Votes needed. (merged)

fabienleclerq

It wont help with 'my mate is a blah blah' for sure. I want a cv and statement then I can vote. I'm glad you put someone forward but this place is horrendous at times so I can't easily accept a "my mate' paragraph on jkb and take it seriously. Not your fault, or your mates, just too many 'its only a message board' types which result in this place being a board to be avoided at times.

6 posts, and two of them contain the word "horrendous".

You clearly view jkb and have strong opinions but have decided *now* is the time to jump in with both feet and have a go...bizarre behaviour.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 posts, and two of them contain the word "horrendous".

You clearly view jkb and have strong opinions but have decided *now* is the time to jump in with both feet and have a go...bizarre behaviour.

I think Fabien and I talked it out and agree we want the same or certainly similar things and I wish his mate all the best. I also hope there are a few more applications.

As for checking post counts and words.......horrendous behaviour.

I think Fabien and I talked it out and agree we want the same or certainly similar things and I wish his mate all the best. I also hope there are a few more applications.

:yas:

I'm not counting posts, I just thought it was weird that you thought this was the moment - of all the moments - to jump in.

Carry on... :tiny:

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I'd love to stand as a voice for the 16-21 age group, possibly something a bit different as I work within the education sector.

Plenty of ideas, but I'd be shot down in an instant.

I'd love to stand as a voice for the 16-21 age group, possibly something a bit different as I work within the education sector.

Interesting, and it would be a shame to discount the views of someone based purely on age, but I have my doubts you would find it easy to get the necessary votes.

Nothing to stop you lobbying the eventual winning candidate, I suppose?

Interesting, and it would be a shame to discount the views of someone based purely on age, but I have my doubts you would find it easy to get the necessary votes.

Nothing to stop you lobbying the eventual winning candidate, I suppose?

Here's an idea, why don't you put your ideas/thoughts on paper, maybe you may get enough votes to stand, or maybe someone from FOH or a candidate will pick up on some of them and contact you for more input, as they say the young are our future

A person good enough and capable enough to be on the board of a business would not need to whore his/herself on a public forum for 25 votes or have a friend do it for them which is even worse.

If he has a good enough CV for the position then the CV should speak for itself in order that he is either asked to stand and/or he would know at least 25 people personally to get their votes.

In the words of Mr Bannatyne "I'm out"

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Some harsh views. You lot can be such a tough crowd sometimes. :)

Speaking for myself as an FOH member (rather than JKB admin!) I applaud any creative efforts made by candidates to engage with supporters. To me, that's one of the most important elements...their willingness to identify ways and means of speaking to and hearing from people they wouldn't necessarily meet in their own social circle as part of the HMFC community. In the past, one of the main criticisms of representatives has been their narrow, insular, cliquey approach and I for one definitely welcome any attempts made by candidates and elected reps to avoid falling into that trap. Social media and digital comms are important in that respect and JKB is as good a platform as any to share your plans and thoughts or hear similar from other people. In fact, while it's most certainly not always the easy option it's certainly one of the most effective ways of speaking to a large number of supporters at any one time IMHO. 

Interesting times anyway. 

Some harsh views. You lot can be such a tough crowd sometimes. :)

Speaking for myself as an FOH member (rather than JKB admin!) I applaud any creative efforts made by candidates to engage with supporters. To me, that's one of the most important elements...their willingness to identify ways and means of speaking to and hearing from people they wouldn't necessarily meet in their own social circle as part of the HMFC community. In the past, one of the main criticisms of representatives has been their narrow, insular, cliquey approach and I for one definitely welcome any attempts made by candidates and elected reps to avoid falling into that trap. Social media and digital comms are important in that respect and JKB is as good a platform as any to share your plans and thoughts or hear similar from other people. In fact, while it's most certainly not always the easy option it's certainly one of the most effective ways of speaking to a large number of supporters at any one time IMHO.

Interesting times anyway.

We live in a digital age & while I agree with your sentiments, I think some of the responses to this thread may have put potential candidates off.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Barry McGonnigle used JKB as a tool for canvassing?

I know now he was the only candidate to stand but he couldn't have known that at the time.

I suppose it depends on how these things are moderated on here? Not everyone will personally know 25 FoH members that will nominate them so this site may have the potential to overcome that.

As far as I am concerned JKB is one of the best places to put forward a pitch.

Pretty stupid to think otherwise to be honest.

Son Of Anarchy

Agreed. The majority of us want what's best for Hearts so what's wrong with touting a prospective candidate for FOH? Good luck to him.

Francis Albert

We live in a digital age & while I agree with your sentiments, I think some of the responses to this thread may have put potential candidates off.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Barry McGonnigle used JKB as a tool for canvassing?

I know now he was the only candidate to stand but he couldn't have known that at the time.

I suppose it depends on how these things are moderated on here? Not everyone will personally know 25 FoH members that will nominate them so this site may have the potential to overcome that.

Barry did post a few times on here but must surely have known when nominations closed that canvassing was hardly necessary!

I know FoH directors have (rightly) received so far barely a word of criticism but everything won't always go as swimmingly as it has so far and unpopular decisions will from time to time have to be made. If potential candidates are put off by a bit of negative talk on a message board then I'd suggest the job was probably not for them. It's a football club. Criticism and even a level of personal abuse comes with the territory as previous directors, not to mention players and managers know.

Barry did post a few times on here but must surely have known when nominations closed that canvassing was hardly necessary!

I know FoH directors have (rightly) received so far barely a word of criticism but everything won't always go as swimmingly as it has so far and unpopular decisions will from time to time have to be made. If potential candidates are put off by a bit of negative talk on a message board then I'd suggest the job was probably not for them. It's a football club. Criticism and even a level of personal abuse comes with the territory as previous directors, not to mention players and managers know.

Hmmm...not sure thatshould ever be tolerated towards a FoH director.

If I was standing, I would at least expect the 'abuser' to have the guts to use his own name and show his face, rather than hiding behind a username.

and although I know it can be tough, seeing through criticism is just part of the internet / social media age

put your head above the parapet and you will be shot at

plenty people on here are willing to listen probably the vast majority

A person good enough and capable enough to be on the board of a business would not need to whore his/herself on a public forum for 25 votes or have a friend do it for them which is even worse.

If he has a good enough CV for the position then the CV should speak for itself in order that he is either asked to stand and/or he would know at least 25 people personally to get their votes.

In the words of Mr Bannatyne "I'm out"

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

In your first scenario, how would people become aware of the potential candidates CV, in order to nominate them?

I'm not sure I personally know 25 FOH members, or that 25 would know my CV...not that I am suggesting I want to stand, but I am just wondering how people become aware of potential candidates other than through a public forum, if they don't know them personally.

Tommiwastheboss

Hi all,

Yes I have signed up. What do you want to know, as leclerq said my full work life is available online if you look at LinkedIn Andrew-Leslie Burton.

I manage venues and events and have done for my whole working life, I am currently the venue operations manager for the SEC Campus in Glasgow and freelance all over the UK and further afield when the opportunity arises.

I believe there is huge opportunity to improve the fan experience at Tynie from changes made to the stewarding, catering and merchandise side of the business and what can be done is dictated by current figures.

I would like to see us become the "away" game or all other clubs similar to what Brighton have done and increase the away tickets sold to ensure Tynie is always sold out. I believe the standard of operation at Tynie for Hearts fans to be lacking and really quite poor, unacceptable in this day and age and this would be my primary focus.

Happy to field queries or ideas.

Andrew

Hi all,

Yes I have signed up. What do you want to know, as leclerq said my full work life is available online if you look at LinkedIn Andrew-Leslie Burton.

I manage venues and events and have done for my whole working life, I am currently the venue operations manager for the SEC Campus in Glasgow and freelance all over the UK and further afield when the opportunity arises.

I believe there is huge opportunity to improve the fan experience at Tynie from changes made to the stewarding, catering and merchandise side of the business and what can be done is dictated by current figures.

I would like to see us become the "away" game or all other clubs similar to what Brighton have done and increase the away tickets sold to ensure Tynie is always sold out. I believe the standard of operation at Tynie for Hearts fans to be lacking and really quite poor, unacceptable in this day and age and this would be my primary focus.

Andrew

Andrew , I do not want to appear to be negative towards you, but I cannot agree with you regarding selling more away tickets if by that you mean more to either rangers or celtic. 

Surely the aim should be to ensure that Tynecastle is packed out every week by our supporters, and if that means less away supporters, then so be it. I would be happy to give all away supports the minimum required by the rules if we could sell the rest of the tickets.

Good luck to you in your "campaign".

Tommiwastheboss

The last thing I would do is give more tickets to the old firm, there's an opportunity to ensure that the rest of the SPFL always sell out their allocation of a max of 2 sections in the roseburn which teams rarely do, if I recall correctly the segregation area is 2 sections which I presume is the minimum allocation. My preference would be to accommodate away fans where the Stuttgart fans were above section N but we need to offer a product other teams don't to ensure Tynie is the away game of choice

Tommiwastheboss

Am sure a reduction in ticket costs is high on many fans wish list, something like this can only be achieved by maximising the match day revenue from other sources like catering and merchandise and by reducing realtime costs like stewarding etc.

We need to remember that the majority of our income comes from ticket sales and tv revenue so it would be highly unlikely this would occur, I would happily investigate this properly though to see if it would be possible, this would be done in conjunction with improving our match day experience which could also make the ticket price appear better value for money.

What I don't remember ever being asked is what we can do to make the experience better

Am sure a reduction in ticket costs is high on many fans wish list, something like this can only be achieved by maximising the match day revenue from other sources like catering and merchandise and by reducing realtime costs like stewarding etc.

We need to remember that the majority of our income comes from ticket sales and tv revenue so it would be highly unlikely this would occur, I would happily investigate this properly though to see if it would be possible, this would be done in conjunction with improving our match day experience which could also make the ticket price appear better value for money.

What I don't remember ever being asked is what we can do to make the experience better

I know this is outwith the clubs control, but perhaps stewards with better training and common sense would mean we wouldn't need as many of them to stand about doing nothing for the game.

Tommiwastheboss

I know this is outwith the clubs control, but perhaps stewards with better training and common sense would mean we wouldn't need as many of them to stand about doing nothing for the game.

Tommiwastheboss

Hi Phil

Stewarding numbers are largely dictated by the emergency services as the stewards are predominantly there as an evacuation purpose only, that's not to say that the standard is at an acceptable level and that the level of staffing is correct.

Francis Albert

Crowds this season and last suggest the priority is not improving the "match day experience". Or reducing ticket prices.

Francis Albert

Hi all,

Andrew

Maybe you haven't noticed but Tynecastle is currently usually sold out, largely because the away allocation has been reduced to accommodate home fans.

Francis Albert

The last thing I would do is give more tickets to the old firm, there's an opportunity to ensure that the rest of the SPFL always sell out their allocation of a max of 2 sections in the roseburn which teams rarely do, if I recall correctly the segregation area is 2 sections which I presume is the minimum allocation. My preference would be to accommodate away fans where the Stuttgart fans were above section N but we need to offer a product other teams don't to ensure Tynie is the away game of choice

The segregation is about six rows from one section. Have you been to Tynecastle recently?

So we could get more than capacity crowds?

For better value for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francis Albert

For better value for money.

But at present the capacity sets a limit, doesn't it?

But at present the capacity sets a limit, doesn't it?

Not on the representation of the product quality and the money asked for that product, no.

Francis Albert

Not on the representation of the product quality and the money asked for that product, no.

We are selling out for every game. Despite the "representation of the product quality and the money asked for that product"

Of course if we had a bigger capacity we might sell even more seats. But we don't.

We are selling out for every game. Despite the "representation of the product quality and the money asked for that product"

Of course if we had a bigger capacity we might sell even more seats. But we don't.

I'm not sure why you're not getting this, so I'll dumb it down for you.

Scottish football is shit. Paying ?25 to watch garbage like Ross County is a joke. So I'd like to see a reduction in ticket prices to reflect the standard of football on view.

Nothing to do with getting more people in the door.

I trust this simple explanation was basic enough for you to comprehend.

Scottish football is shit. Paying ?25 to watch garbage like Ross County is a joke. So I'd like to see a reduction in ticket prices to reflect the standard of football on view.

The reality is though that, whatever the capacity, any club will pitch prices to maximise income. Also, if we aren't selling our tickets we'll be happy for bigger numbers of away supporters.

Tommiwastheboss

Mr Albert, I can guarantee you we are not "selling out" every week, the attendance includes all season tickets whether they attend or not.

Also the away section is never totally sold out, there needs to be a system in place to ensure that we maximise opportunities such as season ticket holders unable to attend (simplifying the process as rewarding the season ticket holder for allowing us to resell the ticket as I understand it's not the easiest having not done it myself though just listening to others)

This is also your opportunity to tell us what your priorities are yet you have decided to instead bombard the thread with negativity, what do YOU want to see happen?

Sport faces a massive struggle to attract youth each week to live events as there are much more attractive spaces to spend their money. This is why the match day experience needs to attend, sadly the pie and bovril experience doesn't cut it nowadays, the younger demographic are lately drawn to brand loyalty and such things that carry, dare I say it, pretentious ideals behind them. It's all about image and sadly their designer jackets covered in pie grease isn't the way forward.

Francis Albert

Mr Albert, I can guarantee you we are not "selling out" every week, the attendance includes all season tickets whether they attend or not.

Also the away section is never totally sold out, there needs to be a system in place to ensure that we maximise opportunities such as season ticket holders unable to attend (simplifying the process as rewarding the season ticket holder for allowing us to resell the ticket as I understand it's not the easiest having not done it myself though just listening to others)

This is also your opportunity to tell us what your priorities are yet you have decided to instead bombard the thread with negativity, what do YOU want to see happen?

Sport faces a massive struggle to attract youth each week to live events as there are much more attractive spaces to spend their money. This is why the match day experience needs to attend, sadly the pie and bovril experience doesn't cut it nowadays, the younger demographic are lately drawn to brand loyalty and such things that carry, dare I say it, pretentious ideals behind them. It's all about image and sadly their designer jackets covered in pie grease isn't the way forward.

With your hospitality experience, how many of the organisations you worked for regularly operated at 95% plus capacity?

I agree ST holders should share in the proceeds of their resold seats.

Francis Albert

Thanks - you've certainly dumbed it down. Why not write to Ann and suggest she announce we are dropping our prices because the "product" she is offering is garbage/shit.

And I don't pay to watch Ross County. I pay to watch Hearts.

Tommiwastheboss

I agree with the sentiment but I doubt the true figure is anywhere near 95%. The issue with the hospitality arrangement is that it's poor and the actual amount of people who utilise the facilities will be less than 50%. We can do things to improve this by improving offerings and service. It's not really about being happy with how much we are making its about the potential on what we could be.

What would you like to see FOH do or are you happy with the status quo?

boabyarsebiscuit

I am not sure that football fits into a one-size fits all scenario where experience in other entertainment types necessarily transfers over. Perhaps in the case of the hospitality packages on offer, but right now I personally think Hearts hospitality is truly excellent and compares very well (on price and service) not only with other Scottish clubs offerings but also in comparison to some English hospitality products. I commend the poster putting himself forward, and have no issues with digital media being used to get a message out. Perhaps the answer is for the FoH to set up an online hustings on their (our) own website?

However the overall message on the "improvement" of the match day experience for away fans I don't get, unless we're talking about some general Scotland wide campaign to lower ticket prices, and even then in today's "football as a business" model I don't see how that can happen without some sponsor subsidising it so clubs don't lose out on revenue, e.g. "Tesco tickets for kids" or somesuch.

I'm well up for hearing other pitches from potential candidates however.

Hi Phil

Stewarding numbers are largely dictated by the emergency services as the stewards are predominantly there as an evacuation purpose only, that's not to say that the standard is at an acceptable level and that the level of staffing is correct.

What is the actual cost of stewarding at Tynie?

Would any fans do it on an unpaid/voluntary basis if it was for safety reasons?

(Don't expect you to know that of course, but just curious to know if anyone does)

Thanks - you've certainly dumbed it down. Why not write to Ann and suggest she announce we are dropping our prices because the "product" she is offering is garbage/shit.

And I don't pay to watch Ross County. I pay to watch Hearts.

You pay money to watch Hearts play teams like Ross County.

Or do you shut your eyes every time the other team touches the ball?

scott herbertson

Tommy - some interesting points re increasing revenue from away fans. I do agree there are some games - killing, Motherwell Inverness etc where this might be profitable and there is no doubt the match day experience is better for home fans is better when there ire a god bunch of away fans cheering their team on as well ( this excludes the OF of course)

Two thoughts from me

Firstly the biggest wastage in terms of seats unsold is now the cup competitions so a priority would be how to attract home and away fans to these. Not helped by horrible scheduling by e authorities and next to no product marketing

Secondly how about setting a cut off point for away teams to take up their allocation and after that selling the unused seats to tourists - I realise there are potential problems with this in terms of safety but it is an untapped market and might be worthwhile for the mor low key games

Until there are other revenue streams cutting ticket prices will reduce income and, all things being equal, will reduce the quality of players being signed.

While we'd all like lower ticket prices it isn't as simple as that, while the product might be "garbage" we're not exactly being run at a profit so to reduce income we would also have to reduce expenditure and the simplest way of doing that is via player sales or lowering wages. Both of which will have a negative impact on the "garbage" on display.

The only practical way of decreasing tickets prices is by increasing income from sponsorship and TV revenue and both of them are extremely unlikely mainly due to those associated with Celtic repeatedly calling the SPL shite and talking of moving to England.

Tommiwastheboss

This is exactly the kind of discussion thats required, some good ideas here already.

Cup games indeed are a killer for revenue as often you have additional costs such as floodlighting etc.

I actually do believe that we should be looking for an agreement with other clubs including reduced prices fro away fans which I know will benefit other clubs perhaps better due to our fan base (this could help us on the park however with better backing) but we also need to have a joint up approach to stewarding and other costs as we coul drive costs down with a bigger contract across 3/4/12 clubs.

These are some of the things I would like to investigate further as part of the FoH

Francis Albert

I agree with the sentiment but I doubt the true figure is anywhere near 95%. The issue with the hospitality arrangement is that it's poor and the actual amount of people who utilise the facilities will be less than 50%. We can do things to improve this by improving offerings and service. It's not really about being happy with how much we are making its about the potential on what we could be.

What would you like to see FOH do or are you happy with the status quo?

I am quite happy with the way the club is run at present. I think the focus on the issue of redeveloping the main stand/ground is right. The scope for improving (or more to the point because the current packages are excellent, expanding) hospitality or improving the "match day experience"is limited until that happens. For the next two or three years the issues you have raised will be matters for the club board not FoH and even after ownership is transferred I'd see the detail being a matter primarily for the club board not the FoH board. For me the FoH task for the term of the new elected Director of FoH is primarily maintaining membership numbers and pledges and putting in place the right structure - including questions of the division of responsibilities and relationship between the FoH board and the club board.

Francis Albert

Only if they are peppering our goal with shots. Which happens more often than I'd like against "shit" and "garbage".

Tommiwastheboss

Thanks for the input Francis, I will take that on board and would happily advocate and look to attempt to implement your wishes to the FOH board should I be fortunate to run for election.

During this process I have also been surprised at the amount of hearts supporters that aren't members of FOH so I would like to address this also as we are perhaps not getting the message to a lot of our support

Archived