Tall away (yay! an HMFC story!)

Commander Harris

JamboRossi79
Throwing the accusation of wage thief at Neil McCann is about as misdirected as you could possibly be - mindful of the current Hearts squad.

(The tackle at Kilmarnock was assault in my book)

Gotta agree with that.

Good luck to two cup winning heroes.

We should never have given McCann such a long deal when we re-signed him.

$ilvery_Moon

To be fair we needed to get both off the wage bill. I feel for Neil he was great in his first spell at the club. He was horrendously unlucky this time round.

Hearts Heritage

he was a Hearts legend.

The 'L' word again. He was a 'Hearts Hero' NOT in the very rarefied 'Legend' category.

winston churchill

i always liked tall as a player.

i also thought he was better at right back ,and he was our best player at the start of the season, until he was done in the sellik game at tynecastle.

that said,getting him off the wage bill is more important.

Pants Shaton
The 'L' word again. He was a 'Hearts Hero' NOT in the very rarefied 'Legend' category.

Semantics?

Whatever they were paid... whatever the rights and wrongs im glad we are moving these sorts of players on. Long may it continue!

dougie.wbauldmc

Tall was well worth his game and has been treated with contemt from day one.good luck to him where ever he goes.and thanks for the games you did play,you never would hide!

As for Neil McCann who i know as a friend,gave his all in a hearts jersey whenever selected and his boys wear their hearts with pride of their father and H.M.F.C. A super player and real gentleman!!! WHY dont you grow up and pick on the real none try-ers that are draining our club (there are plenty to choose from)

Good luck to both of them.

I share the sentiments of the majority. Neil, great 1st spell. Unlucky 2nd time round. Absolutely not a wage thief.

Ibby, good enough player, but not worth 8k.

All the best guys!

BTW, that tackle at Killie was a deliberate attempt to injure the player, whether he got the ball or not.

Everybody loves Baz
Let's hope the clearout gathers pace.

Tall wouldn't have been one of my first choices to go, but no real complaints given how much he was costing.

There's a lot more shiiiiiiit to be shovelled though.

I had honestly hoped that Robbie would've been let go first and that we tried to make a RB out of Ibby.

But it's a start and hopefully the rest if the ***** in the squad will be let go/sold over the coming weeks.

Too many crap/underperforming players at HMFC.

jack D and coke
Aye but he was fantastic for us when he played this season.

I must be watching a different guy to you. Absolutely no player has been fantastic for us since probably rudi or hartley. Tall was an average defender on ludicrous wages. Another ridiculous romanov piece of business imo. To let him go on a free sums up the way we're run these days. Should've been punted the first offer we got. Madness.

Let's hope the clearout gathers pace.

Tall wouldn't have been one of my first choices to go, but no real complaints given how much he was costing.

There's a lot more shiiiiiiit to be shovelled though.

Agree with that. A lot more to be discarded imo no matter what wages they are on.

Dalton skip for Riccarton.

I'm pretty sure that Neil will be missed more in the dressing room than on the park. Good luck I hope you do well at Falkirk.

Ibby was quite simply our best defender. Just the barking selection policy at Tynie stopped him playing for some reason which escapes me.

Whether he was worth ?8k pw is a matter of supply and demand but if Vlad ever meant his statements about competing on a European stage and winning the SPL then even ?8k pw is pretty low for players in that sort of company.

theschoolend
Wonder who'll get the number 7 jersey?

Pinilla? :D

Actually we have 1, 5, probably 6 come next season, 7 and 9 all free.

Thought Pinilla was getting the number 69 shirt :dribble:

WeeToonJambo
Tall was well worth his game and has been treated with contemt from day one.good luck to him where ever he goes.and thanks for the games you did play,you never would hide!

As for Neil McCann who i know as a friend,gave his all in a hearts jersey whenever selected and his boys wear their hearts with pride of their father and H.M.F.C. A super player and real gentleman!!! WHY dont you grow up and pick on the real none try-ers that are draining our club (there are plenty to choose from)

Well said. I didn't know Neil McCann and, apart from when he was playing can only comment on what I saw when he coached the reserves. He seemed to know what he was talking about and the youngsters listened to him. As for that "tackle" at Killie, anyone who says it was a fair attempt to win the ball is deluded. It was an assault, with the intention of putting the player out of the game. I can never agree with those who say, "He got a touch on the ball so it wasn't a foul". He had to go through McCann to get a touch on the ball and it should have been, in my opinion, a straight red.

I wish them both the best of luck and just hope that Neil doesn't come back to haunt us, a la Latapy.

By The Light..

Good luck Neil and Ibby, both good players deserving of a better manager.

Another Hearts player departs to an SPL club, when will we ever sign an SPL player?

M Stewart excepted, the last one was J McAllister from Livingston

Good luck to both of the guys.

Ibby took a while to get going (remember Burley wouldn't play him), but he came through to start in the Cup Final and (IMO) became a pretty good player for us.

Perhaps a small misjudgement from Mr. Burley?

bighalders

Tall goes, yet he's our best centre half, strange decision no matter what he's earning, wonder who made the decision, a football director or football manager incognito again no doubt

loveofthegame

Should have accepted the ?1/2M we were offered for him yonks ago.

Instead we kept him, used him a handful of times a season, and paid him ?8k a week.

Great work again Mr Romanov. What a way to run a football club.

Oh and btw, good player, just not worth what we where paying him. Will always remember that double at Murrayfield!

boabyarsebiscuit
Tall goes, yet he's our best centre half, strange decision no matter what he's earning, wonder who made the decision, a football director or football manager incognito again no doubt

Probably the same person who turned down 400k for Tall from Strasbourg. Why take 400k when we can continue to pay him 8k a week for another year and let him leave for f-all? Vlad's a commercial genius. Top businessman. etc etc

loveofthegame

Berra's twice the centre half Tall will ever be. Hearts cannot justify paying anyone ?8k a week unless they are an absolute superstar ie Craig Gordon.

Talls no bad, but a superstar he aint. Good decision made later than it should have been.

loveofthegame

According to Wikipedia (v quick research done...) Tall started 25 games for us in 3 seasons....

At ?8k a week, how much is that a start?! Frightening.

bighalders
Berra's twice the centre half Tall will ever be. Hearts cannot justify paying anyone ?8k a week unless they are an absolute superstar ie Craig Gordon.

Talls no bad, but a superstar he aint. Good decision made later than it should have been.

Aye football is all about opinions, personally I thought Tall and Berra were as good as each other but Tall had a bit more experience on his side, worth the wages when you think that Kingston, Stewart aren't moved on yet and they've not tried for hearts fo months

According to Wikipedia (v quick research done...) Tall started 25 games for us in 3 seasons....

At ?8k a week, how much is that a start?! Frightening.

?49,920 per start.

Every time Ibby Tall was started, he was paid ?3.70 from each season ticket holder (based on there being 13,500 ST holders).

rossthejambo
Sad to see Tall go, but no one at Hearts deserves the reported 8K he was on. A pretty good defender, if a couple of inches too small IMO.

Glad to see he's off the wage bill though. Sad to see the Wee man leave too, but he spent far too long on the treatment table for the wages he was on.

Good luck to both, would not surprise me if Neil has a stonking season playing for Falkirk as Hughes plays exactly the sort of football that will suit McCann.

interesting ;)

on a serious note not too big a surprise. would have liked tall to stay but on his wages it makes sense to let him go. if he played all season i would think he'd have been down for player of the year but as usual, too many injuries stopped that being the case.

always seen mccann coming back as being a mistake for both parties. he was never going to top his first spell here IMO. but good luck to the 2 of them

Ryan Gosling

Once again, Wikipedia is pish when it comes to stats.

He actually played for us 50 times, scoring 5 goals.

Commander Harris

out of interest, where did this 8k figure come from?

Tall - good player in a crazy environment - pulled his weight in the cup winning team. He was rubbished even from the Burley days.

Good buisness from the mad-hatter, turning down 300-400k from Strasbourg in the transfer window. What a shrewd businessman. What a nutter.

Makes if wonder if Tall would have made a difference at Strasbourg, helping them pick up a few more points to avoid relegation.

Charlie-Brown
Tall - good player in a crazy environment - pulled his weight in the cup winning team. He was rubbished even from the Burley days.

Good buisness from the mad-hatter, turning down 300-400k from Strasbourg in the transfer window. What a shrewd businessman. What a nutter.

Makes if wonder if Tall would have made a difference at Strasbourg, helping them pick up a few more points to avoid relegation.

Vino Tinto & Frisco-Bay mon amie :)

Good luck to both players. Neil's second spell at the club has not been a success but he was brilliant during his first spell.

As for Tall, he's never let the club down - always gave a 100% and the best defender at the club IMO but we cannot continue to have players on his sort of wages.

Archived