Vuckic - released from club

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers won't be able to resist breaking their own rules on overpaying, especially after Scott Allan...as for us, it is totally contrary to our strategy to take players FROM English premiership.

Think this could be the sticking point, wages. He'll have to take a big cut to end up back at Ibrox.

Could be worth it though to put himself back in the window for a move back to Premiership.

Chris Benoit

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Not sure what kind of money Rangers are chucking around on wages now but I'd doubt after a pretty stop start career so far he'd want to go play at a lower level even if it is only for a year.

Chris Benoit

Rangers won't be able to resist breaking their own rules on overpaying, especially after Scott Allan...as for us, it is totally contrary to our strategy to take players FROM English premiership.

You mean like Sow?

You mean like Sow?

And Howlett-Mundell, and Alexander. 

All from the same PREMIERSHIP club.

Would get into all 12 SPL squads and be a guaranteed starter for at least 9 clubs and in contention to start most games at 11 of 12.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The guy is a goalscoring threat so I would be interested. However, if we do have any funds for another player we should be looking at central midfield.

He's a really good player, but I'd be surprised if he came back up here. He'll get picked up by a championship side in England I would think.

The People's Chimp

Think this could be the sticking point, wages. He'll have to take a big cut to end up back at Ibrox.

Could be worth it though to put himself back in the window for a move back to Premiership.

I think rangers are still paying some bigger wages but not ?20k a week wages. As you say a potential sticking point. But, he seems to be posting a lot of rangers stuff on Twitter.

The Great Khali

Would only be interested if we end up selling someone like walker.

Would obviously rather keep walker.

Basil Hayden

You like Celtic? Just for the fun of it?

I like laughing at rangers for the fun of it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CRWJambo1991

Type of player you dont want in the dressing room, has a big gob on him.

Decent enough footballer ?though

Would only be interested if we end up selling someone like walker.

Would obviously rather keep walker.

Agreed on both counts.

Certainly didn't hold back on the GIRUYs in the games against Hearts. Was starting to develop an angry facial expression by the time he left Ibrox, I'll reckon he'll re-sign there.

Westendjambo

He hates to lose and seems like the aggressive type who plays for the badge regardless of whom he is playing for, therefor I wouldn't mind seeing him in a maroon jersey. Although can't see it happening, decent player too!!!

Chris Benoit

Great player but if we do have any funds available they should be spent on other areas of the team.

What areas? I'd say midfield is where we are lacking the most

The Internet

It would be fun to see the reaction to him cutting inside and blasting the baw straight at the keeper/miles wide 15 times a game.

It's amazing how that after winning our opening 4 fixtures, some on here think that we should be turning our nose up at signing a player of his caliber.

I think it's the fact that he dared to once play for Rangers that has people taking this stance.

Unless we lose a player like Walker I see no point in it. I know Buaben is struggling, El Hass is injured and Anderson appears to be a bit Jimmy White. Pallardo will be back soon to strengthen the middle. You can't just sign player after player because a couple have injuries, financially it would ruin us.

Not that I really want them to but Hibs should go all out to sign him. A player like that could be their only hope against Rangers this season. Plus I'd enjoy the seethe on bears den.

Did more season for Rangers than El Has and Anderson did for us.

Take him, but no chance we can afford him.

Rangers don't appear to want him. He looked the sort of player that could play in the central attacking midfield role. Definitely wasn't a striker or a winger.

Chris Benoit

Back up for Paterson?

We've been looking at Rooney from Queens Park plus Liam Smith got good experience at East Fife last season and deserves a chance before we bring anyone else in

Rangers don't appear to want him. He looked the sort of player that could play in the central attacking midfield role. Definitely wasn't a striker or a winger.

Probably a tangent, but, he's the second "attacking midfielder" I've seen suggested in the last day. Both have been met with comments about wingers. Neither player is a winger and we all seem to feel we want an attacking midfielder.

He won't end up here, he'll go elsewhere, but the lad is a talent.

We've been looking at Rooney from Queens Park plus Liam Smith got good experience at East Fife last season and deserves a chance before we bring anyone else in

Fair enough, I actually thought Smith was out on loan.

Back up for Paterson?

I honestly believe we've not signed one as we will be in the market for a replacement for Paterson within six months.

I honestly believe we've not signed one as we will be in the market for a replacement for Paterson within six months.

If he keeps improving the way he has been then I think you could be right.

If he keeps improving the way he has been then I think you could be right.

Ian, it could still happen this window. IMO, he is that good and that ready.

I bet you that Robbie has a right back target in mind already.

We need an attacking midfielder with holt leaving El hass & prince injured , like pronto !! doubt he's sign for 2 grand a week anyway , decent player though

I agree that it's possible but I would be surprised if he left this window. Maybe January or next summer (hopefully)

I agree that it's possible but I would be surprised if he left this window. Maybe January or next summer (hopefully)

Robbie's interview the other day said Paterson was good enough for England and he'd do well there, whether that happened this window or next.

Definitely good overtures being made to the club about Paterson behind the scenes from down south IMO.

He would be a phenomenal signing for us. Sadly we couldn't afford him.

Phenomenonal :lol:

He was decent in the Championship. He disappeared in the playoffs.

Player with a decent left foot and capable of scoring a goal but would be vastly overpriced and wouldn't improve our team.

He has come on in leaps and bounds in the last year and is now ready to go down south, but only for ?1 million plus surely. I do thin k he might go this window but I really hope we hold on to him for this season  

Robbie's interview the other day said Paterson was good enough for England and he'd do well there, whether that happened this window or next.

Definitely good overtures being made to the club about Paterson behind the scenes from down south IMO.

Robbie is very careful with the press, he knew what he was saying. I hope Paterson is in our team up at Inverness but it's entirely possible he won't be. I am certain he won't be here next season, sadly.

He has come on in leaps and bounds in the last year and is now ready to go down south, but only for ?1 million plus surely. I do thin k he might go this window but I really hope we hold on to him for this season

Agreed, the money has to be right.

Always thought he looked a very classy player and would be the final piece of the jigsaw for us.

Sadly I think wages would be a massive stumbling block in us getting him. Would not be surprised to see him end up back at Ibrox.

I think it's the fact that he dared to once play for Rangers that has people taking this stance.

i don't believe that is correct.

We_are_the_Hearts

Phenomenonal :lol:

He was decent in the Championship. He disappeared in the playoffs.

Player with a decent left foot and capable of scoring a goal but would be vastly overpriced and wouldn't improve our team.

Agreed.

Did more season for Rangers than El Has and Anderson did for us.

Take him, but no chance we can afford him.

Easy tiger !!!!!!!!!!Some fuds on here will say you have an Agenda against them.

Fort Vallance

Newcastle obviously decided that looking half decent in Scotland's second tier doesn't make you a player. Celtic it seems have the opposite opinion.

He'll not be back in Scottish football, Celtic are the only team that could meet his wage expectations and they don't want/need him, we can't afford him and he won't go back to Rangers for 2 reasons, 1, they can't afford him so have brought in the showboating boy from Spurs on loan and 2, his national team manger has made it clear that playing in the Championship in Scotland will not see Vukic back in the national team!

Archived