We ONLY won 5-1 the comic book (reserve list news December 11th)

Ulysses

The order screen is now offline.

All orders received up to last night (Thursday) have been shipped.  Some only went early on Friday afternoon, but most went earlier this week.  One or two won't be sent until Tuesday because we only got the order or the delivery address during Friday (and we're not shipping over the weekend or on Monday).  We have a handful of orders for which no address has been supplied to us.

So if you ordered on Friday and gave us your delivery details your order will be shipped on Tuesday.  If you haven't yet given your delivery details, please contact me by PM or email and we'll get your order out as soon as we get a delivery address.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Uly, wee bit concerned that the pm I sent you with my address is coming up as not being read. Wondering if that's the case how book could be sent.

The order screen is now offline.

All orders received up to last night (Thursday) have been shipped.  Some only went early on Friday afternoon, but most went earlier this week.  One or two won't be sent until Tuesday because we only got the order or the delivery address during Friday (and we're not shipping over the weekend or on Monday).  We have a handful of orders for which no address has been supplied to us.

So if you ordered on Friday and gave us your delivery details your order will be shipped on Tuesday.  If you haven't yet given your delivery details, please contact me by PM or email and we'll get your order out as soon as we get a delivery address.

What's the final tally Uly?

What's the final tally Uly?

There isn't a final tally yet. There are still a limited number of copies left. The author will be trying to sell those offline over the coming days. Meanwhile, we've had a couple of requests for extra copies, but I don't know just yet if we can fulfil those.

But as of today the total ordered via JKB is 705, and the amount raised for Big Hearts will be at least ?3,700.

Hi Uly, wee bit concerned that the pm I sent you with my address is coming up as not being read. Wondering if that's the case how book could be sent.

How could I have doubted JKB efficiency? Arrived this morning. Thank you.

How could I have doubted JKB efficiency? Arrived this morning. Thank you.

I see everything.

Mwahahahahahaha........ :laugh:

Aw nuts :(

Anything do-able for those who procrastinated and never got around to ordering one?

Sell you this for a fiver?

9daacd52-18fd-44f8-b076-33bef976ab70_zps

a4ea16e1-aa06-45ff-af97-9bcca4c994a8_zps

7f3d997d-117e-4a1b-bffc-e01e10ba2979_zps

4c3ed2df-ae66-4647-ab19-77b6027e9c54_zps

Suspect Device

Cheers mate, hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow then :)

And it did today, should never have doubted you chaps.. Cheers Uly :-)

Arrived this morning. Looks fantastic, a really quirky fun reminder of a great season.

The cartoon of Lennon confronting the ref at the end of the semi final is brilliant.

Ulysses I have left a couple of PM's since my order was placed on 20th Nov and have still

L not received anything or had any confirmation from you on my order so not sure what is going wrong can you send me a PM to confirm. I ordered 3 books.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to cut into the positive attitude with some criticism here. Leigh Griffiths is nowhere near ugly enough.

Still not got my 3 copies and the postie has already been today, should I be worried?

First one arrived Saturday morning..brilliant, just two to come now.

Worried who me?

Unfortunately I'm going to have to cut into the positive attitude with some criticism here. Leigh Griffiths is nowhere near ugly enough.

That piece of poetic licence was needed to avoid a PG cert - a bit like Paddington, only with gross ugliness instead of mild sex references. :eek:

Fundraising update

In an effort to clear a limited number of copies remaining in stock, the author brought copies to Edinburgh to sell outside the game today. 

Subject to final checks that we've to do over Monday and Tuesday, all remaining stocks have now been sold.  We still have books on hands, but they are to be shipped to people who ordered recently on JKB and also to the small number of people who ordered on JKB but who have yet to provide delivery addresses.

We have some calculations to do, and we will provide a final fundraising update as soon as we can - hopefully during the week.  But for now I can tell members that the amount raised for Big Hearts from sales of the comic book is now in excess of:

?4,500

Fundraising update

But for now I can tell members that the amount raised for Big Hearts from sales of the comic book is now in excess of:

?4,500

That is incredible!!!!!

:bravo:

Kalamazoo Jambo

Excellent work :thumbsup:

My copies have arrived in the staging area (Balerno) ready for onward dispatch to the US of A.

Fundraising update

?4,500

We're still doing the accounts, but in the meantime here's a bump for the thread.

We don't have a final figure yet, but we're getting close to that point.

Tonight, our accounts update shows that the amount raised for Big Hearts by sales of the comic book has now reached:

?5,151.51

Thanks very much to everyone who has bought a copy.

:toasting:

The Great Khali

We don't have a final figure yet, but we're getting close to that point.

Tonight, our accounts update shows that the amount raised for Big Hearts by sales of the comic book has now reached:

?5,151.51

Thanks very much to everyone who has bought a copy.

:toasting:

That's surely a made up sum. Perfect :rofl:

I'm on honeymoon at the mo so my copy should be waiting for me to collect when I'm back :thumbsup:

Finally seen mine yesterday. Now the decision keep it or give it as Christmas present.

Must have been a heck of a lot of work for the guys involved over the past two months so a big thanks to all of you for getting your project over the finishing line.

Received my copy last week but, since it's a Christmas pressie, I've not been allowed to open it yet....Booooooo!!!

Delivery update

Most copies should have arrived by Thursday morning.

If you haven't got yours by then please let me know either by posting on this thread or sending a PM.

Reserve list

We have sold out, but there is a possibility that a small number of copies may become available.  If anyone is interested in ordering a copy, please post here or send me a PM or email to let me know and we'll put you on a reserve list on a first come first served basis.  We already have four on the reserve list, and anyone who contacts us over the next 48 hours or so will be given a priority order number just in case copies do become available.  Please note that this may not amount to anything because copies might not become available, and in any case even if they do we will not be able to guarantee any delivery timescale.

Response from Big Hearts

We received a message from Big Hearts, which I'm posting here for the attention of members.

Dear All,

I wanted to write a short note to thank you for the amazing efforts so many of you have put in to make the 5-1 Comic Book a stunning success. In doing so you've raised thousands of pounds for Big Hearts at a time when we are setting in a new, and we believe, very important direction.

Our plans will see us focus on families, indeed supporting many of 'our own' as we position Hearts as a club that gives back to families. We believe it's a total redefinition of family and football.

Our first programme of activity will focus on kinship caring, and we will have much more to report in the new year.

Once again I would like to sincerely thank you again. It's an incredible gesture, and one we will not forget.

Yours,
Jim Panton
Chairman, Big Hearts Community Trust

really amazing comic, cant believe the amount of effort that has gone into this.  The artist should be really proud of this bit of work, the detail is great and it's like a thriller.  Great work kickback getting this out as well pleased to own this love the pic of leigh griffiths on page 12 and Neil Lennon, so many cool bits.  You should do another run kickback

Archived