Tall away (yay! an HMFC story!)

Commander Harris

Commander Harris

seems he has just been released and is now a free agent (that's the way I'm reading it).

suppose we're just cutting our losses with him and getting him off the wage bill?

Pants Shaton

Had it not been for that outrageous assualt at Kilmarnock, on his return debut, I'm sure Neil would have been a good signing for us. Regardless, he was a Hearts legend.

I'm sure we'll see the best of Ibrahim at a decent club with a real manager and without a psychotic owner.

Aye good luck to both Neil and Ibby. Hope them all the best with their new clubs.

I thought that the 'outrageous assault' at Kilmarnock was just a tackle.

Anyway, good news that 2 big wage drains have left the club. Tall improved this season but was nowhere near value for money. McCann was one of the worst signings the club ever made. Best of luck to them both in the future.

Okay...let's hope that this marks the start of the clean out operation we've been waiting for.

A stats person would be able to tell us more, but I'm sure Ibby scored a couple of pretty important goals for us. He did an okay job anyway...good luck to him.

Oh, and Neil will always be a legend in my eyes...I do hope he comes back to Tynie some day in a coaching capacity. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Was hoping McCann would stay on as a coach.

Good luck to the both of them.

Great signing for Falkirk.

Well that's at least ?728,000 off the wage bill, if their reported wages of ?8,000 and ?6,000 were accurate. Another 8 should follow in the next month or so hopefully

McCann actually looked really lively on his return debut. Then he got injured and never got going.

Ibby in my opinion was our best defender but not 8k+ worth.

Anyway good luck to both.

cosanostra

Good luck to both.

Neil just was not the player we hoped he'd be. Hope he has more luck and stays injury free at Falkirk. We'll always remember the young Neil McCann who destroyed the Hun defence at Parkhead in the sleet. An all time Hearts great.

Ibby, a cup winner who put in a few great performances and a whole lot of average ones. I think most Hearts fans will remember him fondly.

Commander Harris
I actually thought Tall was a good player at a badly run football club

I wouldn't disagree.

Craigieboy

Sign Mickey on a 3 year deal & give Pinilla 1.5 million but kick Tall oot the door.

Nice one.

Don't think bringing McCann back was the right decision but wish him luck as he always put in 100%.

As for Tall, always thought he was a decent player but with his high wages he had to go.

Drylaw Hearts

Good news.

Infact, great news.

That another ?750,000(ish) of the annual wage bill.

Ray Winstone

Well thats two of the higher earners out the door.

Wonder who will be next?

jamboinglasgow
Sign Mickey on a 3 year deal & give Pinilla 1.5 million but kick Tall oot the door.

Nice one.

I have not heard of Stewart being given a new contract?

cosanostra
Well thats two of the higher earners out the door.

Wonder who will be next?

I'd like to see us get rid of Jose, Zaliukas, Audrey (unlikely i know), Chesney, Elliot, Ivaskevicius and Basso.

Probably only Jose is a high earner out of that lot though. I'd probably get rid of Michael Stewart as well although he may prove to be a useful squad player under a decent manager.

Guest GhostHunter

Will be funny in a sick way if we now gave Larry a new contract at ?20K per week

:D

MackaysCentreSpot
seems he has just been released and is now a free agent (that's the way I'm reading it).

suppose we're just cutting our losses with him and getting him off the wage bill?

His contract is up in August so obviously they want to give him a chance to find another club and get a pre season in with that club.

Makes sense letting him go now.

No point keeping him at Hearts until August and then saying bye.

He is going back to France to play his football.

Commander Harris
Will be funny in a sick way if we now gave Larry a new contract at ?20K per week

aye, hilarious. :rolleyes:

I've got a problem wityh reading the hearts site...

Everytime I read it all I hear is

Bollox bollox bollox bollox bollox... no matter what it is, totally off putting.

So Neils away, shame as their isnt many left that would have the baws to tell the wasters to get their act together.

Talls away... no loss, massive wages, poorly managed, never seen the best of him.

Who's next do you think? Frail?

I've got a problem wityh reading the hearts site...

Everytime I read it all I hear is

Bollox bollox bollox bollox bollox... no matter what it is, totally off putting.

So Neils away, shame as their isnt many left that would have the baws to tell the wasters to get their act together.

Talls away... no loss, massive wages, poorly managed, never seen the best of him.

Who's next do you think? Frail?

I can understand something of a fondness for Neil McCann. He was a good player for us the first time around. Great in the league cup final, saved us in the Scottish Cup semi final. Conducted himself well when sold the last time.

But this time he will have taken a million pounds for 20 awful games. Awful performances, jumping out of tackles in most of them. And then to put a final insult in - he gets an operation rather than play while we are a hole with few players and a struggle to get out of the bottom six - rather than face a 'bit of discomfort'. Did anyone who saw him play in Neilson's game think that he could perhaps have played for us and earned a bit of his wages in the games before that? Not that I would have wanted him to play but it is the principle :mad:

Ryan Gosling

Wonder who'll get the number 7 jersey?

Pinilla? :D

Actually we have 1, 5, probably 6 come next season, 7 and 9 all free.

Pants Shaton
I can understand something of a fondness for Neil McCann. He was a good player for us the first time around. Great in the league cup final, saved us in the Scottish Cup semi final. Conducted himself well when sold the last time.

But this time he will have taken a million pounds for 20 awful games. Awful performances, jumping out of tackles in most of them. And then to put a final insult in - he gets an operation rather than play while we are a hole with few players and a struggle to get out of the bottom six - rather than face a 'bit of discomfort'. Did anyone who saw him play in Neilson's game think that he could perhaps have played for us and earned a bit of his wages in the games before that? Not that I would have wanted him to play but it is the principle :mad:

Throwing the accusation of wage thief at Neil McCann is about as misdirected as you could possibly be - mindful of the current Hearts squad.

(The tackle at Kilmarnock was assault in my book)

Ibby Tall

Vlad could have sold him and saved on the rest of his exorbitant wages 9 months ago, for the sake of about ?100k

For every penny he has brought in on his successful transfers he has wasted tuppence on over paid ineffective players (IMO approximately)

Oh well, at least things are happening. I'd just be happier if it was our new manager who was making these decisions.

Ryan Gosling
Ibby Tall

Vlad could have sold him and saved on the rest of his exorbitant wages 9 months ago, for the sake of about ?100k

For every penny he has brought in on his successful transfers he has wasted tuppence on over paid ineffective players (IMO approximately)

Aye but he was fantastic for us when he played this season.

Throwing the accusation of wage thief at Neil McCann is about as misdirected as you could possibly be - mindful of the current Hearts squad.

As said above, in my view the tackle at Kilmarnock was just a strong tackle which cleanly won the ball.

I think McCann in this spell for the reasons I posted above (bottling out of tackles, failing to get on the field due to 'discomfort', rotten performances) is probably the worst value for money we have had in the last 2 seasons.

Agreed Gman, I am actually disgusted by Coco's attitude toward Neil McCann, the 'jumping out of tackles' accusation is absolute nonsense.

Say What Again

Good luck to both of them.

As sked (I think) said above, I thought all was our best defender but didn't justify ?8k a week.

I would have liked McCann to stay on and continue helping with the reserves

Agreed Gman, I am actually disgusted by Coco's attitude toward Neil McCann, the 'jumping out of tackles' accusation is absolute nonsense.

That's what I've seen when I've seen him play for Hearts. You are entitled to take a different view.

Do you think he might have played through 'a little discomfort' when we were toiling for the top six? Have any of our players in the past played through 'a little discomfort'?

Jamboscanbevicius

Good to get 2 off the wage bill sooner rather than later.

No problem with either of them. Tall was always here for the money and took a bit too long to get going, McCann was always past his best but seems to have had a good attitude and we have probably benefitted from having him around when morale was at some all time lows!

Best wishes to both but neither will be greatly missed. So best to clear the decks and rebuild.

Just a thought, why did it take us over two years to find out that Tall was actually quite a good player?:mad:

Both players leave with my best wishes for the future.

2 of the worst signings in Hearts history off the books (neither of them bad players). I'm quite happy at this. Still think it would've made more sense to take whatever we were offered for Ibby last summer as by then it was obvious he was never going to get a regular starting berth.

Buffalo Bill

I thought Tall was a good player but in our nut-house he never got to show that.

McCann was unlucky 2nd time round, but it cost Hearts a lot of money to him him.

Good luck to both guys.

Buffalo Bill

Commander Harris
Wonder if McCann will handle the step up.... :P

:biggrin:

Guest JamboRobbo
Ibby Tall

Spot on. WE should've taken the cash when it was on offer, rather than let him leave for free now, having paid him another few hundred thousand in wages.

Just a thought, why did it take us over two years to find out that Tall was actually quite a good player?:mad:

Both players leave with my best wishes for the future.

Celtic had him on trial before us and obviously didn't rate him.

I thought he was a decent player but nothing exceptional.

Good luck to both.

Bordeaux 03

Always thought Tall & Karapidis was the ideal partnership but in end he was probably costing too much.

chester copperpot

Sad to see Tall go, but no one at Hearts deserves the reported 8K he was on. A pretty good defender, if a couple of inches too small IMO.

Glad to see he's off the wage bill though. Sad to see the Wee man leave too, but he spent far too long on the treatment table for the wages he was on.

Good luck to both, would not surprise me if Neil has a stonking season playing for Falkirk as Hughes plays exactly the sort of football that will suit McCann.

portobellojambo1

Not read through the thread, just in from work, so might be repeating what others have said.

While I revelled in Neil McCann's wing play during his first spell with us I do not think he will be missed this time round, although I wish him well.

Ibrahim Tall could have been a great defender for us, he is an example of another player we have wasted, not used fully, and not in his correct position until after most of the damage had been done with regards his relationship with the owner, and his desire to stay at Tynecastle. Players of this level should be getting encouraged to stay here, but his talent is now lost to us. Again I hope he proves to be very successful wherever he goes.

Craigieboy

Ibrahim Tall could have been a great defender for us, he is an example of another player we have wasted, not used fully, and not in his correct position until after most of the damage had been done with regards his relationship with the owner, and his desire to stay at Tynecastle. Players of this level should be getting encouraged to stay here, but his talent is now lost to us. Again I hope he proves to be very successful wherever he goes.

What I meant to say, in a nutshell.

The bit in bold is how I view many a player at Tynecastle who has sadly came & gone.

Celtic had him on trial before us and obviously didn't rate him.

I wonder how much that, and his early days failure at Hearts, was down to his reported laid back style. That said, being laid back at Hearts should have seen him fit right in.

There is no denying his appearances for us playing in midfield were painful to watch but IMO he looked pretty decent this season when he played in the centre of defence.

On the plus side it's a fair whack off our wage bill.

Boaby Ewing

Let's hope the clearout gathers pace.

Tall wouldn't have been one of my first choices to go, but no real complaints given how much he was costing.

There's a lot more shiiiiiiit to be shovelled though.

Archived