Gavin Reilly Signs (Merged Threads)

kimosavi

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

My thoughts on this are that Robbie and Levein don't believe Keatings can improve beyond his current level, however they see a longer-term project with Reilly.

I'm a huge fan of Keatings but I'll be inclined to trust the management team as they've given me no reason as of yet to question their decision making.

Some managers would stick with a player they strongly suspect isn't going to improve so as not to look as though they made a mistake, while points are put at risk. It's not a tactic I've ever been a fan of. Under Levein's last tenure, I felt that Wyness was stuck on the pitch game after game while Kirk sat on the bench with a real claim of being hard done by. Kirk was always likely to pinch a goal and was a real nuisance, but for some reason Levein just never seemed to fancy him all that much, perhaps because Wyness had a stronger all round game in terms of linking up etc, For me, at the time though, all I was seeing was us toiling for goals from Wyness, and a goal poacher sat on the bench. It doesn't look like we are willing to tread water while a forward finds his shooting boots any longer, this should not really be seen as a negative thing either, imo.

Uncle Buck

He scored more goals than any of our players this season, in a worse team.

Excellent signing.

Gorgie_Rules

He scored more goals than any of our players this season, in a worse team.

Excellent signing.

Pretty much how I see it

I can't see a downside to this. He just turned 22 a fortnight ago, has a lot of experience for his age and his wages won't be big. When QoS beat rangers earlier in the season he was mom and scored a cracking goal. Definitely has potential for me

alicante jambo

People will tell you he's not good enough based on the 2-3 times they may have seen him but over the course of the season he has outscored any of our players in the league. He is a good player and if he can make the step up he will be a good addition.

Nice reply bauld.Wee bit of coaching may lead to great things from the lad.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-in-talks-over-gavin-reilly-compensation-fee-1-3780613

EEN saying that Hearts and Queen of the South are negotiating compensation, though there is currently distance between the two figures.

The eventual development fee will be evidence of how much potential we see in him. I'd be surprised if we spent six figures on him though. Maybe a loan agreement swap with one of our other players and a percentage of any sell on fee by way of compromise?

Can't blame Queens for wanting to get the best deal they can for their top scorer though, they'll need a wedge to stay up the top fighting for promotion next season.

Also, going by his Twitter, he knows the difference between 'there', 'their' and 'they're', and he also likes punk music.

Got a good feeling about this kid.

agreed

May find Keatings thrown in?

Keatings will not go to another championship side imo - he's said he's proved himself at that level and wants to show what he can do at higher level

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Keatings will not go to another championship side imo - he's said he's proved himself at that level and wants to show what he can do at higher level

Was thinking more Oliver on loan, but we shouldn't risk the points deduction I suppose after last time. Rulez is rulez after all. :(

OmiyaHearts

This is a question not a criticism, but is he any better a player than Keatings.

I ask because, like most on here, I've only seen him play 4 times and to be honest I don't pay a great deal of attention to opposition players so I'm not in a position to judge.

From what I've seen he is a better player as he's a better finisher. That's a key attribute if you're up front.

Look at Greg Stewart, who went from Cowdenbeath to Dundee, he hasn't done too bad, has he?

We_are_the_Hearts

This could be a long summer. CL and Robbie see Keats train every day and every game he plays. They have watched Reilly a lot. Actually analysed him, not just watched a game where he is playing. They obviously see the potential in him and reckon he will flourish playing with better players and better training

Dr Ian Malcolm

I imagine if QOTS want six figures we'll move on. If we didn't shell out for Zeefuik, who's scoring rate in in four months suggested he'd have romped top scorer, I can't see us paying a wedge for Reilly - nor should we.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robbie Neilson

Wouldnt take the boy

Certainly wouldnt pay any kind of fee, 6 figures? Do me a favour. ?50,000 and if they dont accept move on

The Comedian

From my limited viewing Reilly doesn't look to be a improvement on Keatings however I'd imagine RN & CL especially new we were going up and will have done their homework on him.

There are good players to be found at this level, Dundee United have really prospered through it. Swanson, Robertson, Mackay-Steven etc

Levein knows his shit. Every chance Reilly is a hit for us if he signs and I'd be happy enough with a Gavin signing for the club.

:jj:

This could be a long summer. CL and Robbie see Keats train every day and every game he plays. They have watched Reilly a lot. Actually analysed him, not just watched a game where he is playing. They obviously see the potential in him and reckon he will flourish playing with better players and better training

this idea falls down with keatings, unless they were just faffing about to start with, which would assume they got lucky this season with some of their signings.

the buzz saying at momment "due dilligence" would surely apply to all CL & robbies signings.

still think theres more for keatings to give and reilly will cost cash. though i'm not against us signing reilly just not ready to give up on keatings yet.

this idea falls down with keatings, unless they were just faffing about to start with, which would assume they got lucky this season with some of their signings.

the buzz saying at momment "due dilligence" would surely apply to all CL & robbies signings.

still think theres more for keatings to give and reilly will cost cash. though i'm not against us signing reilly just not ready to give up on keatings yet.

Remember we had a 2 year plan to get out of the Championship, maybe CL and RN saw Keatings as a good player for that level within the budget we had set.  Now we are ahead of where we planned to be after 1 season and budgets have changed and maybe they see Reilly as an upgrade and someone that they feel will do better in the top league.

The same could be said of Carrick...........

Point taken. I don't consider Carrick a cult hero, but for he is a better all round player than Keating's for me. Carrick knows how to run the channels.

Generic Username

It's certainly starting to feel like Keatings was a signing based on the assumption we'd not come straight back up and therefore doesn't fit into the plans for next season. It's a shame because he's a good wee player and has scored some cracking goals for us but you've got to buy into what the club are trying to do and understand that they know what they're doing.

If the kid Reilly is seen as the future, I can get on board with that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I love these threads. People telling the management what to do and not to do as if their viewpoint is important! They make me smile and why football forums should never be taken seriously!

I think Reilly, Keatings and Carrick could link up well together but dont really see El Hass getting much time.  In my opinion Reilly would cover for Sow and Keetings for a fit Carrick. I like Oliver and see him out on loan at a higher level this time.

frank skinner

I think Mr Levein is  losing his touch regarding- sniffing out a player.

ELHasnobody-Anderson and now Reilly.

I really hope this is just mince printed in the papers.

Think offering Oliver on loan would be a great idea. Big year for the boy, I liked the look of him towards end of the season, good hold up play and some good movement. Needs to play games this year though & Queens for a season may be a good move.

Heartsfc_1874

Craig losing his touch ??

Ozturk , sow, ZeeFuik , Buaben , Gomis all keys figures which ultimately made us romped to the title !!! .

Some folk on kickback :facepalm

:cornette:

Utter Shi** AGAIN. The Elhasnobody patter is absolutley woeful. The guy has had a stop start season in terms of injury and not to forget he missed the end of his last season in Holland with injury. Started to show a few glimpses of what he is capable of and we shall see a different player next season.

How you can possibly make any judgement on Anderson is incredible given the amount of game time he has had so far but lets not forget a vital contribution away to LIvingston. Reilly is one of the highest rated players in the championship FFS. If the management think he is good enough then he is good enough.  You do not have a clue.

Gene Parmesan

bbym.gif

I love these threads. People telling the management what to do and not to do as if their viewpoint is important! They make me smile and why football forums should never be taken seriously!

Fans expressing an opinion, is that not what forums are for? No-one thinks Levein and Neilson are coming on kickback for advice on who to sign.

I think Mr Levein is losing his touch regarding- sniffing out a player.

Your posts remind me of winston

JamboJohn1874

Sums it up quite well for me this.

I hate to spoil the party for many on this thread but Oliver and Carrick are at very best ordinary and at worst, not good enough for 1st team. Keatings must at least be on a par with Reilly which does worry me a little. I think someone called it right earlier with a swap deal with Keatings for Reilly. Solves all problems and leave us the status quo, still looking for a premium forward. I still haven't given up hope of El-Hass being swapped for Zeefuik.

gorgie rd eh11

A young goalscorer with room for improvement on affordable wages. Just the sort of signing we need. Happy. :2thumbsup:

Can you please direct me to the posts where fans are telling management what to do with regard to signings?

Just one will suffice.

Or are you being a drama queen? All I can see are football fans expressing opinions and having a discussion/debate. Take away discussion and debate and football would be pretty dull wouldn't it?

Clerry Jambo

I can see another striker coming in even if we get Reilly.

Pure speculation on my part but maybe the management see Reilly as a replacement ( or a better option ) for Keatings and this "other striker" replacing the outgoing Big Zee.

Keatings would obviously be down the pecking order and that's why the club have said he can find a club if he wishes.

Personally I can't really remember much of him from our games against QOS this season. The opposing striker who impressed me most was the lad up front for Dumbarton in their last game at Tynie. He looked like he has a bit of class. Remember looking him up at the time and he was recently signed from Queens Park, I think, so maybe a young prospect.

Archived