Votes needed. (merged)

fabienleclerq

fabienleclerq

One of my friends is thinking of applying for the FoH board, I'm sure I wasn't the only one disappointed in the lack of applicants last time. I think a big issue is knowing 25 people that are members. Anyway his background is in hospitality having worked in places like glen eagles and as far away the Middle East. He's also been a manager at places such as Perth racecourse, EICC and now the hydro. I think he'd be an asset but like I said he needs 25 votes to apply any one able to help?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

One of my friends is thinking of applying for the FoH board, I'm sure I wasn't the only one disappointed in the lack of applicants last time. I think a big issue is knowing 25 people that are members. Anyway his background is in hospitality having worked in places like glen eagles and as far away the Middle East. He's also been a manager at places such as Perth racecourse, EICC and now the hydro. I think he'd be an asset but like I said he needs 25 votes to apply any one able to help?

I think if anyone wants to put themselves forwars via jkb then a post from them detailing fully what they bring to the table may help. I know you've posted a wee cv but a bit more depth/detail may well get some backing.

fabienleclerq

I think if anyone wants to put themselves forwars via jkb then a post from them detailing fully what they bring to the table may help. I know you've posted a wee cv but a bit more depth/detail may well get some backing.

He's going to sign up after he's finished work tonight.

So he is not a regular JKB contributor?

Gets my vote!

Jambof3tornado

I understand that not every fan uses or wants to use jkb but it offers a wonderful platform to highlight a desire to be elected.

fabienleclerq

So he is not a regular JKB contributor?

Gets my vote!

Yeah not an arsehole till tonight!

fabienleclerq

I understand that not every fan uses or wants to use jkb but it offers a wonderful platform to highlight a desire to be elected.

Yeah you're right, I still think 25 votes to apply is a lot but hopefully he can convince enough people that he deserves a shot.

fabienleclerq

Maybe we could have a sub forum for FoH stuff?

Then no one will view it.

Son Of Anarchy

Problem is reaching a compromise between enough info to gain the votes and limiting personal details on a public forum.

scott herbertson

Just a couple of paragraphs would do - perhaps a thread could be sticked with no reply function  - couple of paragraphs to the moderators from each person genuinely seeking nomination, which would then be posted by the Mods as from the candidate- people could then PM the candidates if they were happy to nominate

If someone wants people to back them then naturally it will be that they have to disclose who they are, what they are and what they have to offer. It's not something that can be achieved anonymously.

Jambof3tornado

If someone wants people to back them then naturally it will be that they have to disclose who they are, what they are and what they have to offer. It's not something that can be achieved anonymously.

This. Someone willing to put themselves forward IS going to be in the public domain.

I'd have thought that the FoH website should facilitate this. I know we got a chortle out of the (rogues) gallery of Hibs fans that wanted to be the Mickey Mouse supporter rep on their board but I seems that's the best place for hosting this sort of stuff.

Also helps to work out who the roasters are vs the better candidates if you get a chance to see somebodies ability to represent themselves through choice of photo, quality of personal statement, make up and depth of CV etc.

KingsknoweKid

Here is an idea and feel free to shoot it down but it might just work. Folks are right to be concerned about disclosing too much information on JKB for obvious reasons but there is a need to know who you are voting for. There is a business networking site that you might know called LinkedIn that is a good way of seeing folks credentials and getting a feel for their experience and skills.

You can create a private JKB group on there that can be used for this purpose.

Now this would only work if enough folk use LinkedIn and your profiles would need to be up to date but it would be a decent way to get round the challenge here.

Thoughts? (picks up crash helmet!!)

Francis Albert

Anyone standing is going to have to publish details of who they are, their experience and qualifications, and has to produce an election address appealing for votes. So I don't see that publishing this level of detail on JKB should be a problem. There would be no need for a person's home address (except rough location - say "Edinburgh" or "The Lothians"), nor for telephone numbers and such like.

Going back to the OP I am just a bit surprised that anyone committed enough to stand for directorship isn't signed on to JKB. Whatever its faults it is by far the best forum for engaging with or at least hearing the opinions of a wide range of Hearts fans and the best source of news about HMFC. This is especially valuable for those who live remotely from Edinburgh, as the prospective candidate has done in the past. I am not saying being signed on to JKB is a necessary qualification but it just seems a bit odd to me.

Some interesting thoughts on this thread for sure, and as far as the admin team are concerned this is new territory for us too so we'll really have to play it by ear and see how the forum is used (if it is used at all) by members for lobbying or for vote gathering. We'll be having a conversation about it in coming days and will let you know if there's any specific thoughts we have other than just observing the standard rules. I certainly don't expect it to be any sort of issue though. 

difference between nominations = need 25 to stand

and votes to actually get on

OP used word 'vote' but means 'nominations' ?

The LinkedIn idea is a good one.

I wouldn't be voting for anyone without knowing what they intend to bring to the table.

Bridge of Djoum

So he's not an arsehole yet?

Promising.

Here is an idea and feel free to shoot it down but it might just work. Folks are right to be concerned about disclosing too much information on JKB for obvious reasons but there is a need to know who you are voting for. There is a business networking site that you might know called LinkedIn that is a good way of seeing folks credentials and getting a feel for their experience and skills.

You can create a private JKB group on there that can be used for this purpose.

Now this would only work if enough folk use LinkedIn and your profiles would need to be up to date but it would be a decent way to get round the challenge here.

Thoughts? (picks up crash helmet!!)

Good idea. Although I think a FoH group might be better vs. a Kickback group.

Then no one will view it.

What do you mean?  Francis Albert will never be away from it!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

If you want to apply for a position on the FOH board and your level of enthusiasm and intention leads you to seek attention and backing from a forum such as JKB then you dont even deserve a second glance.

If you want to apply for a position on the FOH board and your level of enthusiasm and intention leads you to seek attention and backing from a forum such as JKB then you dont even deserve a second glance.

:oohmatron:

fabienleclerq

He's tried to sign up just waiting for a mod to activate his account.

His LinkedIn is Andrew Leslie Burton if folk want to check it out he's happy for people to look.

He's joining kickback?

He's just lost my vote then

Soon to be Areshole

He's joining kickback?

He's just lost my vote then

Soon to be Areshole

If he's not an arsehole to begin with his words will be twisted to make him out to be an arsehole, so yeh as soon as his first post is made he's an arsehole.

I think that just about sums it up.

The fact you both thought this was an acceptable and promotional piece was a horrendous mistake.

Francis Albert

What a strange post. Why?

Francis Albert

What do you mean?  Francis Albert will never be away from it!

Since I've never seen what this refers to, I will always be away from it.. Was something deleted?

Ed. Since spotted it was a reference to sub-forums. I've always opposed them as a way of killing any discussion. And I've always been away from them.

Francis Albert

The fact you both thought this was an acceptable and promotional piece was a horrendous mistake.

It was a start. I think we should be encouraging potential candidates.

It was a start. I think we should be encouraging potential candidates.

Agreed. But a post along the lines of 'goan vote fir ma mate cos hes a foh member and loved the Gorgie and been oan 8 euro aways. Oh and worked in marketing so is perfect fur it'

We really need much more on so many levels.

fabienleclerq

:lol:

"Horrendous mistake!"

fabienleclerq

Agreed. But a post along the lines of 'goan vote fir ma mate cos hes a foh member and loved the Gorgie and been oan 8 euro aways. Oh and worked in marketing so is perfect fur it'

We really need much more on so many levels.

You seem upset for no apparent reason.

My understanding of the process (I may be wrong, FA?) is you need 25 people to back you then there's a vote by all members to pick the best candidate after they've read your personal statement etc.

Problem is knowing 25 people who pledge to put yourself forward. Making me out to be some chav "vote fur Ma mate" isn't really fair.

you get hassle when you put head above parapet

part of life

best just get on with what you want to do

hope to hear / see more on here soon

My understanding of the process (I may be wrong, FA?) is you need 25 people to back you then theme's a vote by all members to pick the best candidate after they've read your personal statement etc.

Problem is knowing 25 people who pledge to put yourself forward. Making me out to be some chav "vote fur Ma mate" isn't really fair.

I'm not upset in the slightest. But it was incredibly unprofessional to put a mate forward for such a role. Surely you see that? Couldn't person have done it themselves? Couldn't they have posted on Jkb and put themselves forward? But no, a mate comes on and tries to boost their profile.

If you consider what happens every day on this board then you really should understand what I mean. Foh need more than a mates paragraph recommendation on jkb, hopefully.

fabienleclerq

Like I said you need 25 people to put yourself forward then people get to see your statement as well as any others who've been nominated. Then there's a vote for the best candidate.

I think you're being overly critical, he's not on jkb yet and Doesn't know 25 FoH members. i said in the op I was disappointed with the lack of candidates, posters like yourself won't help with that.

Francis Albert

My understanding of the process (I may be wrong, FA?) is you need 25 people to back you then there's a vote by all members to pick the best candidate after they've read your personal statement etc.

You are not wrong. And I'd encourage your mate to make his case. We need candidates, They were lacking last time,

Like I said you need 25 people to put yourself forward then people get to see your statement as well as any others who've been nominated. Then there's a vote for the best candidate.

I think you're being overly critical, he's not on jkb yet and Doesn't know 25 FoH members. i said in the op I was disappointed with the lack of candidates, posters like yourself won't help with that.

It wont help with 'my mate is a blah blah' for sure. I want a cv and statement then I can vote. I'm glad you put someone forward but this place is horrendous at times so I can't easily accept a "my mate' paragraph on jkb and take it seriously. Not your fault, or your mates, just too many 'its only a message board' types which result in this place being a board to be avoided at times.

fabienleclerq

It wont help with 'my mate is a blah blah' for sure. I want a cv and statement then I can vote. I'm glad you put someone forward but this place is horrendous at times so I can't easily accept a "my mate' paragraph on jkb and take it seriously. Not your fault, or your mates, just too many 'its only a message board' types which result in this place being a board to be avoided at times.

That's my point, you get to see a statement and cv of all the candidates then vote for the best one. To get to that stage you need 25 nominations, it's not the case of 25 nominations and you get the job.

If he's not an arsehole to begin with his words will be twisted to make him out to be an arsehole, so yeh as soon as his first post is made he's an arsehole.

When does your campaign begin, Lewis?

This is the problem. Anyone with the requisite skills and real business experience, would not want to be near such a thing. I hope some real people stand, and good luck to them.

KingsknoweKid

Why do I feel this topic is going down a complete negative route?

I can see the need to raise awareness for the required votes. This forum is a good source of information for us all and sometimes, my fellow JKB readers we need to remind ourselves that we are all on the same side.

Lets pull together to find some decent candidates from here and other sources so that we can continue the growth of our great club.

Speech over now vote Kingsknowe Kid!!

Archived