Frail to go - on BBC Radio Scotland now

Say What Again

Rawrrrrrrr
Contact: Can we explore terms & interest etc with your manager (no firm offer)

Approach: We'd like to take / offer your manager our Job (firm offer)

Are you sure your not CM

Admit that the club have not approached mcghee and there blatant attempts too boost dreadful st sales with a "leak" have been found out

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only echo the sentiment of others on this thread who thank Stephen Frail for all his efforts and wish him all the best.

Given the conditions Stevie had to work under; a despotic owner, no assistant manager (has anyone noticed this?), a skeletal coaching staff etc...a hard bitten veteran manager would have struggled to produce results under those circumstances, yet although he fell short, our results from January up until the split would have been enough to qualify us for Europe had that form been maintained over the course of the season.

Nucky Thompson

Admit that the club have not approached mcghee and there blatant attempts too boost dreadful st sales with a "leak" have been found out

:rofl::rofl:Why do the club have to worry about ST sales in the middle of May:confused:

:rofl::rofl:Why do the club have to worry about ST sales in the middle of May:confused:

Why WOULDN'T they?

I can only echo the sentiment of others on this thread who thank Stephen Frail for all his efforts and wish him all the best.

Given the conditions Stevie had to work under; a despotic owner, no assistant manager (has anyone noticed this?), a skeletal coaching staff etc...a hard bitten veteran manager would have struggled to produce results under those circumstances, yet although he fell short, our results from January up until the split would have been enough to qualify us for Europe had that form been maintained over the course of the season.

Shaggy is that you? :rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson
Why WOULDN'T they?
Because it's still two and a half months till the new season starts:rolleyes: I doubt the club are going to hatch some elaborate plan in May to boost ST sales:rolleyes: Get rid of Frail, spread MM rumours and the fans will come:)

Good luck Shaggy.

I'm disappointed he's away as I would have loved to have seen him stay on as an assistant.

He's clearly a great coach and could not have done any better than he did with the players available once he took over full control.

I think the constant picking of Elliot etc was all that stopped him getting the full backing of the fans, and going on to becoming a decent manager for Hearts.

Because it's still two and a half months till the new season starts:rolleyes: I doubt the club are going to hatch some elaborate plan in May to boost ST sales:rolleyes: Get rid of Frail, spread MM rumours and the fans will come:)

on a sidenote ,do you know when is the cut off point is to renew before it goes on sale to the general public/

Shaggy is that you? :rolleyes:

From the Killie game in January up until the Killie game pre-split, Hearts only lost two league games (both to the old firm), never conceded to goal to any team apart from St Mirren and the Old Firm, and averaged around 2 points a game, which would have been enough to qualify us for Europe.

In spite of that I still think it is the right decision for Frail to leave the club, as I think HMFC needs a fresh start. Incidently I also think Korobochka should be given the heave ho too.

Spellczech
Im a bit gutted at that news to be honest. I never wanted frail to be appointed as manager as i feel he was tactilly inempt. I think a coaching role would have been ideal for him. He has been a great servant to hearts and gave 100% when things were not going his way. very disappointed at this news

If he?s tactically inept, just how do you expect him to coach? We have fitness coaches. So I guess we have NO coaches at the club now! Unless we count the chap Murray who the kids all allegedly hate...

The Old Tolbooth
I dont want McGhee, if he does any good with us its off to theltic for him

Umm, sorry, but at the risk of sounding patronising, I would actually take that right now, because if he was to be sounded out by smeltic, then that means he's got us back on the up again and on the road to restoring a bit of pride.

Incompetnce

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7413375.stm

Yep...

Hearts interim manager Stevie Frail is to leave Tynecastle and will be replaced by a new boss as Hearts plan ahead for next season.

Frail was unavailable for comment on Wednesday, but BBC Sport can reveal that he is aware that a new managerial team is to be brought in.

Hearts, who finished the season in a disappointing eighth place, appointed Frail caretaker boss in January.

He had previously been in joint charge along with Anatoly Korobochka.

That followed the departure of first-team coach Valdas Ivanauskas in March 2007.

Mark McGhee has been widely tipped to take over at Hearts after leading Motherwell to third place in his first season at Fir Park. But Well chairman John Boyle has said that he has had no approach from Hearts for his manager's services.

"I had dinner with Mark the other night and, if he's leaving, he never mentioned it to me," said Boyle.

"Hearts have made no approach and I'm pretty confident of keeping Mark for next season."

McGhee said at the weekend that there had been no official approach for his services.

However, he admitted that other clubs would have been taking note of Motherwell's success.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So, what we know so far: -

- Frail hasn't left yet. There is speculation, according to Jim Spence, that he is leaving. If so, what has Charles Diddy, Spence's main source, got to do with it?

- Frail is potentially going to Septic. Therefore, there is speculation that a new management team coming in. What about the scenario that Frail has jacked it in at Tynecastle to go back to coaching elsewhere?

I'm still very sceptical about this new management team claim.

I'm not convinced that our new manager is McGee but I am that Frail is on his way.

Wish him all the best, maybe wasn't perfect but at least he tried! Good Luck

jack D and coke
lets hope Shaggy doesnt sign a confidentiality agreement and spills the beans

good luck to the man in the future, wrong place wrong time in my opinion

Good luck to the guy. He wasn't maybe fully qualified for the position but imo our position would've been alot worse had he not taken over from meesh and mash halfway through the season. He annoyed the **** out of me with his constant selection of clum but that apart i've got loads of time for Shaggy and i wish him all the best. I hope he doesn't bear any grudges towards the support cos he got some stick on here.

We haven't appointed anyone else yet and maybe we'll be wishing he was back when we find out who balloon bobby is giving the gig to next. I'm dreading it tbh.

Hopefully Celtic have Frail in mind to take over Strachan.

Or is that just whishful thinking?

markletissier

wrong man for the top job but i honestly believe we should keep him for the youths or something similar.

Only a Game
lets hope Shaggy doesnt sign a confidentiality agreement and spills the beans

I'm not sure there's that many more beans to spill is there ?

Its public knowledge the way our club is run and the interfering our owner does. I'm not interested anymore in hearing the details of how and why players were selected by Vlad. Its enough to know that it was happening.

The appointment that is coming will tell you right away whether its going to continue to happen or not.

Frail wasnt going to take us anywhere decent if he had got the gig, so in that way I'm glad he's not getting it. A bit surprised that he's going (if its true) and I'd imagine he either jumped ship himself having been offered a job or his leaving is part of the deal between Romanov and whoever is coming in.

I suspect he's just got fed up not knowing and walked and I think we are possibly not much nearer to having a new team in place than we were on January 1st.

At least Frail leaving ensures that this must happen now.

I'm not bothered either way if he leaves or slinks back into the background at Hearts. He's distinctly average.

Only a Game
Good luck to the guy. He wasn't maybe fully qualified for the position but imo our position would've been alot worse had he not taken over from meesh and mash halfway through the season. He annoyed the **** out of me with his constant selection of clum but that apart i've got loads of time for Shaggy and i wish him all the best. I hope he doesn't bear any grudges towards the support cos he got some stick on here.

We haven't appointed anyone else yet and maybe we'll be wishing he was back when we find out who balloon bobby is giving the gig to next. I'm dreading it tbh.

People forget he was a significant part of the mish mash throughout the season. He didnt just arrive in January and transform the team. He was there from August to December being a big part of why we were garbage.

davemclaren
Don't really care.

Can't see much changing next season to be honest.

You must planning on going then, to see it not change?:P

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Must say the 2 faced attitude of Kickback is quite astonishing. The guy has been left nameless in here for weeks now. Yet everyone now see's fit to admit he was on a hiding to nothing and are wishing him all the best and even sympathising with him.

If he story is true and Frail is away then for me he owes us absolutly nothing. I hope the guy does spill the beans and at the same time stops blindly praising US the fans and maybe has a wee go at US for some of the rubbish posted. There was no other option after Frail. Vlad so to that with his ridicoulas recruitment policy. The running of our football club was trusted to a man with no formal qualifications to do it. And still we hounded him. How and why he lasted this long is a miracle.

For what its worth Stevie, If this story is true and you are away, then this club will be worse off without you. Maybe a little bit more patience and understanding may have been called for, but i suppose there is very little of that going round in the modern game.

Ray Winstone
Must say the 2 faced attitude of Kickback is quite astonishing. The guy has been left nameless in here for weeks now. Yet everyone now see's fit to admit he was on a hiding to nothing and are wishing him all the best and even sympathising with him.

If he story is true and Frail is away then for me he owes us absolutly nothing. I hope the guy does spill the beans and at the same time stops blindly praising US the fans and maybe has a wee go at US for some of the rubbish posted. There was no other option after Frail. Vlad so to that with his ridicoulas recruitment policy. The running of our football club was trusted to a man with no formal qualifications to do it. And still we hounded him. How and why he lasted this long is a miracle.

For what its worth Stevie, If this story is true and you are away, then this club will be worse off without you. Maybe a little bit more patience and understanding may have been called for, but i suppose there is very little of that going round in the modern game.

Plenty of people still think he was *****e and are glad to see the back of him - myself included.

Plenty of people still think he was *****e and are glad to see the back of him - myself included.

Yup.

Clueless and inept.

Thank you for trying your best Stevie. Good luck in your next appointment.

John

Seconded.

He was surrounded by a myriad of players who didn't give a toss about failure and he followed long line of people (I refuse to use the word 'coaches') who cared even less.

He gave his best. Maybe it wasn't enough to save his skin but the fact that his contract expires 'in weeks' says more about Vlad than anything else. What a way to treat a guy who tried so hard.

Charlie-Brown

Apparently I am Charlie Mann I can personally confirm this is a ST sales push inspired wind up :laugh:

davemclaren
Apparently I am Charlie Mann I can personally confirm this is a ST sales push inspired wind up :laugh:

When is our meeting happening then? :P

Only a Game

I dont see that many being two faced about it, there were 2 sides of opinion right enough. One side who thought he was part of the problem all season and still didnt have it after January when he lost every "must win game" we went in for. The other side who thought he was decent but was on a "hiding to nothing" even though he did quite well after January.

I dont see anyone changing sides here. One side are glad to see the back of him, presumably the side who said all along that he was part of the problem and the other side are saying he has been a bit hard done by.

He got criticised on here because he did things worthy of criticism. He got praised by others who thought he steadied the ship.

Personally I thought he did a poor job both before and after January and I'm pleased he's not going to be the manager. I do think he showed enough commitment if nothing else to at least get a role further down the chain, but something has happened there that i dont think too many were expecting.

davemclaren

Half the question is answered ( if true ) so that has to be good. The important part is the second part of the question.:cool:

Charlie-Brown
When is our meeting happening then? :P

Due to lack of interest tomorrow is cancelled

Let the clocks be reset and the pendulums held

'Cos there's nothing at all 'cept the space in between

Finding out what you're called and repeating your name

:P

Snake Plissken

Add me to that list.

For all this talk of Frail being a good coach - what exactly is that based on?!

I thought coaches made players play better - not one player has made any significant progress this year. Driver and Jonsson showed glimpses but I suspect we have seen the merest glimpse of their true talent.

So Frail didn't play any part in making players play better - so he's a good coach because the players like him?!

Just because he has the interests at the club at heart does not make him good - I'm sure if any of us were appointed coach at Hearts we'd give it everything but that doesn't mean we should.

While I know that he's most likely the victim of circumstance and that the true villain of the piece is a Lithuanian maniac. But that does not mean that Frail's departure is bad for the club.

Hopefully the rest of the clueless backroom staff will be emptied when this new manager comes in.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I bet EVERY fan is wanting MM as the manager.

I have been hurting for so long bu this news would make me SO happy.

PLEASE let it be true.

PLEASE.

WeeToonJambo

I'm in the group that wishes Shaggy all the best wherever he goes. He tried hard but was found wanting in tactical awareness and use of subs.

I would now love to hear from all those who said, without any doubt in their minds, "Frail will be our manager next season". I think even hours before this news was leaked, there was a poster on here saying precisely that. I expect the silence to be deafening!

As for who our new manager will be? I haven't a clue!

Geoff Kilpatrick
I'm in the group that wishes Shaggy all the best wherever he goes. He tried hard but was found wanting in tactical awareness and use of subs.

I would now love to hear from all those who said, without any doubt in their minds, "Frail will be our manager next season". I think even hours before this news was leaked, there was a poster on here saying precisely that. I expect the silence to be deafening!

Er, has he left yet?

Jambosimmy

What worreis me is that we will end end up withj some randon sub standard coach from eastern europe again. he will disappear into the background and it will be left to one of the coaches again to pick up the peices.

I just dont trust anything that VR says at the moment. I dont beleive for one minute that we will have a proper manager in place by the start of next season.

Having an interim manager seems to the be the norm at the moment at tynecastle. just doeant work for me. so so frustrating

What worreis me is that we will end end up withj some randon sub standard coach from eastern europe again.

We already have one of those with the title Sporting Director!, will only be convinced we are serious about changing when he goes. :mad:

walton1983
I have a feeling a new manager will be announced after hibs play m'well tomorrow night.

If MM and Leitch are telling the truth it's not them, so who is it. If Frail is going you would think that a new management team would be in place. May be some one we have not even mentioned.

Guest GhostHunter

"New Management Team"

What current "team" are kicking about ready to move to a new club ?

The only ones I can think of, are SL and MM....

walton1983

TWO WORDS

CASH FLOW

Hagar the Horrible

Shaggy was on hiding to nothing, he is such a good bloke that with all the rigmarole at Hearts ended up with the gig by default. It is not his fault he was promoted out of his comfort zone and well beyong his competencies. He was very media freindly and if he ends up at the tattie bowl to replace Burns then the media will be delighted if he is interviewed rather than Strapon. However sometimes he did come accross as (MSS) Comical Ali? "there are no tanks outside Tynecastle, all western lies, death to the infadel!"

I wish him well and will prosper outside the madness, as he will have learnt one lesson that being mr nice guy gets you knowhere.

As for a Hearts fans view point much as i would like to see him remaining as reserve coach, It does show that the new man in charge if he is prepared to axe shaggy then it sends out some sort of message that he is in ccontrol and interference has not started before taking post yet!

The King is dead, long live the King!

Hagar the Horrible

For what it's worth

The clever Money may be on MM but dont be too supprised if Kerr gets the gig?

Either way i will be hapy to return to being a proper football club

I thought that the plan was Frail to continue as a puppet as he has been since the start of January. That now looks less likely (though we have seen players rebound back into the squad in the last year or so).

However, it is clear that it is now time to sack the manager - ie Vlad. His footballing decisions in the past 2 1/2 years have been beyond belief.

I wonder if the fans will stand for another puppet. Clear choice at this point for Vlad - clear out the entire footballing operation and instal a real manager. Or bring in another puppet.

Is Frail not half way through his coaching course paid for by Vlad?

I don't think he'll spill the beans ..... yet.

Hagar the Horrible

Sorry this is a bity of a Greggs as i dont know the people that well? but apparently Lambert has turned down a coaching role at the Tattiebowl?

2+2=5555555

Trying to find out more?

I've always said Frail was the scapegoat, the sacrificial lamb.

He certainly bought Vlad time and took the heat off him - I'm not sure anyone can deny that.

The reality is we were 2nd bottom when he came in, and by the time he finished our results with him in charge we were top 6 in so far as the form book would show.

I'm not sure how anyone can really justify the vitriol aimed at Frail?

Yes people can be frustrated by the fact we didnt play that attractive football, or his continued reliance upon Elliot, or his slightly toing and froing post match comments, but to wish him GTF and revel in his departure?

It just goes to prove how very bizarre a place JKB is.

What puzzles me about this is this.

Either Vlad has fired Frail or the new man doesnt want him or Frail has chosen to leave.

Now there is a chance Vlad fired Frail because he did, over the last couple of games of the season aim a couple of broadsides at the way the club was run - interference, pulling in the same direction etc. Possible? Maybe, but by and large Frail has been perfect for Vlad and it was stated that the new manager would be required to work with him in some form

I dont think Frail chose to leave because he spoke as if he was desperate to stay - in some capacity.

So the new man doesnt want him?

Well IF the new man is McGhee I find this strange. He doesnt seem the sort that goes around with an entourage demanding they all get jobs

For example, he was happy to accept Scott Leitch as part of his team at Motherwell.

In addition, Hearts need a coaching set up of more than Leitch and McGhee. Frail could easily have been reserve coach in that set up.

I really dont understand it all but I just wish it would be sorted out sooner rather than later.

Deep down I am fascinated by all of this and nervously excited about a new man coming in. On the surface though I am prepared for the worst. Whether that is some Kaunas puppet, or whether that is our shiny new manager being bulleted before Xmas.

I would like to wish Shaggy all the best.

He is a good guy and I believe a Hearts man. Unfortunately he was thrown into this too early in his coaching career and was found wanting as the bunch of over paid wasters he inherited could not be motivated by him probably due to his lack of experience. Personally I would have prefered him to be retained in some capacity even if it was the role he did before. His continued support of Clum did it for me (as manager) and I could not see why he constantly had gone out his way to support this player. Too much too soon would sum it up for Shaggy but the owners have hung him out to dry for their own purposes so lets just hope when the manager is announced it is worth all the heartache. Good luck shaggy and maybe someday as a more experienced manager you can return under a different regime

Archived