Why are we all slating each other on here these days?

Mr Sifter

All roads lead to Gorgie

There is also a small group of folk who are here simply to bang on a political message and try to dominate every thread, or crowbar it into even the most innocent of Shed threads. 

I know what you mean. A bus breaks down somewhere and it's the Scottish governments fault or Camerons to blame. It gets tedious at times !

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been on this site for years, long before every man and his dog had a computer. Lost count of the amount of times i've typed a post out then deleted it thinking what's the point, far too many smart ar**s on here these day's, but hey, that's internet forums for you, is it not?

Snap!

Agree with your sentiments too.

See more and more these days, people are talkin to each other like they're a piece of shit on here. It's becoming the norm.

I've got no clue why, but Christ it can make this place hard work sometimes.

I dunno what's the root cause for the downturn in civility, it could be a few things. Perhaps it's older posters disappearing and being replaced by younger folk, it may be to do with 'sides' people have taken over the whole young team thing, I don't know what it is. But over and over again, I'm seeing people being smart arses with others on here, for no other reason than because they can. It's a general lack of respect that becomes an undercurrent to almost every thread on here.

It seems to me sometimes people want to play the poster, instead of the post itself. Genuine debate gets stifled by people goin off on daft wee tangents, firing wise cracks and ******* cornettes at each other, and it's nae gid. People seem to have wee vendettas goin on, it comes through in almost every post they make.

It's worth noting that the best threads recently on here have been the ones regarding the older players of years gone by. Contributed to by what seem decent posters, with genuine points to make, they're light years away from some of the tit for tat guff that goes down on other threads. I mean, look at the way the New Stand thread has gone the last couple of days. Two people have a disagreement over how a new stand would be funded. Thats fine. But check the condescending tone of the inital disagreement. It was the single biggest factor in that thread turning to shit for at least two pages. And for what?

for me there's a real tangible downturn in the way people are treating each other on here.

We've just come out of administration, we've just been promoted, there's talk of upgrading Tynie and we've got the mechanism in place to own our club. We could've died ffs. What's the problem?

I suppose I just wish everyone would at least be decent with each other. If we were all sat in a boozer face to face and we were to have these wee disagreements, it's safe to say we wouldn't act the way we do on here.

Some need to up their game on here. Stop being dicks, chill oot, and enjoy talking about the Hearts.

Anyway, i just wanted to say that. Ive been thinkin about it for a wee while, so i thought id finally get it off my chest. Im genuinely interested in what others think. It woukd be nice to hear what one or two posters in particular thought. I mean, surely others are seeing this too right? its as clear as the nose on yer face for me, i cannie be the only one!

Feel free to rip this, it's all good. See? ;-)

The problem I have noted is that there are at least 2 posters who are quick to point out another poster's errors in their ways. Not going to say names but I'm sure regular KBers know who I'm on about. So to avoid the pedantic users, I suggest to proof read your posts before tapping the "Post" button below the reply box.

Kickback is still good despite this. Also, I like the fundraising part of it as it lets fans contribute a little to Hearts and other related causes.

I stopped posting as much recently as I don't have the same enthusiasm to follow a thread from beginning to end. Nor am I interested in many of the posters opinions. There's about two posters I like to read and even they've stopped posting as much these days.

Still like the 'let's rip hibs' threads, though.

Never gets old obvz.

5-1.

i get hate on a daily from the ?7 an hour mob i dont mind though because of course their opinion isnt worth as much as mine so i just lol at them i dont even reply :D

maltese jambo

Don't agree that the independence referendum has had a negative affect on debate at all. In fact i Think it galvanised debate not only on kb but fb too. For once instead of just moaning about politics when stuff goes wrong people were actually debating stuff. I certainly learned a lot and found out stuff I didn't know throughout the debate on kb!

Think the OP has a point, maybe people just need to chill a bit and respect others opinion.

Still, there is definitely a clique here.

Two unwritten rules that I try to follow

1=Never say anything on JKB that you wouldn't say face to face.

2= Don't get bogged down in a discussion

if you are getting nowhere just leave it and agree to disagree.

Not saying I always manage to follow these rules but I do try to.

maroonlegions

The variation of opinions and even beliefs  on here ,as we know, is a natural human trait.

The problems arise when debates get personal  between posters and start to drift  off the topic of the thread. 

Maturity of mind is another one that can seem anonymous at times on threads.

There will always be smart arses, attention seekers wanting to impress or defend their mates, i would even go as far as saying that some posters have not even got that much life  experience due to their age and  by the style and content of their posts. 

I have over the years taken a lot of character attacks and pesh taking due to my views on the UFO phenomena mainly but i put that down to a mixture of banter, ignorance of the more meaty and unexplainable cases and of course plain trolling.

If one was to actually give a feck about those opinions that disagree with yours then ones  emotional state of mind  would descend into one stress fest, feck that. :laugh4:

Some posters  i have noticed never really post on threads but will  surface from time to time  on certain threads with the attention of  dragging someone's character  through the mud.

Those are the ones i find strange and rather sad and are also  not noted for  debating  in Hearts related threads in the Terrace but  will surface on certain threads  in the Shed to berate, weird, who are these people. :laugh4:

Still think its  a more mature mind that can refrain from posting in a thread if you have nothing of real substance  to add to its topic or have no  interest in that topic.

The OP has rightly brought to the  attention that more needs to be done on the manners,respect and decorum side of debating, after all we are all Jambos are we not. FTH.

Shoite stirrers  are a weird bunch. :laugh4:

Daydream Believer

I started posting something similar to the OP on the Conspiracy Theory thread last night but deleted it in the end.

JKB seems to polarise people into extreme views and inevitably defending a position can turn into an attack on other peoples views.

There was at one point a JKB specific sense of humour that if done well was hilarious, but if done badly was just rude. As some posters left or posted less some kind of residue was left over which incorporated the rudeness without the humour. It definitely does stifle interesting threads though.

The thing is that I doubt anyone cares if some random on a chatroom calls them a name, but it clogs up the threads with pages of crappy nonsense.

The People's Chimp

They've been gone for at least 3 years, but the still get blamed for the dwindling quality of here :lol:

When they, and other posters of their ilk, were why this place was any good in the first place. 

maroonlegions

Points out its just a fitbaw forum, while getting upset about folk arguing. :lol:

True to a degree but i could also  point out that its folk rightly getting peshed off when the personal attacks happen just because of a view or opinion.

No need to trawl back through threads, a simple check of this one will see me admitting that perhaps ive been as bad as the next one on one or two occasions. Its partly because of that I've started this thread. This is a plea for people to get a grip and chill out. It's a fitba forum, do we REALLY have to be wideos with each other for the sake of it?

Can't help but think you're completely missing the point...or illustrating my point exactly. Not sure which to be honest.

Pointless thread from pointless toley IMHO.

Points out its just a fitbaw forum, while getting upset about folk arguing. :lol:

Youve not quoted anyone so ill assume this ones for me. If that's your definition of upset, then aye. Pure upset so I was. You've kinda nailed the point I was making though, so for that alone I value your contribution my friend ;-)

Pointless thread from pointless toley IMHO.

Stick a smiley in next time Colly, just so I know for sure you're only havin a giggle. Cheers.

;-)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sifter, what do you think of the flaming the moron who turned up on the grass line thread is getting?

Sifter, what do you think of the flaming the moron who turned up on the grass line thread is getting?

I saw it mate. It doesn't sit well with me to be honest, but it's a slightly different situation over there isn't it?

I'm on about unwarranted abuse. Undeserved. In that thread, I'd argue that that boy turning up, announcing to the world who he is, and trying to be wide from the off, probably means he deserves the tanking he's gettin.

There's surely a difference between that thread and the point I was makin in my OP isn't there?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I saw it mate. It doesn't sit well with me to be honest, but it's a slightly different situation over there isn't it?

I'm on about unwarranted abuse. Undeserved. In that thread, I'd argue that that boy turning up, announcing to the world who he is, and trying to be wide from the off, probably means he deserves the tanking he's gettin.

There's surely a difference between that thread and the point I was makin in my OP isn't there?

That's fine but define unwarranted? If someone posts something stupid they are asking to be flamed for doing so.

Tbh abuse no mattter what form it is in wrong. Online, face to face, on the phone skype ect all the same really.

People forget that the other person they are abusing is a human on the other computer. Just because you cant see them doesnt make it right

I am guilty of it myself tbf

Always found it bizarre how some posters seem to think the more they post, the more valid their opinion is. Seen it happen many times over the years. A poster starts out posting about Hearts and then 10,000 posts later in the space of a couple of months, they're swaggering into debates about absolutely anything. At this point they begin the condescension which inevitably leads to them becoming unpopular and leaving/being banned.

I actually rarely post about Hearts, if I do, it's usually on something about the past. I find Kickback very entertaining at times. I consider threads "episodes". "The Wales VHS" for example being a personal favourite.

That's fine but define unwarranted? If someone posts something stupid they are asking to be flamed for doing so.

No. In the same way that if it happened face to face, you wouldn't instantly just ridicule the dude. If he's been a bit thick with it, but genuine at the same time, wouldn't you give him the benefit of the doubt? Perhaps even offer your own point of view? Who knows, the guy might even learn somethin as a result.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No. In the same way that if it happened face to face, you wouldn't instantly just ridicule the dude. If he's been a bit thick with it, but genuine at the same time, wouldn't you give him the benefit of the doubt? Perhaps even offer your own point of view? Who knows, the guy might even learn somethin as a result.

Read through the conspiracy thread if you want examples of what I mean. It gets to the point where you end up putting people on ignore.

Doctor FinnBarr

Would be good to see a like or dislike button...

We had a "like" button 2/3 years back but it slowed up the board so much Dex removed it after a couple of days.

Read through the conspiracy thread if you want examples of what I mean. It gets to the point where you end up putting people on ignore.

Claims to have everyone that puts forward a conspiracy theory on ignore, then comes on the conspiracy theory thread and proceeds to leave derogatory posts all over the place.

He does not seem like this thread ether. I wonder why.

Good thread Mr Sifter, let's not let the thread be side tracked by the obvious trolls.

To be honest, it does not bother me if peolplw anuse me. When someone starts dishig out abuse, it is usually a sign that they have lost the argument.

What bothers me more is when a whole thread becomes a personal battle between two or three posters (and unfortunately, I have fallen into that trap), often bringing up past differences or debates, and petty point scoring, totally spoiling it as a result.

To be honest, it does not bother me if peolplw anuse me. When someone starts dishig out abuse, it is usually a sign that they have lost the argument.

What bothers me more is when a whole thread becomes a personal battle between two or three posters (and unfortunately, I have fallen into that trap), often bringing up past differences or debates, and petty point scoring, totally spoiling it as a result.

I always treat people with the same respect that I want to receive, anyhow we are all jambos, (well most), and should be able to get along with each other.

Maybe things will stabilise when the team starts losing, Robbie moves to Aberdeen and Ann B presents her plans to move to a new stadium in Harthill.

Things are going waaaay too smoothly off and on the park right now and clearly we all need to let off a bit of steam now and again.

maroonlegions

No excuse for abusing someone, stupid posts  or not, decorum is what is needed, Why flame a situation because you find someones post stupid, why not be the bigger man and ignore it.

Cannot recall ever reading the JKB rules that included a rule on stupid posts.. :uhoh2:

JKB Rule ??;

Stupid posts;(definition of stupid will differ from poster to poster).

"The poster will be aware that if  you post stupid posts be prepared to get persona abuse".

:laugh4:

maroonlegions

Exactly , very good points, why re act like a bully or a w****** to someones comment you find stupid, it's all about your nature, your patience and your levels of manners and decorum on how you respond to people socially , be that on line or publicly.

Could it be the  upbringing thing here, the way you were brought up, what your parents taught you about respecting people or how your parents  reacted themselves to different situations  that you were exposed to when you were young, would not rule it out.

There are always those who get off on humiliating people or making them feel small in company, those kind of people are usually full of themselves i find.

maroonlegions

Claims to have everyone that puts forward a conspiracy theory on ignore, then comes on the conspiracy theory thread and proceeds to leave derogatory posts all over the place.

He does not seem like this thread ether. I wonder why.

Good thread Mr Sifter, let's not let the thread be side tracked by the obvious trolls.

That could have fallen on deaf years if you are on ignore. :laugh4:

That could have fallen on deaf years if you are on ignore. :laugh4:

Not now that you've quoted it, oh wait. :laugh4:

Big Slim Stylee

We had a "like" button 2/3 years back but it slowed up the board so much Dex removed it after a couple of days.

Before that it was "rep" was it not?  But that just became an exercise in massively bumming up your chums:)

maroonlegions

Who is in the clique these days?

What one. ??

Doubt a old punk who is partial to a  conspiracy would fit in. :laugh4:

maroonlegions

The clique are actually "terminology" ninjas , :th_Jttesur: thus giving the impression that they no longer exist, stealth like in their posting and more in sync than a masons convention. :smartass:

Riddley Walker

What one. ??

Doubt a old punk who is partial to a conspiracy would fit in. :laugh4:

You've got your own clique ML... albeit one on the fringes of JKB society :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick, on 20 Nov 2015 - 8:38 PM, said:

There is no clique. They don't post on here anymore.

Coming from the ring leader himself, I find that comment absolutely staggering!

Geoffrey Kilpatrick's Bully Bingo...never lost a game of it yet has he!

Coming from the ring leader himself, I find that comment absolutely staggering!

Geoffrey Kilpatrick's Bully Bingo...never lost a game of it yet has he!

Correct, I've said it before the man's a sweetie wife.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Correct, I've said it before the man's a sweetie wife.

:laugh:

And with that, the thread title plumbs new depths of irony.

niblick1874, on 20 Nov 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

I'm a Hearts man honest.... by The Sweetie Wives featuring Tuna Kilpatrick   :guitarist:

...and Man United and Linfield and Rangers...more clubs than Rory McIlroy! :laugh: 

:laugh:

And with that, the thread title plumbs new depths of irony.

Predictable as ever, you really need to give people some peace and quiet, let folk have their say as unfortunately your tedious repetitive drivel bores folk to death.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Predictable as ever, you really need to give people some peace and quiet, let folk have their say as unfortunately your tedious repetitive drivel bores folk to death.

If someone has a crack at me, I have every right to defend myself. And I will.

Archived