Gavin Reilly Signs (Merged Threads)

kimosavi

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain America

Seemed like he was on the management team's radar from the very off so they must see something in him.

He didn't stick out to me in any our games against them but he does look to have something about him.

Very well spoken kid, certainly just the accent but sounds a bit like our former captain Steven Pressley.

Welcome on board Gavin. Hope you have the football brain a long with the pace and energy.

loveofthegame

By his own admission he has said he had a pretty poor end to the season

Fair enough mate, as I said I can't comment but will trust that RN/CL have seen enough to think he can make the grade.

Watt-Zeefuik

Think he wore down towards the end of the season, as he had 39 appearances and started almost all of those.  That's a lot of work for a young player.

Get him on the Riccarton regime, he'll be fine.

grantaitchie8

Good, young, ambitious player, who'll hopefully do well for the club. Welcome to Hearts, Gavin!

frank skinner

erich_schaedler.jpg

Join Date May 2005 Location Scoopsville Age 55 Posts 6,480

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Unseen work viewpost-right.png
Good signing, was half hoping we would go for him if one of our younger boys left, but we have far too many strikers, all of whom are better than him.

My info was we were in the hunt for him with a good chance of getting him. This changed when we got James Keatings. :indeed:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Good luck Gavin, I'm sure the Tynecastle crowd will lift you even higher levels. Welcome on board.

Buffalo Bill

b28ba6d0daa2a64c1f896bdff1c24e61.png

For a stadium with "infeariur shteal", that's "falling to bits" and is a "death trap", doesn't The Old Lady still look good as a backdrop? 

tynietigers

Is Robbo ever off the exercise bike these days?

. With the arthritis in his hip it's the best exercise for him to do.

Thanks Jambojock, nice to have a post which gives information, with source identified - whether or not it pans out

It mayturn out to be pish but at least its certified geniune pish !

And here's more pish, he was on ?450 a week at palmerston and is now on ?1500 a week at Tynecastle

heartsfc_fan

And here's more pish, he was on ?450 a week at palmerston and is now on ?1500 a week at Tynecastle

Fair enough

rudi must stay

Their first interview tells you if they'll be a success or not, and to me he seems very confortable in his new surroundings. He could score a lot of goals for us

Sarcasm smiley intended there

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Their first interview tells you if they'll be a success or not, and to me he seems very confortable in his new surroundings. He could score a lot of goals for us

Sarcasm smiley intended there

He's got a determined look in his eye. That's worth ten goals straight off the bat.

Beautiful.

I'm pretty excited by this.

Incidentally, that is the only type of Hearts scarf worth it's salt.

I've had many other styles but this is the best and my dearest friend.

Just seen his interview in Sky.Seems a confident but down to earth and realistic young man.Most of all I think he seems like a player that wants to learn and improve.

Italian Lambretta

Was just looking at the background and wondered if the lower half of the Gorgie Stand had been fitted with new seats?

For a stadium with "infeariur shteal", that's "falling to bits" and is a "death trap", doesn't The Old Lady still look good as a backdrop? 

jamboinglasgow

Just seen his interview in Sky.Seems a confident but down to earth and realistic young man.Most of all I think he seems like a player that wants to learn and improve.

Completely agree, always great that Robbie is looking at a players mentality not just ability.

Welcome to Hearts Gavin, may it be a wonderful spell for both sides.

Was just looking at the background and wondered if the lower half of the Gorgie Stand had been fitted with new seats?

There's a photo of him with the wheatfield behind him and it looks like lower F has new seats also.

Watt-Zeefuik

He's got a determined look in his eye. That's worth ten goals straight off the bat.

Looks down too much.  That'll be three pens missed.

We often think can we ever get another Robertson..    This is the kind of guy , there is a chance, anyhow welcome to Hearts, son. 

jamboinglasgow

So is it safe to assume there is no loaning of our players to Queen of the South as part of deal as surely that would have been done today.

colinmaroon

Completely agree, always great that Robbie is looking at a players mentality not just ability.

Welcome to Hearts Gavin, may it be a wonderful spell for both sides.

Nice to know.

Didn't even make the BBC Scotland news at teatime.  

What a shock!

Watt-Zeefuik

Guid heid of hair though.

But what kind of beard can he grow?  We'll be sorely missing McKay's

So is it safe to assume there is no loaning of our players to Queen of the South as part of deal as surely that would have been done today.

Wouldn't assume that.

I doubt we will loan anyone out until they've been seen a few times at training and its decided what is best for them.

Very well spoken kid, certainly just the accent but sounds a bit like our former captain Steven Pressley.

Welcome on board Gavin. Hope you have the football brain a long with the pace and energy.

Really... slowly...?

He's got much better hair than Keatings so that's a start.

Excellent scoring record. Can't say he's really caught my eye when we have played them but in Robbie & Craig we trust.

Welcome to The Famous!

Scores goals with either foot, seems to have a good touch, has pace. The left footed goal against rangers, first touch and finish were exceptional. A good signing.

Archived