US Elections 2016

JamboX2

Trump might well fill stadiums, but is that a good yardstick to use?  Hitler and Mussolini filled stadiums too!

And as we rightly remember those who "donned battle-dress" in service to the country, we must also remember to exclude Trump from that group who, despite being described as an outstanding athlete, managed to get himself declared medically unfit to fulfill his military responsibilities.  I guess that ensuring justice and freedom weren't high on his priority list in those days.

Both of whom became leaders of their respective countries so it probably is a good yardstick to use.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

Both of whom became leaders of their respective countries so it probably is a good yardstick to use.

Both of whom also locked up and tried to silence any opposition, be that political opposition or otherwise, Trump has already threatened to lock up Hillary Clinton.

Both also oppressed and persecuted sections of their own people because they practised a different religion, Trump has already singled out Muslims.

Some uncomfortable parallels there IMO.

Both of whom also locked up and tried to silence any opposition, be that political opposition or otherwise, Trump has already threatened to lock up Hillary Clinton.

Both also oppressed and persecuted sections of their own people because they practised a different religion, Trump has already singled out Muslims.

This is true and also reinforces my point that it was a good yardstick to use.

Obama told us there is no such thing as voter or election fraud. He lied. Go listen to what he said about that 8 years ago before he was elected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBxNG-oeNDw

As I have been saying throughout this thread, George Soros and his ilk need to be looked at as you can't figure anything out without knowing what they are and just how they influence everything. Go look into what he was doing when he as 14. Go look into what he says about himself and his thinking, from his own mouth. Go look into his involvement in Black lives matter and the organizations caught red handed in the videos. There are many other organizations around the world that he has his blood stained hands all over and remember, Clinton said herself that Soros is her mentor. He is a narcissistic, sociopathic, monster.      

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/10/19/george-soros-group-paid-activists-disrupt-trump-events/

I've stayed off this thread for a while as I can only cope with so much stupidity, but you REALLY need to look up what 'oversampling' means :rofl:

Not even going to comment on the rest.

The CNN/ORC poll taken after the 3rd debate reads as follows:

From the 537 respondents, it was noted that 57% thought that Clinton won the debate while 34% thought Trump victorious.

However, despite not yet releasing its full methodology, CNN reported that 58% of the respondents were Democrats. This does not mean that 42% were Republicans, since the 42% figure also includes independents.

Another YouGov poll, which reported that Clinton won the debate 47%-42%, sampled 41% Democrats compared to 31% Republicans, another clear bias that skewed the result of the poll. If the ratio had been flipped or equal, the outcome would almost certainly have been a Trump victory. (CAPIFW)

Edited by alfajambo

Kalamazoo Jambo

From the 537 respondents, it was noted that 57% thought that Clinton won the debate while 34% thought Trump victorious.

However, despite not yet releasing its full methodology, CNN reported that 58% of the respondents were Democrats. This does not mean that 42% were Republicans, since the 42% figure also includes independents.

Another YouGov poll, which reported that Clinton won the debate 47%-42%, sampled 41% Democrats compared to 31% Republicans, another clear bias that skewed the result of the poll. If the ratio had been flipped or equal, the outcome would almost certainly have been a Trump victory. (CAPIFW)

You still do not understand what 'oversampling' means. It's a polling technique that enhances accuracy...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/politics/donald-trump-polls-rigged-oversampling-democrats/index.html

http://www.pewresearch.org/methodology/u-s-survey-research/sampling/#oversampling

...and if you really want the Fox News version...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/24/word-about-polling.html

The reason the CNN/ORC debate poll had more Clinton supporters responding is basically that more Democrats watch debates than Republicans. So it was a reasonable representation of the debate audience. CNN have made no secret about that. They didn't try to artificially skew the polls.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Sorry to hear that. But an indication of why would contribute more.

It's mainly the number of conspiracy theories tbh, the whole thread mirrors the election imo. half truth followed by half truth but taken as gospel or interpreted in ways to suit agendas.

I'm terrified that people still view Trump as a good option for president. I don't view Hillary as a good option either, but the whole 'she's part of a conspiracy' and he's the outsider is just nonsense.

alwaysthereinspirit

There has been so much crap made up about Hillary that even normal rational people hate her.

You'd have to be more specific on "made up crap"

Without wanting to defend Mussolini, unlike Hitler he didn't come to 'power' via persecuting religious groups and didn't run Italy on that basis either for almost 20 years.

He also generally ridiculed publicly the idea of a "Ayran/German" nation for years as impossible and that race is only a feeling. Even in terms of the Jews his own stated opinion pre-war was that they had been there since the Roman Empire and should be left alone.

Of course that changed in 1938 with the Manifesto of Race that was adopted via German pressure but even then the deportation of Jews to the camps was pretty much resisted and delayed at all levels.

Don't get me wrong, he was evil himself but the original Italian fascism was a completely different idea to Hitlers.

It's mainly the number of conspiracy theories tbh, the whole thread mirrors the election imo. half truth followed by half truth but taken as gospel or interpreted in ways to suit agendas.

I'm terrified that people still view Trump as a good option for president. I don't view Hillary as a good option either, but the whole 'she's part of a conspiracy' and he's the outsider is just nonsense.

I'm with you on this.

Earth shattering news that a politician says one thing then sometime later says the complete opposite, and some folks think this is news, really?

A politician or anybody else running for high office will say whatever it takes to win your vote and if that means changing their mind days, weeks, months or even years later then they'll do it.

As for vote rigging, well no election anywhere in the World is 100% perfect, except maybe countries like Zimbabwe.

For as long as there has been elections there's been cheating and vote rigging, for thousands of years it's been going on, yet to listen to Trump it's almost as if it's some kind of new phenomenon.

To reinforce what ML is saying, that's very simply not what oversampling means.

Edited by Ugly American

To reinforce what ML is saying, that's very simply not what oversampling means.

I suspect that most understand the concept of oversampling.

And perhaps even the concept of fraudulent mediology.

?That was my thought.

?Perhaps, as a result of watching dozens of infowars streams may I add.

Edited by alfajambo

Kalamazoo Jambo

looks like Clinton has greased the runway at La Guardia airport prior to Pence landing tonight. :)

Factually incorrect yet again. Perfectly innocent explanation - the pilot accidentally pressed the 'campaign metaphor' button*

*possibly stolen from Twitter :whistling:

alwaysthereinspirit

Breaking news: FBI reopening it's investigation into Clinton's emails.........interesting development  :kirk:

Not interesting development. Huge.

Breaking news: FBI reopening it's investigation into Clinton's emails.........interesting development  :kirk:

All very strange. I guess we'll have to wait and see what's brought this on.

She should have been done for lying under oath at the very least and what is coming out pails this into insignificance, so who knows.

What was it that the conspiracy nut jobs were saying about the good guys in the FBI feeling sick to there stomach over this.

What is not in dispute by any rational minded person is that they are fit to be tied and panicking over Project Veritas, and for good reason.

Everything is closing in on them apart from the MSM.

Not interesting development. Huge.

Yes it is.

As I have said throughout this thread. I fear for the American people because for me, there is only one end to this and it is not pretty, not pretty at all.

Edited by niblick1874

Without knowing the content of the emails or what the FBI investigation finds out or doesn't find out, whatever the case may be, the timing couldn't have come at a worse time for Clinton.

Unless the FBI investigation is wrapped up extremely quickly, like within the next couple of days, then Americans could very well be going to the polls not knowing if one of the candidates faces criminal charges or not and all the potential problems that could very well involve.

I wonder if that fact could have some influence on the votes of the undecided?

Innocent or not, I think Hillary Clinton's campaign has just been seriously damaged.

Ive been saying for ages this is huge. The liberal bias of mainstream has allowed people not to realise the scale of she apparent criminality here. It extends to Barry himself. Andrew C McCarthy at NatRev has been incredible on the detail side of this. Highly recommended. In normal world this would surely mean an indictment but one of the issues is FBI have so shockingly failed to follow their own protocol in the case. This may be more about Comey trying to beat his own guys to it who were going to start leaking.

Ive been saying for ages this is huge. The liberal bias of mainstream has allowed people not to realise the scale of she apparent criminality here. It extends to Barry himself. Andrew C McCarthy at NatRev has been incredible on the detail side of this. Highly recommended. In normal world this would surely mean an indictment but one of the issues is FBI have so shockingly failed to follow their own protocol in the case. This may be more about Comey trying to beat his own guys to it who were going to start leaking.

You're last sentence was my first thought.

alwaysthereinspirit

Comey cant afford to be seen dropping the ball again. If he has something that's real then he will recommend to the DOJ that they prosecute. Someone though will be thrown under the bus. I would have loved to have been a fly when Clinton heard this news.

Craig Gordons Gloves

FBI just handed the metaphorical nuclear button to Trump, unless a. it comes out quickly that nothing will come of this further investigation or b. Trump does something really stupid in the next 11 days. I'm hoping that a and b both happen .

I guess we can expect an apology from Trump any hour now.  He has openly declared that the FBI is a corrupt arm of the Clinton campaign.

But we all know that Trump doesn't do apologies.

The revelations that appear every week just confirm what has been stated by many people repeatedly ... neither of these candidates is suitable for the job of President.

alwaysthereinspirit

I guess we can expect an apology from Trump any hour now.  He has openly declared that the FBI is a corrupt arm of the Clinton campaign.

But we all know that Trump doesn't do apologies.

The revelations that appear every week just confirm what has been stated by many people repeatedly ... neither of these candidates is suitable for the job of President.

Trump v Kaine just doesn't have the same oomph.

Back Story of FBI?s Hillary Cover-Up

Yep, I told people a few pages back that there was a lot more to this than they thought and to have a look for themselves somewhere other than the MSM. The fix was in and Clinton was found guilty but not guilty. Cover-Up indeed and it wasn't even subtle. Then there's the ridiculousness of her lying under oath and it not being followed up on. What a web of deceit.  

Edited by niblick1874

Can someone (ideally not a conspiracy-theorist) explain what the whole 'email' and 'server' thing is all about?

Is what Hillary Clinton has done is send / receive emails via a bog-standard home computer rather than use a super-duper secure government one?

If so, is the problem that doing so was malicious or incompetent?

I have no idea what is going on. But if this means Trump is closer to power, God help us all.

Daydream Believer

Can someone (ideally not a conspiracy-theorist) explain what the whole 'email' and 'server' thing is all about?

Is what Hillary Clinton has done is send / receive emails via a bog-standard home computer rather than use a super-duper secure government one?

I have no idea what is going on. But if this means Trump is closer to power, God help us all.

Background here - 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-31806907

Craig Gordons Gloves

Infowars :rofl:

But but but, it's a credible source that isn't part of the establishment like the rest of the msm. ;)

Bridge of Djoum

Back Story of FBI?s Hillary Cover-Up

Yep, I told people a few pages back that there was a lot more to this than they thought and to have a look for themselves somewhere other than the MSM. The fix was in and Clinton was found guilty but not guilty. Cover-Up indeed and it wasn't even subtle. Then there's the ridiculousness of her lying under oath and it not being followed up on. What a web of deceit.  

No No No No No

NOOOOOO

Stop treating Infowars as a credible source.

In a nutshell, she transacted government business, via email, on a non-government server.  It's a security no-no.

What she did is probably not criminal, but it certainly displays poor judgement.

Poor judgement seems to be a characteristic of both candidates.

alwaysthereinspirit

In a nutshell, she transacted government business, via email, on a non-government server.  It's a security no-no.

What she did is probably not criminal, but it certainly displays poor judgement.

Poor judgement seems to be a characteristic of both candidates.

Deleting 30,000 emails 4 days after a subpoena has been issued for those same emails is not poor judgement.

Deleting 30,000 emails 4 days after a subpoena has been issued for those same emails is not poor judgement.

That isn't what's being investigated.

What happens if Clinton withdraws?

Who cares, because it's not happening.  There's almost nothing in this other than a "look at me!" moment from Comey.  But it may impact the election simply because of the timing.

Clinton has called on the FBI to immediately release everything it has instead of going for juicy headlines.

This isn't enough to rescue Trump, but it's probably enough to rescue some GOP Senate and Congressional incumbents who were at risk in a Clinton landslide.

No No No No No

NOOOOOO

Stop treating Infowars as a credible source.

This. 

I suspect that most understand the concept of oversampling.

And perhaps even the concept of fraudulent mediology.

?That was my thought.

?Perhaps, as a result of watching dozens of infowars streams may I add.

There's nothing fraudulent about oversampling.  If you still own a CD player, it does it too in order to more accurately reconstruct a wave form.

It's about targeting certain demographics where there's likely to be strong internal variation.  Once you oversample, you then go back and apply a weighting factor to correct for it.  It's about increasing precision on specific groups, not about increasing overall representation. 

Every election poll in the world uses statistical weighting.  In 2012, there were a whole bunch of people who were totally convinced that the weighting was a deliberate "skewing" of the polls and published a bunch of "un-skewed" polls that corrected for it.  They showed a more favorable result for Romney.  As it turns out, the polls did underrepresent some groups in the final election, and the result was more favorable.... for Obama.

I repeat -- there is a highly effective right wing noise machine out there that is highly invested in making stuff up like this.  All journalistic sources have bias, but good journalistic sources (including some decidedly right-wing ones like National Review or the Weekly Standard or CATO or American Enterprise Institute) attempt to keep touch with reality.  The Murdoch empire and its various wannabe imitators have no such qualms.

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-emails-fbi-comey-donald-trump-anthony-weiner-huma-abedin-514918

From one of many articles who have actually read the release and conducted interviews:

The disclosure by the Federal Bureau of Investigation late on Friday, October 28 that it had discovered potential new evidence in its inquiry into Hillary Clinton?s handling of her personal email when she was Secretary of State has virtually nothing to do with any actions taken by the Democratic nominee, according to government records and an official with knowledge of the investigation, who spoke to Newsweek on condition of anonymity.

The revelation that the FBI has discovered additional emails convulsed the political world, and led to widespread (and erroneous) claims and speculation. Many Republicans proclaimed that the discovery suggests Clinton may have broken the law, while Democrats condemned FBI Director James Comey for disclosing this information less than two weeks before the election, claiming he did it for political purposes.

Donald Trump, the Republican nominee, said the development showed his opponent had engaged in corruption ?on a scale we have never seen before,?? while Clinton called for the FBI to release all of the information it has, saying the American people have a right to know everything.       

The truth is much less explosive. There is no indication the emails in question were withheld by Clinton during the investigation, the law enforcement official told Newsweek, nor does the discovery suggest she did anything illegal. Also, none of the emails were to or from Clinton, the official said. Moreover, despite the widespread claims in the media that this development had prompted the FBI to ?reopen? of the case, it did not; such investigations are never actually closed, and it is common for law enforcement to discover new information that needs to be examined.

That isn't what's being investigated.

His reply is relevant because you were replying to someone that was asking for an explanation to the whole thing. Not only that, his reply to you gave an insight into one of the many things that stink about this, all of which has been given a wide berth by those on here and the MSM. How about discussing the indisputable fact that she lied under oath numerous times concerning this, or should we just put it down to poor judgment as you have?

In the reports I have listened to it appears that the F.B.I. investigation involves the well named pervert Wiener. The suggestion as I see it is that during that investigation there were some E mails that may have gone through the Clinton server, these not necessarily having anything to actually do with Clinton. It also seems that a device which should have been turned over to the F.B.I. during the original investigation was not in fact surrendered. This device was used by Wieners now seperated wife, and may hold some E mails involving Clinton. The main factor again as I see it is failure to hand over the device, and the old questions who, what, why, where and when have to be answered. If by any long shot they involve Clinton it will make no difference to the election results as nothing will be produced prior to the election. It however could be a poor start to a new Presidency.

His reply is relevant because you were replying to someone that was asking for an explanation to the whole thing. Not only that, his reply to you gave an insight into one of the many things that stink about this, all of which has been given a wide berth by those on here and the MSM. How about discussing the indisputable fact that she lied under oath numerous times concerning this, or should we just put it down to poor judgment as you have?

Here's the question that was asked,and that's the question I answered:

"Can someone (ideally not a conspiracy-theorist) explain what the whole 'email' and 'server' thing is all about?"  Please note that he was asking about emails and servers. And yes,  Clinton using a non-government server for government business was poor judgement.

You'll also notice that he doesn't want to hear your answer. 

In the reports I have listened to it appears that the F.B.I. investigation involves the well named pervert Wiener. The suggestion as I see it is that during that investigation there were some E mails that may have gone through the Clinton server, these not necessarily having anything to actually do with Clinton. It also seems that a device which should have been turned over to the F.B.I. during the original investigation was not in fact surrendered. This device was used by Wieners now seperated wife, and may hold some E mails involving Clinton. The main factor again as I see it is failure to hand over the device, and the old questions who, what, why, where and when have to be answered. If by any long shot they involve Clinton it will make no difference to the election results as nothing will be produced prior to the election. It however could be a poor start to a new Presidency.

I would say you have that about right however I would like to add that the Email server they are looking at is that of Clintons long time right hand woman

Here's the question that was asked,and that's the question I answered:

"Can someone (ideally not a conspiracy-theorist) explain what the whole 'email' and 'server' thing is all about?"  Please note that he was asking about emails and servers. And yes,  Clinton using a non-government server for government business was poor judgement.

You'll also notice that he doesn't want to hear your answer. 

Note the word whole, and did you also notice that I was not replying to him?

Edited by niblick1874

Hammers and bleachbit. All innocent. Probably just freeing up hard disk space. Who cares about emails about dog walking and yoga anyway? Oh, that silly 'C' on the page? I thougt it was an alphabetical ordering system.

I mean WTAF. I thought she was the most qualified person ever to run for office?

The notion that this is all a muddle not a fiddle requires a level of willfull brain cell suspension that the average die hard Trump redneck would be lampooned for.

Clinton has come out fighting. Good strategy that might just help her get over the line.

Bearing in mind she might be heading to defeat just now (if some of the experts with the track records predicting Trump win).