Frail to go - on BBC Radio Scotland now

Say What Again

Say What Again

Jim Spence saying Frail will LEAVE Hearts and a new management team will take over.

Said Frail was 'unavailable for comment' but BBC Scotland understands that Frail is aware he won't be part of the new coaching setup.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pants Shaton

Interesting to see whether any of the myriad of coaches who have constantly praised Frail will see fit to employ him at their clubs?

Say What Again

Spence added that McGhee had been widely tipped for the job but John Boyle said no contact had been made.

Jambosimmy

Im a bit gutted at that news to be honest. I never wanted frail to be appointed as manager as i feel he was tactilly inempt. I think a coaching role would have been ideal for him. He has been a great servant to hearts and gave 100% when things were not going his way. very disappointed at this news

The Future's Maroon

Can this thread take over the Mark McGhee one?!!

Not a suprise to be honest?

BigBreezey

lets hope Shaggy doesnt sign a confidentiality agreement and spills the beans

good luck to the man in the future, wrong place wrong time in my opinion

Commander Harris
Im a bit gutted at that news to be honest. I never wanted frail to be appointed as manager as i feel he was tactilly inempt. I think a coaching role would have been ideal for him. He has been a great servant to hearts and gave 100% when things were not going his way. very disappointed at this news

unless it means the new manager want his own coaches?

(please, please, please!)

Craigieboy

I like Frail as a person but I'm doubtful about his managing ability.

All the best wherever he goes.

Raith?

If true do we get an immediate new manager

Or does Vlad actually get to be official interim interim head coach for the close season?

The Future's Maroon
Interesting to see whether any of the myriad of coaches who have constantly praised Frail will see fit to employ him at their clubs?
Well there has been alot on here about him going to Celtic?

Does this also hint that a new manager has already said he didnt want/need Frail? Or is it that Frail himself has walked?

Info still a bit sketchy for me!

flecktimus

Would that be Blacks of Gorebridge or Parks Of Hamilton

The Future's Maroon
lets hope Shaggy doesnt sign a confidentiality agreement and spills the beans

good luck to the man in the future, wrong place wrong time in my opinion

I'll second that.

If true do we get an immediate new manager

Or does Vlad actually get to be official interim interim head coach for the close season?

I have a feeling a new manager will be announced after hibs play m'well tomorrow night.

Regal Kingston
Jim Spence saying Frail will LEAVE Hearts and a new management team will take over.

Said Frail was 'unavailable for comment' but BBC Scotland understands that Frail is aware he won't be part of the new coaching setup.

Surely there must be a place at Hearts for Stevie Frail

As much as he is tactically inept the players seemed to like him and for that reason he should be.....no **** it sack him! A Hibs mate of min confessed to liking Frail which says it all really.

Cheers for your efforrts Stevie, could you please take Ivaskevicius, Ksnasvicius, Elliot, Makela & Mole with you?

Commander Harris

parks.

Dr. Bapswent

A mistake IMO, to boost Frail out the door after his service and also to sever his clearly respected ties with the club setup.

But more importantly a new head coach is in order.

Chad Sexington
Glad Frail is away, he has too many favourites.

I feel the same way.

I don't think he has the respect of the players either. All the "Shaggy this and Shaggy that" nonsense was shocking.

Heres hoping the new guy kicks some wage thief ass.

;)

cosanostra

I think we owe the guy a debt of gratitude for us not being relegated because under Koro and Cervenkov, that's exactly where we were headed.

A good guy who loved the club and gave all he had.

Nowhere near qualified for the job and if this signals the arrival of a proper manager, then this is a positive step.

Thanks Shaggy.

Commander Harris
A mistake IMO, to boost Frail out the door after his service and also to sever his clearly respected ties with the club setup.

But more importantly a new head coach is in order.

depends if he was pushed, or went of his own accord.

Not Allans of Gorebridge?

Jambosimmy

yep i suppose you are right there but i cant help to feel sorry for frail. thanks for plugging the gap for the past few months now back up your balls and leave.

I guess that frail was maybe given this info in jan when he was given full control. :confused::confused:

Say What Again
Does this also hint that a new manager has already said he didnt want/need Frail? Or is it that Frail himself has walked?

The report seemed to suggest Frail had been informed he wouldn't be part of the new management setup.

Whether that means he was binned - or offered a lesser role he turned down - the report didn't say.

I'm sure a little more info will be available soon, it was 'breaking' at the time they announced it.

Pants Shaton
Surely there must be a place at Hearts for Stevie Frail

As much as he is tactically inept the players seemed to like him and for that reason he should be.....no **** it sack him! A Hibs mate of min confessed to liking Frail which says it all really.

Cheers for your efforrts Stevie, could you please take Ivaskevicius, Ksnasvicius, Elliot, Makela & Mole with you?

In the same way we liked Jim Duffy and Franck Sauzee when they managed Hibs, no doubt.

John Findlay

Thank you for trying your best Stevie. Good luck in your next appointment.

John

As I said on another thread, the Jan statement said that the new manager was to work alongside Korobochka. I'd be much happier if it was announced he's leaving. :confused:

Dr. Bapswent
depends if he was pushed, or went of his own accord.

Of course.

But after what we have seen him go through, I dont think he'd simply walk if there was a position for him.

And to make it clear there wasnt a position is a bit harsh,

The only way it works out decently is if the new gaffer said he wants his own man.

Guest casper
Well there has been alot on here about him going to Celtic?

Info still a bit sketchy for me!

Frail has been reading Kickback for the last couple of days and has gone to renew his season ticket.

Glad Frail is away, he has too many favourites.

IMO that was part of the problem.

Judging by some of his past comments I'm not sure he was ever convinced that he was going to get the gig and wanted to remain a 'good guy' in case he ended up back in a lower coaching position again.

I guess he was put in a no win situation and tried to make the best of it.

Frail was the best manager (for some cases read head coach/team of ******s) we've had at dealing with Romanov.

After every game the manager has to speak to Vlad to explain every thing. Some managers would resent this, some would pander and others would work themselves into a nervous wreck. To Frail it was no bother, he had an answer for everything Vlad asked and that's basically what you need to do when talking to Vlad. His ability to handle Vlad was probably the main reason he was able to, for most part anyway, select his own side.

While I'm glad Frail is no longer going to be manager, it would have been useful for him to stick around and advise the new manager on how best to deal with the dictatoral lunatic that is our majority shareholder. Keeping him around would have proved useful in that opinion.

Although I do partially agree with the argument that we need to have a complete clean sweep.

Does Jim Spence have the same source that told me 2nd hand today that square heid Collins knows for definite McGhee will be announced as the new Hearts manager on............................

wait for it.......................................

JUNE 27th TWO THOUSAND AND ?

Salary increase from ?75k to ?350k

That's a hell of a lot of speculation time.

Me nerves are jangling!!!!!!

The Future's Maroon
I think we owe the guy a debt of gratitude for us not being relegated because under Koro and Cervenkov, that's exactly where we were headed.

Nowhere near qualified for the job and if this signals the arrival of a proper manager, then this is a positive step.

Thanks Shaggy.

Cant disagree with that, fair enough he wasnt good enough for the job full time....but he gave his all and some of the comments about telling him to **** off etc are a bit out of order.

Walter Bishop
Does Jim Spence have the same source that told me 2nd hand today that square heid Collins knows for definite McGhee will be announced as the new Hearts manager on............................

wait for it.......................................

JUNE 27th TWO THOUSAND AND ?

:hobofish:

Frail was the best manager (for some cases read head coach/team of ******s) we've had at dealing with Romanov.

After every game the manager has to speak to Vlad to explain every thing. Some managers would resent this, some would pander and others would work themselves into a nervous wreck. To Frail it was no bother, he had an answer for everything Vlad asked and that's basically what you need to do when talking to Vlad. His ability to handle Vlad was probably the main reason he was able to, for most part anyway, select his own side.

While I'm glad Frail is no longer going to be manager, it would have been useful for him to stick around and advise the new manager on how best to deal with the dictatoral lunatic that is our majority shareholder. Keeping him around would have proved useful in that opinion.

Although I do partially agree with the argument that we need to have a complete clean sweep.

You are 100% correct,frail could sell snow to the eskimos if he could convince vlad that clum elliott was worth a starting berth!!!!!.

Pants Shaton

Thanks Shaggy.

'Relegated' is a bit melodramatic - the plight of Gretna made that impossible.

He improved our performances when given more (but not complete) autonomy.

He was complicit in the lies and disrespect shown to the supporters of this club.

He was presumably paid reasonably well to do a difficult job.

If he is genuinely held in as high regard as victorious opposition coaches and football pundits suggested then he should have no problem in getting a new job. I wish him well.

Jam Tarts 1874
As I said on another thread, the Jan statement said that the new manager was to work alongside Korobochka. I'd be much happier if it was announced he's leaving. :confused:

Yes I agree. Hearts do not need a sports director who has the ear of the interim manager. I don't think Korobochka has helped Frail at all.

Ray Winstone

Not sad to see Frail go, just hope we can follow this up by appointing a decent manager.

John

I'll second that. I liked him as a player and as a person. Honest guy who fell short in management role but who could work under the set up at Tynecastle. Let down by several players and the Romanovs. Good luck wherever he goes as his coaching ability seems to be good.

Hopefuly this means McGhee is on the way.

Say What Again
theres nothing on the bbc site,is this official?

Yes there is mate

BBC

cosanostra
'Relegated' is a bit melodramatic - the plight of Gretna made that impossible.

He improved our performances when given more (but not complete) autonomy.

He was complicit in the lies and disrespect shown to the supporters of this club.

He was presumably paid reasonably well to do a difficult job.

If he is genuinely held in as high regard as victorious opposition coaches and football pundits suggested then he should have no problem in getting a new job. I wish him well.

You are probably right there.

It was more forgetful than melodramatic though, Gretna completely slipped my mind.

Jambotommy

John

Agreed John.:)

The man gave 110% to the cause, welcome back anytime in my book.

So who is coming...or has Vlad had a change of heart?

I'm praying for McGhee.

Thig Ar Latha

I think Frail has been badly let down by the Club. He came from youth coach to first team coach due to Romanov's meddling. Unqualified and working with one hand behind his back, what did folk expect? Miracles? :mad:

Dr. Bapswent
I think Frail has been badly let down by the Club. He came from youth coach to first team coach due to Romanov's meddling. Unqualified and working with one hand behind his back, what did folk expect? Miracles? :mad:

Yes, unfortunately some folk on here seem to expect nothing less and greet about it if they dont get it.

Archived