Vuckic - released from club

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

The boy has been released from NUFC.

Quite liked him, good skill, quite a big lad as well and actually worked hard for the team the times I seen him

Single handidly kept Rangers in the play - off postions last year when it looked like Falkirk/ QOS might even catch them.

We don't need wingers just now, however we might lose Walker this year, Is he worth a punt, is he in our reach budget wise?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Basil Hayden

He wouldn't kick a ball in the first team.

much like their last signing, just for the fun of it

Phil D. Corners

Good player and rangers would do well to get him back.

However..... I don't think they can afford him!

Bit strange up to now that no one has come in to take him on even with a small fee involved.

If Rangers did not make a move I would be surprised though it is a new management team in place and of course his salary may be an issue

Top player of all our competitors in the Championship last season, take him in a heartbeat if we can afford him.

Also good sell on possibilities too, so fits the bill!

Regular John

Thought Vukic looked pretty good, if we never had so many decent attackers I'd say go for him.

Not sure whose the most dangerous of of him and Ciftci. Vukic not as much in a bitey sense, but potentially a better striker, 

Ken. He made no impact against is whatsoever.

:cornette:

What he scored whilst being 'marked' by a hapless McHattie in the dead rubber, does that mean he is great?

What he scored whilst being 'marked' by a hapless McHattie in the dead rubber, does that mean he is great?

He's better than a lot of SPL players.

I can't be arsed. He's a good player and I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Fair enough. I don't rate the guy, don't think his career will amount to much, but we'll just have to wait and see.

With El Hass out and Anderson clearly low on the pecking order, we could do much worse than go for him. Wages might be a stumbling block, but no harm making him an offer

Looked a decent player last season, certainly one of the few successes in Rangers team.  As for us going for him, I'll leave that to Craig and Robbie to decide.  

Heard Rangers have signed him and ended their interest in Stevie May. May's now coming to us.

Not heard. Made up I meant.

Great, great player.  I'd imagine he's probably already agreed a return to RFC, and asked Newcastle to release him so they don't have to pay a fee. 

Find it very surprising some english team wouldn't have parted with ?500k or something for Vuckic. Definitely has something.

He is on ?20,000 a week. Not going to happen!

My guess he's on zero per week...........he's just been released!

The People's Chimp

Find it very surprising some english team wouldn't have parted with ?500k or something for Vuckic. Definitely has something.

Yeah a very good player, will be snapped up quickly I'd imagine.

Probably end up at a team like Brentford or Hull who could do with an extra forward/Creative attacker to assist the promotion attempt.

Single handidly kept Rangers in the play - off postions last year when it looked like Falkirk/ QOS might even catch them.

He did look decent. Not sure about this bit, though. Even if QOS had overtaken them, they would still have been in the playoffs. Falkirk were about fifteen points behind Rangers. While he was good for them, I'm confident Rangers would still have made it into the top four.

without him Rangers were missing the play offs they were that bad - he carried them though maybe dropped off a bit in play offs

decent prospect, he'll get something

Great, great player. I'd imagine he's probably already agreed a return to RFC, and asked Newcastle to release him so they don't have to pay a fee.

Good player but hardly a "Great, great" player

without him Rangers were missing the play offs they were that bad - he carried them though maybe dropped off a bit in play offs

decent prospect, he'll get something

He didn't turn up in the play offs at all, was made to look average in a number of games. One trick pony springs to mind.

No chance he'll be back at Rangers either.

"Great, great player"

:rofl:

Have to admit i genuinely laughed out loud when i read that, just imagining someone standing in a pub telling folk Haris Vuckic is a great, great player :rofl:

Would be a good addition to the squad IMO. What struck me about him at Rangers was his great finishing from half chances and tight angles.

Friend of mine who supports Newcastle and detests Sevco said he was disappointed they loaned him last year and didn't give him a chance. Holds him in high regard and thinks Ashley didn't like him.

Rangers won't be able to resist breaking their own rules on overpaying, especially after Scott Allan...as for us, it is totally contrary to our strategy to take players FROM English premiership.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Have to admit i genuinely laughed out loud when i read that, just imagining someone standing in a pub telling folk Haris Vuckic is a great, great player :rofl:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think he's a good player. However...

:cornette:

:gok:

:facepalm:

The worst troll on Kickback just resorted to the online equivalent of shitting on his hand and wiping it in his hair to get the attention he craves. :rofl:

Archived