***Official Hearts v Annan Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Oh great! A key player injured in this fecking waste of time.

Sigh

It's a competitive cup game ffs have a word

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

It's a competitive cup game ffs have a word

Aye, whatever.

Season proper starts at Ibronx.

john brownlee

Shoit happens once knew a player that his career was ended in a park kick about

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aye, whatever.

True, although the term Ibronx is pretty cringeworthy.

This is a perfect opportunity to build up match fitness. It's a shame that this has happened, but as someone else said, this kind of injury can happen in training.

Francis Albert

Isn't it a bit premature to be speculating about the end of Calum's career?

I don't give a sod about this competition, but today's game offered a nice wee confidence booster for the real stuff, and if we weren't playing Annan we'd be playing a friendly with similar injury/suspension irisks.

Snake Plissken

Injuries can happen at any time or place, they're just a hazard of being a professional sportsman.

Let's hope it's nothing serious.

Bridge of Djoum

Aye, whatever.

And the award for zero positive posts during one thread has a winner!!

john brownlee

Aye, whatever.

. Wrong the season starts today

Sounds like it could have happened any day, any time even in a warm up scenario. Teams build squads for this sort of things.

We have the budget for another defender hopefully 24hrs tells us it is not that serious any injury but at least we could bring someone in if it's a bad one.

Wish him the best

Meanwhile any update on the game?

Carrick had a shot cleared off the line.

Sow and Prince replaced by Oliver and Holt.

kylelauren01

Jordan McGhee has made it clear to successive Managers he doesn't want to play at right back and will bide his time for a shot at centre half. Ended up drained of confidence after playing out of position last season

maroonlegions

Jordan McGhee has made it clear to successive Managers he doesn't want to play at right back and will bide his time for a shot at centre half. Ended up drained of confidence after playing out of position last season

That sounds ominous.

jambo in iraq

Couldn't give a flying **** where he wants to play. Will play where RN wants him to or he can sod off! Last season we had to do many things to get a team out, this year will be different and he will find himself well out the picture with that attitude. Would sell my left nut to play just a minute for Hearts and yet some we wide lad wants to tell the manager where he should play :uhoh2:

My Left Nut

Couldn't give a flying **** where he wants to play. Will play where RN wants him to or he can sod off! Last season we had to do many things to get a team out, this year will be different and he will find himself well out the picture with that attitude. Would sell my left nut to play just a minute for Hearts and yet some we wide lad wants to tell the manager where he should play :uhoh2:

Oi!! I am not for sale!

So if the boy isn't comfortable playing RB we should ignore that and play him there anyway?

Behave yerself

jambo in iraq

Oi!! I am not for sale!

**** me you must be screening posts waiting for someone to say that! :2thumbsup:

queensferryjambo

Oof Falkirk have just rattled in 6 goals in the last 25 minutes - score is 7-1 now.

Chris Benoit

I think it's better that he's honest enough to admit he doesn't feel confident that he could contribute to the level expected at right back. He played there and was found out a few times last season and I'd rather if Paterson is injured we either promote a young player or bring someone in.

TyphoonJambo

Oi!! I am not for sale!

everyone has their price!!!!

grantaitchie8

Wee wide lad? Hardly, he's just let the managers know that centre half is his strongest position. Don't think for a second that he would say no to playing right back if asked.

lol calm down, he never demanded anything, and said hes happy to play anywhere

?I?m definitely a centre-back,? he stressed. ?Obviously, I played right-back and left-back for the majority of last season and I?d play anywhere for the club. At the end of the day, every player wants to play in their own position to show what they can do best.

?Hopefully, I?ll be given my chance in my proper position next season under Robbie.

?Last season, I was wanting to push on and try to play a few first-team games, and I ended up playing 20 times. This season, I?ll definitely be pushing for a number one spot at centre-back.

kylelauren01

I don't think Falkirk will be anyone's mugs next season. Some decent signings, good youngsters and a decent manager. Think they might be the dark horse in promotion race.

jambo in iraq

lol calm down, he never demanded anything, and said hes happy to play anywhere

Yip i will get back off my box after ready that!!

TyphoonJambo

Well that should fire a banger up their arses. Every team in our league will want our scalp. Its a 90 minute game,concentrate!!

Full time. Sound like a good work out, lots of attacking play and the opportunity to bag a few more goals. Down side is the injury to Callum which is hopefully not as bad as we fear.

Sow, King and Paterson all with their first competitive goals of the season. Competitive home debut goal for Sow.

Pleasing.

Heres Rixxy

I don't think Falkirk will be anyone's mugs next season. Some decent signings, good youngsters and a decent manager. Think they might be the dark horse in promotion race.

Not sure about next season but they could be involved in the title race this season.

Good result could have scored a couple in the second half but still a decent win well done to the lads and the new coaching set up

A nice workout, with the blip of the Paterson injury. Could have scored more in the 2nd half, but we were guilty of trying to walk the ball in too often. The game was over by HT, of course, so we treated it like a training match later on.

Very impressed with Gomis and King. Sow also looked pretty good, especially considering he's nowhere near match fit. Prince was careless throughout, but this was a game where he could get away with it.

The injury is a massive blow, but it was a productive match for a lot of these players.

My Left Nut

**** me you must be screening posts waiting for someone to say that! :2thumbsup:

Haha... It's taken ages to get to this point. :)

If we get promotion this season Gomis will have a massive input. I'm tipping him for signing of the division.

Anyone know when draw is

Sir, it's on Tuesday 29 July at 3.30pm at the Petrofac Training Centre in Aberdeen.

Games are scheduled for the midweek of August 19/20.

Archived