Gavin Reilly Signs (Merged Threads)

kimosavi

Signing for us on a free according to freelance journalist Alex O'Henley on Twitter

No seen enough of the lad to comment! Decent signing?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If his recent one-on-one with the Rangers keeper is anything to go by, then no.

However, in Robbie we trust.

People will tell you he's not good enough based on the 2-3 times they may have seen him but over the course of the season he has outscored any of our players in the league. He is a good player and if he can make the step up he will be a good addition.

chester copperpot

People will tell you he's not good enough based on the 2-3 times they may have seen him but over the course of the season he has outscored any of our players in the league. He is a good player and if he can make the step up he will be a good addition.

And there we have it.

Folk judging him based on 1 mistake are why they're not paid to manage football teams.

I like him and think he's got something about him.

:shitwine:

John Robertson missed a great chance once.

I've no idea if this guy will be any good, but I'll wait until I've seen him properly.

Radio Ga Ga

If his recent one-on-one with the Rangers keeper is anything to go by, then no.

However, in Robbie we trust.

And he's the only striker to miss a 1-2-1 right enough, I've seen Ronaldo and Messi miss 1-2-1's their then a no from me too!

ford donald

And there we have it.

Folk judging him based on 1 mistake are why they're not paid to manage football teams.

Agree.Thought he was unlucky with his one on one with the Rangers keeper,the ball took a bad bounce and hit his shin,looks a decent prospect to me.

And there we have it.

I am pretty sure that Rudi would have made a mistake whilst playing for a club, before joining us.

Thank god no-one here saw it, or we might have had a thread giving reasons on why we should not sign him.

Personally, I have not seen enough of him, or know enough about him, to make a proper judgement.

HHGH1874FTH

Wouldn't imagine he'd b first pick,good finisher though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chester copperpot

I am pretty sure that Rudi would have made a mistake whilst playing for a club, before joining us.

Thank god no-one here saw it, or we might have had a thread giving reasons on why we should not sign him.

Personally, I have not seen enough of him, or know enough about him, to make a proper judgement.

Neither have I if im being totally honest however what I have saw of him he looks a pretty tidy player.

Reminds me a wee bit of Billy McKay that ICT had. If he turns out like him...............

Neither have I if im being totally honest however what I have saw of him he looks a pretty tidy player.

Reminds me a wee bit of Billy McKay that ICT had. If he turns out like him...............

...then it would be a decent signing.

The Treasurer

This is a question not a criticism, but is he any better a player than Keatings.

I ask because, like most on here, I've only seen him play 4 times and to be honest I don't pay a great deal of attention to opposition players so I'm not in a position to judge.

Captain Canada

If it's true then I don't see the point. I'd rather Carrick, Keatings or Oliver were played and developed as they all have potential.

I genuinely have no idea who he is?

I take it he plays for a championship team this season?

If it's true then I don't see the point. I'd rather Carrick, Keatings or Oliver were played and developed as they all have potential.

The management obviously think he has potential also. Cant judge him as ive not really seen him play, but as others have said in Robbie we trust.

Looks like RN & CL believe Reilly may have greater potential

Unfortunately I believe Carricks injury has set his career backwards and this season is definetley make or break for the lad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess The Crowd

Can't see this being true tbh.

Time will tell, but this guy's generally quite well-informed.

He also thinks the lad McShane from QOS is heading for Ross County - I was very impressed with him at Tynecastle pre-Christmas, albeit Hearts eventually won 4-1

Special Agent Dale Cooper

He's certainly well regarded and seemed to be playing well, up until he playoffs at least.

Can't see him being on an exorbitant wage either so not a huge gamble all things considered.  As has been mentioned previously,  Levein has a good eye for diamonds in lesser teams so I suspect Reilly will come good if given time by a patient support.

Malcolm Tucker

He's got an arm like Popeye.

009__034__features__7690493_copy__134701

Good enough for me.

Malcolm Tucker

Also, going by his Twitter, he knows the difference between 'there', 'their' and 'they're', and he also likes punk music.

Got a good feeling about this kid.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Talks are pretty advanced according to QOTS manager Fowler.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know that?

Malcolm Tucker

My thoughts on this are that Robbie and Levein don't believe Keatings can improve beyond his current level, however they see a longer-term project with Reilly.

I'm a huge fan of Keatings but I'll be inclined to trust the management team as they've given me no reason as of yet to question their decision making.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Are they due a development fee-thingyamijiggery?

I like Keatings, but what has he done to be elevated by some into some untouchable cult hero? His desire and workrate can't be faulted. But to me he can be a selfish player opting too often to go alone, and doesn't have the goals to shots ratio to justify this.

If Reilly comes it's because the coaching staff think he can add something.

Robbie said he will only bring in better than what we already have.

Is this lad better? I don't think so. But then again I'm not the manager so what do I know.

I would say that we seem to want more options in attack than elsewhere in team.

We had Carrick, Sow as first choice at start of season backed up by Keatings, El Hassnaoui, Oliver. And then we signed Zeefuik as a different option. Fair enough injuries messed up choices for most of season.

I'm guessing we'll be signing another striker as well as Reilly so I can see how Keatings has been told he might struggle to get games.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know that?

Fowler quoted in the rags today saying so....

letsalllaughathobos

This,

Clerry Jambo

I like Keatings, but what has he done to be elevated by some into some untouchable cult hero? His desire and workrate can't be faulted. But to me he can be a selfish player opting too often to go alone, and doesn't have the goals to shots ratio to justify this.

The same could be said of Carrick...........

upgotheheads

I saw QOS 4 times last season and the player who caught my eye was Kevin Holt.

On the evidence of the Rangers games I didn't see anything special from Reilly, but on the other hand I'm sure that if CL/RN think he's a decent payer then he probably is. When he made an a**e of the chance against Sevco I thought bad luck, but maybe a career defining moment.

I'd be delighted to be wrong.

I genuinely have no idea who he is?

I take it he plays for a championship team this season?

lol

So we may be signing one of the top scorers in the championship? Sounds good to me.

Not as exciting as a big sexy foreigner but if the management team want him, then so be it.

When I was told Reilly was virtually a done deal, I was told another striker was lined up too and more or less agreed.

Are Greeks sexy enough for you? My confidence level on the other striker being Greek is about 2 out of 10 though.

I agree with this.

I like Keatings but I have my doubts about him in the top league.

Zeefuik is away and Holt is away. Sow and Carrick are injury prone, Keatings is injury prone and possibly away. Oliver is not ready and likely to go out on loan.

There is no doubt we need another forward player who can also play wide or in support. Providing goals from more than one area of the pitch is important to any team.

All roads lead to Gorgie

John Robertson missed a great chance once.

I've no idea if this guy will be any good, but I'll wait until I've seen him properly.

Not against Hibs he didn't. Like you I will reserve judgment but I trust our ability to bring out the best in players.

When I was told Reilly was virtually a done deal, I was told another striker was lined up too and more or less agreed.

Are Greeks sexy enough for you? My confidence level on the other striker being Greek is about 2 out of 10 though.

Defo no gonnae comapre to Takis Fysass, the greatest ever living man, but you're in the right ball park

MR INCREDIBLE

My thoughts on this are that Robbie and Levein don't believe Keatings can improve beyond his current level, however they see a longer-term project with Reilly.

I'm a huge fan of Keatings but I'll be inclined to trust the management team as they've given me no reason as of yet to question their decision making.

What about the decision to play a back 3 at Easter Road.

Stevie Crawford once scored over 20 goals for Dumfermline in a season but I personally thought he was generally average and wouldn't have touched him.

I'm not saying Reilly is average but those getting carried away with his scoring exploits have to look much deeper at a player as I'm sure our scouts do.

Playing for Hearts brings a totally different challenge than playing for Qos. If you look at the standard of striker we had last season we had player who had pace, could hold the ball up well, link play and of course score.

But also playing to a high level as teams raised their game against us which we had to overcome.

Every signing is a gamble and some players deserve a chance to step up but I'd hope our level of judgement is high in that we see players first and foremost have room the to improve and can contribute to our requirements.

Archived