Neighbours.

Pennywise

My upstairs neighbours are ok apart from they are the type that go to bed at around 9pm. Being a decent sort it makes me a bit nervous about making noise at night which is a pain as I like my music on if I'm sitting reading. But ok I suppose.

Then last week I got a text message from him at 11pm asking me to turn my telly down. A bit rude I thought.

How did you end up exchanging numbers?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pennywise

• The_razors_edge

• Morgan

• chester copperpot

How did you end up exchanging numbers?

He was having trouble with his plumbing (ooh er) and we swapped numbers in case I got any water through the ceiling.

Just to add to things it's colony style cottages so the stair up to his front door is over a cupboard in my house. It's my day off today and he's getting his bloody staircase replaced. It's like being inside a drum right now as they remove the old one.

This thread reminds me so much of the song "Neighborhood" by Space. 

2nd Verse.

In 110 they haven't paid the rent
So there goes the TV with the repo men
In 999 they make a living from crime
The house is always empty
Cos they're all doing time

Not heard from them in a while, then Friday night into Sat morning it was shouting and screaming in the street. This morning is was chaos as their toilet has flooded again, flushing nappies down the loo does that though. Then I get this.

de0ef993a44a583b218936aa42f6a507.jpg

He sent the youngest along with this note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeezo :lol:

Carl Weathers

I'm thinking about putting some sound proofing up in the spare bedroom as the boy next door is still snoring. Unfortunately space is at a premium due to the window - 60mm max.

• 6 months later...
Carl Weathers

One of my neighbours regularly has the washing machine on after 10pm - quite reguarly after 12am infact. It's loud as feck in my flat - louder than my own and it's completely doing my tits in.

Unfortunately I cant be sure exactly where it is coming from. The house diagonally opposite in the floor above was recently bought and I've only noticed it as a problem in the last couple of months so suspect it might be them.

How can I tackle this? I dont know either of the neighbours in the above flats and dont fancy knocking on doors. Would a polite letter stuck on the noticeboard be reasonable or a bit gimpy?

Notorious BIG

One of my neighbours regularly has the washing machine on after 10pm - quite reguarly after 12am infact. It's loud as feck in my flat - louder than my own and it's completely doing my tits in.

Unfortunately I cant be sure exactly where it is coming from. The house diagonally opposite in the floor above was recently bought and I've only noticed it as a problem in the last couple of months so suspect it might be them.

How can I tackle this? I dont know either of the neighbours in the above flats and dont fancy knocking on doors. Would a polite letter stuck on the noticeboard be reasonable or a bit gimpy?

Definitely speak to them face to face, from experience hashing things out with your neighbour face to face gets far more achieved than a note stuck to a door, Its all in the tone, a note only has one tone, a greeting faced one at that, introduce yourself to your neighbour and let them know your problems.

• 3 weeks later...

They are at it. They must be. They have just asked if I have a spare couch. A. Fecking. Couch. When I said no, they asked if I would be decorating soon, and if I was getting rid of my couch, could they then have it.

It's a wind up, eh?

Салатные палочки

They are at it. They must be. They have just asked if I have a spare couch. A. Fecking. Couch. When I said no, they asked if I would be decorating soon, and if I was getting rid of my couch, could they then have it.

It's a wind up, eh?

Quite unbelievable that. I take it they ask everyone in the street and not just you? 

Probably need something to stick on the pavement to drink their K cider on.  

It's a wind up, eh?

If they are that desperate they can pick up couches 2 a penny for next to toss all if not free on gumtree ffs

Aye they've posted on Facebook asking for a couch. Free, of course.

Get an old couch from somewhere, anywhere, drive around for a while, you will see a dead cat or two on the road side, jam the carcasses as far down the back of said couch, give to the offending neighbours.

It's a wind up, eh?

Between this lot and the Facebook roaster you don't half attract them :rofl:

It's a wind up, eh?

i am wondering if all of these people are in your head and you are currently sitting in a mental hospital as they cant be real

i am wondering if all of these people are in your head and you are currently sitting in a mental hospital as they cant be real

Either that or they've read this thread and are intentionally messing with him.

Right, let's see what weird stuff we can ask for this week.

It's a wind up, eh?

They should be euthanised

Between this lot and the Facebook roaster you don't half attract them :rofl:

Bizarrely enough, the female is pals with the roaster on Facebook. Regularly likes his pouting posts.

You would be forgiven for thinking I'm making all this up. Actually wish I was. Just the other night the oldest laddie came round, think he's 13-14, and says to the wife "my mums asking if she could borrow a tenner?" My wife says no. "What about a fiver then?" Again, no. "Have you got a portable DVD player we can have?"

Unreal.

Bizarrely enough, the female is pals with the roaster on Facebook. Regularly likes his pouting posts.

You would be forgiven for thinking I'm making all this up. Actually wish I was. Just the other night the oldest laddie came round, think he's 13-14, and says to the wife "my mums asking if she could borrow a tenner?" My wife says no. "What about a fiver then?" Again, no. "Have you got a portable DVD player we can have?"

Unreal.

Sorry but :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry but :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know. We laugh about it now.

She's just posted on FB asking for a free TV as hers has packed in :lol:

• 9 months later...

bumping this thread to see if madvladsdad is still enjoying his neighbours

A likely story. You're wanting to know if he's decorated, to try and get the couch before the neighbours. ;)

A likely story. You're wanting to know if he's decorated, to try and get the couch before the neighbours. ;)

i'm still waiting to hear if he will loan me the ?8.25 i sent my kids round for

I still can't believe these people are for real.

They're at it, surely...

"Asked him for a couch today, you should have seen his face. Be asking for a fridge next week to see if he finally snaps!" :lol:

They moved out. Through to Livingston. The oldest laddie got leathered off a group of guys, filmed it & put in on FB, so they up & left.

Seen workmen in the other day so stuck my head in. House was a mess. Holes in the walls. Glad to be shot of them.

Just the bucky swigging ex squaddie who plays his shite music full blast to contend with now.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

The lassie next door to me and another lass from further down the street were screaming at each other Saturday afternoon. All the kids were out playing but next doors laddie shit himself. So down the street lass brought him up so his mum could clean him up. Turns out she had pissed off out for something to eat with her new felly. Just left the kids playing in other peoples garden, never said anything to anyone.

Vile human being.

Not heard from them in a while, then Friday night into Sat morning it was shouting and screaming in the street. This morning is was chaos as their toilet has flooded again, flushing nappies down the loo does that though. Then I get this.

de0ef993a44a583b218936aa42f6a507.jpg

He sent the youngest along with this note.

That's as bad as the lassie upstairs from me. Id get a text asking for ?4 until Tuesday or enough for a J until I see xxxxx and I will defo pay you back (about 6 months later). It was funny in a tongue in cheek sort of way. One afternoon after I got back from work, I got a knock at the door and there she was with a fiver that I forgot I loaned her. In fact it was about 5 or 6 months earlier that she "borrowed" the money.

Where do you live madvladsdad? If it hasn't been documented already and you feel like sharing, of course.

I'm a story teller, and my stories must be told. In Scotland my names madvladsdad and England it is too.

I'm a story teller, and my stories must be told. In Scotland my names madvladsdad and England it is too.

[emoji38] You've lost me?

I don't believe you, you're a storyteller. :)

I see. I wish I was yelling porkys! Saying that, reading this thread reminded me about a lot of stuff, had a giggle with the Mrs reminiscing about it all, so not all bad.

One of my neighbours lost his job (he was caught snorting lines off his desk) but he was too scared to tell his Mrs so he went weeks kiddi g on he was going to work. God knows what he was doing with his days. So anyway, pay day was looming & he needed cash.

Sold her sons iPad.

• 3 weeks later...

Fathers day.

Busiest day of the year next door.

Boys just queuing up outside.

Not wanting to hijack thread but on a similar tone.

I regularly get offenders knocking my door selling household cleaning stuff. Clothes, towels etc. This always puts me in a bit of a predicament as I don't need anything from them but I don't want to upset them?Would rather have them on side as opposed to against me? So basically I get my wallet out and give em a fiver or a tenner and wish them the best of luck on the right side of the law. Its pretty obvious that the word has been passed that the guy at (my house number) is generous and a knock on his door will produce a note of some sort!

Its not like I cant afford it but I also don't like handing money over for the sake of it? Bit of a predicament!!

Advise please.

Riddley Walker

Not wanting to hijack thread but on a similar tone.

I regularly get offenders knocking my door selling household cleaning stuff. Clothes, towels etc. This always puts me in a bit of a predicament as I don't need anything from them but I don't want to upset them?Would rather have them on side as opposed to against me? So basically I get my wallet out and give em a fiver or a tenner and wish them the best of luck on the right side of the law. Its pretty obvious that the word has been passed that the guy at (my house number) is generous and a knock on his door will produce a note of some sort!

Its not like I cant afford it but I also don't like handing money over for the sake of it? Bit of a predicament!!

Advise please.

Stop giving them money. Tell them you don't need or want it. That's what most folk will say to them, they're more likely to see you as a soft touch if you keep dishing them fivers and tenners for nonsense.

Stop giving them money. Tell them you don't need or want it. That's what most folk will say to them, they're more likely to see you as a soft touch if you keep dishing them fivers and tenners for nonsense.

All very well and good but would you want to potentially upset someone who has recently spent time at her majesty's pleasure?

Heartsmad1874

All very well and good but would you want to potentially upset someone who has recently spent time at her majesty's pleasure?

Your not obligated to give them money just say no thanks not interested. The fact you give them money for nothing just makes them keep coming back for more.

The offender's selling stuff is weird. They basically go to poundland buy their stuff and make offenders sell it for ?3 a shot.

I had a bunch round my bit that had been driven up from down south..

The offender's selling stuff is weird. They basically go to poundland buy their stuff and make offenders sell it for ?3 a shot.

I had a bunch round my bit that had been driven up from down south..

I've never seen this in action. Is it just a bunch of guys organising themselves to sell cheap tat around the doors with a "I'm a reformed character trying to live life on the straight and narrow" type story, basically?

Also, I hope I'm not the only one feeling a wee bit disappointed to hear that madvladsdad's neighbours have moved. I always enjoyed those stories. [emoji1]

Also, I hope I'm not the only one feeling a wee bit disappointed to hear that madvladsdad's neighbours have moved. I always enjoyed those stories. [emoji1]

Disappointed isn't the word I would use.

Elated, maybe.