Warning signs from Hearts.

JamboJohn1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we were all hoping we could take our form of last year into the SPL

5 games in with 15 points it looked like we were going to.

13 games later and we have only picked up another 16 and some of the performances have been really poor.

I can get the 'reality check' view of some posters but what annoys me is the loss of the feel good factor.

You can't buy that and I feel through indiscipline, Neilsons tactics, Collum and injuries we have handed this away far too easily.

I hear you but we lost 3 bad ones and got lucky at Kilmarnock. We could easily have less points. The team just isn't as good as we all hoped it was but it will get better.

If anything now is the time they need us

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think anyone moaning about sitting 3rd, or even if we were 4th in the league in our first season back would be an absolute fool.  Overall, the club has done tremendously well to get where we find ourselves.

I think given how we started the season though, and then add recent performances, some of us can't help but be a bit disappointed.  Playing players out of position and missing out the midfield with long balls are going to annoy most fans.  It would just be refreshing to see us have a go with a 4-4-2, or whatever formation you want, but have an attacking style of play with guys in their preferred roles. 

I'm sure we'd all agree that we have at least the 3rd best squad / starting XI in the league, so why play the part of the underdog by going in negative and continue to churn out draws.

Jambof3tornado

5 games in with 15 points it looked like we were going to.

13 games later and we have only picked up another 16 and some of the performances have been really poor.

I can get the 'reality check' view of some posters but what annoys me is the loss of the feel good factor.

You can't buy that and I feel through indiscipline, Neilsons tactics, Collum and injuries we have handed this away far too easily.

Sing when we're winning, we only sing when we're winning!!

Its true though.

5 games in with 15 points it looked like we were going to.

13 games later and we have only picked up another 16 and some of the performances have been really poor.

You can't buy that and I feel through indiscipline, Neilsons tactics, Collum and injuries we have handed this away far too easily.

There were posters on here desperate to get rid of the "feel good factor" when we were five games in and top of the league though. Genuinely, there were guys coming on here complaining and spunking out such pearls of wisdom as 'The management team aren't perfect you know', or 'Im a realist, we were just lucky', or how about 'This negative play has Levein written all over it'? Some folk couldn't even wait for our first defeat before they screamed out for the attention that they thrive of. now that we are actually struggling a wee bit they are basking in the glory of being the first to predict we would lose a game. We have some colossal arseholes in our support, I mean genuinely embarrassing and stupid people. 

We are brutal to watch right now. getting increasingly fed up of neilsons comments after games now. Not positive enough and it shows on the park. We need sorted out. We have missed Walker a hell of a lot though. Sow will be away so we defo need strikers as Delgado is a liability, yet still getting backed up by the management.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

So you enjoy yourself if we play great or shite, how fantastic for you.

Correct, you should try it !

It feels good being at peace with the world and being grown up enough to know that when I walk out after the game there was nothing I said or did that had an impact on the game anyway, if on the odd occasion in god knows how many years I'm not being entertained then I leave, I possibly don't go to every game expecting to win 5-0 playing football like Barcelona though, I enjoy it for what it is. Try it !!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

There were posters on here desperate to get rid of the "feel good factor" when we were five games in and top of the league though. Genuinely, there were guys coming on here complaining and spunking out such pearls of wisdom as 'The management team aren't perfect you know', or 'Im a realist, we were just lucky', or how about 'This negative play has Levein written all over it'? Some folk couldn't even wait for our first defeat before they screamed out for the attention that they thrive of. now that we are actually struggling a wee bit they are basking in the glory of being the first to predict we would lose a game. We have some colossal arseholes in our support, I mean genuinely embarrassing and stupid people.

Threads needed soon to separate the doom and gloom pant wetting type from the heed in the sand sunshine contingent :lol:

3rd in the Premiership at Christmas and our defence has tightened right up. Happy with that

Me too. 12 months ago I would happily take our current postiion in the league. Mind we are playing Premiership opposiiton and not Championship so we dont have a much time on the ball to be creative.

Generic Username

You aren't allowed to mention us being third in the league in our first season after being promoted or that we were days away from oblivion two years ago because looking at things objectively and being reasoned and sensible in your views isn't the done thing. You need to be in a state of near hysteria every time the topic of Hearts is mentioned and completely lose your mind when we don't win to the point you can barely bring yourself to leave the house otherwise, you're a fantasist/apologist.

Threads needed soon to separate the doom and gloom pant wetting type from the heed in the sand sunshine contingent :lol:

I'm happy for people to call me Sandy Sunshine if they like. The mere thought of sitting in a real room or building with some of the attention seeking zoomers on here would have me reaching for the Prozac long before us winning a tight game with a good defensive display. There are two or three on here who I don't even think I'd even be able to hide my contempt for if I ever shared a table with them in some public establishment.

I am anything but hysterical whilst those criticising basically a means to an end head for coronary

You are when you post "sack budge" nonsense in response to a post that wasn't even going OTT.

Maroon Sailor

Correct, you should try it !

It feels good being at peace with the world and being grown up enough to know that when I walk out after the game there was nothing I said or did that had an impact on the game anyway, if on the odd occasion in god knows how many years I'm not being entertained then I leave, I possibly don't go to every game expecting to win 5-0 playing football like Barcelona though, I enjoy it for what it is. Try it !!

Fans turn up expecting their team to at least try and win a game.

Don't think that is too much to ask. We are not playing Barcelona

Not expecting much from the Celtic game, but I do believe we will go on a wee run after that and pick up plenty points in the early months of the new year. We'll come good, a bit of patience is required.

It's an interesting thread this one.

I think everyone agrees that our style of play at the moment isn't the greatest and can be pretty brutal to watch at times.

Personally after last season, I think Robbie deserves the time to try and improve the team with another couple of transfer window's. 

The turnover of players at Hearts in the last two seasons is huge and trying to make so many changes is never going to be easy so to be in third place in the league isn't that bad in my opinion.

Anyone else becoming concerned over the standard our play has dropped to as we get further and further into the season?

We started back in the summer with all guns blazing and  with our dodgy defence we had to our score other teams to get the victories. If nothing else it was exciting, and you always felt we were likely to score. We got a bit of luck with Ozturk?s injury which allowed Augustyn and Rossi to play together and our defence stiffened up substantially and is still really good. Unfortunately the manager seems to have gone to town on this defensive stuff and we have now become one of the most boring, dull and physical teams in the league. Where are the goals coming from? What?s with all this hoofball sh~t every week!

Walker has been a big miss but I also suspect the goals and especially the assists from Billy King are overlooked as well. Why does he not get a start or on earlier now as a sub. Djoum is a good, strong and physical player but he doesn?t exactly set the heather on fire. Pallardo, although still a quality player, is frequently caught out for pace in this league and is now looking distinctly ordinary. Quite frankly it is not good enough, no matter what our league position says. Neilson is following our Director of football?s style when he was here and it is dull. Jaunma seems to be losing interest and Sow may not be here for long. Even worse, if we don?t substantially pick up against Celtic and especially Aberdeen in the cup, everything important this season will be gone and it won?t be long before we stop seeing the ?sold out? signs up every week.

Get a grip Neilson. Stop working the players to death, stop the hoofball and start embracing attacking football again.

Funnily enough our DoF's style of football led to quite a lot of great European mights such as Braga and Bordeaux !!!!!!!  and, of course, quite a few third place finishes in a League with both of the Weegie 'giants' present. A wee bit of patience required I think.

Cast No Shadow

We have become a total gang. Only the jammy wearers who can't fathom criticism of the club fail to accept this.

Neilson and Levein continually told us early this season that we would get "even better". We have got worse. Much worse.

A_A wehatethehibs

The league table is a fair reflection of the quality of our team. We are the third best team in the country. Playing Barcelona style football requires great intensity, and some of our players clearly can't maintain that so we've had to adapt and dig out some draws recently. Not ideal but at least we are tough to beat and making sure no opponent looks forward to playing us, as they will have have a hard time nicking 3 points off us. Celtic will not get an easy game at tynecastle.

A long way to go till we get closer to Aberdeen and Celtic who both have considerably better players than us, especially in the attacking areas, but we will get there because in Robbie we trust. Rome wasn't built in a day.

At the weekend, we kept a clean sheet at the 4th place team to consolidate our position in 3rd. There will be good and bad days before the end of the season, but I think the main thing which is becoming clear is that guys like gomis and pallardo are decent but not quite good enough to get us up close to the top 2.

Conclusion from the first half of season 2015/16, this Hearts team is still well and truly a work in progress, with decent stregnth in depth and a blend of youth and experience.

What a massive improvement over our last 2 premier league seasons.

'Jammy wearer' hasn't become acceptable patter on here has it?

As with every single thing he has ever posted it is all stolen patter from others.

alwaysthereinspirit

Fans turn up expecting their team to at least try and win a game.

Don't think that is too much to ask. We are not playing Barcelona

The teams playing us aren't playing Barcelona either.

Cast No Shadow

As with every single thing he has ever posted it is all stolen patter from others.

Do you follow me about the internet or something?

Kinda creepy behaviour. :unsure:

Hearts v Celtic Sun 27 Dec 14:00
Hearts v Dundee Utd Wed 30 Dec 19:45
Kilmarnock v Hearts Sat 2 Jan 15:00
Hearts v Motherwell Sat 16 Jan 15:00
Hamilton v Hearts Sun 24 Jan 12:45
Inverness CT v Hearts Sat 30 Jan 12:30
Hearts v Partick Thistle Sat 13 Feb 15:00
Dundee Utd v Hearts Sat 20 Feb 15:00
Hearts v Kilmarnock Sat 27 Feb 15:00
Dundee v Hearts Sat 12 Mar 15:00
Hearts v St Johnstone Sat 19 Mar 15:00
Celtic v Hearts Sat 2 Apr 15:00
Hearts v Aberdeen Sat 9 Apr 15:00

Hearts v Inverness
Ross County v Hearts

7 of the games above are winnable, add to that any 2 from the split. Kidding yourself if you think we can't achieve that with this squad

Sorry but EVERY game is winnable. Thinking anything else is totally negative shite. That's exactly the mentality that has us hiding in a shell in most matches, playing not to get beat instead of actually playing to win and playing the football we are capable of.

Do you follow me about the internet or something?

Kinda creepy behaviour. :unsure:

Swing and a miss champ.

Without changing things I can't see anything more than a few wins, mainly draws and some defeats. Without doubt we can win them tho yes. I however don't think we will.

Did you ever get that 'I love the Thumb' T shirt?

It's not beyond Hearts to recapture form if the manager actually learns from mistakes and we see a visual difference.

The only thing about managers is when they are criticised they can dig their heels in and be stubborn.

I'd rather listen to people, take heed and make the relevant changes. You might become a hero and in 20 years time no one will remember it being because the supporters called for change.

It's your name as manager that goes in the history books.

Sorry but EVERY game is winnable. Thinking anything else is totally negative shite. That's exactly the mentality that has us hiding in a shell in most matches, playing not to get beat instead of actually playing to win and playing the football we are capable of.

My post wasn't suggesting that is the only winnable games?? It was questioned whether I believe we are capable of winning 50% of our remaining games. I highlighted, from a worst case scenario that wins in these games ought to be enough to see us finish 3rd based on previous seasons.

As I see it our problem is Neilson's Ambition,last season it was to win outright the championship and side competitions were abandoned to focus on that aim.This season his ambition has been downgraded to supposedly finishing third(I guess more like sixth) Motivation and Application have been dumped in favour of importing Fear into our game.

Did you ever get that 'I love the Thumb' T shirt?

Honestly no.  I welched out. Apologies to those I bet with (can't remember who)

My post wasn't suggesting that is the only winnable games?? It was questioned whether I believe we are capable of winning 50% of our remaining games. I highlighted, from a worst case scenario that wins in these games ought to be enough to see us finish 3rd based on previous seasons.

You didn't state worst case scenario. You can never predict games obviously so all you can do is take a guess at what you think we will win. So you clearly think we are incapable of winning games like Hamilton away and Dundee Utd. Cast adrift at the bottom of the league and this years whipping boys, we can't beat them at Tannadice.

Like is say EVERY game is always winnable, and that is how we should approach every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maroonnicky63

Anyone else becoming concerned over the standard our play has dropped to as we get further and further into the season?

We started back in the summer with all guns blazing and  with our dodgy defence we had to our score other teams to get the victories. If nothing else it was exciting, and you always felt we were likely to score. We got a bit of luck with Ozturk?s injury which allowed Augustyn and Rossi to play together and our defence stiffened up substantially and is still really good. Unfortunately the manager seems to have gone to town on this defensive stuff and we have now become one of the most boring, dull and physical teams in the league. Where are the goals coming from? What?s with all this hoofball sh~t every week!

Walker has been a big miss but I also suspect the goals and especially the assists from Billy King are overlooked as well. Why does he not get a start or on earlier now as a sub. Djoum is a good, strong and physical player but he doesn?t exactly set the heather on fire. Pallardo, although still a quality player, is frequently caught out for pace in this league and is now looking distinctly ordinary. Quite frankly it is not good enough, no matter what our league position says. Neilson is following our Director of football?s style when he was here and it is dull. Jaunma seems to be losing interest and Sow may not be here for long. Even worse, if we don?t substantially pick up against Celtic and especially Aberdeen in the cup, everything important this season will be gone and it won?t be long before we stop seeing the ?sold out? signs up every week.

Get a grip Neilson. Stop working the players to death, stop the hoofball and start embracing attacking football again.

here we go

Who's to say we won't recapture a bit of form and rythym and go on a decent run.  Everyone is entitled to their view and to be disappointed with our recent performances but we have to stay positive.  We have good players and good coaches and I am nowhere near giving up on them.

alwaysthereinspirit

And they go out to try and beat us

We've lost one game in 10. Are we supposed to be mad because we dont win every game or because we dont entertain?

I doubt we go out to not try and win. Maybe we're just not as good as we as fans would like to think.

Who's to say we won't recapture a bit of form and rythym and go on a decent run. 

Cast no shadow. 

Given that we are 3rd, and have beaten most teams, there seems to be some really strange opinions on here. Is there a completely different history of HMFC that I have forgotten? I don't remember us having a season where we haven;t had dips in form. 3rd was always the, admittedly shite, target when we had an established team and expereinced manager!

It's worth commenting that currently the team doesn't look high on confidence, For example the goal Hibs scored at the weekend, I don't think we would have scored from that situation if it had happened v st j. Teams and players go through good and bad form, 90% to do with confidence.

Despite the worth of that comment, it is essential to the debate to keep in mind that we are below only Abdn and Celtic, in the circumstances a great achievement.

Imo all is not well with our squad at the moment. It doesn't feel like the same cohesive unit we had last year.

I got the sense last year ozturk, gomis, Prince and probably Wilson were the main men and the youngsters enthusiasm was driven by them.

Perhaps the new guys have unsettled the cohesion a bit. Gomis in and out of the team, ozturk sidelined and a few of the characters like Keatings,Eckersley mchattie etc out the club.

Things just seem a little fractured and the same will to win and fight for each other just appears to be missing.

Maroon Sailor

We've lost one game in 10. Are we supposed to be mad because we dont win every game or because we dont entertain?

I doubt we go out to not try and win. Maybe we're just not as good as we as fans would like to think.

I think we are better than what we are showing just now

You get away with boring football if you grind out wins.

Having said that there is no need for Hearts to be boring.

No doubt about it, the warning signs are there. A lot of frustrated supporters at the moment, opinion seems split on how we are gauging our current form and position. I do think the feel good factor has gone now, if the team consistently performs poorly then it is inevitable it will effect the mood amongst the fans.

Whilst it is great we are being run properly now, what happens on the park is where it matters most to us.

We all want to see a new stand built, with an increased capacity, but how are we going to attract new supporters if we continue playing dull and boring football?

No doubt about it, the warning signs are there. A lot of frustrated supporters at the moment, opinion seems split on how we are gauging our current form and position. I do think the feel good factor has gone now, if the team consistently performs poorly then it is inevitable it will effect the mood amongst the fans.

Whilst it is great we are being run properly now, what happens on the park is where it matters most to us.

We all want to see a new stand built, with an increased capacity, but how are we going to attract new supporters if we continue playing dull and boring football?

The feel good factor has gone? Third in the league after nearly going out of business and then walking the championship. Museum, memorial garden and new stand on the way. Eight and a half thousand FoH pledgers. 12.5k season tickets. Staying at Tynecastle. If the feel good factor has gone after a short run of mediocre results for some then I'm genuinely concerned for their ability to handle life in general.

January next month!!!! Striker in plus maybe one other. Walker back and others coming onto a game we should hold our own at the very least. 

We've had a lot of injuries, too many suspensions and we're not playing particularly fluently atm.

We've also lost once in ten games, to a good Aberdeen team, thanks to a ridiculous penalty we gave away. We've got the majority of our remaining games at home and 3 of the bottom 4 to play before the half way point of the season.

I think the balance is off with the midfield and strikers, and we don't have all the options we'd like available to change that.

Come the end of the season I'd expect us to be more coherent and in the top 4. If we aren't then I'd ask questions

You didn't state worst case scenario. You can never predict games obviously so all you can do is take a guess at what you think we will win. So you clearly think we are incapable of winning games like Hamilton away and Dundee Utd. Cast adrift at the bottom of the league and this years whipping boys, we can't beat them at Tannadice.

Like is say EVERY game is always winnable, and that is how we should approach every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

It was questioned whether we have the ability to win 50% of our remaining games. I highlighted, what in my opinion, was our easiest remaining games to show its more than possible (even if we aren't as good as earlier form we should win them worst case). That in no way suggested we shouldn't be targeting to win them all

The feel good factor has gone? Third in the league after nearly going out of business and then walking the championship. Museum, memorial garden and new stand on the way. Eight and a half thousand FoH pledgers. 12.5k season tickets. Staying at Tynecastle. If the feel good factor has gone after a short run of mediocre results for some then I'm genuinely concerned for their ability to handle life in general.

All about opinions.

Keep playing like we are though and there is more chance of attendances lowering rather than increasing.

All about opinions.

Keep playing like we are though and there is more chance of attendances lowering rather than increasing.

None of what I posted was opinion, it is all fact. Yes if we have a terrible season attendances probably will drop but as we are doing well at this stage of the season it's a pretty moot point.

:lol:

It was questioned whether we have the ability to win 50% of our remaining games. I highlighted, what in my opinion, was our easiest remaining games to show its more than possible (even if we aren't as good as earlier form we should win them worst case). That in no way suggested we shouldn't be targeting to win them all

You highlighted the games you thought are winnable, meaning the games you didn't highlight are not winnable in your opinion. Nothing to do with "Targeting" games to win.

It's not difficult you either think all games are winnable or you don't. You said nothing about thinking those are the games we have best chance in to get 3 points etc etc. If you had I would still question the fact you feel we don't have as good a chance as any other game of winning at Tannadice and Hamilton. 

well, doesn't it prove all the other stuff are sideshows? I'm not saying they aren't important or relevant but fans are only bothered what's happening on the pitch and that's what really matters.

However, I do agree. Some people need to focus a bit. We can all be fickle sometimes and I want 3 points every week so much, I get angry, annoyed , bothered if we don't win but it's all about the long game.

If it turns out to be a poor run of another 6,7 matches then rightfully there should be major concern but we are only a couple of wins from making it look like a decent run of results over quite a lot of games...we are capable and of course every team dips.

It is very important though that we see a good reaction soon to spark another spell of decent results to push on.

I wish we would get back to playing the 4231 formation instead of this 433 with 3 holding players we are playing just now.Its absolute pish play one of either Sow or Juanma and let the likes of King and Nicholson play the wide role if Sow isnt the main striker than play him in behind Juanma but through the middle instead of pushed out wide.

Hopefully Juanmas suspension will see sow getting a game up front and two wingers

well, doesn't it prove all the other stuff are sideshows? I'm not saying they aren't important or relevant but fans are only bothered what's happening on the pitch and that's what really matters.

However, I do agree. Some people need to focus a bit. We can all be fickle sometimes and I want 3 points every week so much, I get angry, annoyed , bothered if we don't win but it's all about the long game.

If it turns out to be a poor run of another 6,7 matches then rightfully there should be major concern but we are only a couple of wins from making it look like a decent run of results over quite a lot of games...we are capable and of course every team dips.

It is very important though that we see a good reaction soon to spark another spell of decent results to push on.

No it doesn't. Most supporters can see these things are far more important than a bad run. If you look at the things I listed it's good overall form, building the infrastructure, securing the long term future and improving our club. Anyone who puts a short run of results before all that is seriously in need of around the clock care.

It is important that we see a reaction to our mediocre recent form soon, but the way the season has gone it would be weird to assume it won't happen.

Archived