Votes needed. (merged)

fabienleclerq

Only if they are peppering our goal with shots. Which happens more often than I'd like against "shit" and "garbage".

It's usually pass backs to the keeper that make me close my eyes. Still, it's only 'shitey garbage' so no need to worry.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Yes I have signed up. What do you want to know, as leclerq said my full work life is available online if you look at LinkedIn Andrew-Leslie Burton.

I manage venues and events and have done for my whole working life, I am currently the venue operations manager for the SEC Campus in Glasgow and freelance all over the UK and further afield when the opportunity arises.

I believe there is huge opportunity to improve the fan experience at Tynie from changes made to the stewarding, catering and merchandise side of the business and what can be done is dictated by current figures.

I would like to see us become the "away" game or all other clubs similar to what Brighton have done and increase the away tickets sold to ensure Tynie is always sold out. I believe the standard of operation at Tynie for Hearts fans to be lacking and really quite poor, unacceptable in this day and age and this would be my primary focus.

Happy to field queries or ideas.

Andrew

Hi Andrew, I have read a few of your posts - and come across as a decent chap with a bit of life experience.

I don't know how many of the 25 you currently have, but I am happy to support your application..

Im sure you have great experience that may be drawn upon by the Hearts Board, however the areas that you have set out do not align themselves to the FOH Board. It would be good to hear how you feel you and your experience could retain and gain more subscriptions for FOH and also any other ways you could assist with successfully implement the agreement with BlDCO as that is the main brief. 

For me you are the only one that I have heard of that has put there head above the para-pit, so well done for that and i would like to support you in your endeavours to help our club become fan owned, however you need to detail it a bit more for me in-line with the brief.

Tommiwastheboss

[quote name="gowestjambo" post="5053574" timestamp="1444674105

I don't know how many of the 25 you currently have, but I am happy to support your application..

Thanks for that am up to about 15 currently and thankful for your support of you could email me at [email protected] with your name and email address and we can take it from there

Tommiwastheboss

Jambo121 thanks for the comments.

My experience is primarily operational with large financial responsibilities and delivery of operations.

I envisage being involved in creating events and ideas where we can increase the profile of FOH and attempt to convert more supporters into members.

As I have said in an earlier post I am surprised by the amount of supporters who aren't members include people in my social circle, I would like to find out what people's reasons behind it are.

are we asking to much?

Is the process transparent enough for these people?

How can we maximise other investment into the Foundation?

Can we introduce more membership benefits by creating partnerships with local business?

Am also happy to take suggestions and ideas from the supporters as ultimately all of our income will be from this source

My experience is primarily operational with large financial responsibilities and delivery of operations.

I envisage being involved in creating events and ideas where we can increase the profile of FOH and attempt to convert more supporters into members.

As I have said in an earlier post I am surprised by the amount of supporters who aren't members include people in my social circle, I would like to find out what people's reasons behind it are.

are we asking to much?

Can we introduce more membership benefits by creating partnerships with local business?

Am also happy to take suggestions and ideas from the supporters as ultimately all of our income will be from this source

Well done mate, you have my vote, pm me if you need my name etc.

Tommiwastheboss

Well done mate, you have my vote, pm me if you need my name etc.

Thanks your inbox is full, could you email me your name and FOH email address to [email protected] and I will be in touch.

Thanks,

Andrew

are we asking to much?

You seem to be asking a lot of questions and saying what you'd like to do without actually providing examples.  That suggests you are more of a facilitator than an innovator which is more what we need.

Tommiwastheboss

You seem to be asking a lot of questions and saying what you'd like to do without actually providing examples. That suggests you are more of a facilitator than an innovator which is more what we need.

Thanks Jambo Al

I would suggest the following:

1 - Introduction of a student/concession/care of monthly option.

2 - investigate the possibility of donating the "pence of your net pay" as this is proven as a very loyal & sustainable method of donation

3 - investigate how we can assist people who wish to leave the FOH something in their will (will writing etc)

Maximise other investment

1 - corporate partnerships with FOH (offering member benefits to the database) monthly retainer so partner gets opportunity for promotional activity using social media, possible FOH App, website

2 - possible FOH Shop (match days) or permanent range in club shop

3 - FOH football tournament (possible summer) could be boys/girls clubs or supporters clubs or both

Using all areas above improve transparency of what we are doing.

1 - publishing of all FOH minutes including ad hoc

2 - more involvement for members regarding fundraising initiatives

3 - involvement of supporters clubs and buses (possible kickback from bus companies for use and club related fundraising)

Hope this helps and thanks again for your comments

Firstly, I like this sort of thing, gives you a chance to see what somebody would bring.

However, my view on this has two points. Firstly, I'm not all that fussed about the "experience". Unless I can get lager and relatively well priced/quick to serve, I'm not interested what you do at the stalls.

Secondly, I think calling anything the club are currently doing "poor" is a bit off and not the sort of attitudes I'd want to have on the board at FoH. It's a no from me.

I'd love to see more candidates put forward their thoughts.

Tommiwastheboss

Firstly, I like this sort of thing, gives you a chance to see what somebody would bring.

However, my view on this has two points. Firstly, I'm not all that fussed about the "experience". Unless I can get lager and relatively well priced/quick to serve, I'm not interested what you do at the stalls.

Secondly, I think calling anything the club are currently doing "poor" is a bit off and not the sort of attitudes I'd want to have on the board at FoH. It's a no from me.

I'd love to see more candidates put forward their thoughts.

BigHusref

Thanks for your comments, if I wasn't honest about my thoughts and ideas I wouldn't be a suitable candidate for the role. I am sure the club would acknowledge there are parts of the operation that can be improved and are potentially poor but I appreciate that perception is a matter of opinion.

Thanks for taking the time to write in your comments and hopefully if am successful I will be able to make suggestions that overall improve everyone's experience.

Andrew

Thanks Jambo Al

I would suggest the following:

1 - Introduction of a student/concession/care of monthly option.

2 - investigate the possibility of donating the "pence of your net pay" as this is proven as a very loyal & sustainable method of donation

3 - investigate how we can assist people who wish to leave the FOH something in their will (will writing etc)

Maximise other investment

1 - corporate partnerships with FOH (offering member benefits to the database) monthly retainer so partner gets opportunity for promotional activity using social media, possible FOH App, website

2 - possible FOH Shop (match days) or permanent range in club shop

3 - FOH football tournament (possible summer) could be boys/girls clubs or supporters clubs or both

Using all areas above improve transparency of what we are doing.

1 - publishing of all FOH minutes including ad hoc

2 - more involvement for members regarding fundraising initiatives

3 - involvement of supporters clubs and buses (possible kickback from bus companies for use and club related fundraising)

Hope this helps and thanks again for your comments

It certainly does.  Thanks.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If you still need people to nominate you, I'm happy to do so, if only to facilitate an election.

Tommiwastheboss

If you still need people to nominate you, I'm happy to do so, if only to facilitate an election.

Thanks Geoff if you could email me at [email protected] and I can advise from there the next step.

Kindest,

Andrew

Tommiwastheboss

It certainly does. Thanks.

Am glad, either way if you have any other questions or anything please just ask

Tommiwastheboss

It certainly does. Thanks.

Am glad, either way if you have any other questions or anything please just ask

The running of the club is a matter for the Board of HMFC and not something that FOH should be dabbling in, even after it gains control of the club from BidCo. It is important that demarcation lines aren't blurred.

Yes, by all means FOH can and should offer a strategic overview but it should not involve itself in day to day running issues.

Francis Albert

The running of the club is a matter for the Board of HMFC and not something that FOH should be dabbling in, even after it gains control of the club from BidCo. It is important that demarcation lines aren't blurred.

Yes, by all means FOH can and should offer a strategic overview but it should not involve itself in day to day running issues.

I bore people by banging on about this but from posts on here there are quite a few for whom the "lunatics taking over the asylum" fear is a negative in relation to the FoH project. There is quite a common misconception that letting Ann continue to run the club is inconsistent with FOH majority ownership. I know FoH need to spend a lot of time on the detail of governance and get it right but for me a broad statement of the fundamental principles is overdue, including the definition of the respective roles of FoH Board and Club Board. Of course that might put off a few people who really want day to day FoH control , but that would be outweighed by putting others minds at rest. Maybe a point Andrew and any other candidates could pick up?

Tommiwastheboss

I bore people by banging on about this but from posts on here there are quite a few for whom the "lunatics taking over the asylum" fear is a negative in relation to the FoH project. There is quite a common misconception that letting Ann continue to run the club is inconsistent with FOH majority ownership. I know FoH need to spend a lot of time on the detail of governance and get it right but for me a broad statement of the fundamental principles is overdue, including the definition of the respective roles of FoH Board and Club Board. Of course that might put off a few people who really want day to day FoH control , but that would be outweighed by putting others minds at rest. Maybe a point Andrew and any other candidates could pick up?

Some really good points, from a personal perspective one of the biggest roles for me that FOH should bring is what the fans would like to see even when Bidco take over, the board of HMFC is and should always be capable and qualified to ensure that a competitive strategic plan and vision is in place and that the right people are in place to deliver such plans otherwise we could slip into the disaster of the previous regime.

My intention as a board member of FOH is to bring these things to the table and investigate possibilities and opportunities that arise. I currently am very happy in the full time job I do and would have no desire at this time to work in a full time position with HMFC, that may change in the future if I felt it was beneficial to both parties but my canvassing of support to be a FOH board member is a totally different subject.

This forum certainly brings together a cross thread of ideas and engaging with all those pro & FOH hesitant need to talk, by engaging better with those who are unsure we will only increase contributors to the cause.

Tommiwastheboss

Good luck to the fella. Least he has the balls to actually come out and do it.

Still a couple of nominations short if you want to lend a hand?

All you have to do is email me at [email protected] from the email address you get FOH stuff to then if I get the numbers needed, read my pitch and either vote for me or not?

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Still a couple of nominations short if you want to lend a hand?

All you have to do is email me at [email protected] from the email address you get FOH stuff to then if I get the numbers needed, read my pitch and either vote for me or not?

I'd like to challenge you and any other potential candidates.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Some really good points, from a personal perspective one of the biggest roles for me that FOH should bring is what the fans would like to see even when Bidco take over, the board of HMFC is and should always be capable and qualified to ensure that a competitive strategic plan and vision is in place and that the right people are in place to deliver such plans otherwise we could slip into the disaster of the previous regime.

My intention as a board member of FOH is to bring these things to the table and investigate possibilities and opportunities that arise. I currently am very happy in the full time job I do and would have no desire at this time to work in a full time position with HMFC, that may change in the future if I felt it was beneficial to both parties but my canvassing of support to be a FOH board member is a totally different subject.

This forum certainly brings together a cross thread of ideas and engaging with all those pro & FOH hesitant need to talk, by engaging better with those who are unsure we will only increase contributors to the cause.

Do you know who Bidco are?

Tommiwastheboss

I'd like to challenge you and any other potential candidates.

Well hopefully I can get enough nominations to make it a reality, you got your 25 or do you need a hand?? Happy to nominate you if needed

Tommiwastheboss

Do you know who Bidco are?

Yes sorry was a mistake in my post and I don't know how to edit properly as am new here, my apologies

Bungalow Bill

The running of the club is a matter for the Board of HMFC and not something that FOH should be dabbling in, even after it gains control of the club from BidCo.

The running of the club isn't something FoH should be dabbling in once FoH are the owners? Sorry you've lost me. You don't want the owners dabbling with the running of the club?

The board of HMFC will be voted for and appointed by FoH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francis Albert

The running of the club isn't something FoH should be dabbling in once FoH are the owners? Sorry you've lost me. You don't want the owners dabbling with the running of the club?

The board of HMFC will be voted for and appointed by FoH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it all depends on what you mean by "dabbling". Obviously appointing the club board and holding them accountable. But decisions about managers/coaches, team selection and tactics should not be a matter for FoH. It's really odd that this should still be in doubt.

Francis Albert

So far we have one potential candidate. It would be disappointing if we didn't have more and if FoH didn't make a push to encourage more if we don't have more.

Yes sorry was a mistake in my post and I don't know how to edit properly as am new here, my apologies

What did you mean to say?

Tommiwastheboss

What did you mean to say?

m

What people want to see when FOH take over, what people forget to remember is that FOH isn't the democratic process people suspect since 3 board members have never been voted in and should need to reapply soon as they will have been in position.

Tommiwastheboss

Hi all, I am up to 20 nominees and need 5 more to run for the FOH board, in the interest of democracy please help me get another 5 nominees.

All you have to do is email me at [email protected] from the email address you use for FOH correspondence and I will let you know the process from there. You only need to send 2 emails to shape the future of FOH.

Become involved in the process and help shape the future of HMFC

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Francis Albert

No sign of any other candidate. So I hope Tommi gets his other 5 nominators. It would be deeply embarrasing for the whole FoH project if there isn't more than one, let alone no candidates.

Shouldn't FoH be waiving the 25 nominators requirement?

No sign of any other candidate. So I hope Tommi gets his other 5 nominators. It would be deeply embarrasing for the whole FoH project if there isn't more than one, let alone no candidates.

Shouldn't FoH be waiving the 25 nominators requirement?

I hope there is more candidates as I don't agree with Tommi's ideas at all.

I like the match day experience at Tynecastle and don't give a feck about away fans. We are near enough filling our ground every week so we must be doing something right. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I think the 25 nominations rule needs ditched otherwise a totally unsuitable person could walk into a place on FOH board.

I am not in a position to stand before anyone asks.

Tommiwastheboss

I like the match day experience at Tynecastle and don't give a feck about away fans. We are near enough filling our ground every week so we must be doing something right. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I think the 25 nominations rule needs ditched otherwise a totally unsuitable person could walk into a place on FOH board.

IT would be interested to hear what you would like to change or what you want from FOH.

I appreciate you may like the "experience" but sadly we won't always be filling Tynie as is historical proved so surely something has to be done to keep the fans coming when the results aren't?

In regards to not "giving a feck" about away fans shouldn't we setting the bar so when we travel elsewhere it's a better experience for us?

Tommiwastheboss

One of the first things I plan to suggest is a change in the election system.

The proposal:

1 - All potential candidates must supply a 500 word statement of intent (which you do now if you get enough noms) these are then privately published to an online portal only accesibile to FOH members)

2 - over a set time period these can be viewed and FOH members have the opportunity to "nominate one of the potential candidates

3 - from that a select number (tbc) and based on a minimum amount of votes will be taken to a second stage where they pitch to members properly including meetings/Q&A etc aswell as having a dedicated platform where questions can be submitted to them in advance online

4 - voting by all members for the preferred candidate who must receive a percentage of the vote, this can be done by eliminating the lowest voted member in each round

Would this process be of interest of members or is there a better alternative?

Apologies for this - little bit of a tangent - anyone know if you can still put people forward if you've had to temporarily suspend contributions?

Francis Albert

I tend to agree with you on the "match day experience" stuff. For me the experience is watching the match. The peripherals I can handle myself - I'd rather eat, drink and meet in places outside the ground than in an uncomfortable concourse with expensive crap food and drinks. I'd hate football to become like some American sports where it is the game that often seems peripheral. But the new director will be one of 6 and the FoH board will have no responsibility for the "match day experience" for years, and I think never will be directly responsible. I think it is refreshing to see a candidate interact directly with people on here and who recognises that there are things that could be done to improve the way FoH is run and the way it interacts with its members. It will be a shame if we don't have a choice of candidates but one is much preferable to none.

Francis Albert

Apologies for this - little bit of a tangent - anyone know if you can still put people forward if you've had to temporarily suspend contributions?

I think the definition of a member is someone with an active Direct Debit.

I think the definition of a member is someone with an active Direct Debit.

Cheers, thought as much but couldn't find confirmation on the FoH website

Tommiwastheboss

Looking for anymore nominations so I can hit the seemingly unachievable 25. Need to finalise my application tomorrow

Son Of Anarchy

Looking for anymore nominations so I can hit the seemingly unachievable 25. Need to finalise my application tomorrow

If your still short I shall oblige mate.

Archived