New away kit revealed

The Future's Maroon

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Make sure you get them for every member of your family to show the world how much you support your team in any location on the planet.

Nothing looks better than a family in football tops.

Try and have an argument if possible too, brings attention to you.

will not get far, only me and and the girlfriend on holiday and she is on the dark side of the city.

Black or blue? It's irrelevant. it looks gash.

Taken a good idea (the 70's Ajax style kit we had) and made an arse of it.

Negative post shock :eek:

Tasavallan
Andy Driver isnt much taller than a 12 year old girl. worrying?

It would appear than he takes a smaller shoe size, too.

blondejamtart

Come on now - at least it's a million times better than that minging canary yellow effort that the other lot across the city have chosen! Jeez, every time I see that ad on the side of the buses, it makes me want to spew! :Icky:

The Mighty Thor
Negative post shock :eek:

Honest opinion shock. I don't like the new away kit.

Do you find my posting inherrently negative?

Got my Full New 08/09 Kit Pre-Ordered, just in time for my holidays :)

It's better than other ones I have saw....... Hibs for example!!

Dr. Bapswent

Why do people take football tops on holiday.

Dont they know it looks chavvy and ****my?

Overall, I like it.

The only downsides IMO are:

Too many embelishments (e.g. diamonds on the socks,sleeves, shorts). I guess thats the way with football strips nowadays.

Cluttered chest. The UKIO bankas insignia, Hearts badge and umbro sign all clustered in one area is a wee bit much.

The collar/neck-line looks a bit confused.

Buffalo Bill

It's naaaace.

I liiiiiike it.

borat.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Dr. Bapswent
It's naaaace.

I liiiiiike it.

borat.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Anyone else think Tom Hanks looks like Borat....just without a tache...

big.jpg

Pants Shaton
It's naaaace.

I liiiiiike it.

borat.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Better than that silver one?

AHB_silver_jersey.jpg

Hagar the Horrible

I hope the home strip is better, i am a bit disappointed if it had the same down the back. And the blue is too dark, would have preferred azure or royal blue or even get this (MAROON)? still it's away from the boring reverse of the home strip and it might grow on me:sad:

The People's Chimp
Personally i think it's pretty crap. A poor effort at an ajax sytle top and I don;t like the collar, or lack of.

i agree re: the collar. It's a few small adjustments away from being really snart, but just doesn't quite look right. The umbro badge should be on the right shoulder, there should be some form of collar and maybe some more blue on the back.

Don't really like it,may be better in the flesh,so to speak.

I have never liked club badges in the centre of strips, always prefered them on the left.

Dr. Bapswent
Don't really like it,may be better in the flesh,so to speak.

I have never liked club badges in the centre of strips, always prefered them on the left.

They couldnt really put the badge and Umbro logo on the left and right sides, as this would overlap the black stripe, and make it look more silly.

They couldnt really put the badge and Umbro logo on the left and right sides, as this would overlap the black stripe, and make it look more silly.

Well the company that done the Craig Levein testimonial strips managed it,now they looked smart,so smart infact that I bought one and we got them made special for our supporters club football team,we might not have won as many games as we would have liked but we looked fecking smart.

zebedee jambo

Looks smart but just wondering if we will have to get a 3rd kit due to the colours clashes ?

Are we getting a new home kit aswell ??

I hope the home strip is better, i am a bit disappointed if it had the same down the back. And the blue is too dark, would have preferred azure or royal blue or even get this (MAROON)? still it's away from the boring reverse of the home strip and it might grow on me:sad:

Agreed they have missed a trick by going for blue, I can only think that from a marketing point there are so many TOFFS ajax version about that some folk would have passed on a modern maroon version.

always a jambo

It's even got Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts on the bottom at the back.

I like it, think it looks smart though I only buy home tops so will have to wait until July.

Better than that silver one?

AHB_silver_jersey.jpg

Just about to head up to Football Nation to buy that top with Robertson 9 on the back.

The away top. I don't know. When I first seen it looked ace but I amgoing of it a little bit. I was thinking of getting the long sleeved one. But not too sure. Will need to see it in person.

Marmeladent?rtchen
it's okay but a bit training gear style about it

I agree, but I do like it! Its the first time I have looked forward to next season, since the McGhee saga ended!! Cant to see the boys with it on.

Does anyone know if we are the first to have the team sponsor done vertically? (Sounds like something the hobos would be proud of!!!) ;-)

Ooh, I do like. But I'm not sure if it actually looks like a Hearts strip. Never mind, I need new jammies anyway...

:)

Ray Winstone

Very smart kit.

Definitely considering it as a summer purchase for 5s.

|ye, brilliant strip. I'm going to buy one for the start of the new season for the 1st time in years!

hughesie27

It's garbage. As expected with a navy blue colour:S. It's not the colour of the national teams top so doesn't really bide with the whole scottish identity crap they are trying to flog us off with. Let's hope the home effort isn't just a mirror of it.

Bootboy100

Cant really say I am blown away by this effort. Idea was good but the execution is p!sh!!!

Why pick navy blue?? Sky Blue would have been better!!!

Dr. Bapswent
Cant really say I am blown away by this effort. Idea was good but the execution is p!sh!!!

Why pick navy blue?? Sky Blue would have been better!!!

Sky blue?

Where do these people come from?

It's even got Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts on the bottom at the back.

I like it, think it looks smart though I only buy home tops so will have to wait until July.

How do you know?

I like the general idea and colours, but I think the strip should've been on the back too; looks a bit unfinished/amateurish to me because it's not there. And WTF are the 'wings' on the back about anyway?

Won't be buying it, but I don't buy strips anyway :D If I did, I would be a wee bit disappointed in that - probably won't come cheap either.

The problem with that would be the names and numbers. It would work ok for a name like Nade, but what about anyone with a long name - it would need to be in two colours.

The problem with that would be the names and numbers. It would work ok for a name like Nade, but what about anyone with a long name - it would need to be in two colours.

Right enough, mate - never thought of that. Suppose some well-paid boffin could come up with a way of fixing it. Hope the strip grows on me, just think it looks a bit daft at the moment.

Dr. Bapswent

Not when the stripe is only on the front.

hughesie27

I wish I was a well paid boffin as all you would need to do would be make smaller letters ie heeselink.

Nelly Terraces

To put things into context, I feel our effort for this year compares favourably to that of lesser teams choices of putrid highlighter pen coloured cheap tat. Even the model wearing it in this photo looks rather inferior and somewhat lacking in taste.

I've a feeling this little number will fall to pieces by around Christmas, as their previous efforts have followed that longevity schedule.

Murray%20Shirt%20300.jpg

Pants Shaton
To put things into context, I feel our effort for this year compares favourably to that of lesser teams choices of putrid highlighter pen coloured cheap tat. Even the model wearing it in this photo looks rather inferior and somewhat lacking in taste.

I've a feeling this little number will fall to pieces by around Christmas, as their previous efforts have followed that longevity schedule.

Murray%20Shirt%20300.jpg

Nice of Hibernian to add 'stink lines' to their model thus giving the average consumer a clearer idea of what it will look like when worn in their rat-infested council flats.

Archived