McGhee in "Come & get me" call

Rick Grimes

Lochend Brazil

No loyalty what so ever, call it what you want. Hope he knocks us back if offered the job. I want someone to show more than a seasons loyalty. FTH

Only a Game

Clearly trying to hold Motherwell to ransom, and there is no hint whatsover that he has spoken to Hearts, or any other club, as some posters on here have assured us he has done. In fact the slant of the article strongly suggests that he hasnt spoken to anyone.

Rick Grimes

I did. Its your classic "I'm committed & staying - but money talks so even tho I'm saying I'm committed & staying, I might well be off" interview.

Jubilee Spree
Maybe you should have read beyond the typo in the first paragraph?

:oopsoops::Stupid_Heads_by_Vir:4_1_72:

Comedy gold thread award 2008!

Famous Hearts

Apparently McGhee was in Eastern Europe last weekend...Source (before you ask) is a journalist from one of our more upmarket papers.

Lochend Brazil
Apparently McGhee was in Eastern Europe last weekend...Source (before you ask) is a journalist from one of our more upmarket papers.

HOW DO YOU KNOW:p and will you tell. ARE YOU JUMBO FLU AN FLU:confused:

Famous Hearts
HOW DO YOU KNOW:p and will you tell. ARE YOU JUMBO FLU AN FLU:confused:

Just what I heard from a friend of a friend who knows the journalist in question. No reason to suggest he would make this up.

Only a Game
Just what I heard from a friend of a friend who knows the journalist in question. No reason to suggest he would make this up.

McGhee was in the dug out last Saturday for Motherwell against Aberdeen and was in the Setanta studio on the Sunday.

Assuming he wasnt in "Eastern Europe" on Friday night, it doesnt leave much scope for him to have been there at all.

Famous Hearts
McGhee was in the dug out last Saturday for Motherwell against Aberdeen and was in the Setanta studio on the Sunday.

Assuming he wasnt in "Eastern Europe" on Friday night, it doesnt leave much scope for him to have been there at all.

Fair enough. Either the dates are wrong or its the usual ball x. We all live in hope though.

I did. Its your classic "I'm committed & staying - but money talks so even tho I'm saying I'm committed & staying, I might well be off" interview.

Indeed. I think he might have gone down a wee bit in my estimations after reading that...he comes across like a total tart actually.

"Whilst I don't have anything on the agenda, other clubs could be making plans and, if that happens and they want to try and lure me away then it'll be up to Motherwell to keep me.

Where some other club may have ambitions of trying to tempt me, Motherwell have the capability of making sure that I don't go.

So, as far as I am concerned, I will be here."

:unsure:

Only a Game
Indeed. I think he might have gone down a wee bit in my estimations after reading that...he comes across like a total tart actually.

"Whilst I don't have anything on the agenda, other clubs could be making plans and, if that happens and they want to try and lure me away then it'll be up to Motherwell to keep me.

Where some other club may have ambitions of trying to tempt me, Motherwell have the capability of making sure that I don't go.

So, as far as I am concerned, I will be here."

:unsure:

Sounds a bit arsey when you read it right enough. Might not have been quoted directly of course.

Clearly trying to hold Motherwell to ransom, and there is no hint whatsover that he has spoken to Hearts, or any other club, as some posters on here have assured us he has done. In fact the slant of the article strongly suggests that he hasnt spoken to anyone.

Let put this to bed right now.

McGhee has spoken to Hearts on more than 1 occassion and other clubs as well.

portobellojambo1

Correct, my understanding is he informed Hearts he is no longer interested in the position at Tynecastle, based on the response to the question of autonomy, he asked if he would have it, was told no, said cheerio. First meeting was around 8 weeks ago, second around a fortnight ago.

Can someone remind me just who the steel men are playing today.

It would have absolutely nothing to do with them playing the "Manchester Millions" of course:confused:

The bbc Headline para

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee insists he has intention of leaving in the summer and is making plans for next season's Uefa Cup campaign.

The content

"I have absolutely no plans to leave this club and they will do everything they can to give me the resources."

My understanding, is that McGhee spoke to Hearts before Christmas and was "blown away" by the size of the job and his only concern was Romanov's stipulated meddling.

IMO, if McGhee is the new Hearts manager, it will say that Romanov has met him half way and dropped a clause or two in his coaching criteria and would therefore be a fantastic signing.

Btw, three posts this morning, one in the Gullit, one in the Members and this, all have the same content.

Thank god for cut and paste eh!

It was on Monday...

PresidentRomanov

McGhee sounds like a typical sleekit, underhand, unscrupulous, character, who'll bring us nothing but trouble IMO.

One well timed season at Motherwell, doesn't make him a good manager either.

Bootboy100
Correct, my understanding is he informed Hearts he is no longer interested in the position at Tynecastle, based on the response to the question of autonomy, he asked if he would have it, was told no, said cheerio. First meeting was around 8 weeks ago, second around a fortnight ago.

That was the original outcome of the meetings had however since that team it is believed that certain individuals at the club have made it abundantly clear to VR he will NEVER get any manager or success unless he backs off. He has since changed his tune and is prepared to let the maanger have the autonomy and because of this McGhee is now happy.

The Real Maroonblood
McGhee sounds like a typical sleekit, underhand, unscrupulous, character, who'll bring us nothing but trouble IMO.

He would be in good company with Romanov then.

Only a Game

Why would it take two meetings for him not be interested ?

1st meeting, first question from McGhee. "Will I have full autonomy over team selection etc ".....Romanov/Lopez/Ogilvie - "No".............McGhee. "Good-day gentlemen"

McGhee says he has no intention of leaving and no agenda to leave. He is going to look pretty silly to a lot of people if it emerges he has met Hearts once or several times and then leaves to join us.

No I dont expect him to say he's been meeting Hearts or other clubs but why on earth does he say he's not leaving or even planning to leave .

I think Hearts fans would like to have him, hence these wishful thinking unconfirmed stories that he has met us. Hearts themselves might even like to have him, but I dont believe he's met them or had any kind of negotiations. The most that will have happened at this stage is a "is he interested" enquiry through his agent. I dont think he is interested.

Only a Game
That was the original outcome of the meetings had however since that team it is believed that certain individuals at the club have made it abundantly clear to VR he will NEVER get any manager or success unless he backs off. He has since changed his tune and is prepared to let the maanger have the autonomy and because of this McGhee is now happy.

Dear, dear, so many people on here with a sudden intimate knowledge of Hearts managerial hunt.

Guys, this is like everything else with Hearts. No one knows jack outside of Romanov and his cronies, until its done and dusted and ready to be announced.

BobbyJenkins

A colleague at my work who is heavily involved with the motherwell supporters club/trust and has very reliable sources told me Mcghee was over there a couple of weeks ago.

I have no reason to doubt this guy at all. Whether or not he is appointed is another matter entirely.

Only a Game

Lets also out this to bed right now.

Another one of your exclusive pieces of inside knowledge.

Mendy and Hleb were NEVER in Edinburgh, living in a flat, waiting to be announced as signings.

CornhillHearts

Your understanding PJ is wide of the mark; why do you not go back to your first love as the so called voice of reason on here i find your comments boring and confusing as to where your loyalties lie ie why post that.

IMA MAROON

Yep, he is not trustworthy. He has had meetings with Vlad/Hearts but is now telling everyone lies. He will treat us the same way.

The Real Maroonblood
Your understanding PJ is wide of the mark; why do you not go back to your first love as the so called voice of reason on here i find your comments boring and confusing as to where your loyalties lie ie why post that.

I wonder about a few on Kickback were their loyalties actually lie.

Lets also out this to bed right now.

Another one of your exclusive pieces of inside knowledge.

Mendy and Hleb were NEVER in Edinburgh, living in a flat, waiting to be announced as signings.

To be fair both of them boys thought they were coming to Hearts, it was on and off a ridiculous amount of times!!

Personally i think PTBCAL is a s reliable as it gets when it comes to speculation on here.

Sounds like another Alex Mcleish :rolleyes:

Only a Game
To be fair both of them boys thought they were coming to Hearts, it was on and off a ridiculous amount of times!!

Personally i think PTBCAL is a s reliable as it gets when it comes to speculation on here.

He specifically told us he KNEW that Mendy and Hleb were in Edinburgh. They werent. You dont get any more unreliable than that !!

He specifically told us he KNEW that Mendy and Hleb were in Edinburgh. They werent. You dont get any more unreliable than that !!

Fair enough, but i think he is generally as spot on as anyone can get as far as the going ons at Hearts.

The players themselves were talking about signing for Hearts, the coaching staff didn't seem to know one way or the other either. It was typical of Vlad's management.

Look at what happened to Screpis!

Clerry Jambo

Spot on - one of the very few!;)

when did anyone start to believe what a jounalist says.

Only a Game

Do you believe McGhee has met with Hearts (more than once) to discuss the managers job ? PTBCAL would have us believe he has. McGhee himself indicates that he has done no such thing when speaking to the press yesterday.

He's speculating wildly and dressing it up as having definite inside knowledge. As he did before and got caught out.

Do you believe McGhee has met with Hearts (more than once) to discuss the managers job ? PTBCAL would have us believe he has. McGhee himself indicates that he has done no such thing when speaking to the press yesterday.

He's speculating wildly and dressing it up as having definite inside knowledge. As he did before and got caught out.

Well, i have also heard McGhee has spoken to Hearts and it is pretty much common knowledge in the media i am led to believe.

I dont know for definite but i would say McGhee has spoken to Hearts.

Only a Game
Well, i have also heard McGhee has spoken to Hearts and it is pretty much common knowledge in the media i am led to believe.

I dont know for definite but i would say McGhee has spoken to Hearts.

common knowledge in the media yet NOT ONE of them has printed it ?

You've just said in another thread that you dont have faith in Vlad's ability to let a manager do his job. If that faith is correct, and all the evidence to date proves its correct, then we wont be getting Mark McGhee as a manager because he wont come near us under those circumstances and probably wouldnt talk to us at any length until it was guaranteed and set in stone..

common knowledge in the media yet NOT ONE of them has printed it ?

Yep and as i say i dont claim to know this as fact, however i believe this is due to the sensitive nature of what has happened at Motherwell this season.

Only a Game
Yep and as i say i dont claim to know this as fact, however i believe this is due to the sensitive nature of what has happened at Motherwell this season.

Might have been a factor a few months ago I agree, but the media are now interviewing him regarding his future. If they know he's spoken to Hearts they'd A. be asking him about it and B. be printing it.

Guest casper

I think that's a convenient excuse.

If the media are being so cuddly to Motherwell and if they know he's spoken to Hearts why would the BBC print all the stuff in the article knowing it to be lies. Printing lies is not treating Motherwell in a sensitive nature.

Might have been a factor a few months ago I agree, but the media are now interviewing him regarding his future. If they know he's spoken to Hearts they'd A. be asking him about it and B. be printing it.

I know what you are saying.

The thing is though, the media have contacts who get them information. They may know he has been talking to Hearts, maybe at the request of Motherwell it is not made public. The press ask McGhee and he reveals what he wants to.

McGhee is very highly regarded after the way he dealt with O'Donnells death and the media may have decided to keep quiet on this one at the request of the Club.

This is pure speculation on my part, but it could be how it played out.

Guest casper

The thing is though, the media have contacts who get them information. They may know he has been talking to Hearts, maybe at the request of Motherwell it is not made public. The press ask McGhee and he reveals what he wants to.

McGhee is very highly regarded after the way he dealt with O'Donnells death and the media may have decided to keep quiet on this one at the request of the Club.

Most people on here do not believe stuff because it's written in the press and now people are expected to believe stuff because it's NOT written in the press. :confused:

Only a Game

Quite possible, but, as the poster above said, they are now slapping Motherwell in the face by printing a story, the slant of which is McGhee holding Motherwell to ransom for more money.

We are not talking about a group of reasonable people here who respect clubs wishes, unless its certain of them and Rangers wishes, we are talking about a pack of wolves who print whatever they get. If they have a story which says "Mcghee - I'm off" surely its better than saying "McGhee - I might stay" especially when they know he has no intention of doing so.

As you said, its all speculation. No one knows the truth (probably) except Mcghee, Romanov and a couple of others at Hearts and Motherwell. I refuse to accept that several fans on a forum KNOW that McGhee has met Hearts and it hasnt been even hinted at in one single paper.

Most people on here do not believe stuff because it's written in the press and now people are expected to believe stuff because it's NOT written in the press. :confused:

Exatly, so if its not written it can be true, but wont always be true. If it is written it is not true although it occasionally might be right!:thumb:

Glad we cleared that up.

Hackney Hearts
McGhee himself indicates that he has done no such thing when speaking to the press yesterday.

He can hardly admit it, can he?

And even if something's 'common knowledge', it doesn't mean there's proof (and that it's worth the risk of printing - for something that's not THAT big a story).

Only a Game
He can hardly admit it, can he?

And even if something's 'common knowledge', it doesn't mean there's proof (and that it's worth the risk of printing - for something that's not THAT big a story).

No, he cant really admit it, but if your talking to clubs do you specifically say that you have no intention of leaving the one your at and that you have no agenda to do so, especially if the press are sitting in front of you knowing that you've met Hearts ?

There is no risk in printing a football story that turns out not to be true. Christ it happens on a daily basis.

Hilary Briss

I heard the same from a bloke with strong Hearts connections.

The bbc Headline para

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee insists he has intention of leaving in the summer and is making plans for next season's Uefa Cup campaign.

The content

"I have absolutely no plans to leave this club and they will do everything they can to give me the resources."

As one of the first posters said (but the thread has continued anyway), the first sentence is clearly a typo and should read "no intention of leaving".

In other news today, the Prime Minister has not resigned, the Queen is still alive and Alex Salmond said something smug but not worth repeating.

Rick Grimes
As one of the first posters said (but the thread has continued anyway), the first sentence is clearly a typo and should read "no intention of leaving".

In other news today, the Prime Minister has not resigned, the Queen is still alive and Alex Salmond said something smug but not worth repeating.

and the first reply suggested re-reading the article. something he & you should do.

Archived