Vuckic - released from club

Bazzas right boot

Bert Le Clos

Fair enough. I don't rate the guy, don't think his career will amount to much, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Agreed with you on McGeough, but disagree on Vukic.

Think he's a good player who would slot into our side nicely. Can play out wide or behind the striker which is just what we need to provide cover and competition for Walker, Nicholson and King. If one of them gets a long term injury we're a little weak in that area.

I do think he'd expect more in wages than we're willing to pay though and I'm pretty sure he'll find a new club no bother.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did more season for Rangers than El Has and Anderson did for us.

Take him, but no chance we can afford him.

El Hass had a better goals to starts ratio and unlike Vuckic actually scored an important goal.

Interesting.

doctor jambo

I was very impressed with Vuckic in a VERY poor side. He dragged them to mediocrity.

He has some skills certainly

No place for him in our side though

BRAVEHEART1874

Once teams realised he just cuts inside to his left foot all the time ended up a very average player and even started to dive at the end maybe that was the sevco coaching though ;) so maybe he will settle for ?8000 a week at ?1brox

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Did Rangers not state they were signing a Premier player this week? 2+2=5?

We_are_the_Hearts

Did Rangers not state they were signing a Premier player this week? 2+2=5?

I've heard the Huns are close to another 2 loanees, one from Arsenal and one from Chelsea. 

I've heard the Huns are close to another 2 loanees, one from Arsenal and one from Chelsea. 

Seems a bit OTT to me, they really don't need them to win that league and surely better saving the wages for next season?

We_are_the_Hearts

Seems a bit OTT to me, they really don't need them to win that league and surely better saving the wages for next season?

The guy seemed pretty certain, surprised at more loanees as thought he was working to a 3 year plan, time will tell. 

I'm torn between metaphors.

A scarecrow does not a man make. If he looks good and tastes good he's probably good.

Judgement firmly reserved.

Bazzas right boot

Newcastle obviously decided that looking half decent in Scotland's second tier doesn't make you a player. Celtic it seems have the opposite opinion.

Might not be true, maybe he was offered a deal but it did not suit him either money wise or footballing wise.

He was an international and is at age now were he must be looking to play first team football, Just because you don't make it at Newcastle doesn't mean you are a bad player.

Swansea have also signed a couple of players from Scotland's second tier, players need to start or flourish somewhere, not all good players are in the EPL or la liga.

Celtic buying the player of the season for that division is hardly beyond belief, and being the best player in that diviosn suggest's he will make the step up, we got Reilly, is he crap?

Bit of a silly statement, who should Hearts be looking at?

Rudolf's Mate

Newcastle obviously decided that looking half decent in Scotland's second tier doesn't make you a player. Celtic it seems have the opposite opinion.

Was that pasted from elsewhere rather than being your own comment?

Just curious really but I doubt very much how he played in Scotland had any kind of impact on him being released. More likely the new manager and his team assessed the players and came to a decision. 

A little bit HIbs

Also these boys are all under 20s - fair dues if they can cut it for a season in the scottish championship but I have my doubts.

Doesn't mean they won't get promoted but I find it a curious strategy.

I still don't think warburton understands the environment he is working in.

doctor jambo

A little bit HIbs

Also these boys are all under 20s - fair dues if they can cut it for a season in the scottish championship but I have my doubts.

Its working though, and it means that you have a clean slate for next year without having to bribe upper division players to step down.

End of season and you look to recruit for the top flight without players you are stuck with, and may be able to persuade your loanees to stay.

I think its pretty sensible

Sensible and very very cheap.

Saves having to pay off contracts etc for those who can't make the step up.

Rudolf's Mate

A little bit HIbs

I'd be shocked if they get a lot of game time tbh.

On what we've seen so far it's not like they desperately need players. The guys are most likely backup. 

PresidentGrant

Vuckic would easily get 10 goals playing attacking midfield in our team, I reckon we'd be a stick on for 2nd if we got him. As most have said, doubt we could afford him though.

Vuckic would easily get 10 goals playing attacking midfield in our team, I reckon we'd be a stick on for 2nd if we got him. As most have said, doubt we could afford him though.

He's the kind of player we want to be attracting in the future, but currently he's probably just a bit too good for Hearts.

Looks likely he will end up at Ibrox, which is probably better suited to him.

He's the kind of player we want to be attracting in the future, but currently he's probably just a bit too good for Hearts.

I agree with you, he's a very good player, but it seems some on here can't see past the fact he once played for a Rangers team that were in utter chaos and use that to judge his ability.

Sensible and very very cheap.

Saves having to pay off contracts etc for those who can't make the step up.

You aren't wrong, but it means they need to rebuild next year.

We, on a lesser budget, brought in top league players and ensured this season was a patch job, not a rebuild.

Of course, we brought in Zeefuik, but that's the odd loan as opposed to a whole team.

He's not going to Rangers.

but it seems some on here can't see past the fact he once played for a Rangers team that were in utter chaos and use that to judge his ability.

it's all in your head Floyd.

You aren't wrong, but it means they need to rebuild next year.

We, on a lesser budget, brought in top league players and ensured this season was a patch job, not a rebuild.

Of course, we brought in Zeefuik, but that's the odd loan as opposed to a whole team.

I agree and the main difference between us and them is in terms of our leadership at boardroom level. Whereas we have had strong leadership from Ann Budge & Craig Levein and a clean slate to go forward, they've had squabbling and infighting and are still paying money to Mike Ashley and probably Craig Whyte for all we know.

Dave King and his band of brothers are not willing to cough up the cash until they know that promotion is guaranteed and once it is, they will bring out the begging bowl again and attempt to fleece the fans for more cash so they can challenge Celtic again.

Thus, it's a cheap & sensible option for them to do what they are doing just now, but it'll soon be time for King & co to put their money where their mouth is, which is where the challenges begin.

Bazzas right boot

Seen a few posters state that around ?2k is our max level for a wage, I would be more than suprised if our players from abroad were getting less than ?3-?4k, whether that be in up front fees/ win bonus's etc or basic pay I don't know but I can't see guys jumping country for such little, I could be wrong of course but thing guys moving across here would be getting good money, in Scottish terms.

We couldn't touch Vuckic's ?15k but if he has no great offers, sling him a decent deal, 2 year deal with a release and % clause. He get's in the shop window, possibly a move back to England, stays in with his national coach and we get a good player with sell on value. Would depend on what other teams are after him but he would better the team.

I agree and the main difference between us and them is in terms of our leadership at boardroom level. Whereas we have had strong leadership from Ann Budge & Craig Levein and a clean slate to go forward, they've had squabbling and infighting and are still paying money to Mike Ashley and probably Craig Whyte for all we know.

Dave King and his band of brothers are not willing to cough up the cash until they know that promotion is guaranteed and once it is, they will bring out the begging bowl again and attempt to fleece the fans for more cash so they can challenge Celtic again.

Thus, it's a cheap & sensible option for them to do what they are doing just now, but it'll soon be time for King & co to put their money where their mouth is, which is where the challenges begin.

The first two paragraphs have me tenting. :)

it's all in your head Floyd.

I think it is tainting people's opinion of him.

If he had performed as well for Falkirk or QoS last season (since they also failed through the playoffs, QoS is a better example), I think people would have been far slower to dismiss him.

Doctor FinnBarr

Seen a few posters state that around ?2k is our max level for a wage, I would be more than suprised if our players from abroad were getting less than ?3-?4k, whether that be in up front fees/ win bonus's etc or basic pay I don't know but I can't see guys jumping country for such little, I could be wrong of course but thing guys moving across here would be getting good money, in Scottish terms.

We couldn't touch Vuckic's ?15k but if he has no great offers, sling him a decent deal, 2 year deal with a release and % clause. He get's in the shop window, possibly a move back to England, stays in with his national coach and we get a good player with sell on value. Would depend on what other teams are after him but he would better the team.

Depends what they were making abroad really, if they were on 1k per week (a good bloody wage to most of us) then a jump up to 2k is a good move.

I'm only guessing at what they made before coming here.

I think it is tainting people's opinion of him.

If he had performed as well for Falkirk or QoS last season (since they also failed through the playoffs, QoS is a better example), I think people would have been far slower to dismiss him.

I don't, who players play for doesn't have a bearing in how i rate them, i don't have a particular hatred of Rangers tbh, just don't rate the player much, think he would be decent in the SPL but that's about it.

Depends what they were making abroad really, if they were on 1k per week (a good bloody wage to most of us) then a jump up to 2k is a good move.

I'm only guessing at what they made before coming here.

Also depends what their career objectives are going forward. A younger player or player with ambitions could potentially look upon Scotland as a stepping stone to bigger things and thus more cash.

As we all know, every club in Scotland is a selling club as Celtic will prove when they sell on Van Dijk.

PresidentGrant

I don't, who players play for doesn't have a bearing in how i rate them, i don't have a particular hatred of Rangers tbh, just don't rate the player much, think he would be decent in the SPL but that's about it.

According to wikipedia he got 9 goals in 13 games for Rangers, and that was mainly playing wide I think. Floyd's right that people wouldn't dismiss anyone playing for us, QotS etc with those stats as quickly as they've dismissed Vuckic.

Doctor FinnBarr

Also depends what their career objectives are going forward. A younger player or player with ambitions could potentially look upon Scotland as a stepping stone to bigger things and thus more cash.

As we all know, every club in Scotland is a selling club as Celtic will prove when they sell on Van Dijk.

Yep, RN and CL must be selling the club to players as a potential stepping stone to the riches of England. No bad thing for us either.

According to wikipedia he got 9 goals in 13 games for Rangers, and that was mainly playing wide I think. Floyd's right that people wouldn't dismiss anyone playing for us, QotS etc with those stats as quickly as they've dismissed Vuckic.

i don't think they stats are totally correct, i know he scored a few, I'm not arguing against facts here.

Unless they stats are correct then i am :lol:

The Great Khali

He's an absolute ***** of a guy which won't be helping folks views on him either.

A very good player at our level. If the opportunity arose (which it won't) we'd be daft not to look at the option.

He's an absolute ***** of a guy which won't be helping folks views on him either.

A very good player at our level. If the opportunity arose (which it won't) we'd be daft not to look at the option.

Correct.

9 goals in 13 starts can't be sniffed at. I think it's 9 goals in 20 appearances over all, which is still a good record for a player who didn't play as a striker.

He got 9 goals in 22 starts. Decent. Not fantastic at that level. Only 3 (in 14 games) of them were against teams in the top half or Play-offs, and one of them was the dead rubber against us.

Basically, he's not proved much beyond having a good left foot and that he would do well against shite.

Maybe just the way I'm reading it, but that doesn't make a lot of sense - too good for us, but might end up playing in the league below us?

FWIW he's a decent player and I'd take him for the right money, but I don't think what we'd consider he's worth and what he thinks he's worth will be the same ammount.

Seymour M Hersh

Maybe just the way I'm reading it, but that doesn't make a lot of sense - too good for us, but might end up playing in the league below us?

FWIW he's a decent player and I'd take him for the right money, but I don't think what we'd consider he's worth and what he thinks he's worth will be the same ammount.

Ignore him. He's a troll who probably doesn't even support HMFC. 

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The "too good for us" part doesn't fit the rest of the post because that part is his attempt at trolling. The rest of the post attempts to engage in reasonable debate, but he's determined to get a bite by winding up any Hearts supporters who might take the bait. That is why his post just reads like it was chopped up and stuck together by a child. There's a pattern.

You can tell Chrambo can't be arsed anymore but is just persisting through habit.

Shame really as he's actually a pretty good poster when he doesn't resort to this sort of patter.

I don't see what Chrambo has said wrong here?

He's said nothing wrong, but some people on here debate the poster rather than the post at times.

Quite sad to be honest.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Dear oh dear :rofl:

My favourite bit is when the the previously launched poster comes back under a different username and pretends to be a newbie. :lol:

My favourite bit is when the the previously launched poster comes back under a different username and pretends to be a newbie. :lol:

Ken :lol:

Seymour M Hersh

He's said nothing wrong, but some people on here debate the poster rather than the post at times.

Quite sad to be honest.

So you agree Vuckic is much too good for The Heart of Midlothian FC?

Captain Canada

What areas? I'd say midfield is where we are lacking the most

The games I saw him in he was always on the right wing, cutting in to shoot with his left.

Anyway, yes I'd like another right back first and foremost.

So you agree Vuckic is much too good for The Heart of Midlothian FC?

He'd likely want too much money, which Rangers would - and probably will - offer. In that sense, he'd be too much for us. Quality wise, he'd fit right in.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"Too good for Hearts"

:gok:

Oh wait... it refers to how much he would cost? Shit. Right enough, makes way more sense now!

:facepalm:

Can we not just all agree he was quite obviously looking for a bite? :rofl:

Archived