• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pennywise

• The_razors_edge

• Morgan

• chester copperpot

Funny stories madvlad but pretty sad when you actually realise there's an innocent wee boy there who's not been given a chance in life yet.

Totally agree. They are nice enough wee laddies. When they come asking to borrow DVDs I let them have a couple (that's 3 of 4 times a week) or when we're having a BBQ and they ask for a burger (I gave him one, he went home quite happy, within seconds the older one was out asking!)

It worries me that the dad is more than happy to bring his kids up thinking it's ok to rely on other people or the state to provide food and shelter for you. She's not long pumped out another baby and I'm sure it won't be the last. That's 3 kids so far in a household where no one works or intends to work and relies on handouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carl Weathers

I just moved into a new flat which I love - the only problem is that I can hear someone snoring downstairs. It's really bad! I'm actually listening out for each snore now as well.

I have another room I could move my bed into but I don't really see why I should do that.

Short of murdering a neighbour I've never even met what can I do? I don't really want to rock the boat but can see this driving me mad!

I just moved into a new flat which I love - the only problem is that I can hear someone snoring downstairs. It's really bad! I'm actually listening out for each snore now as well.

I have another room I could move my bed into but I don't really see why I should do that.

Short of murdering a neighbour I've never even met what can I do? I don't really want to rock the boat but can see this driving me mad!

At the risk of sounding daft, is it definitely snoring.  The air vents on my double glazing were loose for a while and I was convinced it was my neighbour snoring when it wasn't.

Earplugs.

https://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/shop/snore_calm_foam_ear_plugs_special_offer_30_pairs.php

Next step after begging is stealing

Get an alarm

Seriously wouldn't put it past them. I've clocked the lad stealing crisps out the local shop.

Mr Brightside

Try a white noise app on your phone. I use one called sleep pillow and it drowns out any low level background noise.

sunblestjambo

I've been in the door 20 mins and the kids at the door asking for a black bag.

This is possibly the funniest and saddest thing I think I've read on a forum (and I've read the hibs cup final thread on hibs.net)

Makes so glad of where I live, only noise we ever get is if there is a big shindig at the Sikh temple across the road, even then there's only a racket when they arrive/leave the temple in an array of top end motors, Ferrari's and Lambo's are bloody load motors!

Our neighbour on one side is a an old woman who has been granted supervision of her daughter's 3 kids by a family court.

The daughter is a crystal meth addict and an absolute scumbag. The state of this chick has to be seen to be believed.

The old woman has been in hospital for a while now so the meth addict and her even scummier meth addict boyfriend seem to be staying in the house looking after the kids.

I can constantly hear the scumbags yelling at the kids and the kids shouting "**** off" back at them. They sit in the back garden drinking goon bags all day.

The week before they were giving the kids lifts up and down our street on the roof of their shitty car.

Jimmy_McNulty

Our neighbour on one side is a an old woman who has been granted supervision of her daughter's 3 kids by a family court.

The daughter is a crystal meth addict and an absolute scumbag. The state of this chick has to be seen to be believed.

The old woman has been in hospital for a while now so the meth addict and her even scummier meth addict boyfriend seem to be staying in the house looking after the kids.

I can constantly hear the scumbags yelling at the kids and the kids shouting "**** off" back at them. They sit in the back garden drinking goon bags all day.

The week before they were giving the kids lifts up and down our street on the roof of their shitty car.

Aye, Detroit's a rough town....

:)

Aye, Detroit's a rough town....

:)

It sure is Jim. A shit hole.

I live in Fremantle, WA though.

Meth has hit Australia like a tidal wave over the last few years. If you think our smack junkies are bad news, you should see the state of crystal meth junkies. Picture the walking dead with whiney accents and aggressive.

It sure is Jim. A shit hole.

I live in Fremantle, WA though.

Meth has hit Australia like a tidal wave over the last few years. If you think our smack junkies are bad news, you should see the state of crystal meth junkies. Picture the walking dead with whiney accents and aggressive.

The meth situation in Australia is insane. Just seems like even though the news is constantly full of the horror stories more and more folk are like, "think I'll give that a go."

Total epidemic.

The meth situation in Australia is insane. Just seems like even though the news is constantly full of the horror stories more and more folk are like, "think I'll give that a go."

Total epidemic.

You're spot on.

I also work in the biggest a+e in Western Australia. Some of the characters I meet make Glasgow seem like Disneyland.

Jesus. And I'm moaning about a wee laddie asking for a black bag :lol:

One of the worst ones was when 2 dads got the laddies to fight in the street. One of the laddies ended up crying and the 2 dads went for each other, which ended in one of them running away. All right outside my front door.

chester copperpot

Jesus. And I'm moaning about a wee laddie asking for a black bag :lol:

One of the worst ones was when 2 dads got the laddies to fight in the street. One of the laddies ended up crying and the 2 dads went for each other, which ended in one of them running away. All right outside my front door.

That's like something out of my big fat gypsy wedding.

Australia sounds mental with the meth problems.

Have watched a couple of programmes on the devastating effect on families of this stuff and hope to **** it doesn't hit the UK as we are a nation that's fond of its drugs!

Off topic but I watched a Louie Theroux documentary called A City Addicted to Meth or something along those lines. Worth a watch.

Riddley Walker

That's like something out of my big fat gypsy wedding.

Australia sounds mental with the meth problems.

Have watched a couple of programmes on the devastating effect on families of this stuff and hope to **** it doesn't hit the UK as we are a nation that's fond of its drugs!

Thank **** it hasn't taken off here yet. Probably will at some point though. Someone will see the gap in the market and flood London to get it started and it will take off from there. We'll be begging for the smackheads back when it does.

chester copperpot

Thank **** it hasn't taken off here yet. Probably will at some point though. Someone will see the gap in the market and flood London to get it started and it will take off from there. We'll be begging for the smackheads back when it does.

Totally shocked it hasn't tbh as I believe it's relatively easy to make and doesn't need to come in via another country and can be made here.

Edited by chester copperpot

The heroin gangs kept crack out of Scotland so I'd imagine they'll do the same with meth. Unless they start making it themselves that is. It's the 1% bikey gangs over here that produce and traffic the stuff. There's so much wide open space and isolated areas over here that it must be hard as hell for the cops to regulate.

highlandjambo3

What is it with neighbours......................

I live in a very popular residentual part of Inverness, 4 bedroom house.........2 cars in the garage, no dogs humping in the street or burnt out ford cortinas etc..........new neighbours arrived about 2 months ago so, being the kind people my wife and I are, we popped a bottle of wine, flowers and a card at their door...............that was 2 months ago.............not a peep back, no thanks, not even a head gesture from their window when they see us   WTF is that all about??  :baby:

Mind you...........reading the posts in here, it could be a LOT worse

highlandjambo3

I live in a very popular residentual part of Inverness, 4 bedroom house.........2 cars in the garage, no dogs humping in the street or burnt out ford cortinas etc..........new neighbours arrived about 2 months ago so, being the kind people my wife and I are, we popped a bottle of wine, flowers and a card at their door...............that was 2 months ago.............not a peep back, no thanks, not even a head gesture from their window when they see us   WTF is that all about??  :baby:

see if you can spot the spelling miskakes there............thought the spelkecker would kick in :thumbsdown:

Perhaps they moved house due to previously having overly-friendly neighbours who annoyed the hell out of them and wouldn't give them peace, and they didn't want the risk the same happening again.

Seriously wouldn't put it past them. I've clocked the lad stealing crisps out the local shop.

Don't blame him if he isn't being fed properly at home.

He's got to eat.

Riddley Walker

flat next door is empty hoping for a blonde early to mid 20s :D

Only chance you'll get a ride is if your dick is as long as your sentences.

We got invited round to a neighbours house for a drink. Once we realised the bams at the end were also at the party (with no drink, scrounging off everyone else) we made our excuses and left. Next day she asks my wife for ?20 so she could get the people that fed her drink all night a wee Thankyou gift! :lol: :lol:

We got invited round to a neighbours house for a drink. Once we realised the bams at the end were also at the party (with no drink, scrounging off everyone else) we made our excuses and left. Next day she asks my wife for ?20 so she could get the people that fed her drink all night a wee Thankyou gift! :lol: :lol:

You have to admire their tenacity.

Jeez

I read and replied in the facebook thread but this thread.. wow it has classics potential in a very twisted way.

Are these people for shitting serious.

Turn up to a neighbours drinks with not a skoosh between them, scrounge booze then beg money to buy them a present.

You must have the patience of a saint madvlad as that sounds horrific.

I'd have told them all to beat it long ago.

Are u expecting them round on xmas day asking for a plate or 3 of ur dinner and a couple of prezzies for the kids?

Actually the latter will be on xmas eve.

I can only sympathise with you

:rofl: :rofl:

There's just so much wrong with that!

I live, or at least own a flat now, in a part of town that used to be very rough. I would never have looked for a flat there but my ex found it and we actually fell in love with it immediately and 6 years later I've never regretted it.

However, we did end up with one couple renting the flat below us for a few months who on the whole weren't any trouble until she started drinking. She's get wasted and scream at him, he'd lock her out (I don't know how she was stupid enough to let that happen so often) and she'd bang on the door to get him to let her back in.

This one night she was absolutely steaming and he wasn't letting her back in no matter how much she banged and shouted. To be fair to her, she decided to **** off, so at that point she could have been worse.

Anyway, my ex had gone off to work nightshift and passed the girl banging on the door. Skip forward 13 hours and my ex comes back in from nightshift and finds this girl half asleep/passed out in the bottom of the stairwell at the back door, empty 3l of cider beside her, marinating in a pool of her own piss and smelling of shite.

About ten minutes later the police turn up as evidently my neighbour had called the police on her. Screaming and shouting ensues, we try and get a look out of the window as the coppers are getting gloved up and manage to get her cuffed but she struggles so much the can't get her in the patrol car. Just as I say "they're gonna need a van" copper #1 radios the exact same thing.

Up comes the van and she's eventually restrained enough to be carted away. The ex and I head down the stairs with mops and buckets to clean up *shiver*.

Reading all that back sounds like a ridiculous tv episode!

I live in a very popular residentual part of Inverness, 4 bedroom house.........2 cars in the garage, no dogs humping in the street or burnt out ford cortinas etc..........new neighbours arrived about 2 months ago so, being the kind people my wife and I are, we popped a bottle of wine, flowers and a card at their door...............that was 2 months ago.............not a peep back, no thanks, not even a head gesture from their window when they see us WTF is that all about?? :baby:

That's milton of leys for you!

I had the same downstairs neighbours for years they moved, new neighbours pissed me off within a week or two, put two bin bags in our bin, because theirs was full. Pulled them out and left them on their door step. Not spoke to either of them. Prefer it that way.

Jeez

I read and replied in the facebook thread but this thread.. wow it has classics potential in a very twisted way.

Are these people for shitting serious.

Turn up to a neighbours drinks with not a skoosh between them, scrounge booze then beg money to buy them a present.

You must have the patience of a saint madvlad as that sounds horrific.

I'd have told them all to beat it long ago.

Are u expecting them round on xmas day asking for a plate or 3 of ur dinner and a couple of prezzies for the kids?

Actually the latter will be on xmas eve.

I can only sympathise with you

I sort of feel sorry for them, especially the kids. It's all got so ridiculous the wife & I just laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Asking on FB if anyone had a spare Christmas tree last year, preferably a real one. They got it too after my wife put their name forward to a charity, this was all public on FB, and they were delighted. Obviously, mid January, a rotting, dead Christmas tree magically appears on the my street.

Edited by madvladsdad

We recently moved and the guy above us is a right roaster.

The week we moved in, we had a lot of rubbish as you can imagine and our bin was full so I went to ask the neighbour if we could place a couple of bags in his bin which was half empty. He wasn't in so I put them in anyway and decided to ask him later.

Next day he'd taken them out and stuck them on our doorstep.

He won't even talk to us now. Grumpy old dick.

I broke into his flat and left a creamy turd hidden somewhere. I don't think he's found it yet.

Madvladsdad - I'd move house :laugh: they sound like a right bunch.

Do you rent?

Tbh, I think they will be the ones to move first. I've been in the house and they've wrecked it. Holes in the wall, dart board hung on the back of the door, the place is minging. They'll get chucked out soon enough.

Yes we're renting. Thing is we really like the house and 90% of the neighbours are ok. Just the dregs that live round us!

We recently moved and the guy above us is a right roaster.

The week we moved in, we had a lot of rubbish as you can imagine and our bin was full so I went to ask the neighbour if we could place a couple of bags in his bin which was half empty. He wasn't in so I put them in anyway and decided to ask him later.

Next day he'd taken them out and stuck them on our doorstep.

He won't even talk to us now. Grumpy old dick.

I broke into his flat and left a creamy turd hidden somewhere. I don't think he's found it yet.

:laugh:

highlandjambo3

That's milton of leys for you!

I had the same downstairs neighbours for years they moved, new neighbours pissed me off within a week or two, put two bin bags in our bin, because theirs was full. Pulled them out and left them on their door step. Not spoke to either of them. Prefer it that way.

Close....................but no cigar

chester copperpot

Just had the old alky boy next door to us have his door kicked in by some youths.

It was so loud it sounded like they were in our front garden.

He wasn't even in tho but the police were called (not by us I may add)

Say What Again

I thought I had a bad neighbour when the old wifey downstairs - who'd downsized to a flat from a house, and never had anybody live above her - came up to demand me and the ex at the time, both shift workers, took our shoes off at the door before walking down the hall.

I'd lived there 10 years, above 3 neighbours, and never had a complaint about anything. She was up half a dozen times within a month of moving in. I had to draw on all the respect for the elderly I had not to tell her to get to **** and stop coming to my door. Then she just stopped. I changed nothing. She just stopped coming up.

Shit, now I think about it, maybe she's broon breed. I did wonder what she was wanting with 157 pints of milk.

All of that is nothing compared to the OP though.

I thought I had a bad neighbour when the old wifey downstairs - who'd downsized to a flat from a house, and never had anybody live above her - came up to demand me and the ex at the time, both shift workers, took our shoes off at the door before walking down the hall.

I'd lived there 10 years, above 3 neighbours, and never had a complaint about anything. She was up half a dozen times within a month of moving in. I had to draw on all the respect for the elderly I had not to tell her to get to **** and stop coming to my door. Then she just stopped. I changed nothing. She just stopped coming up.

Shit, now I think about it, maybe she's broon breed. I did wonder what she was wanting with 157 pints of milk.

All of that is nothing compared to the OP though.

I feel her pain. It sounds like I have elephants stomping around above me. It is unbelievably irritating.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Met a young lady on okcupid a couple of months ago, goes on a date, all goes well and we end up at mine.

Walking back she says "I live in this street" I get the keys in the stair door, she's like "I live in this stair" 

Ends up she stays across the landing from me! It's right handy!!

I feel her pain. It sounds like I have elephants stomping around above me. It is unbelievably irritating.

Laminate flooring perhaps? That stuff is the cause of many neighbours having a row , not a bother to me but the woman downstairs from us has it and you can hear her walking about, must be a nightmare living below someone with it .

Can't beat a carpet , well you can but you know what I mean lol

lost in space

MADVLADSDAD - 

"Or the time they heavily pregnant lassie up the other end went fighting with my beggars"

I didnt know you could get pregnant that way...............................

chester copperpot

My alky neighbour had the council out fixing his door last week as it got kicked in and guess what happened again last nite

Yip, kicking in and the window smashed again. He must owe someone money or summat

Fud!