• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pennywise

• The_razors_edge

• Morgan

• chester copperpot

I've never seen this in action. Is it just a bunch of guys organising themselves to sell cheap tat around the doors with a "I'm a reformed character trying to live life on the straight and narrow" type story, basically?

I think they have their parole person in tow or putting them up to it.

I also think that it could be an elaborate con where they pretend to be cons :/

• 1 month later...

Good fun tonight. A BBQ on one side with hibs fans wearing hibs flags and the jester type hats.

A party on the other side full on 30+ drunk females cackling and singing at the top of their lungs.

Woman at the back has decided to become old mother Hubbard and has 10 kids running about daft, screaming & shouting.

And, like clockwork, the bucky swigging ex squaddy shouting like **** & playing his chavvy beats for the whole street to hear.

Kill me now.

Edited by madvladsdad

There should be a basically lawless part of the country cordoned off. No police, everything's legal, the only rule you only go if you want to and you can leave whenever you want. Children not allowed.

Incentives for the hopeless cases to go.

Edited by Gorgiewave

Good fun tonight. A BBQ on one side with hibs fans wearing hibs flags and the jester type hats.

A party on the other side full on 30+ drunk females cackling and singing at the top of their lungs.

Woman at the back has decided to become old mother Hubbard and has 10 kids running about daft, screaming & shouting.

And, like clockwork, the bucky swigging ex squaddy shouting like **** & playing his chavvy beats for the whole street to hear.

Kill me now.

No offense but that sounds absolutely horrific :lol: . I'd use absolutely any excuse to get out and to the other city of the city/country if that was the case.

No offense but that sounds absolutely horrific [emoji38] . I'd use absolutely any excuse to get out and to the other city of the city/country if that was the case.

You wouldn't believe the noise. Its like being at a festival!

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

How do you feel about it all though? Do you just find it funny or does it bother you?

I stayed in the red sandstone tenements at Piershill Terrace from 2001 to 2011. Great flats, built in 1892, high ceilings, cornices, thick walls, big rooms. We loved it for nearly 10 years. Then the owners started to let them out.

The last year was torture. Constant parties, never knew what you were coming back to or if you'd be able to sleep.

The neighbours weren't bad, they were just young and just forgot they had people above and below them now and again (too frequently).

I honestly think I'd rather live in a tent than a flat if I had to go back to that!

We've just got to laugh about it now. The hibbys next door are actually decent enough people and the kids are always polite. Although a couple of weeks ago it went on till 2am and we had words, but they did turn it down.

We used to live in flats and I'm ashamed to say I was the noisy neighbour! I fell asleep listening to music after coming home a tad tipsy after a home game. Woke up to the noise inspectors banging on my door and 10 missed calls from the Chinese takeaway I had ordered from 4 hours previous [emoji38]

Thought it would be better moving into a house. Its really just when it spills outside into the gardens or outside the front doors.

The bucky swigging, Rangers supporting ex squaddy now has a job refuelling planes!

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

On topic my neighbour has just flooded my place. Feck knows what they did. First my lights tripped. Now my fridge freezer has fused. Water is dripping through the smoke alarm and it keeps setting off. Now I'm having to wait on housing sending the emergency plumber and a spark to check everything. :seething:

• 3 months later...

Wow. Last night was a new low even for these scum bags. Shouting and screaming out in the street. I get up this morning to go to work, about 7am, glass all over the street. Her front doors wide open, she's lying face down on the couch. Kids asleep upstairs. 

Apparently she's found texts on his phone from other birds. Drunken fight ensued. He's in the cells now. 

7 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Wow. Last night was a new low even for these scum bags. Shouting and screaming out in the street. I get up this morning to go to work, about 7am, glass all over the street. Her front doors wide open, she's lying face down on the couch. Kids asleep upstairs. 

Apparently she's found texts on his phone from other birds. Drunken fight ensued. He's in the cells now. 

Christ, that sounds just bloody awful.

Can you not get away?

Genuinely feel so sorry for you and everyone else that has to tolerate this shit.

Good luck :thumb:

21 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Can you not get away?

Genuinely feel so sorry for you and everyone else that has to tolerate this shit.

I had it out with them last night before they got pished. It started when he parked his car over 2 bays so I couldn't get in. Anyway, they've assured me they are moving out in January. 

That's the bams that are always begging away, now hopefully, the piss head mother of the year next door will be away as well. 

Feel a wee bit sorry for her. My Mrs went round for a chat (nosey bitch) and apparently he's been hitting her. The boys a  bell end like. Real head case.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Can you not get away?

And there in lies the problem , why should decent folk have to move because of unsociable ****wits ? 

10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

And there in lies the problem , why should decent folk have to move because of unsociable ****wits ? 

Yeah, that’s very true. 

4 hours ago, Pennywise said:

I had it out with them last night before they got pished. It started when he parked his car over 2 bays so I couldn't get in. Anyway, they've assured me they are moving out in January. 

That's the bams that are always begging away, now hopefully, the piss head mother of the year next door will be away as well. 

Feel a wee bit sorry for her. My Mrs went round for a chat (nosey bitch) and apparently he's been hitting her. The boys a  bell end like. Real head case.

which january though

Jambo, Goodbye

Having only just discovered this thread, and having now read it from page one; reading about all these visits to the door by kids from a poster called Pennywise (of all things) was JKB gold! Especially as I began to picture the OP as being PW in real life as I imagined the past two years worth of updates in my head :D 

Now all I can imagine is how the OP probably reacts everytime he hears a knock at his door as he sinks into a blackhole of pure madness.

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Having only just discovered this thread, and having now read it from page one; reading about all these visits to the door by kids from a poster called Pennywise (of all things) was JKB gold! Especially as I began to picture the OP as being PW in real life as I imagined the past two years worth of updates in my head :D 

Now all I can imagine is how the OP probably reacts everytime he hears a knock at his door as he sinks into a blackhole of pure madness.

giphy.gif

:lol: Never thought of that. Should have put my costume on, frighten the wee shits away! 

18 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

giphy.gif

:gok:

• 7 months later...
The_razors_edge

Moved in to my current house just over 2 years ago. For a while now there’s been a problem with on street parking.

We’ve arrived with 2 cars and it’s clearly upset the other people on the street. I’m guessing before we moved in everyone had their parking spaces and we’ve come in and upset the apple cart so to speak. 

Anyway, over the last wee while I’ve noticed more and more scratches appearing on one of my cars. The car is vital to my wife’s business as a childminder and I know she looks after it meticulously so it won’t have been her. 

I’m pretty sure one of my neighbours is behind it but can’t prove it. 

One of said neighbours has recently had an application approved for a disabled parking bay outside his house (his elderly mother or mother in law lives with him and his wife). Someone was out from the council this week to spray the yellow paint to mark out the space, but at the moment that’s all it is - a space marked out with spray paint. It is not a disabled parking bay yet. 

So tonight I get a phone call from my wife while I’m still at work telling me this neighbour had aggressively accosted her tonight, roaring at her because one of her clients had parked in the marked out space. My wife is no shrinking violet and politely told him to piss off, however I’m getting pretty hacked off with the consistent pettyness over parking on the street. I’m also getting hacked off with my car getting scratched. 

Anyone else experienced parking issues? Any hints or tips on how to screw my neighbours over that won’t result in a visit from the old bill?

6 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Moved in to my current house just over 2 years ago. For a while now there’s been a problem with on street parking.

We’ve arrived with 2 cars and it’s clearly upset the other people on the street. I’m guessing before we moved in everyone had their parking spaces and we’ve come in and upset the apple cart so to speak. 

Anyway, over the last wee while I’ve noticed more and more scratches appearing on one of my cars. The car is vital to my wife’s business as a childminder and I know she looks after it meticulously so it won’t have been her. 

One of said neighbours has recently had an application approved for a disabled parking bay outside his house (his elderly mother or mother in law lives with him and his wife). Someone was out from the council this week to spray the yellow paint to mark out the space, but at the moment that’s all it is - a space marked out with spray paint. It is not a disabled parking bay yet. 

So tonight I get a phone call from my wife while I’m still at work telling me this neighbour had aggressively accosted her tonight, roaring at her because one of her clients had parked in the marked out space. My wife is no shrinking violet and politely told him to piss off, however I’m getting pretty hacked off with the consistent pettyness over parking on the street. I’m also getting hacked off with my car getting scratched. 

Anyone else experienced parking issues? Any hints or tips on how to screw my neighbours over that won’t result in a visit from the old bill?

Can you not get a driveway put in?

The_razors_edge
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Can you not get a driveway put in?

I could. I’ve applied to buy the piece of land adjacent to my house from the council. Still waiting on them getting back to me with a price. That said, I really shouldn’t have to. I should be able to park my car on the street without fear of it being vandalised or without my family being accosted by arsehole neighbours. They don’t need the disabled bay. The old wifey that lives with them has **** all wrong with her and is rarely even in the car. They’re only doing it so they can park directly outside their house.

12 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I could. I’ve applied to buy the piece of land adjacent to my house from the council. Still waiting on them getting back to me with a price. That said, I really shouldn’t have to. I should be able to park my car on the street without fear of it being vandalised or without my family being accosted by arsehole neighbours. They don’t need the disabled bay. The old wifey that lives with them has **** all wrong with her and is rarely even in the car. They’re only doing it so they can park directly outside their house.

can you set up a camera to record the damage happening?

The_razors_edge
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

can you set up a camera to record the damage happening?

We have tried that but it’s not caught anything. It’s not a great set up to be fair and it only works intermittently. 

42 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

As soon as they scratch your car, you’ve got a case.  Have you phoned the police or, is it not the kind of area to rile the locals even more?  Catch them on camera as Milky suggested and take it from there.  Saying that, it’s easier said than done and, it’s easy for other folk to suggest these measures but far, far harder if you are the person in the situation.  I wish you the best with this problem.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
52 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

A ski mask. 

The_razors_edge
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

As soon as they scratch your car, you’ve got a case.  Have you phoned the police or, is it not the kind of area to rile the locals even more?  Catch them on camera as Milky suggested and take it from there.  Saying that, it’s easier said than done and, it’s easy for other folk to suggest these measures but far, far harder if you are the person in the situation.  I wish you the best with this problem.

Yeah we contacted the police after the first scratch. 

The first scratch came after my sister in law chapped one of the neighbours door and asked him to kindly move his car so that she could park hers on the street (he’d parked like a dick and was taking up 2 spaces tbf) and he told her to get to ****. Wake up the next morning to a big **** off scratch. So we concluded that he was pissed off at being asked to move his car, came home full of the drink and scratched it. 

Contacted the old bill. Their attitude? Get a driveway. 

It’s not a rough area, they’re just a pair of complete bawbags

12 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

The first scratch came after my sister in law chapped one of the neighbours door and asked him to kindly move his car so that she could park hers on the street (he’d parked like a dick and was taking up 2 spaces tbf) and he told her to get to ****. Wake up the next morning to a big **** off scratch. So we concluded that he was pissed off at being asked to move his car, came home full of the drink and scratched it. 

I reiterate, all the best.  Shite situation for yourself and your good lady.

The_razors_edge
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I reiterate, all the best.  Shite situation for yourself and your good lady.

Thanks bud 

4 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

Hull smash! 

It's the only way to deal with these type of people. 

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hulk smash! 

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hull smash! 

?

Some kent used to run their keys down the side of any half decent looking car when I lived in Wardlaw. The cars parked nose-in on the opposite side were never toched. It got to the point where I stopped fixing it and didn't bother getting a new car until I'd moved out.

Off street parking now so problems in the new place, although I've had the noise squad round a couple of times to my 24 hour techno soirees when I get back from a stint offshore.

heartsfc_fan
23 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

Sorry to hear this mate. I used to live in a street in Bonnyrigg that was a 60/70s build estate, clearly designed so back then households had one car if they were lucky. Nowadays households have 2 perhaps even 3 cars if they have kids and a self employed business. No issue where I live now as we all have driveways.

Don't suppose you are in an area like Bonnyrigg or Newtongrange with the old miners cottages and very limited on-street parking?

I'd raise this with your local MP. They might be able to help further.

I have in the past found that smearing dog shit on the driver's door handle has alleviated certain parking disputes.

Failing that Novochok or key their car if you are sure it is them.

Entering the license number into DVLA will flag up any Mot or Road Tax avoidance and could be handy to know.

The_razors_edge

Quick update...

The wife and I witnessed the two bawbags having a chinwag our on the street at around tea time last night as one of them was heading out to the pub. Lots of pointing and gesticulating in the general direction of our house and cars throughout.

Our gut instincts were that shit was going to go down last night so we set up the CCTV. Oh and how right we were!

back of 11 last night the bawbag we think has been scratching our car stoated home from the pub steaming and proceeded to scratch our car again. This time though we caught him in the act.

Got the old bill out and the prick spent a night in the cells.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Quick update...

The wife and I witnessed the two bawbags having a chinwag our on the street at around tea time last night as one of them was heading out to the pub. Lots of pointing and gesticulating in the general direction of our house and cars throughout.

Our gut instincts were that shit was going to go down last night so we set up the CCTV. Oh and how right we were!

back of 11 last night the bawbag we think has been scratching our car stoated home from the pub steaming and proceeded to scratch our car again. This time though we caught him in the act.

Well done.

AlphonseCapone
53 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Quick update...

Nice to see some justice! 

Jambof3tornado

Pity he'll get a slap on the wrist and small fine at best.

Will it put him off doing it again??

Scumbags.

The_razors_edge
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Scumbags.

I know that’s the frustrating thing. 

Probably not, although I’m hoping now he knows we’ve got CCTV he’ll quit it. 

And yes he’s a total scumbag, absolute pondlife. 

2 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

Quick update...

:yas:

:sweeet:

38 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I know that’s the frustrating thing. 

Probably not, although I’m hoping now he knows we’ve got CCTV he’ll quit it. 

And yes he’s a total scumbag, absolute pondlife. 

If he does do it again he can be charged with harassment.

Also I'd contact your insurance company as if he also drives and has been charged with damaging your car on purpose they may be able to make a claim.

Cannot stand folk who do this .

If you have a problem with people face them up.

Imo buddy he must be a shitebag.

Also if he is a council tennant let them know as he will be warned as it's a breach of his tenancy.

Now that he's been charged there are good things you can use to fek him right up.

Cannot stand bad neighbours .

The_razors_edge
2 minutes ago, jake said:

If he does do it again he can be charged with harassment.

Also I'd contact your insurance company as if he also drives and has been charged with damaging your car on purpose they may be able to make a claim.

Cannot stand folk who do this .

If you have a problem with people face them up.

Imo buddy he must be a shitebag.

Also if he is a council tennant let them know as he will be warned as it's a breach of his tenancy.

Now that he's been charged there are good things you can use to fek him right up.

Cannot stand bad neighbours .

If he does we’ll catch him again and have him dealt with again through the correct channels, but yeah i’ll be asking the old bill about harassment etc

I’ll do a bit of research in to the insurance. 

Yeah he’s a total shitebag. He’s never, ever conversed with either myself or my wife. He tries to intimidate us by glaring in our property and he’s roared over at us when he’s been pished, but that’s it. 

Unfortunately he’s a homeowner.

theres a few things we can do. We think he’s a serial drink driver and have reported him a few times, but the old bill told us this morning to report him every time he gets behind the wheel. So that’s what we’re going to start doing.

28 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

If he does we’ll catch him again and have him dealt with again through the correct channels, but yeah i’ll be asking the old bill about harassment etc

I’ll do a bit of research in to the insurance. 

Yeah he’s a total shitebag. He’s never, ever conversed with either myself or my wife. He tries to intimidate us by glaring in our property and he’s roared over at us when he’s been pished, but that’s it. 

Unfortunately he’s a homeowner.

theres a few things we can do. We think he’s a serial drink driver and have reported him a few times, but the old bill told us this morning to report him every time he gets behind the wheel. So that’s what we’re going to start doing.

Mate I'm not into "grassing" but when cowardly shitebags annoy you at home the gloves are off.

Good luck buddy but sounds like you won't need it.

Even a homeowner is governed by anti social laws I think.

And it's quality he has now been charged.

The_razors_edge
7 minutes ago, jake said:

Mate I'm not into "grassing" but when cowardly shitebags annoy you at home the gloves are off.

Good luck buddy but sounds like you won't need it.

Even a homeowner is governed by anti social laws I think.

And it's quality he has now been charged.

Likewise i’d rather not have to involve the OB. I’d rather have gone out and leathered him. However I’m not willing to get myself in to trouble for scum bags like him, he simply isn’t worth it.

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Scumbags.

Nope, it'll now get worse. The only solution is to punch his ***** in.