Warning signs from Hearts.

JamboJohn1874

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusk_Till_Dawn

More helmets on here than a ****ing Viking longboat.

I8, you're the worst. Still haven't taken me up on that charity bet - ?20 says we win five more games this season. You in?

Bambo Badonde

On the whole this season we have done ok. I think too many supporters have set unattainable high standards for us. Btw our squad isn't as strong as many people think.

Lots of talk about how good our players are but there is very little to justify this talk. When someone has played consistently well over a season or two in the top flight then we can start to say how good they are. No one in our squad has done this yet.

Anyone else becoming concerned over the standard our play has dropped to as we get further and further into the season?

We started back in the summer with all guns blazing and  with our dodgy defence we had to our score other teams to get the victories. If nothing else it was exciting, and you always felt we were likely to score. We got a bit of luck with Ozturk?s injury which allowed Augustyn and Rossi to play together and our defence stiffened up substantially and is still really good. Unfortunately the manager seems to have gone to town on this defensive stuff and we have now become one of the most boring, dull and physical teams in the league. Where are the goals coming from? What?s with all this hoofball sh~t every week!

Walker has been a big miss but I also suspect the goals and especially the assists from Billy King are overlooked as well. Why does he not get a start or on earlier now as a sub. Djoum is a good, strong and physical player but he doesn?t exactly set the heather on fire. Pallardo, although still a quality player, is frequently caught out for pace in this league and is now looking distinctly ordinary. Quite frankly it is not good enough, no matter what our league position says. Neilson is following our Director of football?s style when he was here and it is dull. Jaunma seems to be losing interest and Sow may not be here for long. Even worse, if we don?t substantially pick up against Celtic and especially Aberdeen in the cup, everything important this season will be gone and it won?t be long before we stop seeing the ?sold out? signs up every week.

Get a grip Neilson. Stop working the players to death, stop the hoofball and start embracing attacking football again.

Oh Dear! Away and behave yourself. We are on a very limited budget and time is required to build a good team of which we are a long way short. A very short time has passed since we were in administration. Be patient and get behind the team and management.

Oh Dear! Away and behave yourself. We are on a very limited budget and time is required to build a good team of which we are a long way short. A very short time has passed since we were in administration. Be patient and get behind the team and management.

Exactly. When McInnis first started putting his current team together he was still struggling to finish third. We are already up there with his team after one full season in the league below.

The lack of perspective here is utterly mindboggling.

We've played poorly in the last few games but really we're talking about a 3 and a half game spell, 3 of which were away from home, 2 of which were against teams in the top 4 and one of which we were with ten men for over an hour. Even the Motherwell doesn't exactly fit into this "it's defensive shite every week" nonsense; we missed plenty of chances to win that game.

I'm not saying that we're playing well every week, because we clearly aren't, but I don't expect us to do so, unlike the self-styled "realists" (lol). That's because there has never been a Hearts team that's played well every week, nor are there any teams in this league that play well every week.

Sergio's cup-winning Hearts team? Even worse for turning out turgid shite in away games, had very little up front, finished a poor fifth. Jefferies' second spell? Aside from a period where Kyle and Templeton clicked it was mostly bang average and we went on a long and dreadful run before he was sacked. Csaba Laszlo? Attacking performances and goals galore. Frail, Korobochka etc? I'm yearning for a return to those days. I could easily go on.

There are legitimate criticisms to be made of Neilson's Hearts team, most notably our record in "big" games, but all things considered it's undeniably been a success, even without taking into account that he pretty much started from scratch in a tough Championship. This would be the view of an actual realist.

Dagger Is Back

Anyone else becoming concerned over the standard our play has dropped to as we get further and further into the season?

We started back in the summer with all guns blazing and  with our dodgy defence we had to our score other teams to get the victories. If nothing else it was exciting, and you always felt we were likely to score. We got a bit of luck with Ozturk?s injury which allowed Augustyn and Rossi to play together and our defence stiffened up substantially and is still really good. Unfortunately the manager seems to have gone to town on this defensive stuff and we have now become one of the most boring, dull and physical teams in the league. Where are the goals coming from? What?s with all this hoofball sh~t every week!

Walker has been a big miss but I also suspect the goals and especially the assists from Billy King are overlooked as well. Why does he not get a start or on earlier now as a sub. Djoum is a good, strong and physical player but he doesn?t exactly set the heather on fire. Pallardo, although still a quality player, is frequently caught out for pace in this league and is now looking distinctly ordinary. Quite frankly it is not good enough, no matter what our league position says. Neilson is following our Director of football?s style when he was here and it is dull. Jaunma seems to be losing interest and Sow may not be here for long. Even worse, if we don?t substantially pick up against Celtic and especially Aberdeen in the cup, everything important this season will be gone and it won?t be long before we stop seeing the ?sold out? signs up every week.

Get a grip Neilson. Stop working the players to death, stop the hoofball and start embracing attacking football again.

I'm with you particularly the bits in bold. Pallardo is an excellent player but for me it's all about the balance of the team. We've got 7 or 8 defensive players in that team most weeks. I worry about the rest of the season and in terms of entertaining the punters, no-one can argue that we've been very very pedestrian and dull. Djoum is an excellent player too but again it's about the team shape, tactics and discipline not just about one or two players.

If teams are as good as RN says they are about sussing us out, it's going to be a long slog till  may and he better come up with a plan b.

No it doesn't. Most supporters can see these things are far more important than a bad run. If you look at the things I listed it's good overall form, building the infrastructure, securing the long term future and improving our club. Anyone who puts a short run of results before all that is seriously in need of around the clock care.

It is important that we see a reaction to our mediocre recent form soon, but the way the season has gone it would be weird to assume it won't happen.

Not getting what I'm saying. Results mean everything.

Whether we're playing in a back garden or building the best stadium in the world it all counts on the park NOW as much as it will in 5, 10, 20 years.

The stadium expansion/refurbishment is important for the future and an exciting prospect, but what's happens on the park always matters.

People are consumed with "5 year plans" as if at the end of that time we are guaranteed success.

We aren't.

Success comes when you have the desire to want it every minute, day and month, year......call me controversial but there a lot of supporters who think a lot of side issues are more important than success on the park.

I am very worried yes.  All the usual JKB losers are putting the "we are 3rd" and "this time 2 years ago" spin on it but I think now we are 4 wins in 14 games or something.  I am very worried.  Put whatever loser spin you wish on it, we have won 4 games out of 14 or something.  With Celtic up next.

Funniest blog for years!!!! Deary, deary me !

Okay sorry this is funnier.

The bit about..and it won?t be long before we stop seeing the ?sold out? signs up every week. Get a grip son, get a grip!

Not getting what I'm saying. Results mean everything.

Whether we're playing in a back garden or building the best stadium in the world it all counts on the park NOW as much as it will in 5, 10, 20 years.

The stadium expansion/refurbishment is important for the future and an exciting prospect, but what's happens on the park always matters.

People are consumed with "5 year plans" as if at the end of that time we are guaranteed success.

We aren't.

Success comes when you have the desire to want it every minute, day and month, year......call me controversial but there a lot of supporters who think a lot of side issues are more important than success on the park.

No I get what you are saying, but "walking the championship" and "third in the league" point to good results. A short spell of mediocre results do jot really tell us too much.

rudi must stay

We started back in the summer with all guns blazing and with our dodgy defence we had to our score other teams to get the victories. If nothing else it was exciting, and you always felt we were likely to score. We got a bit of luck with Ozturk?s injury which allowed Augustyn and Rossi to play together and our defence stiffened up substantially and is still really good. Unfortunately the manager seems to have gone to town on this defensive stuff and we have now become one of the most boring, dull and physical teams in the league. Where are the goals coming from? What?s with all this hoofball sh~t every week!

We are playing in a tougher league. That shouldn't be forgotten, even Walker is unproven at this level. So when he comes back I don't think he'll do what some fans expect. We can only hope Neilson knows what he's doing. And all the stats suggest he does

Earlier in the season the defence was struggling. That's been attended to and we are very difficult to beat.

We have Jamie Walker to come back in and probably a new striker to bolster our attacking options.

I have heard well respected  people in the game say you should always build your team from the back. Hearts are a work in progress. Romping the Championship is one thing but performing to a high level every week at the higher level is not easy but I have every faith in our management team to produce the performances and league position we desire.

I will consider anywhere in the top four a success this season. Any strangers reading these threads must think JKB is bonkers

Going by the comments it would seem some would like to jettison our management team because we are supposedly playing boring football. those folk should be careful about what they wish for. I remember once when a mixture of fan and player power got rid of Joe Jordan because he was too "boring". We then promoted from within and Sandy Clarke nearly got us relegated.

No I get what you are saying, but "walking the championship" and "third in the league" point to good results. A short spell of mediocre results do jot really tell us too much.

agree.

We were awful at Aberdeen and poor at Motherwell yet oddly we could have won both.

I've seen much worse Hearts teams and you don't have to go that far back to remember them.

I'm not going to jump on the negative band wagon just yet as a positive result will turn things around again. The sooner the better though!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

The thing that strikes me most is that as soon as we go on a bad run or put in a couple of poor performances, it's Levein's fault.  As soon as we start winning again and playing good football then it's down to Neilson.

Yes, we've not been as great recently (especially compared to our first 5 games) but we had to do something about the gaping holes in our defence.  The St Johnstone game on the opening day was exciting but we conceded 3 cheap goals and could have been about 5 down at half time at Dens the following week.  Kilmarnock away, Hamilton away, Inverness away.  All games where we were shaky defensively.  Ever since we went to Parkhead we've been a different team at the back (perhaps Motherwell away aside but you can partly blame the conditions for that).  The back four looks like much more of a unit and we are conceding far fewer goals and teams are having to work to score against us.

On the flip side of that, we've lost some of our attacking threat as a result.  Sam Nicholson was on fire at the beginning of the season, but he's not been the same player in recent weeks.  We're not playing through midfield as much and centre halves at this level will deal with high balls all day long.  Our play sometimes lacks imagination and we're too predictable at times.  Neilson seems to be trying to coach the players about game management and is encouraging them to try and defend one goal leads which has cost us against Kilmarnock and Dundee at Tynecastle.  Coaching the players on this aspect of the game isn't bad management, but we invited too much pressure in those games and we could and should be 4 points better off than we currently are.

We need to find the right balance, defensive solidity combined with fluid attacking play.  That's the hard bit and I'm sure we're working towards that.  We certainly have the players to do it though.  It's great that we've tightened up at the back and are hard to beat, but we've dropped too many silly points recently and that's something we need to work on.  The team is still very much a work in progress and we're still finding our feet in this league, so is our manager.

We've got a decent run of games coming up after the Celtic game, with some big chances to pick up points and close the gap.  I think away from home we're going to look to grind out results, but at home is where we can really make our mark.  We might even find that some new recruits in January freshen things up a bit and force a change in the style of play.

We will improve, I've no doubt about it.

You highlighted the games you thought are winnable, meaning the games you didn't highlight are not winnable in your opinion. Nothing to do with "Targeting" games to win.

It's not difficult you either think all games are winnable or you don't. You said nothing about thinking those are the games we have best chance in to get 3 points etc etc. If you had I would still question the fact you feel we don't have as good a chance as any other game of winning at Tannadice and Hamilton.

Deary me, so some games cant be more winnable than others then? Its not difficult, I8 questioned whether we can win 9 of our remaining games, I highlight the 9 'most' winnable ones. 7 plus 2 in the split.

In no way did insinuate the club should he looking to win certain games and see out draws in others.

Bazzas right boot

In the overall scheme of things, no, we are third.

However, I think we are underachieving in terms  of playing style and if were a little more positive in terms of attitude and approach we could have been closer to the top 2.

The current pattern of players like Bauben coming out and slamming our style of football, Juanama's petulance and Sows's stalling on a contract, does paint a picture that all is not happy.

This along with Mcghee's brain fart and Robbie's insistence of playing players out of position, does to me feel like something is not quite right.

It can be easily fixed and a good performance v Celtic and progress in the cup would change the complexation of our season, however if we lose these  two games we will likely be 4th and again out of the cup before it begins.

Things are not bad, we are doing well, I also think we can do better.

Deary me, so some games cant be more winnable than others then? Its not difficult, I8 questioned whether we can win 9 of our remaining games, I highlight the 9 'most' winnable ones. 7 plus 2 in the split.

In no way did insinuate the club should he looking to win certain games and see out draws in others.

I'll give it one last go your having difficulty here.

Not once did you make it clear that in your answer to I8 that you were only highlighting the games that you felt we have our best chance of winning. You clearly stated you had highlighted the games you feel are winnable. That is exactly how you said it. That leads to the conclusion that you obviously feel the games you didn't highlight you don't think are winnable. It's not rocket science m8. There's no English degree required that is exactly what you said.

Now if you want to now say that you didn't make yourself clear that what you really meant and didn't state in your reply was you felt that those are our best chances that actually all games are winnable. That's fine we can move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabienleclerq

I don't think we started that well, results wise we did but I don't think we were at our best and haven't hit it yet either.

I'm not worried, I said I'd expect third and only St Johnstone look like challenging us and they couldn't beat us with ten men. I look at us and think we are now solid at the back, I'd like a new keeper personally but GA is fine for now. We are laying the foundations, now we need to start looking towards building the midfield and attack. Futures bright.

In the overall scheme of things, no, we are third.

However, I think we are underachieving in terms  of playing style and if were a little more positive in terms of attitude and approach we could have been closer to the top 2.

The current pattern of players like Bauben coming out and slamming our style of football, Juanama's petulance and Sows's stalling on a contract, does paint a picture that all is not happy.

This along with Mcghee's brain fart and Robbie's insistence of playing players out of position, does to me feel like something is not quite right.

It can be easily fixed and a good performance v Celtic and progress in the cup would change the complexation of our season, however if we lose these  two games we will likely be 4th and again out of the cup before it begins.

Things are not bad, we are doing well, I also think we can do better.

Sow wants to see if he can get a deal in a better league with bigger wages, McGhee had a brain fart, Juanma has problems adapting to a more physical league and clearly isn't a world beater which is why he is plying his trade in the relative backwater of Scottish football. None of these things amount to a picture that "all is not happy". Too many 2 +2=9 threads on this place these days. Also perhaps not enough people who remember "proper" bad Hearts teams and no tactics. For the latter we need only look back to Locke, McGlynn and even JJ let alone the crap we endured in the 70's.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Should we bother with the new stand? Judging by some of the petted lips they won't be around to see it. Crowds will drop they say.

I think we should press on for the sake of the loyal fans. Like the ones that get mocked for enjoying the Hearts experience win lose draw. Why? Because it's a love affair a marriage like no other. No matter how shite it goes we will be back because it makes us stronger . After the last 4 years I would have never believed so much shit could be scripted so soon.

Reality could so easily have been Rangers and Hibs fate but it is not.

I think I can handle these warning signs . Signs our position is solidified in the top four. After all that has happened the foundation for 16/17 seems to be a very strong set.

#stepping up

Captain Canada

Thank goodness we won our first five games. Since then we've gained 17 points in 13 games which is hardly fantastic form.

3rd in the league is good but make no mistake, it's a dreadful standard and our position is papering over the cracks.

We've regressed big time since we clinched the Championship title.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thank goodness we won our first five games. Since then we've gained 17 points in 13 games which is hardly fantastic form.

3rd in the league is good but make no mistake, it's a dreadful standard and our position is papering over the cracks.

Celtic have taken no points from their last one

You could say the same about Celtic, not convincing at all but still 1st. Aberdeen had a really bad spell of games, a worse spell than our current "bad patch".

In fact if you look at the last 10 games on the BBC site, we have the best form in the league outside of Celtic (in terms of not losing)!

Celtic - 23 pts in 10 games

Hearts - 17 pts in 10 games

Aberdeen - 17 pts in 10 games

Should we bother with the new stand? Judging by some of the petted lips they won't be around to see it. Crowds will drop they say.

I think we should press on for the sake of the loyal fans. Like the ones that get mocked for enjoying the Hearts experience win lose draw. Why? Because it's a love affair a marriage like no other. No matter how shite it goes we will be back because it makes us stronger . After the last 4 years I would have never believed so much shit could be scripted so soon.

Reality could so easily have been Rangers and Hibs fate but it is not.

I think I can handle these warning signs . Signs our position is solidified in the top four. After all that has happened the foundation for 16/17 seems to be a very strong set.

#stepping up

I agree with this. It's a football forum, who comes on to a football forum to try and build up an online character or make out they're too cool to care about their team? Football forums are about the football team and the so called jammie wearers are the ones who have got it right. It's the guys who's social lives revolve around being an online devils advocate or realist that worry me far more. Just be fans and act like fans for goodness sake. A particularly awful poster earlier tried to be condescending towards 50+ posters reminiscing about Levein as a player. That is exactly what these places are for talking about Hearts players, reminiscing about results and performances and being enthusiastic about your team. Somewhere down the line that concept has become uncool and when people do this there are sad wee arseholes being snide about it, as if their witless and humourless trolling is in some way more interesting and any less sad.

You could say the same about Celtic, not convincing at all but still 1st. Aberdeen had a really bad spell of games, a worse spell than our current "bad patch".

In fact if you look at the last 10 games on the BBC site, we have the best form in the league outside of Celtic (in terms of not losing)!

Celtic - 23 pts in 10 games

Hearts - 17 pts in 10 games

Aberdeen - 17 pts in 10 games

Tell a lie. I didn't realise St J's form is 20 pts from the last 10. Makes our 10-man result even better.

Bazzas right boot

Sow wants to see if he can get a deal in a better league with bigger wages, McGhee had a brain fart, Juanma has problems adapting to a more physical league and clearly isn't a world beater which is why he is plying his trade in the relative backwater of Scottish football. None of these things amount to a picture that "all is not happy". Too many 2 +2=9 threads on this place these days. Also perhaps not enough people who remember "proper" bad Hearts teams and no tactics. For the latter we need only look back to Locke, McGlynn and even JJ let alone the crap we endured in the 70's.

Maybe, but I don't think the camp appears all that happy, especially considering we are third after being promoted, just a gut feelong, all the wee niggly issues add up.

Wouldn't say we appear unhappy, but I don't think all is well.

Maybe, but I don't think the camp appears all that happy, especially considering we are third after being promoted, just a gut feelong, all the wee niggly issues add up.

If our squad's not happy imagine Dundee Utd's! I'm going to guess we're currently the third happiest squad in the league right now. With European football next season a definite possibility they should be delighted. If they're not happy because we could be playing better then that's very good news for us.

You are entitled to your opinion but you are leaping to a conclusion on very little evidence imo.

If it is just a gut feeling you have then fair enough.

TBH all this negativity and toys out the pram stuff on here is making me think I should give this place a rest for a while.

The Future's Maroon

I will stick with my theory.....

Football fans (yes us) are a fickle bunch....

Good when winning (last season)

Wanks when not winning (current situ)

For me, supporting a team is not all about the winning....we are Hearts, not R Madrid/Barca....can't win every game.

It seems to me that the previous season had a lot of mid-range shots, this season in general less shot attempts. I think, best position for goals is mid-range. If you shot exactly 20 times from the mid-range, it is guaranteed to have at least 1-3 goals. If you are looking for a chance to beat from close, you get less those occasions. Of course, you need to combine shots distance to destroy the defense. But you need to TRY to shot.

john brownlee

I shouldn't really complain, as every week I ask for a clean sheet, which Most games I get with the unforeseen hic up.

As of late it is a bit nerve racking. I'm sure we will pull through this period and start winning games again.

. I said on another thread that I thought some players were just doing their job no more no less. Maybe I should have said Because the paramount is clean sheets, that players are nervous and on edge and it dose show and the lack of full bloodied tackles is down to the fear of cards.

Still on the happy bus even though it may seemed to be parked up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's obvious we will not be feeling too pleased with results the now, we won our 1st 5 and thought we were going to win the league. This league will bring ups and downs all season we just need to accept that. If we go on another good run then all will be rosy again. More attacking football though please.

It's obvious we will not be feeling too pleased with results the now, we won our 1st 5 and thought we were going to win the league. This league will bring ups and downs all season we just need to accept that. If we go on another good run then all will be rosy again. More attacking football though please.

An interesting observation is that the posters who were backing a League challenge and being told they were in for a disappointment are not the ones having big tantrums about our current form.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

More helmets on here than a ******* Viking longboat.

I8, you're the worst. Still haven't taken me up on that charity bet - ?20 says we win five more games this season. You in?

He's already come on here and announced he shat himself over one bet. He'll do the same with yours.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He's already come on here and announced he shat himself over one bet. He'll do the same with yours.

Well to be fair, you would. As if we're not going to win five more games.

I get the feeling that I8 didn't get much attention as a wee boy.

An interesting thread and nice to see that despite differing opinions it's stayed pretty civil.

Sitting third in the league is a fantastic achievement and it'll be great to have European games again next season - assuming we maintain our current position.

However, there's no denying that our general play has taken a massive downturn. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread there was a lot of talk at the start of the season about how many penalties we were winning. This, for me, is a great indicator of the way or play has changed. We've gone from fast, attacking football to insecure hoofball.

There are some obvious reasons for that, not least the injuries we've had. King, Walker and to a lesser extent Buaben, Pallardo, Ozturk and El Hassnaoui have all affected our ability to play the brand of attacking football we did last season and the start of this season. We were also shipping goals for fun at the start of the season and all of us on here agreed or defending needed addressing. Now, whether our tighter defence has just come about because Augustyn and Rossi have had time to build a partnership or the whole team has been instructed to play differently, only the players themselves will know.

On the face of things we've picked up points in difficult places (Celtic and St J) and were a moment of madness away from a point at Aberdeen. The performances were very Csaba though. We've been spoilt by the attacking football we played last season and at the start of this, and when you see almost the same group of players playing this boringly now it's understandable that some fans start asking questions.

For us season ticket holders turning up through the good and bad is a way of life, but for those who aren't they may need something a bit more to entice them along. 3pm kick offs start at 1am for me over here. When my alarm went off at 12:50 in the early hours of Sunday morning I turned it off, went back to sleep and checked the match thread first thing in the morning to see how we got on. There will be some walk up fans who make the same will I/won't I decision.

Assuming we finish third we'll look back on this season as successful and look forward to European football in the summer. We've shown glimpses that we still know how to attack, such as Dundee at home before King got injured.

Robbie's still a young head coach and he had things to learn and we'll make mistakes. Individual mistakes have cost us quite badly so far, including those by Robbie. I hope he does continue to learn and as a team we kick on in the second half of the season - both Robbie and the players have the potential to do better and I'm sure there aware of that too.

An interesting thread and nice to see that despite differing opinions it's stayed pretty civil.

Sitting third in the league is a fantastic achievement and it'll be great to have European games again next season - assuming we maintain our current position.

However, there's no denying that our general play has taken a massive downturn. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread there was a lot of talk at the start of the season about how many penalties we were winning. This, for me, is a great indicator of the way or play has changed. We've gone from fast, attacking football to insecure hoofball.

There are some obvious reasons for that, not least the injuries we've had. King, Walker and to a lesser extent Buaben, Pallardo, Ozturk and El Hassnaoui have all affected our ability to play the brand of attacking football we did last season and the start of this season. We were also shipping goals for fun at the start of the season and all of us on here agreed or defending needed addressing. Now, whether our tighter defence has just come about because Augustyn and Rossi have had time to build a partnership or the whole team has been instructed to play differently, only the players themselves will know.

On the face of things we've picked up points in difficult places (Celtic and St J) and were a moment of madness away from a point at Aberdeen. The performances were very Csaba though. We've been spoilt by the attacking football we played last season and at the start of this, and when you see almost the same group of players playing this boringly now it's understandable that some fans start asking questions.

For us season ticket holders turning up through the good and bad is a way of life, but for those who aren't they may need something a bit more to entice them along. 3pm kick offs start at 1am for me over here. When my alarm went off at 12:50 in the early hours of Sunday morning I turned it off, went back to sleep and checked the match thread first thing in the morning to see how we got on. There will be some walk up fans who make the same will I/won't I decision.

Assuming we finish third we'll look back on this season as successful and look forward to European football in the summer. We've shown glimpses that we still know how to attack, such as Dundee at home before King got injured.

Robbie's still a young head coach and he had things to learn and we'll make mistakes. Individual mistakes have cost us quite badly so far, including those by Robbie. I hope he does continue to learn and as a team we kick on in the second half of the season - both Robbie and the players have the potential to do better and I'm sure there aware of that too.

Excellent post.

jack D and coke

I'm sure most of us are behind the team and management but how much time do we need? How much time does a team like Hearts get to build a team? Anybody be it manager or player who does well for us won't be here more than 2-3 years maximum or they have absolutely zero ambition to make anything of themselves in the game.

It's not like we can look at a few years down the line because it'll be largely a completely different team probably with a different manager.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I'm sure most of us are behind the team and management but how much time do we need? How much time does a team like Hearts get to build a team? Anybody be it manager or player who does well for us won't be here more than 2-3 years maximum or they have absolutely zero ambition to make anything of themselves in the game.

It's not like we can look at a few years down the line because it'll be largely a completely different team probably with a different manager.

Robbie needs this season to acclimatise to the SPL. I think it'll be fair to judge him more strictly or harshly from the start of next season.

At some point we're going to have to play better - and if Neilson's got anything about him (which I think he has) then he'll know that negative football will lose the support and ultimately cost him his job.

Something tells me the second half of this season could be a bit of a drag. We'll finish third (nailed on) but we won't be any higher than that and it will probably be a bit frustrating in periods like the spell we're in at the moment. But I do like the fact that as a club, we're trying to move forward in sensible stages.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Anyone else becoming concerned over the standard our play has dropped to as we get further and f

urther into the season?

We started back in the summer with all guns blazing and with our dodgy defence we had to our score other teams to get the victories. If nothing else it was exciting, and you always felt we were likely to score. We got a bit of luck with Ozturk?s injury which allowed Augustyn and Rossi to play together and our defence stiffened up substantially and is still really good. Unfortunately the manager seems to have gone to town on this defensive stuff and we have now become one of the most boring, dull and physical teams in the league. Where are the goals coming from? What?s with all this hoofball sh~t every week!

Nope, not at all were in a justified position 3rd, I am seeing improvement in defence and things are looking good to finish the season strong, with a couple of January signings we will have a chance of Europe and silver

More helmets on here than a ******* Viking longboat.

Think about what you are saying tho.  You are calling people "helmets" because basically they see things differently to you.  It is not a crime to be negative and as much as you hate negativity on here I feel the same about the hopeless optimism.  Some people see the glass as half full (only lost 1 in 10 when the other 9 have been draws etc) and I see it as half empty (only won 4 in 13 game). I am as entitled to an opinion on this forum as you whether you like that fact or indeed like me, I could not care either way.

I have many people on here who I dislike (I have no beef with you however) but I don't dislike them for their opinions I dislike them as they antagonise me.  I don?t agree with many opinions on here but I respect their right to have it.  I am incredulous at times about the sheer ridiculous optimism on here, for example people who think we will beat Celtic on Sunday, of course we will not beat them, why? Well I am pragmatic.  People on here to me are deluded, as in we are playing terrible and our record v Celtic is terrible but people think we are miraculously going to get a result on Sunday.  But it keeps this forum interesting I guess.

As for your bet,  I think it is kind of cheeky to be honest.  I like posting on here and don?t want to go a month not doing so, I especially don?t want to feel like I now have to now as a charity will miss out on ?20 if I don?t,  this to me is emotional blackmail.  A bit like one of those ?like this page if you are against world hunger? pieces of nonsense on Facebook.

Son Of Anarchy

Think about what you are saying tho. You are calling people "helmets" because basically they see things differently to you. It is not a crime to be negative and as much as you hate negativity on here I feel the same about the hopeless optimism. Some people see the glass as half full (only lost 1 in 10 when the other 9 have been draws etc) and I see it as half empty (only won 4 in 13 game). I am as entitled to an opinion on this forum as you whether you like that fact or indeed like me, I could not care either way.

I have many people on here who I dislike (I have no beef with you however) but I don't dislike them for their opinions I dislike them as they antagonise me. I don?t agree with many opinions on here but I respect their right to have it. I am incredulous at times about the sheer ridiculous optimism on here, for example people who think we will beat Celtic on Sunday, of course we will not beat them, why? Well I am pragmatic. People on here to me are deluded, as in we are playing terrible and our record v Celtic is terrible but people think we are miraculously going to get a result on Sunday. But it keeps this forum interesting I guess.

As for your bet, I think it is kind of cheeky to be honest. I like posting on here and don?t want to go a month not doing so, I especially don?t want to feel like I now have to now as a charity will miss out on ?20 if I don?t, this to me is emotional blackmail. A bit like one of those ?like this page if you are against world hunger? pieces of nonsense on Facebook.

Why do you think "hopeless optimism"? Genuine question from an optimist.

Why do you think "hopeless optimism"? Genuine question from an optimist.

To me, my opinion is that it is delusion.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Think about what you are saying tho.  You are calling people "helmets" because basically they see things differently to you.  It is not a crime to be negative and as much as you hate negativity on here I feel the same about the hopeless optimism.  Some people see the glass as half full (only lost 1 in 10 when the other 9 have been draws etc) and I see it as half empty (only won 4 in 13 game). I am as entitled to an opinion on this forum as you whether you like that fact or indeed like me, I could not care either way.

I have many people on here who I dislike (I have no beef with you however) but I don't dislike them for their opinions I dislike them as they antagonise me.  I don?t agree with many opinions on here but I respect their right to have it.  I am incredulous at times about the sheer ridiculous optimism on here, for example people who think we will beat Celtic on Sunday, of course we will not beat them, why? Well I am pragmatic.  People on here to me are deluded, as in we are playing terrible and our record v Celtic is terrible but people think we are miraculously going to get a result on Sunday.  But it keeps this forum interesting I guess.

As for your bet,  I think it is kind of cheeky to be honest.  I like posting on here and don?t want to go a month not doing so, I especially don?t want to feel like I now have to now as a charity will miss out on ?20 if I don?t,  this to me is emotional blackmail.  A bit like one of those ?like this page if you are against world hunger? pieces of nonsense on Facebook.

Come on big man, don't be soft. You said we wouldn't win another five games this season which, to be honest, was an absolutely ludicrous claim. If you don't want to stake any cash on it then fair enough - and I don't think you actually believe that.

We'll lose to Celtic. We're also going to lose to Aberdeen in the cup unfortunately. We're in a bit of a rut at the moment but it happens and people are panicking as if we're second from bottom. We're going to finish third and looking back I think we were always going to finish third this season. That'll do for me.

Archived