**Phrases / Terms that need to be Retired Immediately**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

I'll start.

Using "bang" before another word, e.g. bang average, bang tidy or any variation on that theme.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll start.

Using "bang" before another word, e.g. bang average, bang tidy or any variation on that theme.

Would 'bang on' be acceptable? As in "what you said about the use of the word bang is bang on"?

Would 'bang on' be acceptable? As in "what you said about the use of the word bang is bang on"?

:lol:

Word for me is 'boom'

eg. Someone telling you they have the coming weeks off work: "3 days of work left then BOOM stag do in spain at the weekend then BOOM holiday to Turkey for a week then BOOM mates birthday when i come back. Honestly shut the hell up!!

"Wine O'Clock" or "Cheeky wee".

The latter is most often used in conjunction with nandos so that results in many arseholes saying, "off for a cheeky wee nandos"

**** off.

:cornette:

Malcolm Tucker

Gains.

"Aw mate shouldae seen me on LEG DAY at the GYM was so tough mate LEGS IN BITS but it's all worth it for GAINS at the end of the day"

"Is it aye?"

American-Psycho-006.jpg

Craig Gordons Gloves

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE!!!

"Wine O'Clock" or "Cheeky wee".

The latter is most often used in conjunction with nandos so that results in many arseholes saying, "off for a cheeky wee nandos"

**** off.

:cornette:

Bae.

:lol:

Word for me is 'boom'

eg. Someone telling you they have the coming weeks off work: "3 days of work left then BOOM stag do in spain at the weekend then BOOM holiday to Turkey for a week then BOOM mates birthday when i come back. Honestly shut the hell up!!

Notorious BIG
worldy

awful term

This!! "Messi has scored an absolute worldy" horrific patter

Also for me its "bambino"

"Aww my wee bambino isnae well, wee lamb" normally that kind of chronic patter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig Gordons Gloves

some American ones that drive me up the wall.

Burglarized. It's feckin burgled you stupid eejits.

Winningest - every time i hear this i feel the urge to shout "that's not even a word"!!

There are many more - but these 2 in particular merit the speaker being punched in the face.

Tommy Wiseau

"Just sayin"

Fully agree with this one.

Y'all is another. You are not an African American MC of the early '90s, being raised on the mean streets of Compton, you are a financial advisor from Gala.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Saying 'sorry' before making a wildly incorrect statement.

You're not sorry at all and your opinion is that of a complete moron.

"Hope your well"

Mostly when it's used in email chat, let's be honest you couldn't give a flying about my health, so why bother.

rossthejambo

People saying hashtag as if they're talking on twitter/facebook.

"Hope your well"

Mostly when it's used in email chat, let's be honest you couldn't give a flying about my health, so why bother.

I do this.

But I at least have the good grace to use "you're".

:)

"Cheeky wee spa day"

"Be rude not to"

:muggy:

These are the first two that came to mind. Unbelievable levels of rage brews inside me every time.

just thinking about it now is getting me worked up. :raging:

Some arsehole in my office always says "just trying to touch base" when he phones someone about an enquiry. **** off.

I do this.

But I at least have the good grace to use "you're".

:)

Well done kid, I'm proud.

Well done kid, I'm proud.

I think it looks a bit pish as well to be honest but just seems to be the standard, polite way to start an e-mail so just go with it.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Some arsehole in my office always says "just trying to touch base" when he phones someone about an enquiry. **** off.

Not a word of a lie - at least twice a month i get meeting requests from people i don't know with the subject "Touch Base". How about you tell me why we're having a meeting and what outcome you're looking for versus having a 'touch base'.

It usually means that they're either looking to get into the area i run or they're looking to do my job.

Any teenage digital chat generally makes me want to claw out my own eyes. I'm entirely sure we wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad with this stuff back in my day. Mind you, we were passing notes rather than writing tweets, status updates, texts or writing hashtags. Even still, bet we wouldn't have made up this daft language. It's totally shan...

And they're not really phrases but please please pleeeease can people (especially grown adults) stop using one letter abbreviations or numbers for words that are short anyway?

U for you

2 for to (or too, they're not fussy, GAH)

4 for for (:biggrin:)

R for are

B for be

C for see (!!!!)

And so on and so forth. Drives me batty. STOP IT.

Guest GhostHunter

Any teenage digital chat generally makes me want to claw out my own eyes. I'm entirely sure we wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad with this stuff back in my day. Mind you, we were passing notes rather than writing tweets, status updates, texts or writing hashtags. Even still, bet we wouldn't have made up this daft language. It's totally shan...

And they're not really phrases but please please pleeeease can people (especially grown adults) stop using one letter abbreviations or numbers for words that are short anyway?

U for you

2 for to (or too, they're not fussy, GAH)

4 for for ( :biggrin:)

R for are

B for be

C for see (!!!!)

And so on and so forth. Drives me batty. STOP IT.

Redm in turning-into-her-mother shocker.

Redm in turning-into-her-mother shocker.

:laugh:

Can't lie, my mum would most likely agree with every word of my rant. Ha.

Archived