• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malcolm Tucker

• gashauskis9

• kolya

• :shitwine:

Craig Gordons Gloves

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE..... that there won't be another episode for a couple of weeks.

Choking with laughter at the McHattie "Bat out of Hell" song and having been at a game with the 2 chancers involved, i can also confirm that the swearing has already been cut back from normal levels :)

I think you should continue on the "Angry Hamill" theme - every time his name is mentioned you should interrupt with an angry, unintelligible outburst.

PumpkinJambo

Laughing at ep 2 at a bus stop! With regards to the swearing, I didn't think it was that bad... Maybe that says something about me and how much I swear though. Ummmm

Anyway, keep up the good work gents!

Just listened to the 2 episodes back to back and quite enjoyed them. 2nd one was an improvement on the first IMO and seemed more fluid to listen to. Have to admit to being a little bemused by the comments regarding swearing as I thought it was ok and mostly used in context. I was expecting far worse to be honest and I wouldn't change/care too much regarding that aspect of the podcast. Subscribed and look forward to future episodes.

Edited by Dazo

bigsuperslim1874

What was the lyrics to the McHattie (bat out of hell) song - caught the latter part but couldn't make out the lyrics at the start?

Thought the first one was quite good. Brightened up my dull drive to Fraserburgh yesterday. Had to drive to Dingwall today but I was too late for the second one. Downloaded it now & I will have a wee listen to it on my drive down the borders tomorrow.

Chris Benoit

Nowt wrong with some conversational swearing. Really enjoyed it again, not got any suggestions if I'm being honest I think if you tried to add features you'd lose the easy going feel it has which is what makes it so enjoyable.

Malcolm Tucker

Maybe we should all calm down from the game with a nice cup of hot chocolate and a podcast...

I'm gonna bang a drum all the way through the next one.

:jjyay:

Maybe we should all calm down from the game with a nice cup of hot chocolate and a podcast...

You could try grooming some kids at the same time too.

I look forward to the song about Angus Beith.

Amoruso_lets_it_run

Great effort again. As others have said a few more features would be good - I'm sure this will develop over time. Keep up the good (part time) work. Look forward to the next installment in a few weeks

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

I look forward to the song about Angus Beith.

You'd have to play around with the pronounciation of the words but you could shoehorn "The midfield cheif" and "hates Cowdenbeath" in.

i'll leave it to the experts though :ninja:

You'd have to play around with the pronounciation of the words but you could shoehorn "The midfield cheif" and "hates Cowdenbeath" in.

i'll leave it to the experts though :ninja:

Perhaps a wee reference to his hatred for the team from Leith too.

I P Knightley

Was the first mchattie song thunder road?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bat out of Hell then La Bamba

Echo what's been said already. I listened to both podcasts yesterday and this morning. Yes, a wee bit sweary but if I hadn't seen folk making comments, I wouldn't have had any concerns. I'm not a big swearer myself and would go with minimal swearing having a big effect (e.g. hesitating to find the right word before coming up with "twatting" the ball into the back of the net).

Overall, though, a very good, relaxed style of presentation; no embarrassing delays or talking over each other. Most enjoyable. Subscribed.

bigsuperslim1874

What was the lyrics to the McHattie (bat out of hell) song - caught the latter part but couldn't make out the lyrics at the start?

Anyone? Couldn't make out most of the lyrics?!?

Anyone? Couldn't make out most of the lyrics?!?

RADIO FRIENDLY EDIT:

McHattie will tell any Hibee to go suck a -----

And if that Hibee complains, McHattie will knock the ---- out, out, out

bigsuperslim1874

RADIO FRIENDLY EDIT:

Ha ha. Cheers - it was difficult to make the lyrics out with the lad straining to hit the higher register of his voice. :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

Ha ha. Cheers - it was difficult to make the lyrics out with the lad straining to hit the higher register of his voice. :thumbsup:

That is "the lad" you replied to

fabienleclerq

Listened to the first two episodes at work this morning - very enjoyable listening.

Can I suggest a few show features:

1. 'Hibernian Huddy of the week' - this can be current playing staff, management, historical Hibs players/celeb fans, Paul Kane or any other Hibs rasper who merits a going over.

2. Hearts 'Moment in Time' - select a season, special match and Hearts player and reminisce with warm fuzzy feelings. Of course could be focused on a terrible Hearts player - feature can be opened up to listeners suggestions.

3. HoMFC hair - pick the player (past or present), analyse the doo (including facial hair if appropriate) good or bad. Again - can be opened up to listeners suggestions

Looking forward to the next episode.

HoMFc?

Hearts cults (no I'm not a Hobo with fat fingers having a go!). What about a feature where you pick your all time Hearts cult XI over a series of episodes. That's cult payers as opposed to all time greats. So start with the goalie (has to be Henry) but you can debate a few alternatives before deciding on your choice. Eventually you have your all time cult XI.

You could also do the same for the all time worst XI to pull on the jersey, bound to be many laughs in arguing the merits of the likes of Christian Nade or Pat McShane for a striking role.

bigsuperslim1874

That is "the lad" you replied to

Ha ha - quality. Fair play, he gave it some welly with the singing.

Great stuff from the lads. Fully expect it to improve over time too with experience.

Having listened to several other podcasts I don't think that the swearing is ott.

Keep up the good work.

Bizarrely, I think a wee bit more criticism of Hearts might add to my enjoyment. For instance, you think Alim Ozturk's challenge on Liam Craig on the junction of the halfway line/touchline was "f****n' magic" whereas I think it was "f****n' stupid" and that yellow card may come back to haunt us in the future. There were other incidents covered in both shows where you laughed off the Hearts player's involvement, although you didn't miss Jamie Walker.

Another wee suggestion. If you're looking to get a third party in from time to time then why not get someone who is at the games you can't make/be arsed going to?

Ideal opportunity this coming week seeing as you weren't at Livi or going to Raith. Certainly nothing, other than your reluctance to criticise anything Hearts, stopping you having a discussion on our team selection at Livi or what you've heard about Raith or even how other teams results affected us this weekend or how teams are shaping up.

Are we going to get 18 - 20 shows this season on an intermittent basis when you can be bothered? Personally think it's not good enough (yet) to let folk drift away this early. We've got Falkirk next week, which I presume you'll cover, then an international weekend before Hearts trip to Dumbarton. Are you covering that?

Bizarrely, I think a wee bit more criticism of Hearts might add to my enjoyment. For instance, you think Alim Ozturk's challenge on Liam Craig on the junction of the halfway line/touchline was "f****n' magic" whereas I think it was "f****n' stupid" and that yellow card may come back to haunt us in the future. There were other incidents covered in both shows where you laughed off the Hearts player's involvement, although you didn't miss Jamie Walker.

Another wee suggestion. If you're looking to get a third party in from time to time then why not get someone who is at the games you can't make/be arsed going to?

Ideal opportunity this coming week seeing as you weren't at Livi or going to Raith. Certainly nothing, other than your reluctance to criticise anything Hearts, stopping you having a discussion on our team selection at Livi or what you've heard about Raith or even how other teams results affected us this weekend or how teams are shaping up.

Are we going to get 18 - 20 shows this season on an intermittent basis when you can be bothered? Personally think it's not good enough (yet) to let folk drift away this early. We've got Falkirk next week, which I presume you'll cover, then an international weekend before Hearts trip to Dumbarton. Are you covering that?

Is this for real? :laugh:

How to make one or two salient points in the most undiplomatic manner possible. Part 1. ;-)

How to make one or two salient points in the most undiplomatic manner possible. Part 1. ;-)

That's just it, he makes some good observations and offers feedback that's worth hearing. Shame about the barbs, though.

Enjoyed both episodes guys swear less than me so not an issue. Laughed out loud and Craig's slagging. Only thing that irritated me slightly were the cheap shots at Hamill not my favourite either but he kept us on the road to 5-1 in 2012, by controlling his anger.

The only real criticism of the guys is that they want to get their Hearts opinions heard but by their own admission can't be arsed with some games. I could understand if one or both were on holiday but this is week 3 of their podcast and I'm disappointed they've decided not to keep the momentum going. The games will have talking points (there is probably a half hour worth of talking points from Livingston alone and plenty folk who weren't there have put their tuppence worth in elsewhere) and presumably they'll read up on these and/or gauge opinions of people they know who were there and/or see them for themselves on TV? Still, it's their ba' and I'll listen in when itunes tells me I've got a new episode.

RADIO FRIENDLY EDIT:

As the creator of many a failed song on here over the years, this was right up my street. Laughed my arse off on the bus listening.

Great job guys, really enjoyable listen.

Great to see you on New and Noteworthy pods in sports on itunes. My pod The Gaffer Tapes is right next to it. Really enjoying yours, will leave a good review on itunes shortly.

Surprise! We recorded another show because there was just too much Jambo happenings.

Stream or subscribe on iTunes here.

Or on Android and other devices here.

Or go directly to the show here.

Please spread the word!

Jamboman1512

Surprise! We recorded another show because there was just too much Jambo happenings.

Please spread the word!

yas!.gif

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Please spread the word!

Bowed to the torrent of abuse fan pressure and recorded another one IMO.

Malcolm Tucker

Bowed to the torrent of abuse fan pressure and recorded another one IMO.

:sob:

That and I was too skint for Stenny...

Malcolm Tucker

You know it makes sense! You'll get a week off next week...

Just as well, as I'll be in Barcelona and Nicol will be in Madrid :lol:

Not having seen either match and still making the programme.

That's determination for you

well done

And keep ******* swearing

merseysidejambo

I've enjoyed them so far guys and genuinely think "the angriest man over 10 yards" is one of the funniest things I've ever heard!