Would You Take Elvis Back?

Tynie1969

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would not take him back in a playing capacity(first team), but would have no problems with him returning as a coach (maybe give him a playing contract so that he can turn out in the reserves to assist) under an experienced manager.

Nothing to do with last night. I'd take Elvis back in a second. Man is a Hearts legend. After shoving Burley out the door, the Russian clowns treatment of Elvis is the most damaging decisions.

Elvis. I'd love him to return. I don't think he ever will.

I agree with all of that. I'd love to see Elvis back.

a guy whos choking to sign for celtic .

Who are we talking about here, Hartley or Pressley?

Why would a real professional football player want to come to this shambles.

Elvis is and always will be a legend,why would he want to ruin that.The only way SP would return IMO is if Vlad gets tae feck.

I wouldn't even let ********* drive our coach. He's a grade-A slhime bhall who should never darken Tynecastle's doorstep again. :mad:

Put it this way,more fans would rather have SP than you and your other couple of pals,and I would put money on that.

The Future's Maroon

Elvis - in a coaching capacity yes, as a player I think he is past his best - maybe for a few games when required....as someone already said, we already have good CB's in the squad....get him coaching them and in the dugout.

Anderson - not someone I ever rated as brilliant like some when he was at Aberdeen, but would probably do a job for us.

Rudolf's Mate
Following last nights debacle, and Frail's subsequent comments about the team requiring leadership, would you want Elvis back (even short term) as captain? Would he come back? Would Romanov allow it? If not how about someone like Russell Anderson?

You should have put this to a vote. Would have been interesting to see how many people wouldn't want him back when we are crying out for leadership........ Yes for me!

Hilary Briss
Following last nights debacle, and Frail's subsequent comments about the team requiring leadership, would you want Elvis back (even short term) as captain? Would he come back? Would Romanov allow it? If not how about someone like Russell Anderson?

I would take him as part of coaching staff but not as a player. He was finished when he left us and he could only have got slower.

Who are we talking about here' date=' Hartley or Pressley?[/quote']

I don't know where you got that quote - I didn't say "choking". Please look back.

I did say "As regards Hartley he always wanted to play for his beloved Bhoys".

I don't know where you got that quote - I didn't say "choking". Please look back.

I did say "As regards Hartley he always wanted to play for his beloved Bhoys".

it was a robbogoal quote.

Mick Belker
Elvis - in a coaching capacity yes, as a player I think he is past his best - maybe for a few games when required....as someone already said, we already have good CB's in the squad....get him coaching them and in the dugout.

Anderson - not someone I ever rated as brilliant like some when he was at Aberdeen, but would probably do a job for us.

Best Hearts captain i have ever seen! Bravery,grit, determination and a superb will to win. So exactly what we need right now IMO.

MackaysCentreSpot
I wouldn't even let ********* drive our coach. He's a grade-A slhime bhall who should never darken Tynecastle's doorstep again. :mad:

We can all see that you obviously were not there on Sunday to see the standing ovation Mr Pressley received from the fans.

There are certainly people who should never darken Tynecastle's doorstep again..........but Mr Pressley is not one of them.

I think we all know your views on Elvis by now so no need to keep repeating yourself.

Golden Sun

Yes, most definetely.

The hearts team has had no leadership or passion since he left.

Would love him back at Tynie.

The man who loved beer

JamboAl and TYNIE1874 you are a pair of ridiculous children.

No for me.

Anderson will be on a fair bit of cash, would command a fee and is wanted else where so it's a no for him too.

Ehlvis is a creepy wheasel, and should never be allowed to darken our door again. :mad:

I see that Ehvils's surname is now censored. Sad times. :sad:

After he apologises to the fans....maybe.

I know, all that winning the Cup business - he should feel ashamed. I certainly thought that he owed me an apology that day; it was uppermost in my mind as I travelled back to Edinburgh.

Definitely take him back.

His leadership on and off the pitch would be huge. People can slag him off for going to Celtic but he didn't want to leave in the first place. He wouldn't need to play every week but his presence would give the players a boost and the fans too. Well the majority of fans anyway.

Harry Kinnear

Welcome back anytime, coach/player, one chest thumping micro second that got on our tits against 8 years of commitment, it's a no brainer apart from those who have no brains. I suspect he has too much brain to return to the mad house

In a heartbeat.

Would their been such an outcry if he had beaten his chest whilst playing for Dundee Utd or Motherwell?

No - but because it is Celtic then the usual stuff begins. By the way if Balde hadn't broke his leg the week before he would have been at Charlton.

I'll never forget what he did to keep this club together.

Durdmeister

as others have said i would love to see him involved in the coaching set up somehow but his playing days are past him at this level!

When he came on at Robbie's testimonial he just assumed the skipper role, telling everyone where they should be, encouraging etc - looked quite sharp too.

Think he's still got a couple seasons left in him, would love it if it was as Hearts captain.

I noticed that too...He was where he belongs So my answer would be

In a heart beat

I'd like to apologys for my child like tantrum last night with another poster, I was drunk and angry with the huns.

However my feelings are the same, Elvis, yes.

Prince Buaben

Would i take Pressley Yes and No!!

Is he what we need at the moment??...Yes He's a leader and a leader is what we Lack.. The Experience that he has would benefit Hearts massivly on the Park, in the dressing room and on the training field..

BUT

Taking Pressley back could faulter Berra's Progression.. It Could be a step in wrong direction...

Also the Chest pumps still sticks in my throat and to be honest it probably wasnt meant at us.. But it still hurts watching a hero adn scottish cup winning captain what looks like get it up ye'

I would take Pressley back in a heartbeat.

At Robbies testimonial he was loving every minute playing back in maroon.

Pressley is exactly what we need.

As a player/coach Elvis would be a superb signing, especially if we appointed a proper manager. We need someone to set an example to our young players, personally I can't think of anyone better.

Couldn't agree more.

I would take Pressley back in a heartbeat.

WheatfieldJambo
WOULD I **** TRAITING ****

FFS let it go. McCann went to Rangers and returned without being abused. Pressley pumped the chest as a signal to Romanov, not us. I dont forgive him as i have nothing to forgive.

Come Back Elvis

Baird, King and Michael

I'd love to see him back in some capacity to instill the kind of leadership qualities that Frail admits are sadly lacking at Hearts.

The number of Elvis haters seems to be reducing with every thread on the subject, however, the hardcore ususal suspects still manage to get their bile in.

Craigieboy

I was disapointed in the chest pumping but hey, we all do silly stuff.

I would take him back in any capacity. The guy loves Hearts. He is what we need.

In reality, we have no-one like him at the club & performances like the last few weeks shows this to be true. No desire, heart & suchlike.

Like no othertime though, Hearts will not do the right thing in this kind of area. The people running the club are NOT Hearts people. This sort of appointment would be too much in the way of common sense for these clowns.

We are simply stuck with the ****ing absolute muppets of players & coaches that we currently have.

****!

Craigieboy
I'd love to see him back in some capacity to instill the kind of leadership qualities that Frail admits are sadly lacking at Hearts.

The number of Elvis haters seems to be reducing with every thread on the subject, however, the hardcore ususal suspects still manage to get their bile in.

Ignore them, they are looking more and more silly as every day passes.

Yes (as a coach rather than a player). The guy knows what playing for Heart of Midlothian means and we definitely need someone to instill some passion back into the team. Sadly I don't see it happening in the near future.

Do you know where hell is

It would appear that more than a few on here have a soft spot for elvis. It would also appear that we have sunk so low and became so desperate that we are willing to accept someone who shat on the fans back with open arms.

Those of you out there who find that hard to believe can basically kiss my erse. If that seems a bit out of order, again, kiss my erse as i have seen many a petty insult dished out to those who dare suggest elvis is anything other than a "legend".

Whatever your believe regarding the reasons for him leaving the one fact that cannot be denied is that he did sign a confidentiality agreement. I personally find this very strange considering he hijacked a press conference to tell the world that there were serious problems at the club yet when he was "forced" out of the door he decided it was best to keep it all under wraps.

I dont know if he was tapped up by sellic and to be honest i am not too bothered as he ended up there, as to how he got there is irellivant. His return to tynie was always going to be a strange an emotional affair as he would have been unsure of the fans reaction. Given that he was returning to the club he had captained for years and believed he would end his career at, it is beyond belief that he would accept the captaincy (his one and only time) from a hibby who has admitted hates hearts.

Many will argue that it was to stick it up vlad but that is just clutching at straws in my opinion. He had the opportunity to stick it to vlad by spilling the beans, as any paper would have paid him ten times the money he was due from the club for the exclusive on hearts.

The way he acted on the day in front of the fans was a disgrace from start to finish. The chest beating was bad enough but he also ran the length of the pitch to bang chest's with a surprised Jan daft name. I though that elvis was a legend and i never thought the day would come when i would be saying this about him but he has burnt his bridges as far as i am concerned.

I cannot see how he could return and work with vlad after all that has happened and i for one am glad of that. Before many say it, i wish vlad would feck off also, this is not some pro vlad spiel but one against a traitor.

This club needs someone with a bit of backbone and the ability to motivate players - Elvis would give us that again. Somehow, though I just cna't see him back with us - it would be far too sensible a move.

Yes

We should get him back as assistant manager to Levien. Jefferies or Mcghee.

That would be my ideal scenario...shame it'll never happen.

Drylaw Hearts

Pressley should never have left.

One of VR's biggest mistakes was not listening to what the Club Captain had to say. Elvis was 100% spot on with his views of what was going on.

Plus - Burley obvioulsy reckons he is a decent Coach.

Bring him back as a No.2 or Coach.

Archived