New away kit revealed

The Future's Maroon

WagonWheel

It's not bad, but I'd hoped for better from the leaked images / photoshop efforts. If the blue panel had been a tad narrower perhaps.

As a full kit, I think it would've looked better with white shorts, but I know they need to market two different colours of shorts and not have the same ones for home and away. (Perhaps the team will actually play in all white.)

Would give it 7/10.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Destruction Derby

Just been to the shop in St James centre and i have pre-ordered it, was not sure with the pictures but its alot better when you see it, they have the kids strip and the long-sleeve top in the window, got to say the quality of the tops is probably the best we have ever had........... that i can remember.

They also have a pretty neat looking tracksuit aswell which i assume will be getting released about the same time as the tops.

:107years:

shaun.lawson
Come on now - at least it's a million times better than that minging canary yellow effort that the other lot across the city have chosen! Jeez, every time I see that ad on the side of the buses, it makes me want to spew! :Icky:

Er, excuse me!

Shall we tell 'em

(Shall we tell 'em)

Who we are?

(Who we are?)

Yellow and green,

(Yellow and green)

World's best team.

No, not Brazil. Norwich City, of course! :)

Guest jackdaddy2008

I won't be buying it, the wee man might get it, but for me it looks like a ?9.99 random Umbro training top.

Would look nice on a bird on ma bed, but not for me.

Everybody loves Baz
Surely would be better having some fat git modelling it so we can see what it will look like on one of us.

I think thet couldn't get hold of Chester Tosserpot or John Mitchell at the time i was told.;)

Nelly Terraces

I'm not one for buying replica strips, in fact I've NEVER bought one, or worn one for anything other than playing 5s, but was in picking up my season ticket at the TO earlier today and it's on display there. It look a hell of a lot better in the flesh so to speak than it does in the photos. It's genuinely quite smart, and as DD said in post #102 the quality looks very good as well. Lets face it, compare it to the hobo's mingin effort, and it's no contest really.

One to buy at end of season for ?15 to strut my stuff in at world of football methinks.

I think the new strip is cracking, definately buying it. I really like it from the pics.

As Carlito would say on WWE

"Now thats Cool!"

Really like the top, very Ajax like, wonder what the home top will look like, superb!

Read the article in the Evening News, the concept seemed good but, and its only pictures, but the strip looks more black than navy blue. Again personal opinion but the left side seems a bit over balanced with the logo and sponsor all there. Otherwise for an away strip its not too bad.

If that's dark navy blue, it's the blackest blue I've ever seen.

Looks as dismal as the season that's just finished.

Hagar the Horrible

I would prefer it if it had a UJ on the back rather than a saltire?

Five

Four

Three

two

one

and bite?:P

"Now thats Cool!"

Really like the top, very Ajax like, wonder what the home top will look like, superb!

call me boring but i'd take the same in maroon.

heartyharry
I wish I was a well paid boffin as all you would need to do would be make smaller letters ie heeselink.

this is why you would never be a high paid boffin as the letters and numbers have to be a certain size to comply with spl rules

Must say I like it and will be putting in my pre-order , looking forward to wearing it...but of course we will have the usual grumpers on here , everyone has an opinion!!:)

Must say I like it and will be putting in my pre-order , looking forward to wearing it...but of course we will have the usual grumpers on here , everyone has an opinion!!:)

May I congrat you on your 1000th post.

Destruction Derby
11566095922042.jpg

31208.jpg

So..about that job Mr.Gates.

Get that filth of my computer screen :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

woohoo, 100 posts :)

The Wicker Man

I like the fact the sponsor logo is vertical - they will get more coverage when our

'Lithuanian players dive in the box' * when on TV. :rolleyes:

* Copyright Gordon Smith and various Glasgow based media/journalist types

It's garbage. As expected with a navy blue colour:S. It's not the colour of the national teams top so doesn't really bide with the whole scottish identity crap they are trying to flog us off with. Let's hope the home effort isn't just a mirror of it.

Its not far off is it?

heartyharry
11566095922042.jpg

31208.jpg

yes thats fine with the celtic top as its all white letters but with our top it would have to be white and black letters what if a black letter ran into the blue on the top u would never make out the name sorry but no job back to school im affraid

heartyharry
11566095922042.jpg

31208.jpg

as u can see on both celtic tops its all black or all white letters we would have to use white and black letters what if the black letters ran into the blue on the top you wouldnt see the name as clear no good for spl rules sorry but no job yet

hughesie27

That isn't the point though. You could fit all the letters in the blue panel if you used the celtic away top sized letters.

His name is the longest in Europe and they managed to fit it into a small space. If it was that much of a problem witht he likes of mikolinoaus(sp)?? Then he couls just have ''Miko''.

'

Could always have a third colour, almost said red.......... but too risky.

heartyharry
That isn't the point though. You could fit all the letters in the blue panel if you used the celtic away top sized letters.

His name is the longest in Europe and they managed to fit it into a small space. If it was that much of a problem witht he likes of mikolinoaus(sp)?? Then he couls just have ''Miko''.

'

all spl clubs have the same size of letters those letters on the celtic top are the same size that hearts use along with every other spl club as i said before spl rules

hughesie27
all spl clubs have the same size of letters those letters on the celtic top are the same size that hearts use along with every other spl club as i said before spl rules

That is rubbish. You can clearly see that the 2 names here 11566095922042.jpg

31208.jpg

consist of different letters the 'N's for example are much narrower in teh away top.

"Now thats Cool!"

call me boring but i'd take the same in maroon.

Although I think the strip would look smart with the maroon instead of the blue i doubt it would be possible. IMO there would be too much white on both strips and cause problems playing St Mirren and Killie.

What's wrong with simply giving us variations on Maroon & White?

Blue is not a Hearts colour; our colours are Maroon & White.

markletissier
as u can see on both celtic tops its all black or all white letters we would have to use white and black letters what if the black letters ran into the blue on the top you wouldnt see the name as clear no good for spl rules sorry but no job yet

ajax have no problem with the number situation so why should we?

anyway. nice top, it has been ordered.

Guest JamboRobbo

I agree. I thought it might look ok with this new design, but the blue is just not HMFC IMO. Why not the same thing, but with maroon stripe instead of blue....

like this one.

http://www.toffs.com/invt/2025

dkmmgcycbwc

As one person already pointed out the back appears to be all white so there is absolutely no problem with names, numbers etc.

But keep on arguing if you like.

hughesie27
As one person already pointed out the back appears to be all white so there is absolutely no problem with names, numbers etc.

But keep on arguing if you like.

We are talking about the situation where it would look better with the stripe on the back.

Bootboy100
Sky blue? Yes what is wrong with Sky Blue?? At least it doesnt clash with Falkirk's kit!!

Where do these people come from? Edinburgh!!:)

Craig-Section Z

Its ok, but it doesn't look like a Hearts strip, a training top if anything.

Quite like the female version though, it looks better!!

Why do people take football tops on holiday.

Dont they know it looks chavvy and ****my?

Football snobs, a whacky combination.

That's me sold on the idea, I'm getting one for my holidays. :)

The Old Tolbooth
I think thet couldn't get hold of Chester Tosserpot or John Mitchell at the time i was told.;)

Haw haw haw!

Shut it Capt Jack Sparrow! ;)

I love it, MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the minging top we had out last season!

The vertical 'ukio bankas' looks a bit cr@p. The Ukio logo in particular looks weird when it is on it's side directly beside the Hearts badge which is the correct way up.

gowestjambo

I wondered who would be the first (apart from me!) to mention this........

Heart of Midlothian colours MAROON & WHITE

I wondered who would be the first (apart from me!) to mention this........

Heart of Midlothian colours MAROON & WHITE

Eggsactly. It looks great, it just doesn't look like a Hearts strip.

I don't understand what they were aiming at with this at all....where did the blue thing come from? Its weird.

chester copperpot

The new away top looks like a training top. Haven't looked through the thread to see that, but a bit of a letdown IMO.

It's a statement of racial integration in our fair land,a stark but yet subtle combination of togetherness and diversity.....or it's crap!

I'll go for the latter.:)

Guest Dr Venkman

Nice design.

Nice quality.

Nice kit maker.

Shame it's not Hearts colours.

This is the kind of thing that the pieman would peddle....maroon doesn't sell, blue does etc

We wear our away kit when we play Aberdeen (this new kit would be ok) and against Rangers and Falkirk who both play in blue (this kit wouldn't be ok).

It'll sell but it isn't practical in any way. I sense a third kit in the offing....

Black would even have been better and probably more appropriate for the coming season.

Having said that, i quite like it.

PC Handwringer

wont be buying it its not MAROON and WHITE

looks like a Scotland idea with a Hearts badge not enough Jambo feeling for me

colour for away could have been just all white with maroon trims forget this navy crap reeks of Dundee for me!!!

Archived