Why are we all slating each other on here these days?

Mr Sifter

This is a classic case of people complaining about bullying, and then dishing out abuse to innocent posters like Geoff.

Now, Geoff's days as the head of the clique that so terrorized Kickback are long behind him and I think he's earned the right to post without it being thrown back at him.

Just my opinion.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

This is a classic case of people complaining about bullying, and then dishing out abuse to innocent posters like Geoff.

Now, Geoff's days as the head of the clique that so terrorized Kickback are long behind him and I think he's earned the right to post without it being thrown back at him.

Just my opinion.

:greatpost:

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.

I get it... So we are not to have a go at the doddery old fool in case he crumbles.

:pleasing:

Just my opinion.

Ladies and gentlemen that will be my last trick of the evening, however, I'll be here over the weekend.

Maybe Kilpatrick shouldn't have put me on ignore, then he would have seen my post and not jumped right in there.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I get it... So we are not to have a go at the doddery old fool in case he crumbles.

:pleasing:

:laugh:

Bring it! It isn't me who is breaking the board rules.

:jjyay:

Ladies and gentlemen that will be my last trick of the evening, however, I'll be here over the weekend.

You'd think on a thread dedicated to creating bonhomie and eradicating unpleasantness you'd be able to hold off on the abuse and trolling you're so known for. It's just a shame that Mr Sifter's request appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

I only hope the mods deal with your flagrant trolling as they should.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You'd think on a thread dedicated to creating bonhomie and eradicating unpleasantness you'd be able to hold off on the abuse and trolling you're so known for. It's just a shame that Mr Sifter's request appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

I only hope the mods deal with your flagrant trolling as they should.

Not forgetting the personal abuse rule either. Tragic that people can't debate without being falsely accused of supporting other football teams at best to being called a fascist at worst.

Not forgetting the personal abuse rule either. Tragic that people can't debate without being falsely accused of supporting other football teams at best to being called a fascist at worst.

:greatpost:

If someone has a crack at me, I have every right to defend myself. And I will.

Read through the conspiracy thread if you want examples of what I mean. It gets to the point where you end up putting people on ignore.

Guess which post came first. That's right, it was the one directly above.

The Great Khali

No one on here seems to like Geoff or care much for his opinions, so I fail to see how he could be accused of leading a kleek.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No one on here seems to like Geoff or care much for his opinions, so I fail to see how he could be accused of leading a kleek.

The funny thing is that people who think that don't seem to realise that I don't give a shit whether I'm liked or not. I've been posting on Kickback and its various guises since 1996. I can truthfully say the quality of poster has never been as bad as it now in terms of the multitude of posters who either post nonsense (which I will call out) or hate being challenged on their viewpoint. There's no one to blame for that, it's just a consequence of internet use becoming more widespread. It's still the best place to pick up news about the club, which is its primary purpose. For expats like me, that's a Godsend (even using a word like that these days will probably start its own thread, illustrating the point I'm making).

The Great Khali, on 21 Nov 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:The Great Khali, on 21 Nov 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

I think it's really just a case of 'certain' members having more than enough of his twisted behaviour and thus calling him out on it...which we are perfectly entitled to do. I don't want to emphasize that point too much, as I know he enjoys it when he realises he's pushing people's buttons.

His response to some recent comments is in true typical bully demeanour, they suddenly want to play the victim card when they are addressed for their tormented behaviour.

Had that experience.

Some poster has me wrapped up as a racist sectarian sympathiser.

Without one shred of evidence.

Strange behaviour.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Had that experience.

Strange behaviour.

:spoton:

Governor Tarkin

Coming from the ring leader himself, I find that comment absolutely staggering!

Geoffrey Kilpatrick's Bully Bingo...never lost a game of it yet has he!

:D

There's a couple of charges you could rightly lay at Geoff's door but those two are simply preposterous.

:rofl:

Geoff Kilpatrick

:D

There's a couple of charges you could rightly lay at Geoff's door but those two are simply preposterous.

:rofl:

Quite.

Still, I'll be fair. The clique was before his time.

Just my opinion.

:rofl: Oh look the supermods here, tell mysterion where dexter is. How long before GKnumber gets to be a mod?.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:rofl: Oh look the supermods here, tell mysterion where dexter is. How long before GKnumber gets to be a mod?.

For the record, I never want to be a mod, here or elsewhere.

I'm not sure it's really that different. I've been on here since '06 and I remember vividly that my very first post was viciously slated (by a poster still here, like!) :laugh:

I just post my opinion, I don't care if people like it or dislike it, it's how I feel. Sometimes my opinion is on others, but hey, such is life. I get plenty abuse back, but I can say with all honesty that never once have I reported anybody for having a pop at me. I'm a big boy, I can take it. I've had pm's asking for the "back of the wheatfield" rendezvous, bizarre (and wildly inaccurate) comments about my family and even "we are related", but I just take them all on their merits.

It's a Hearts message board for stuff about Hearts. I use it as such and then log off and go out with people I give a shit about. I've met enough posters on here to be able to say I'm an alright dude and the majority of folk on here I've met are alright as well.

Posters names change and folk come and go but it's largely the same. We get transient support coming on interested in the Gorgie. Some stay a little while and the move on to other clubs when bored. There will always be another set of folk coming along and joining. Only thing I'd say is it's less funny, I think. However that may be a reaction to me getting old!

It's just the fecking Internet, guys. :thumbsup:

The Great Khali

The funny thing is that people who think that don't seem to realise that I don't give a shit whether I'm liked or not. I've been posting on Kickback and its various guises since 1996. I can truthfully say the quality of poster has never been as bad as it now in terms of the multitude of posters who either post nonsense (which I will call out) or hate being challenged on their viewpoint. There's no one to blame for that, it's just a consequence of internet use becoming more widespread. It's still the best place to pick up news about the club, which is its primary purpose. For expats like me, that's a Godsend (even using a word like that these days will probably start its own thread, illustrating the point I'm making).

This whole post REEKS of kleek Geoff. Just admit it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

This whole post REEKS of kleek Geoff. Just admit it.

Could be worse. Could be bizarro or wolfpack!

Could be worse. Could be bizarro or wolfpack!

So gk, does the other place have all the great posters and banter. Ive read it, its does not.

Supermods :rofl: good one.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So gk, does the other place have all the great posters and banter. Ive read it, its does not.

Supermods :rofl: good one.

I'm surprised you didn't join in.

If I wasn't allowed to troll on here I'd probably just masturbate myself into oblivion.

Getting kicked from the "There I said it" thread cost me a whole weekend and made it sore to pee for a week.

maroonlegions

Just my opinion.

Innocent.  :toff:

maroonlegions

You've got your own clique ML... albeit one on the fringes of JKB society :lol:

JKB outsider with my chosen few...   :laugh4:

Generic Username

We need a good old fashioned JKB controversy again to really bring us all together.

If someone can arrange a raffle then stiff the winner out of a prize or something that's be great.

Great OP Mr. Sifter, it's been needed to be said for a long time.

I have a couple of rules for posting on here,

1. Only say what you'd be prepared to say to someone's face.

2. It's better to post when you have something to say than post because you want to say something.

maroonlegions

On Kickback, as in life, the emptiest vessels make the most noise.

Yip, swap vessel for empty can and all that happens is that can is kicked further down the road.

Had that experience.

Strange behaviour.

I have experienced that once. When I asked for evidence, and examples of my posts that were racist, the poster refused to answer, and instead contiuned to abuse me and call me a racist again.

Too many non-Jambos on here who have heard this is a lively forum and use it as a place to spout their links/memes/prejudices

Bridge of Djoum

Can the OP link to posts that are examples of what he means?

With north of 43.000!!! posts Geoff, I think you will feature prominently.

Geoff Kilpatrick

With north of 43.000!!! posts Geoff, I think you will feature prominently.

Love to know why people obsess about post counts. I really couldn't give a feck about them.

Love to know why people obsess about post counts. I really couldn't give a feck about them.

That is a strange one, I don't really get the relevance myself

Generic Username

When you break it down over the duration of your time on the board it comes to less than 400 posts a month. If you'd racked up a stupid amount in a short space of time I'd get the argument.

Bridge of Djoum

My word!

Geoff, you accused me of being racist just a few weeks ago, for absolutely no reason. Then your posts regarding this were removed. 

Remember?

Too many non-Jambos on here who have heard this is a lively forum and use it as a place to spout their links/memes/prejudices

A lot of truth in that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

My word!

Geoff, you accused me of being racist just a few weeks ago, for absolutely no reason. Then your posts regarding this were removed.

Remember?

Nope. If I did, I was only responding to what I saw.

I have experienced that once. When I asked for evidence, and examples of my posts that were racist, the poster refused to answer, and instead contiuned to abuse me and call me a racist again.

Thing is mate its a serious allegation.

I was banned from further comment on the thread.

In a way I'm grateful.

The poster in question is rude lazy and somewhat evangelical .

Anyway enjoy the game today mate.

Bridge of Djoum

Nope. If I did, I was only responding to what I saw.

No Geoff, you were wrong. 

I called you out and you failed to respond, and your posts were removed.

But hey, I guess selective memory is useful in some cases, right?

Geoff Kilpatrick

No Geoff, you were wrong.

I called you out and you failed to respond, and your posts were removed.

But hey, I guess selective memory is useful in some cases, right?

You'd need to remind me of the thread.

Bridge of Djoum

A Royal Family thread if I recall. 

I had mentioned Germans, you called me racist. I then went on to inform you that my mother is German, to which you didn't fancy replying to.  Your post calling me racist, for no reason was then removed. 

Ringing any bells? Or have you slung so much similar mud, it's just lost in the clutter?

Geoff Kilpatrick

A Royal Family thread if I recall.

I had mentioned Germans, you called me racist. I then went on to inform you that my mother is German, to which you didn't fancy replying to. Your post calling me racist, for no reason was then removed.

Ringing any bells? Or have you slung so much similar mud, it's just lost in the clutter?

I never saw a post about your mother. Take your word for it.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is if someone constantly talks pish or is clearly just out to wind folk up is to put them on ignore.

I done that with a couple of posters months back and the difference now is night and day.

Bridge of Djoum

I never saw a post about your mother. Take your word for it.

Not quite the point though, is it?

You seem offended by behaviour which you display in your own actions.

Calling people out as ''fascists'', while calling others a racist, with no foundation.

That's the point.

Carry on with the amnesia/deflection though. Seems about your only defence really.

Archived