Frail to go - on BBC Radio Scotland now

Say What Again

Bootboy100
Risky Business if true.

Current "manager" let go, no new manager in place.

That's really going to sell ST's prior to 30th May....

By the way - it was missed on the MM thread..

Irish papers today reporting Brian Kerr (ex ROI manager) has left his current club, and apparantly an unnamed Scottish Club are set to appoint him this week.

I truly would not know what to think or say if this guy was appointed and I am only talking about is ability!!!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spence added that McGhee had been widely tipped for the job but John Boyle said no contact had been made.

No need for John Boyle to be contacted, the only folk requiring to be contacted are the posters on JKB. ;)

IMA MAROON
The players will now, rightly, be ****ting themselves as if the management team isnt anything to do with Lithuania then they will have to prove themselves to someone who has no favourites. So I can see players like Clum, Miko, Chesney, Zaliukas etc etc wondering where they will play football next season.

The players might well be looking forward to it. Maybe they want things to be run normally.

Guest GhostHunter

Not sure - he was DoF at St Pat's until yesterday, and I know some Irish fans who were not overly impressed with his tenure of the National Side...

Still....Fruppet's away now, so it could be a case of, he who makes the first move, gets the gig.

:D

PS - Good Luck Frail at Ra Sellik.(spit)

I truly would not know what to think or say if this guy was appointed and I am only talking about is ability!!!

I would rather have Brian Kerr that palys for the vermin before this one.

Truly gutted if this happens and I am a shade worried as well.

Guest GhostHunter

Damn Tooting....

Interestingly (or worryingly) wasn't he in charge of St Pats when we beat them in the UEFA Cup ?

Irish papers today reporting Brian Kerr (ex ROI manager) has left his current club, and apparantly an unnamed Scottish Club are set to appoint him this week.

Motherwell?;)

Bootboy100

I think a text to my broadsheet journo friend is required!!!

Not sure - he was DoF at St Pat's until yesterday, and I know some Irish fans who were not overly impressed with his tenure of the National Side...

Still....Fruppet's away now, so it could be a case of, he who makes the first move, gets the gig.

:D

PS - Good Luck Frail at Ra Sellik.(spit)

Maybe Motherwell know that McGhee is offski, so they've got a new manager lined up quickly?

Just another way of looking at it.

Cut The Crap

Given all the contributors on JKB who claim to have such great contacts within the club, I find it strange that I learn first of Frail's departure from, er, Jim Spence. ;)

Probably I should just keep tabs on the BBC website, instead of coming here.

Cut The Crap
Risky Business if true.

It wasn't missed - it was just too awful to contemplate.

Guest GhostHunter
It wasn't missed - it was just too awful to contemplate.

:rofl:

Just think...

Brian Kerr, Manager, Heart of Midlothian FC.

:boak:

I'm away for a lie down

Quite glad Frail has (allegedly)departed as hopefully it means any new manager is bringing in his 'own team'. (with any luck a few others will follow)

Frail was just not up to the job imo.

Good luck to Frail in the future though.

The cruckie cookie

This can't be true. I don't believe it.

How can we sack a Manager who would have had us in 3rd in the league if it started in January.

See ye Shaggy.

Thanks for the time it was really... well...ermm...Get tae ya muppet.:)

Jam Tarts 1874
Given all the contributors on JKB who claim to have such great contacts within the club, I find it strange that I learn first of Frail's departure from, er, Jim Spence. ;)

Probably I should just keep tabs on the BBC website, instead of coming here.

It's always the same. The likes of the BBC are always going to get hold of stories first, they have the contacts and the relationships with insiders at all the clubs. There are lots of people on here who get their kicks trying to make out that they know something, quite sad.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Delighted to see Frail go but there is no denying he is a Hearts man and worked to the best of his ability.

The Thellick gig is a good move for him.

I think Brian Kerr would be OK, he did an outstanding job looking after the irish youth set up, so if we are looking at someone to bring on young players he'd be an ideal candidate. When he took over the full team a lot of their best players were retiring although their expectations were still high so he was on a bit of a hiding to nothing but they were just squeezed out of qualification in tight groups so he didn't do that bad.

Nucky Thompson
And Forth One says he's off to Celtic.
Maybe he wasn't pushed but he jumped:rolleyes:

rudi must stay
It's always the same. The likes of the BBC are always going to get hold of stories first, they have the contacts and the relationships with insiders at all the clubs. There are lots of people on here who get their kicks trying to make out that they know something, quite sad.

i think its fair enough, makes the days that bit more interesting tbh. As long as you don't believe everything that is

Jam Tarts 1874
Delighted to see Frail go but there is no denying he is a Hearts man and worked to the best of his ability.

The Thellick gig is a good move for him.

What do you think the chances are of Frail in the away dugout at Tynecastle in the years to come - waving to the Celtic fans, kissing the badge etc etc?

:rolleyes:

And Forth One says he's off to Celtic.

Who....Fhrail, McGhhee or Kherr? (forgot a wee smilie)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
What do you think the chances are of Frail in the away dugout at Tynecastle in the years to come - waving to the Celtic fans, kissing the badge etc etc?

:rolleyes:

THIS WAS FHRAILS AND STHEVEN PRESSLEYS PLAN ALL ALONG. :mad:

SOLD THEIR SOUL FOR 30 PIECES OF SILVER. :mad:

VALD GTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!ONE!!11SEVEN :mad:

Guest GhostHunter
THIS WAS FHRAILS AND STHEVEN PRESSLEYS PLAN ALL ALONG. :mad:

SOLD THEIR SOUL FOR 30 PIECES OF SILVER. :mad:

VALD GTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!ONE!!11SEVEN :mad:

:roflcopter:

lollolololol

Only a Game
Risky Business if true.

You can only make assumptions from this latest development.

1. Surely we can assume that if Frail is leaving, there's a management "team" in place, signed up and just waiting to be announced. A management team that dont need Frail, dont want him, or the finances can no longer afford him.

2. If you accept that a management "team" is in place, it doesnt look very much like its McGhee as Motherwell specifically say there's been no contact.

Rawrrrrrrr

Just how many coaches do celtic need

They have just poached a motherwell youth coach as well

You can only make assumptions from this latest development.

1. Surely we can assume that if Frail is leaving, there's a management "team" in place, signed up and just waiting to be announced. A management team that dont need Frail, dont want him, or the finances can no longer afford him.

2. If you accept that a management "team" is in place, it doesnt look very much like its McGhee as Motherwell specifically say there's been no contact.

Motherwell still have one, albeit meaningless, game to go this season.

I dont think them saying nothing has been said is much to base that on.

See various Hibs managers with various Hibs players.

Charlie-Brown
Just how many coaches do celtic need

They have just poached a motherwell youth coach as well

Well obviously they lost a high profile coach in Tommy Burns who was head of their Academy and I believe Motherwell head of youth Chris McCart will soon replace him but they just recently took on Neil Lennon as a 1st team coach and they already have Willie McStay & Danny McGrain who currently look after the reserve & U19 teams........

Only a Game

I dont think them saying nothing has been said is much to base that on.

yes but they're not saying "nothing" are they.

they're categorically saying there has been no contact from Hearts

Thats either

1. A big lie

2. The truth

3. A clever play on words.

I know that McGhee is currently top of the wish list but if you accept what Hearts appear to have done today re Frail, and accept that Boyle at Motherwell is telling the truth, then you have to arrive at the conclusion that ITS NOT MCGHEE.

Charlie-Brown

Thats either

1. A big lie

2. The truth

Maybe Hearts won't officially contact them until Friday or Monday (if they do want McGhee)

Thank you for trying your best Stevie. Good luck in your next appointment.

John

Totally agree. A good Hearts man who tried his best. Good luck in finding another job.

Rabgee

Thats either

1. A big lie

2. The truth

I know that McGhee is currently top of the wish list but if you accept what Hearts appear to have done today re Frail, and accept that Boyle at Motherwell is telling the truth, then you have to arrive at the conclusion that ITS NOT MCGHEE.

I said "nothing has been said", not "nothing".

Hibs have been doing it for years when saying players will stay with them.

I just cannot see any club coming out and saying "Yeah actually, he's off".

I have as much idea as the rest of us whether he will be with us come seson 08/09, but I think completely discounting it because 'Well say that, is possibly a bit naive.

Imagine if it was vice versa and Romanov came out and (disregarding the insane way he would say it) said that our manager was away before the season ended to one of our rivals, we'd go ballistic.

Thats either

1. A big lie

2. The truth

Think its 3 myself. I dont think Hearts as an organisation have contacted him. I think its been direct from Romanov and his inner circle!

Only a Game
Maybe Hearts won't officially contact them until Friday or Monday (if they do want McGhee)

yes but the're not saying official contact are they, theyre saying any kind of contact.

you cant seriously be suggesting that we will approach Motherwell for the first time on Friday and have it tied up by Monday ?

And if that is the intention why have we ditched Frail ?

yes but the're not saying official contact are they, theyre saying any kind of contact.

you cant seriously be suggesting that we will approach Motherwell for the first time on Friday and have it tied up by Monday ?

We dont need Frail right now.

I think that is a good sign tbh.

Only a Game
I said "nothing has been said", not "nothing".

Hibs have been doing it for years when saying players will stay with them.

I just cannot see any club coming out and saying "Yeah actually, he's off".

I have as much idea as the rest of us whether he will be with us come seson 08/09, but I think completely discounting it because 'Well say that, is possibly a bit naive.

Imagine if it was vice versa and Romanov came out and (disregarding the insane way he would say it) said that our manager was away before the season ended to one of our rivals, we'd go ballistic.

for christs sake no one is expecting them to confirm he's coming to Hearts, but surely if there is something happening you put out the usual bland statement saying "he's the Motherwell manager and we hope to keep it that way blah blah blah. You surely dont specifically say " There has been no contact from Hearts" if there has been contact. How feckin stupid are they going to look when it emerges we've been talking to them for weeks, as many on here would have us believe.

Charlie-Brown

I know it's splitting hair OaG but the BBC article said

But Well chairman John Boyle has said that he has had no approach from Hearts for his manager's services.

"I had dinner with Mark the other night and, if he's leaving, he never mentioned it to me," said Boyle.

"Hearts have made no approach and I'm pretty confident of keeping Mark for next season."

McGhee said at the weekend that there had been no official approach for his services.

However, he admitted that other clubs would have been taking note of Motherwell's success.

........ no mention about NO CONTACT............is contact / approach different?

Only a Game
We dont need Frail right now.

I think that is a good sign tbh.

I think its a good sign that we have lost Frail, in terms that a new management team are definetly coming.

I dont think it points to that team being Mark McGhee though. In fact I think it points directly away from that scenario.

for christs sake no one is expecting them to confirm he's coming to Hearts, but surely if there is something happening you put out the usual bland statement saying "he's the Motherwell manager and we hope to keep it that way blah blah blah. You surely dont specifically say " There has been no contact from Hearts" if there has been contact. How feckin stupid are they going to look when it emerges we've been talking to them for weeks, as many on here would have us believe.

I agree it does seem a bit odd if what we are led to believe is true.

Rawrrrrrrr

But Well chairman John Boyle has said that he has had no approach from Hearts for his manager's services.

"I had dinner with Mark the other night and, if he's leaving, he never mentioned it to me," said Boyle.

"Hearts have made no approach and I'm pretty confident of keeping Mark for next season."

McGhee said at the weekend that there had been no official approach for his services.

However, he admitted that other clubs would have been taking note of Motherwell's success.

........ no mention about NO CONTACT............is contact / approach different?

To me no approach means no contact

but then our owners wouldnt pay you to admit that

Only a Game

In football terms when your looking fro a new manager IMO contact means exactly the same as approach.

I did say earlier that they could be playing with words, but I'd be seriously unhappy as a Motherwell fan for Boyle to be giving out one message and doing precisely the opposite behind the scenes. I thought that only Hearts played with the fans feelings in that way and Boyle, more than anyone, needs to keep his fan base onside.

Charlie-Brown

Contact: Can we explore terms & interest etc with your manager (no firm offer)

Approach: We'd like to take / offer your manager our Job (firm offer)

Surely they have to contact them in order to approach them and vice versa,no.

How do you approach some one without contacting them first,do they just walk up to one another and say zip?

I think we owe the guy a debt of gratitude for us not being relegated because under Koro and Cervenkov, that's exactly where we were headed.

A good guy who loved the club and gave all he had.

Nowhere near qualified for the job and if this signals the arrival of a proper manager, then this is a positive step.

Thanks Shaggy.

We had 20 points when they left - that's more than Gretna finished with.

Archived