Why are we all slating each other on here these days?

Mr Sifter

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not quite the point though, is it?

You seem offended by behaviour which you display in your own actions.

Calling people out as ''fascists'', while calling others a racist, with no foundation.

That's the point.

Carry on with the amnesia/deflection though. Seems about your only defence really.

I carried on with sleep actually!

If I remember the context of that thread, that was the old one about the Royal Family being Germans, where I pointed out that anyone labelling any other family who had arrived in the UK in the 18th century as still being a foreigner would be looked upon as a racist. I don't remember any posts being deleted on it. I also decided it wasn't worth the energy arguing.

Still, if it is bothering you so much I will happily retract. However, the difference is I was making an argument about racism. The poster in question was claiming fascism because people were outraged about a bizarre false flag claim on the night of the Paris attacks and asking for his stuff to be moved to the conspiracy thread.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I carried on with sleep actually!

If I remember the context of that thread, that was the old one about the Royal Family being Germans, where I pointed out that anyone labelling any other family who had arrived in the UK in the 18th century as still being a foreigner would be looked upon as a racist. I don't remember any posts being deleted on it. I also decided it wasn't worth the energy arguing.

Still, if it is bothering you so much I will happily retract. However, the difference is I was making an argument about racism. The poster in question was claiming fascism because people were outraged about a bizarre false flag claim on the night of the Paris attacks and asking for his stuff to be moved to the conspiracy thread.

No.

Big Slim Stylee

You can't beat a late Saturday night on here, though.  There's always a couple of jaw-dropping numbers that start and then disappear into the ether.  Tonights "Zoomer in Section H" was shaping up nicely for a while :)

BK 11215, on 21 Nov 2015 - 5:00 PM, said:

Not quite the point though, is it?

You seem offended by behaviour which you display in your own actions.

Calling people out as ''fascists'', while calling others a racist, with no foundation.

That's the point.

Carry on with the amnesia/deflection though. Seems about your only defence really.

:spoton:

maroonlegions

The content of the posts in this thread  should serve as a reminder that human nature is a fickle one and one that needs to be put into perspective when dealing with manners and decorum.

Like in life outside this forum, from every day dealings with work colleagues , friends, family and the multitude of different situations  we face,its how you react to them and that is down to your own psychology make up. 

I have met all sorts of people, from the down right rude, arrogant, ignorant, those lacking any sort of respect  for others, were  their personal mannerism and decorum was not manifesting.

Some are brought up with zero tolerance to  those they either find coming across as stupid through lack of knowledge or just personal mental abilities and aptitudes or even to those that are different in their views or lifestyles outside the contemporary or norm.  

Personal lack of manners, respect and decorum will differ in each person but surely everyone can see or perceive that to abuse or attack someone's  character for nothing more than a difference of opinion or belief  is where the real falling out and problematic debating begins.

I see no reason to round on someone because of a different opinion, sure you have the right to defend your option if its under  attack, especially when that attack starts to drift  away from the difference of opinion debate and centers on the character of the poster. The Conspiracy Thread and  especially the UFO Mega Thread  are prime examples of this.

In regards to that UFO thread  i can hold my hands up and   say that i was naive  in the early days of that thread, , posting content that i had not fully looked at but simply  trusted other sources who had looked into that particular content, that was  more down  to sheer  keenness and a love of the subject matter than gullibility or any malevolent  agenda.   

Some on here really need to take a step back from certain threads and stop the usage or need to add  character attacks  or defamation of character towards members.

I am no angel but surely if there is  a call for more  usage of  decorum , respect and manners towards others then its more of a question of the maturity of mind and acting like grown ups that needs addressing to. 

In my  place of work there is the usual banter but sometimes that banter descends into immature brating and school boy bickering that is embarrassing,  treat others like you would have them treat you, fecking simple really.

jake, on 22 Nov 2015 - 4:38 PM, said:

The irony

The stalker returns! Take it the female across the street caught you out?

Pest!

The content of the posts in this thread  should serve as a reminder that human nature is a fickle one and one that needs to be put into perspective when dealing with manners and decorum.

Like in life outside this forum, from every day dealings with work colleagues , friends, family and the multitude of different situations  we face,its how you react to them and that is down to your own psychology make up. 

I have met all sorts of people, from the down right rude, arrogant, ignorant, those lacking any sort of respect  for others, were  their personal mannerism and decorum was not manifesting.

Some are brought up with zero tolerance to  those they either find coming across as stupid through lack of knowledge or just personal mental abilities and aptitudes or even to those that are different in their views or lifestyles outside the contemporary or norm.  

Personal lack of manners, respect and decorum will differ in each person but surely everyone can see or perceive that to abuse or attack someone's  character for nothing more than a difference of opinion or belief  is where the real falling out and problematic debating begins.

I see no reason to round on someone because of a different opinion, sure you have the right to defend your option if its under  attack, especially when that attack starts to drift  away from the difference of opinion debate and centers on the character of the poster. The Conspiracy Thread and  especially the UFO Mega Thread  are prime examples of this.

In regards to that UFO thread  i can hold my hands up and   say that i was naive  in the early days of that thread, , posting content that i had not fully looked at but simply  trusted other sources who had looked into that particular content, that was  more down  to sheer  keenness and a love of the subject matter than gullibility or any malevolent  agenda.   

Some on here really need to take a step back from certain threads and stop the usage or need to add  character attacks  or defamation of character towards members.

I am no angel but surely if there is  a call for more  usage of  decorum , respect and manners towards others then its more of a question of the maturity of mind and acting like grown ups that needs addressing to. 

In my  place of work there is the usual banter but sometimes that banter descends into immature brating and school boy bickering that is embarrassing,  treat others like you would have them treat you, fecking simple really.

Yep, I think when Kilpatrick said that you need look no further than the conspiracy thread for those that deserved to be ridiculed says it all about him and others on there. I can understand how some, on the odd occasion, may feel the need to defend themselves (or lose it a tad) when someone goes over the top (the one that is in the wrong) to win an argument or discussion but there are some on here that go out of there way to antagonize threw insults and insinuations that need to be sorted.

Not only will the same suspects gravitate in numbers, as they have, towards threads such as the conspiracy and UFO ones but I have noticed that the same suspects quietly do the same elsewhere, some going nowhere near The Terrace. Just my observations, take them as you will.

Daydream Believer

We need a good old fashioned JKB controversy again to really bring us all together.

If someone can arrange a raffle then stiff the winner out of a prize or something that's be great.

Or invite Therapist back.

It was a lot easier when everyone hated the same person.

Thanks for proving my point.

I have proven F all pal. You are calling people out for being rude at the same time as being the biggest culprit.

What you need to do is relax and realise this is only a football forum and not a soapbox to foist your tunneled views on a very limited amount of subjects onto.

I have proven F all pal. You are calling people out for being rude at the same time as being the biggest culprit.

What you need to do is relax and realise this is only a football forum and not a soapbox to foist your tunneled views on a very limited amount of subjects onto.

And again.

And again.

No denial I see though.

What I'm going to say will probably get me a warning or ban but there you go.

I think you are a strange individual with strange views but for the love of god please stop trying to force these onto other people who don't happen to hold that same view. Admit you are in the minority ...........and maybe from time to time give your opinion on Hearts.

That's me done with you im afraid as deep down I know you enjoy the attention.

No denial I see though.

What I'm going to say will probably get me a warning or ban but there you go.

I think you are a strange individual with strange views but for the love of god please stop trying to force these onto other people who don't happen to hold that same view. Admit you are in the minority ...........and maybe from time to time give your opinion on Hearts.

That's me done with you im afraid as deep down I know you enjoy the attention.

What? Apart from everything else, what's the bit about giving my opinion on Hearts all about?

Archived