United at Hibs

martoon

I reckon it will be a long night under those famous floodlights. ?

1-1, aet, United on pens.

Attendance under 10, 000.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot

Can see hibs doing them. Shame we're out would love to have smashed them in a semi orca final, again!

I reckon it will be a long night under those famous floodlights. ?

1-1, aet, United on pens.

Attendance under 10, 000.

Floodlights that are no longer there.

Duh!

I was in Waverley Station around 5-ish and had just reached the top of the steps on the way out when I heard shouting and singing coming from below. Amongst the raucous ditties being sung was a very enthusiastic version (dunno what words...) of "Hello, Hello" being sung. Imagine my surprise when I got back home and found that it must have been Utd. fans giving it big licks, as they're playing down at the San Giro tonight. 

Someone should break it very gently to Gorgeous George Galloway that the fans of his beloved Dundee Hibernian (as he always like to call them) are in the habit of belting-out such arguably sectarian party songs.

One in the eye for Georgie-Boy, so to speak...   galloway_3022293b.jpg

The tramps seem to be a bit of a counter attacking team.

DU to play them at their own game and nick a tight game by a goal.

chuck berrys hairline

Dundee United win and both teams to score is 7/1 I'm having some of that. Hibs don't deserve to be overwhelming favourites, especially after the shan performance on Sunday.

Unfortunately Hubz will win this. No doubt avoid Celtic in the semi's and even though the semi's are played at a neutral venue they will probably end up being at home!!!!

United improving, Hibs will probably bottle it, not used to being favourites against a bigger team.

Cracking odds on United, I'm in.

Hobboes  2-1   or  2-0.   I have a bet on that, doubled up with a Celtic win tomorrow.. 

Oh dear!    A green double.

Reminds me of my wee nephew's nostrils when he had the cold last  winter.   Ah couldny look. 

I was in Waverley Station around 5-ish and had just reached the top of the steps on the way out when I heard shouting and singing coming from below. Amongst the raucous ditties being sung was a very enthusiastic version (dunno what words...) of "Hello, Hello" being sung. Imagine my surprise when I got back home and found that it must have been Utd. fans giving it big licks, as they're playing down at the San Giro tonight.

Someone should break it very gently to Gorgeous George Galloway that the fans of his beloved Dundee Hibernian (as he always like to call them) are in the habit of belting-out such arguably sectarian party songs.

One in the eye for Georgie-Boy, so to speak...

I was behind them and only heard them sing utd based songs ,bloody noisy for twenty or so of them seemed to be utds version of a young team.

No causing much harm just a bit exited to be in the capital.

Not every version of Hello Hello is sectarian.

The Dundee version is sang about one of their stands at Dens.

Anyone know if its on Alba?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

no football allowed on tv against champions league

I want Hibs to win. Hibs to get to the final, all their fans to get really excited, and then them to get absolutely humped. 5-1 would be cherry on top.

Why on Earth would someone choose to watch Hibernian v Dundee United over something like Bayern Munich v Arsenal?

:cornette:

I could see the reasoning, should you follow Hibernian or Dundee United, but not for a Hearts supporter?

Phil Dunphy, on 04 Nov 2015 - 7:02 PM, said:

Why on Earth would someone choose to watch Hibernian v Dundee United over something like Bayern Munich v Arsenal?

I could see the reasoning, should you follow Hibernian or Dundee United, but not for a Hearts supporter?

because some folk that are Scottish follow Scottish games

ToadKiller Dog

Over hyping Hibernian on the radio , the club is now a places players want to come to .

I expect a united win

because some folk that are Scottish follow Scottish games

Hey, if you want to watch players like Jason Cummings and John Rankin over Alexis Sanchez and Thomas Muller then you wire in.

:laugh:

One in the eye for Georgie-Boy, so to speak... galloway_3022293b.jpg

I thought Galloway was a Celtic fan

Unfortunately the vermin will win this game. I'm fairly well resigned to their next set of home draws being in this season's Scottish Cup against Hutchy Vale and then Cove Rangers.

Phil Dunphy, on 04 Nov 2015 - 7:06 PM, said:

Hey, if you want to watch players like Jason Cummings and John Rankin over Alexis Sanchez and Thomas Muller then you wire in.

:laugh:

well no wonder Scottish football gets crap tv deals when people are tuning into foreign games

Championship team 1

v

Premier team 2 

BTTS & Dundee Utd win 7/1 too good to miss.

Squinty talking bullshit after the game 1/5.

well no wonder Scottish football gets crap tv deals when people are tuning into foreign games

I've no interest in watching any Scottish game that doesn't involve Hearts.

Sorry to disappoint you chief.

don't know anyone who would watch football when the MOBO awards are on but each to.their own

Phil Dunphy, on 04 Nov 2015 - 7:09 PM, said:

I've no interest in watching any Scottish game that doesn't involve Hearts.

Sorry to disappoint you chief.

no probs,just stating a fact

no probs,just stating a fact

Perhaps if Scottish football wasn't utter torture to watch, then the TV deals would be better.

:)

Phil Dunphy, on 04 Nov 2015 - 7:11 PM, said:

Perhaps if Scottish football wasn't utter torture to watch, then the TV deals would be better.

:)

would it matter? think folk would still watch English and foreign games for some reason

would it matter? think folk would still watch English and foreign games for some reason

Probably. You can't expect people to tune into a game that they can expect to be utter shite.

Hardly anyone I know would choose Kilmarnock v Ross County over something like West Ham v Newcastle.

The vermin love in on Sportsound is disgusting. Those raspers will have them winning the Champions League next and Stubo the next world cup winning manager. 

Hibs a place players want to come to  :cornette:

Phil Dunphy, on 04 Nov 2015 - 7:16 PM, said:

Probably. You can't expect people to tune into a game that they can expect to be utter shite.

Hardly anyone I know would choose Kilmarnock v Ross County over something like West Ham v Newcastle.

I would because am interested in football in my country not in another one..just my choice

I would because am interested in football in my country not in another one..just my choice

I'm not sure you realise how small a minority you're in.

Enjoy whatever shite is on BT Sport on Saturday :)

A preview of the play-off final possibly the way both teams are going. Can't wait for the play-offs again - best innovation in Scottish football in a long time.

scott herbertson

My first real job was with Dundee City Council in the early 1980s- I was surprised when I arrived to see a strange flag flying above the Town hall. On asking I was told it was the flag of the PLO - further enquiries made it clear the Deputy Leader of the Council was running the whole place - you can guess his name

A preview of the play-off final possibly the way both teams are going. Can't wait for the play-offs again - best innovation in Scottish football in a long time.

yep although the majority wont watch cause its shite

I think the manky-mob are his first pick, but always bangs on about Dundee Hibernian too.

Archived