***Official Hearts v Annan Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Sir, it's on Tuesday 29 July at 3.30pm at the Petrofac Training Centre in Aberdeen.

Games are scheduled for the midweek of August 19/20.

nice first post "in the know" ? :D

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A time and location for the draw that is perfectly fitting for the competition.

At least we have a time and location. The league and Scottish cups draws are usually done last minute down Buchanan Galleries or someplace similar.

Although weak opposition it was good to see us force our game onto them.

This has been missing for a couple of seasons.

Good tempo, good movement. Very happy to see we don't over pass and come to life in the right areas and try to get behind and hurt the opposition.

Although weak opposition it was good to see us force our game onto them.

This has been missing for a couple of seasons.

Good tempo, good movement. Very happy to see we don't over pass and come to life in the right areas and try to get behind and hurt the opposition.

It's been missing since 2005/06 season

Good workout. Annan worked hard all game. Impressed by Hearts. Gomis outstanding. King did well though don't know quality of defence. Encouraging all round. Could have been more but for some last ditch defending second half.

Francis Albert

Forcing the game has been missing since 2005/06? Presumably Jammy T boycotted 19/05/12.

BBC report has the Patterson injury as the result of a challenge. Hopefully just a knock or a twist.

from the wheatfield it looked like it was from a challenge. from his reaction it looked pretty damn bad.

BBC report has the Patterson injury as the result of a challenge. Hopefully just a knock or a twist.

I thought he got a late knock that twisted his knee? It looked like that from where I was

Thought we were pretty good today and surprisingly I thought we were better second half than the first.Early days and against lower opponents but was encourage by what I seen.Thought Gomis and King were especially good.

rudi must stay

For those of us that couldn't make it, can anyone summarise the game for me?

A comfortable victory I would say. I'm not sure about the defence in a tougher match, but the positioning does look alot better than it did last season. They could have maybe got a few more and were guilty of over playing it, but we look a solid team

Regular John

I wouldn't take too much away from today, Annan weren't really up to much at all.

Liked to us to have been really clinical and rooted them, and really made a statement.

In the end its an assured win but disappointing to take the foot off the gas in the 2nd and lose concentration at the end a bit.

heartsfc_fan

Quick summary.

Sow, King and Gomis very good.

Should've bagged a lot more goals - 6 or 7. Rarely tested. Sloppy defending at end there. Annan offered nothing going forward but the lad took his goal well.

We need another defender. Paterson looked badly injured(?)

Scott_HMFC1874

Thought we strolled the game. Played some excellent football,should have had a couple more goals at least. 2nd half was fairly dull, but that wasn't surprising. Game was won, maybe Patersons injury on their minds, didn't want to push it.

Gomis was outstanding, so calm and his ability to win the ball back its something else.

Sow done well, linked up well and had a few strong runs. Took his goal well

Bauben and Ozturk did what was needed of them. Few lapses in concentration but nothing of concern

Billy King looked great today, quick and direct. Maybe needs to look up earlier and do one less step over mind!

Worst part of the game for me was seeing a family (two parents and 2 teenage kids) all wearing the new strip :wow:

Beautiful strip but just...no.

Jambo 4 Ever

Worst part of the game for me was seeing a family (two parents and 2 teenage kids) all wearing the new strip :wow:

im sure there were worse parts, like Paterson getting injured?

im sure there were worse parts, like Paterson getting injured?

He can recover from that.

I don't think my eyes ever will :sob:

Footballfirst

He just landed awkwardly and his left knee buckled under him. There was no foul in the challenge.

Footballfirst

Jordan McGhee has made it clear to successive Managers he doesn't want to play at right back and will bide his time for a shot at centre half. Ended up drained of confidence after playing out of position last season

I'd like to see Liam Smith get a chance at RB if Paterson is out for a spell, but I think he will still be 3rd in line after McGhee and McKay, despite being the most natural RB of the three (or four if you count Paterson himself).

tartofmidlothian

I don't think Falkirk will be anyone's mugs next season. Some decent signings, good youngsters and a decent manager. Think they might be the dark horse in promotion race.

:spoton:

maroonlegions

He just landed awkwardly and his left knee buckled under him. There was no foul in the challenge.

BBC starting their shoite already. :facepalm:

Forcing the game has been missing since 2005/06? Presumably Jammy T boycotted 19/05/12.

correct. But also throughout that season we dominated a lot of games but got edged out because we didn't kill teams off.

There's also a matter of quality. 05/06 was a top side with real cutting edge.

We then had a good season under Csaba and dominated teams but wasn't as good as 05/06.

Then JJs first full season back was another time we forced ourselves on teams and it reaped rewards. 05/06 was a bad example for Jammy to use because the difference was quality of player not style.

kylelauren01

Seen Paterson take a few sore ones where he has gone down and some where he has gone off. Been occasions where he's had knocks where he was said to be out for weeks. Seems to have good powers of recovery.

BobbyJenkins

Gomis, billy king and mchattie the picks for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3fingersreid

Full strip or just tops? And why does it get you so worked up ?

1200 programmes produced for today's match.

442 Sports Marketing normally sell to 1 in 10 for a normal league match.

tartofmidlothian

1200 programmes produced for today's match.

442 Sports Marketing normally sell to 1 in 10 for a normal league match.

Hmm. You seem to have good info. Do you have inside knowledge of the club?

In other words, ITK or GTF? :)

Hmm. You seem to have good info. Do you have inside knowledge of the club?

In other words, ITK or GTF? :)

From their twitter, so a reliable source:

Very encouraging today, not perfect but a work in progress that is sure to get better. Gomez and King were the standouts for me.

Full strip or just tops? And why does it get you so worked up ?

Just tops, I'd scrape my eye balls out if it had been full strips.

Don't worry though mate I'm sure you's enjoyed the day out.

Very encouraging today, not perfect but a work in progress that is sure to get better. Gomez and King were the standouts for me.

who is Gomez ??? trialist ???

Best part of the game was a small child hitting me over the head with one of those orange balloons and when I turned round he just looked away and pretended it wasn't him

The youth of today

MrWinningSmith

Soooooo many people wearing the strip today..... Even pensioners.... And I still can't get one :sob:

maroonshrew

Just tops, I'd scrape my eye balls out if it had been full strips.

Don't worry though mate I'm sure you's enjoyed the day out.

Full sports kit is odd for anyone to wear but I have never understood matchday football top snobbery. I dont wear one myself but my old man does as does my nephew on match days. I dont see the problem with it. Just people supporting their side, both financially and physically. What is it you dont like out of interest?

Jambo 4 Ever

Full sports kit is odd for anyone to wear but I have never understood matchday football top snobbery. I dont wear one myself but my old man does as does my nephew on match days. I dont see the problem with it. Just people supporting their side, both financially and physically. What is it you dont like out of interest?

I don't understand either

What's the point of buying the top if you get stick for wearing to the games!

I don't understand either

What's the point of buying the top if you get stick for wearing to the games!

He's just trying to get a reaction so he can say that you're "seething mate" and make out that you wear nothing but hearts-branded sportswear.

Apparently it's hilarious, must be a bit too high brow for me as I don't get it.

He's just trying to get a reaction so he can say that you're "seething mate" and make out that you wear nothing but hearts-branded sportswear.

Apparently it's hilarious, must be a bit too high brow for me as I don't get it.

:spoton:

His trolling is becoming a little tiresome tbh

Christ almighty have a day off lads :lol:

Getting followed around the forum being told my opinion is trolling, what's with the oldies on here?!

To clarify, a full family wearing the top is terrible chat.

fabienleclerq

Getting followed around the forum being told my opinion is trolling, what's with the oldies on here?!

Followed around the forum :rofl:

Candlelight vigil for chrambo :lol:

Soooooo many people wearing the strip today..... Even pensioners.... And I still can't get one :sob:

Do you think it would better if pensioners didn't buy merchandise and thus help to reduce the club's profits?

Consistently, yes.

Demolishing a poor Hibs team is not the same as consistently forcing the play against other teams.

In this respect we haven't done that since the 05/06 season.

No. It was early,I hadn't had my coffee and I was in a bad mood :P

Fair enough, I was probably a wee bit harsh there so sorry for that.

For what it's worth I really don't see the problem with people wearing tops at the game, if the family were strolling around the Gyle with them all wearing their tops then I could maybe get your seethe but at the game?

Archived