US Elections 2016

JamboX2

Clinton has come out fighting. Good strategy that might just help her get over the line.

Bearing in mind she might be heading to defeat just now (if some of the experts with the track records predicting Trump win).

Scotland is fecked if he wins.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

And Comey was warned that he was clearly violating explicit DoJ policy by sending his letter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-officials-warned-fbi-that-comeys-decision-to-update-congress-was-not-consistent-with-department-policy/2016/10/29/cb179254-9de7-11e6-b3c9-f662adaa0048_story.html

I don't have enough alcohol handy to finish this election.  ****ing 2016.

And the supposedly liberal media still won't report on Standing Rock, despite police departments from five states showing up yesterday to clear the encampment, roughing up senior citizens and allegedly shooting horses.

But Anthony ****ing Weiner has some emails, so we're all freaking out.

alwaysthereinspirit

Who cares, because it's not happening.  There's almost nothing in this other than a "look at me!" moment from Comey.  But it may impact the election simply because of the timing.

Clinton has called on the FBI to immediately release everything it has instead of going for juicy headlines.

This isn't enough to rescue Trump, but it's probably enough to rescue some GOP Senate and Congressional incumbents who were at risk in a Clinton landslide.

This.

Where did you read what's in the newly found emails?

Clinton's demanding attitude that everything be released immediately is really nothing more than Campaign strategy. She knows that the F.B.I. are neither going to be stampeded by her or anyone else, she also knows that there has to be considerable discussion with other Departments to if there are in fact any e mails that could be classified found, to confirm that they are in fact classified.

With reference to the DoJ instructions on the sixty day rule about investigations being commenced, that could have ramifications during an election period, my understanding is from what I heard last night, in fact is aimed at new investigations. Comey apparently stated during the Hearings that should any new evidence come up the investigation would continue. Apparently an important turn of word as far as the DoJ guidelines are concerned, this not being a new investigation but continuation of what could be deemed as active one. There is apparently precedent set in two cases concerning this guideline.

Although the Wiener case is a totally independent matter compared to the e mail investigation, the fact that the seized device belongs to Wieners ex wife, who is an important member, and long associate of Clinton and her Campaign, and could posssibly, or potentially contain matters that were classified could raise the obvious speculation that they may have some connection to Clinton.  In fairness to Trump he has been hitting at the 33,000 destroyed e mails, and Clinton's 39 " I can't remember  " replies, the discovery of an item and e mails that were not surrendered as should have been does cause those with non partisan feelings to wonder.

As a young person I enjoyed Abbot and Costello,  Martin and Lewis, Hope and Crosby were not too bad, but the duo of Clinton and Trump certainly excel over all the others as the most comedic duo I have ever watched. If the script they are following was not the most serious threat to world stability ever, it really would be comical

Bazzas right boot

Dumbass one or dumbass two.

Hard choice.

Dumbass one is also sexist and racist.

Dumbass two is just a dumbass.

Elected as president because your not sexist or racist.

It's came down to that. Not great.

Kalamazoo Jambo
Geoff Kilpatrick

What's your choice of media?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you class the batshit propaganda from Alex Jones as media?

jack D and coke

Hammers and bleachbit. All innocent. Probably just freeing up hard disk space. Who cares about emails about dog walking and yoga anyway? Oh, that silly 'C' on the page? I thougt it was an alphabetical ordering system.

I mean WTAF. I thought she was the most qualified person ever to run for office?

The notion that this is all a muddle not a fiddle requires a level of willfull brain cell suspension that the average die hard Trump redneck would be lampooned for.

This^^^

Where did you read what's in the newly found emails?

Multiple sources, but the Newsweek article I linked to above has a good bit on those lines.

And Comey was warned that he was clearly violating explicit DoJ policy by sending his letter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-officials-warned-fbi-that-comeys-decision-to-update-congress-was-not-consistent-with-department-policy/2016/10/29/cb179254-9de7-11e6-b3c9-f662adaa0048_story.html

I don't have enough alcohol handy to finish this election.  ******* 2016.

I?ll try not to post inflammatory content or writings filled with too far rhetorical vividness.

Which may result in your demise.

However having said that?

Craig Gordons Gloves

Fahrentold has been on the story of Trump's 'charity' claims for months. Revealing a ton about Trump's lies about his charitable donations.

Chicago Tribune are asking her to step aside. Even if she wins the noise and clamour on this issue simply won't stop as it is so blatant. The server itself and the circumvention is the initial crime which automatically means she should be barred from holding office. Forget the deletions, the classified files, the hammers, the lies, Obamas knowledge, Loretta lynch comprising herself and the case, Humas level of clearance or the outrageous role of Cheryll Mills. This simple starting point is where everything falls on the wrong side of the law.

Chicago Tribune are asking her to step aside. Even if she wins the noise and clamour on this issue simply won't stop as it is so blatant. The server itself and the circumvention is the initial crime which automatically means she should be barred from holding office. Forget the deletions, the classified files, the hammers, the lies, Obamas knowledge, Loretta lynch comprising herself and the case, Humas level of clearance or the outrageous role of Cheryll Mills. This simple starting point is where everything falls on the wrong side of the law.

Very succinct.

O what a tangled web we weave.

Is this a Michele Obama pop-up?

There are two separate Email revelations going on at this moment and already one of them is a way beyond the other in relevance when it comes to untoward goings on and this one isn't it.

Francis Albert

Obviously Clinton is the lesser of two evils.  But the liberal elite  media in the US is shooting itself in the foot big time, Just read a five page endorsement of Hillary in the New Yorker that doesn't even mention the email issue. Of course middle America doesn't read the New Yorker but they recognise an elitist distortion of the campaign. I said after a weeks exposure to the media in the US that middle America would make this a closer race than assumed.

Does anyone want to bye a used car?

These people are taking the piss.

Are people really falling for this?

If anything, the fact that she thinks that people will fall for this should piss you off enough to think outside your comfort zone.

Senate Minority Leader (who declined to run for re-election this year) Harry Reid just posted an open letter to Comey claiming that Comey has information linking Trump to Putin but isn't leaking it.

http://www.reid.senate.gov/press_releases/2016-10-30-in-letter-reid-says-comey-may-have-broken-the-law#.WBZvnOErJE4

Good Lord, this election...

Correction: John Kass, an op-ed columnist in the Tribune, is calling on her to step aside.  The main editorial board is not.

alwaysthereinspirit

Senate Minority Leader (who declined to run for re-election this year) Harry Reid just posted an open letter to Comey claiming that Comey has information linking Trump to Putin but isn't leaking it.

http://www.reid.senate.gov/press_releases/2016-10-30-in-letter-reid-says-comey-may-have-broken-the-law#.WBZvnOErJE4

Ha ha ha. Harry Reid? 165 years old and mad as a f*****g hatter.

Correction: John Kass, an op-ed columnist in the Tribune, is calling on her to step aside.  The main editorial board is not.

She's not going to step aside.  She's ahead in the polls and odds-on favourite to win the election.

Why were there no calls for Trump to step aside when he admitted to grabbing women by the p****y?

alwaysthereinspirit

She's not going to step aside.  She's ahead in the polls and odds-on favourite to win the election.

Why were there no calls for Trump to step aside when he admitted to grabbing women by the p****y?

Do you really believe he grabbed woman by the P****y or was just bragging to an easily impressionable dufus?

Do you really believe he grabbed woman by the P****y or was just bragging to an easily impressionable dufus?

Your guess is as good as mine, but several women have come forward and claimed that he sexually molested them.  He has brushed those claims aside, but I wonder why the police have not launched a criminal investigation into the women's allegations.

In the jurisdiction I live in, it's a certainty that if ten women claimed that an individual had sexually assaulted them, there would be an immediate police investigation.  Why do you think that Trump is getting the hands-off treatment?

alwaysthereinspirit

Your guess is as good as mine, but several women have come forward and claimed that he sexually molested them.  He has brushed those claims aside, but I wonder why the police have not launched a criminal investigation into the women's allegations.

In the jurisdiction I live in, it's a certainty that if ten women claimed that an individual had sexually assaulted them, there would be an immediate police investigation.  Why do you think that Trump is getting the hands-off treatment?

I think the girls/women have to tell the police first to have potential charges brought against Trump. Weirdly they all have the same lawyer representing them but have never went to any police department. If he did what they say then he is a scum bag. If they are looking to be paid off, ......

Worst presidential election ever.

Probably because their claims are bollocks and there is absolutely no evidence to support them.

Probably because their claims are bollocks and there is absolutely no evidence to support them.

Sexual assault is nearly always a he said/she said affair. 

In any case, anyone who needed the Billy Bush tape to convince them Trump was unfit for dogcatcher much less President wasn't paying attention.

Maybe, but unless there is a proper investigation there's no way to be sure.  In my opinion, their allegations should not be just ignored.  I get the feeling that because the accused is a high-profile individual, the police are taking a different approach than they would if the accused was Joe Ordinary.

Maybe, but unless there is a proper investigation there's no way to be sure. In my opinion, their allegations should not be just ignored. I get the feeling that because the accused is a high-profile individual, the police are taking a different approach than they would if the accused was Joe Ordinary.

I'd suggest that the Police are finding it some what suspect that they've come forward by going to a high profile lawyer many years after these alleged incidents on the back of the release of the 'Billy Bush tape'. I'm sure if there are any cases to answer the appropriate action will be taken. After all we are not dealing with the Clinton's here, Trump will not have people in positions to bury such criminality ;)

Edited by Hendricks

I'd suggest that the Police are finding it some what suspect that they've come forward by going to a high profile lawyer many years after these alleged incidents on the back of the release of the 'Billy Bush tape'. I'm sure if there are any cases to answer the appropriate action will be taken. After all we are not dealing with the Clinton's here, Trump will not have people in positions to bury such criminality ;)

A far simpler explanation is that sexual assault remains far under-reported, particularly against important people who can afford expensive lawyers.  As to Trump not having people in positions to bury criminality, the name Pam Bondi comes to mind...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/us/politics/pam-bondi-donald-trump-foundation.html

A far simpler explanation is that sexual assault remains far under-reported, particularly against important people who can afford expensive lawyers. As to Trump not having people in positions to bury criminality, the name Pam Bondi comes to mind...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/us/politics/pam-bondi-donald-trump-foundation.html

In general I suspect you might well be right. Personally I very much doubt the majority of the women who decided to come forward and make claims against Trump wouldn't have done so many years ago if there was evidence/truth to it given his ability to pay compensation and suppress their claims. If there are cases to answer then I have no doubt the Police will fully investigate but I remain sceptical given the timing. Edited by Hendricks

Correction: John Kass, an op-ed columnist in the Tribune, is calling on her to step aside. The main editorial board is not.

As I said in following post.

Sadly it's the American people who are the real losers here, irrespective of who wins.

It seems that the days are gone where people voted for the best candidate to take care of the country, but rather now who has had the least amount of dirt dug up about them.

For the next 4 years America will have the burden of a President who is going to be mired up to their necks in scandal & controversy.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Just a reminder for those of you that believe Hillary is the devil. Trump still hasn't released his tax returns.  First presidential candidate to not do so and while it isn't a requirement, it's also an expectation. Slightly hypocritical of him given that he's going on and on about secrets etc....

Now - of course, it could be that he has nothing to hide at all and just doesn't fancy it but as many anti-Hillary people claim, where there's smoke, there is fire....

Just a reminder for those of you that believe Hillary is the devil. Trump still hasn't released his tax returns.  First presidential candidate to not do so and while it isn't a requirement, it's also an expectation. Slightly hypocritical of him given that he's going on and on about secrets etc....

Now - of course, it could be that he has nothing to hide at all and just doesn't fancy it but as many anti-Hillary people claim, where there's smoke, there is fire....

Did he ever release the overwhelming evidence that he had to refute the sexual assault claims that were made against him?

What are the positive reasons for voting Clinton??

And what are the positive reasons for voting Trump?

All I am read and hear about is why not to vote each of them...

Can anyone help with this?

thanks

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

Craig Gordons Gloves

What are the positive reasons for voting Clinton??

And what are the positive reasons for voting Trump?

All I am read and hear about is why not to vote each of them...

Can anyone help with this?

thanks

That's a great question.  Welcome to elections where nothing but negative campaigning is allowed.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/ - reasons for voting for HRC

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/ - reasons for voting for Trump

I honestly don't see what the issue is with regard to his tax returns.  Many countries, maybe even all countries, allow corporations and individuals to write off current year's profits against losses in previous years.

What I've read is that Trump suffered a billion dollar loss one year about 20 years ago, and he's been writing off all profits since then against that loss.  If the IRS tax code allows him to do that, then what he's been doing is legitimate and shouldn't even come up as an issue.

Having a 20-year write off seems excessive to me ... in Canada it's either 5 years or 7 years, I forget ... but that's hardly Trump's fault.

Just watched a Trump speech from Grand Rapids, Michigan where he once again stated that he'll bring American jobs back to America.

Now I've heard him say this many times now, however I've never heard him say how he'll actually do it.

The biggest problem I can see is that it's mainly American owned companies who are shipping American jobs overseas in the first place, presumably because of much lower production costs, wages etc to get your goods made in China & South East Asia, so just how is Donald Trump going to persuade American companies to bring back jobs to America where they were uncompetitively priced, thus necessitating the move to China & South East Asia to begin with. 

He's also said that he'll stop foreign companies from moving American jobs overseas, well as they are foreign companies Mr. Trump you can't tell them where to have their factories.

Of course he neglected to mention to the audience that he gets much of his clothing lines made in Mexico, China & Turkey, now I wonder why that was?

Just watched a Trump speech from Grand Rapids, Michigan where he once again stated that he'll bring American jobs back to America.

Now I've heard him say this many times now, however I've never heard him say how he'll actually do it.

The biggest problem I can see is that it's mainly American owned companies who are shipping American jobs overseas in the first place, presumably because of much lower production costs, wages etc to get your goods made in China & South East Asia, so just how is Donald Trump going to persuade American companies to bring back jobs to America where they were uncompetitively priced, thus necessitating the move to China & South East Asia to begin with. 

He's also said that he'll stop foreign companies from moving American jobs overseas, well as they are foreign companies Mr. Trump you can't tell them where to have their factories.

Of course he neglected to mention to the audience that he gets much of his clothing lines made in Mexico, China & Turkey, now I wonder why that was?

Import Tariffs.

That has been one of the hallmarks of his campaign:  long on rhetoric and short on specifics.

Another of the constants in his campaign is to beat up Clinton for being crooked.  He's got millions of people accepting his generalities on policy, and agreeing with him about Clinton, so his strategy has worked.  Now we need to wait and see if it's enough to get him 270 Electoral College votes.

alwaysthereinspirit

Import Tariffs.

This. He's said from the start he's sick of seeing American companies build it cheap outside the US. Then bring it back in to sell it at American labor prices. I guess we'll just have to wait till November 8 to see if he ever gets the chance to prove he can make it happen.