first team football and I would take him for a year, even in the knowledge he would score 20 goals and then simply leave.

I now look forward to some telling us that Kris Boyd is no better than Callum Elliot and that I am Hibs fan and hopefully a reliable opinion on this matter.

There is truth in this actually.

Walter and Ally don't like him as he went Mod Edit

He is not going to be a Rangers player for much longer, because he is not wanted and has a poor relationship with a lot of the Scotland guys at the club for one reason or another.

If Jefferies does become the next don of Hearts (I think as of this morning it is now between him and Ashworth) then a one year loan makes perfect sense.

Boyd loves JJ and Locke, is unhappy at his club, and a year long loan would not be a stupid move if he wants to assess Hearts for the long term or try for a move down south. He needs first team football and I would take him for a year, even in the knowledge he would score 20 goals and then simply leave.

I now look forward to some telling us that Kris Boyd is no better than Callum Elliot and that I am Hibs fan and hopefully a reliable opinion on this matter.

Source?

londonjambo

Ha ha ha ha ha *nervous laughter*

You mean that he ALLEGEDLY went through er..... that with er..... that other person.

ALLEGEDLY

GC

Guest jackdaddy2008
Source?

I obviously cannot say. I work for people who know. I think it was Rangers that approached us actually from what I hear.

Ha ha ha ha ha *nervous laughter*

You mean that he ALLEGEDLY went through er..... that with er..... that other person.

ALLEGEDLY

GC

I have seen him out in Glasgow myself, very 'ALERT'!

:eek:

Good lord. Now that's exactly what this place needs...more juicy gossip to while away those long boring summer hours...

I hope it's true. Well, not the bit about mischief with RatBoy of course...the rest of it. But I'd be surprised if he would even consider coming to us. He probably thinks he's far too good for the likes of us (extra curricular activities have addled the poor lad's brain..) and I can't see it happening. Rangers aren't that daft and we aren't that lucky. Nice idea though.

Utter Bo{{ocks. Next.

Auld Reekin'
I obviously cannot say. I work for people who know. I think it was Rangers that approached us actually from what I hear.

I have seen him out in Glasgow myself, very 'ALERT'!

Well, I can see why that would catch anyone's attention, as he normally looks, sounds, and plays :rolleyes: (until he pops in a goal or two, obviously) like he's just woken-up or is under sedation! :)

However, as londonjambo so rightly points out, you maybe want to be a little bit more careful in the content of your posts, so as not provoke a certain pipe-smoking, sash-singing Glaswegian solicitor, with bizarre facial hair, to swing into action. Even if you have seen certain individuals apparently doing certain things in certain Glasgow establishments :eek:, it would be shakey grounds upon which to defend a defamation action.

Archived