Votes needed. (merged)

fabienleclerq

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT would be interested to hear what you would like to change or what you want from FOH.

I appreciate you may like the "experience" but sadly we won't always be filling Tynie as is historical proved so surely something has to be done to keep the fans coming when the results aren't?

In regards to not "giving a feck" about away fans shouldn't we setting the bar so when we travel elsewhere it's a better experience for us?

In your original pitch you made out as if catering for away fans was a priority.

As far as I am concerned the things that need improvement are a new main stand and the quality of the playing squad.

Once the stadium has an increased capacity there will be opportunities to try out some fresh ideas with marketing and hospitality.

You were far to dismissive and disrespectful in the tone of your comments towards the fine work and progress already achieved by the current HMFC board.

One thing I do agree with is the need to try to increase FOH contributions.That is not to say that the fans have not done well they have. Its just that you always need to look to improve.

The suggestions you make for FOH to give incentives to members may well already have been considered and discarded because of the need to avoid taxation .

Because of the way FOH has to operate so ideas that seem obvious may not be possible.

You ask what do I want from FOH the answer is just keep financing the club after the loan has been paid back.

I also think that the 25 nominations rule is bonkers.I would reduce it to 15 but your nominations should be people who know you personally not folk on an internet forum who don't know you from Adam.

Tommiwastheboss

In your original pitch you made out as if catering for away fans was a priority.

As far as I am concerned the things that need improvement are a new main stand and the quality of the playing squad.

Once the stadium has an increased capacity there will be opportunities to try out some fresh ideas with marketing and hospitality.

You were far to dismissive and disrespectful in the tone of your comments towards the fine work and progress already achieved by the current HMFC board.

One thing I do agree with is the need to try to increase FOH contributions.That is not to say that the fans have not done well they have. Its just that you always need to look to improve.

The suggestions you make for FOH to give incentives to members may well already have been considered and discarded because of the need to avoid taxation .

Because of the way FOH has to operate so ideas that seem obvious may not be possible.

You ask what do I want from FOH the answer is just keep financing the club after the loan has been paid back.

I also think that the 25 nominations rule is bonkers.I would reduce it to 15 but your nominations should be people who know you personally not folk on an internet forum who don't know you from Adam.

Thanks for the comments, taken on board. I would dispute that I was disrespectful towards the work of the current HMFC board but as always these things can be misconstrued when they are written rather than spoken about.

I hope to get the opportunity to prove to all that I would be a valued asset to FOH and I would also invite you to contact me if there is anything you would wish to be spoken about should I be successful

Andrew

Tommiwastheboss

Thanks for the comments, taken on board. I would dispute that I was disrespectful towards the work of the current HMFC board but as always these things can be misconstrued when they are written rather than spoken about.

I hope to get the opportunity to prove to all that I would be a valued asset to FOH and I would also invite you to contact me if there is anything you would wish to be spoken about should I be successful

Andrew

The 25 nominations rule is a considerable hurdle but I think we need to get a few candidates to choose from. Andrew has put himself forward as an option. He has some interesting ideas so I think it is worth giving my nomination to him. No-one else asked me to nominate them.

No sign of any other candidate. So I hope Tommi gets his other 5 nominators. It would be deeply embarrasing for the whole FoH project if there isn't more than one, let alone no candidates.

Shouldn't FoH be waiving the 25 nominators requirement?

Maybe others are not canvassing on here? Just a thought.

I'm not sure why it would be "deeply embarrasing for the whole FoH project" if there are no other candidates? If it wasn't for the FoH project - we wouldn't even be here. The project is not only alive & well but positively thriving!

We have a person in charge who is the envy of most other clubs, DDs have not dropped off since the start & we're 3rd in the Premiership after completing the first round of fixtures.

I'm not sure why it would be "deeply embarrasing for the whole FoH project" if there are no other candidates? If it wasn't for the FoH project - we wouldn't even be here. The project is not only alive & well but positively thriving!

We have a person in charge who is the envy of most other clubs, DDs have not dropped off since the start & we're 3rd in the Premiership after completing the first round of fixtures.

I do think it's good to have a few candidates to chose from though.

Surprised too no-one else came forward on here.

There was quite a bit of negativity on the subject but that shouldn't put people off I'd hope. I'd say some people are confusing nomination process and voting which might have been a barrier.

But well done to Andrew. See what happens.

Francis Albert

So you don't think it would matter if FoH didn't have any candidates for election to the FoH board? How exactly do you see FoH being run?

So you don't think it would matter if FoH didn't have any candidates for election to the FoH board? How exactly do you see FoH being run?

Well, I personally know of at least 3 now - only 1 visible on here.

Francis Albert

Good. Look forward to hearing from them.

I Guess you are saying it would matter if there were no candidates?

Good. Look forward to hearing from them.I Guess you are saying it would matter if there were no candidates?

I'm quite happy to wait until the deadline closes - then make up my mind who will be getting my vote.

Francis Albert

I'm quite happy to wait until the deadline closes - then make up my mind who will be getting my vote.

As am I. Nice to have a choice though?

That's good news.

Should be quite interesting now.

Son Of Anarchy

That's good news.

Should be quite interesting now.

Definitely. More candidates bringing more experiences to the table the better.

Tommiwastheboss

Fantastic news, delighted that more people have decided to go for it this time round

Tommiwastheboss

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the discussion and nominations, my application was filed yesterday and now I await further correspondence from FOH regarding the election process.

I am hopeful of lively discussions and open forums on how we go forward in achieving the common goals we share.

Thanks again to all that nominated (not just me but anyone) and please remember to send those emails! In the meantime if you want to ask any questions get in touch

scott herbertson

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the discussion and nominations, my application was filed yesterday and now I await further correspondence from FOH regarding the election process.

I am hopeful of lively discussions and open forums on how we go forward in achieving the common goals we share.

Thanks again to all that nominated (not just me but anyone) and please remember to send those emails! In the meantime if you want to ask any questions get in touch

Well done for your perseverance - I look forward to a more detailed statement from you and the other candidates to help us choose the best person for the job

Congratulations.

I hope when you are putting forward your ideas you refrain from the petty point scoring of suggesting anything at the club is "poor". Instead of slating what's there, tell them what you can offer as a positive.

Tommiwastheboss

Congratulations.

I hope when you are putting forward your ideas you refrain from the petty point scoring of suggesting anything at the club is "poor". Instead of slating what's there, tell them what you can offer as a positive.

Thanks for your comments, I will continue to be honest and frank as that's what is required of the role.

Thanks for your comments, I will continue to be honest and frank as that's what is required of the role.

Completely missing the point. :laugh:

It's your language and confrontational attitude that's wrong. I'm now convinced that irrespective of what you promise you'd be a bad addition as you'd be a "my way or the highway" guy.

fabienleclerq

Completely missing the point. :laugh:

It's your language and confrontational attitude that's wrong. I'm now convinced that irrespective of what you promise you'd be a bad addition as you'd be a "my way or the highway" guy.

Is the point that the club can do nothing wrong and should never be criticised?

:lol: Bighusref calling someone confrontational.

Is the point that the club can do nothing wrong and should never be criticised?

:lol: Bighusref calling someone confrontational.

No, the point (fairly obvious) is that the confrontational language (oops, seems you understood unlike your mate) doesn't do any good. Joining the FoH isn't a chance to have a pop at the club, it's a chance to work with the club, bring new ideas and improve.

Let's remember, whether you think I'm confrontational or not, I'm not putting myself forward for nomination, it's your dude.

Tommiwastheboss

Once again thanks for the comments.

tone and attitude is impossible to communicate over a text format, I appreciate what the HMFC board has done for the club but that's not to say that things cannot be done better

The opportunity is always there to converse with me directly and I would always encourage this for the benefit of those who have questions or queries regarding my comments. Whether or not people take this option is personal preference all I ask is you engage in the process and ask straightforward questions and be willing to accept answers in the same ilk. If your ensure of the answer and it's not clear enough please say

Francis Albert

Tone and attitude is very easily communicated over a text format.

As an example  is the attitude that the slightest hint of criticism or something less than worshipful gratitude is "confrontational".

Anyway great news we have four candidates. Looking forward to hearing all of their pitches.

FoH simply won't work without democratic involvement.

Archived