Would You Take Elvis Back?

Tynie1969

Following last nights debacle, and Frail's subsequent comments about the team requiring leadership, would you want Elvis back (even short term) as captain? Would he come back? Would Romanov allow it? If not how about someone like Russell Anderson?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to do with last night. I'd take Elvis back in a second. Man is a Hearts legend. After shoving Burley out the door, the Russian clowns treatment of Elvis is the most damaging decisions.

Elvis. I'd love him to return. I don't think he ever will.

thehibsareintheirbeds

think mccanns return shows that legends should leave well alone- although he did look suprisingly sharp on sunday

delighted to have him back in a season or two as manager mind....

anderson- why not? not great but good enough for just now

jamboinglasgow

would have Pressely back as a player/coach. Commands respect, an intelligent footballer, great experence and handles the press well. He will go far in coaching/management and think we should get him in as a coach with a new manager. Would help hearts alot.With his assistant manager post at Scotland he will grow in talent very quickly.

awadooningorgie2

After what we have witnessed this season, absolutely yes. Onfield and off-field

Dagger Is Back

In a heartbeat but all his qualities would be wasted unless there is backing for him throughout the club.

He did have the clubs best interests at heart when he and PH/CG made their statements and it was the lack of support from manager/owner that signalled the end.

Bungalow Bill

After his chest thumping display on his return I hope he doesn't even do the half-time draw! I backed him all the way but he disgraced himself.

i'm with jambomal,

some players don't celebrate yet thank ****** done that. i was one who booed him at the robbies testimonial and i had every reason too.

Jamboscanbevicius

Would take him back, but I would rather have Anderson!

We HAVE 2 good centre backs with different attributes in Berra and Karipidis - what we completely lack is leadership! Pressley has this in abundance!!!

Pressley is exactly what we need.

As a player/coach Elvis would be a superb signing, especially if we appointed a proper manager. We need someone to set an example to our young players, personally I can't think of anyone better.

Think he would have to make a public apology for his actions as a hell a lot of Hearts fans myself included still bear a huge grudge, but if he could go in some way to sort out the mess we are currently in then it's a yes. Can't ever see it happening though.

I'd love a Levein/Pressley partnership at the top.

Two greatt leaders etc, two legends, and, despite what some say, two guys with Hearts in their, er, Hearts.

He's getting past it as a player, but as a coach is just what we need.

You can never predict who will turn out to be a great manager. Players like John Greig or Pat Stanton, or Frank Sauzee, heroes in their day but didn't really cut it as managers.

If I had the time I could name dozens more.....

But I'd like to think that Elvis could turn out to be a proper manager and, if that's the case, he should be managing us.

Charlie-Brown

As a coach yes of course but as a player then no definitely not he's simply way past his best and was very slow before he left nevermind 18 months and a couple of injuries & operations later - also as a player he'd want more money per week than coaches generally earn but he could play in the reserves though if he wanted to help the youngsters.

yes

but as a coach now

but he wouldnt come back with romanov around IMO

i dont know about Anderson. I'd take Anderton back too though!

davemclaren

Where has he proven himself as a coach? In our position we need the tried and trusted article imo.

Only a Game

I think he might manage another season in the SPL and if we're not in the market for anyone else a bit more long term and a bit better then he'd do I suppose.

Just cant see him wanting to come back in any capacity whilst Romanov is still there. Something I believe he has even said himself to posters on here.

I would not touch him with a barge pole. Imagine he comes back as say assistant manager and doesn't like what the manager is doing - is he going to dish the dirt again? Or imagine he comes back as manager and his assistant dishes the dirt (because that's his standards), what is that going to do for the club?

Let him sink in the sh*te that is his beloved OF and let's go for a good Hearts man.

I hope he doesn't darken our door again - and I hope he reads this. Captain Braveheart my a*se.

I would not touch him with a barge pole. Imagine he comes back as say assistant manager and doesn't like what the manager is doing - is he going to dish the dirt again? Or imagine he comes back as manager and his assistant dishes the dirt (because that's his standards), what is that going to do for the club?

Let him sink in the sh*te that is his beloved OF and let's go for a good Hearts man.

I hope he doesn't darken our door again - and I hope he reads this. Captain Braveheart my a*se.

Aye nae bother.

So when he says, they tried to instil the disciplines required, yet Jankaukas tells Hearts he's going to a chelsea game, or Janny decides to use the phone during traing, thats acceptable.

**** off you clown, wake up. Do you hate Gordon, or Hartley?

Elvis tried his damndest to keep our club together, I know this as my brother in law plays for Hearts but who shall remain nameless you know why.

He will be kicked out too with Hearts 'fans' saying he desereted the colours, shouldnt darken or door etc.

Elvis knows he was wrong to scelp the chest, but one mistake in 9 years, get a ****in grip.

He is a legend.

When he came on at Robbie's testimonial he just assumed the skipper role, telling everyone where they should be, encouraging etc - looked quite sharp too.

Think he's still got a couple seasons left in him, would love it if it was as Hearts captain.

When he came on at Robbie's testimonial he just assumed the skipper role, telling everyone where they should be, encouraging etc - looked quite sharp too.

Think he's still got a couple seasons left in him, would love it if it was as Hearts captain.

A couple of 'kickabouts' aye ...............seriously lacking pace these days though and the 'old heid' wont see you through many SPL games without that. Still think he would be a great PR man for us though as he has respect throughout the game. Considering the shecht we've dealt with these last two years surely forgiving him for the 'chest thump' isn't beyond us ;)

Aye nae bother.

So when he says, they tried to instil the disciplines required, yet Jankaukas tells Hearts he's going to a chelsea game, or Janny decides to use the phone during traing, thats acceptable.

Elvis tried his damndest to keep our club together, I know this as my brother in law plays for Hearts but who shall remain nameless you know why.

He will be kicked out too with Hearts 'fans' saying he desereted the colours, shouldnt darken or door etc.

Elvis knows he was wrong to scelp the chest, but one mistake in 9 years, get a ****in grip.

He is a legend.[/QUOTE]

My a8se!

He started his career and ended his career with the OF and jumped ship at DUFC. If these things happened with Janny etc what the hell did that have to do with him - he was only a player not the manager. Maybe he thought he was something more than this. As regards Hartley he always wanted to play for his beloved Bhoys and Gordon, IMO, foolishly allowed himself to get caught up in the pro Scottish - anti Lithunanian thing. And if your brother-in law is telling you matters of a confidential nature I hope the same fate befalls him, you stupid dickhead - which I only said because you called me a clown.

Aye nae bother.

So when he says' date=' they tried to instil the disciplines required, yet Jankaukas tells Hearts he's going to a chelsea game, or Janny decides to use the phone during traing, thats acceptable.

[b']He is a legend.[/[/b]QUOTE]

My a8se!

He started his career and ended his career with the OF and jumped ship at DUFC. If these things happened with Janny etc what the hell did that have to do with him - he was only a player not the manager. Maybe he thought he was something more than this. As regards Hartley he always wanted to play for his beloved Bhoys and Gordon, IMO, foolishly allowed himself to get caught up in the pro Scottish - anti Lithunanian thing. And if your brother-in law is telling you matters of a confidential nature I hope the same fate befalls him, you stupid dickhead - which I only said because you called me a clown.

I'd say dickhead is worse than a clown?

My brother in law has not shouted his mouth off in the press or nowt, but do you never go home and tell your family when you've had a **** day at work?

Hartley and Gordon were always getting their moves, so had no need to sign a confidentiality agreement, unlike Elvis, who could still (I suppose he is) playing reserve fitba but again, do you hate them?

So who is worse, a guy whos choking to sign for celtic or a guy who is forced out?

Why should Elvis not sign for sellik?

If your boss forced you out, but his rival wanted you, for more money, you wouldnt go?

As for, whats it got to do with him? HE WAS CLUB CAPTAIN AND RESPONSIBLE FOR INSTILLING DISCIPLINE, STICKING UP FOR PLAYERS AND DEMANDING EFFORT FROM THE PLAYERSD SIDE.

Lets be honest.....

Who hated the chest thumping, arrogance, head shaking individual that pumped his shirt and ****ed off us jambos that once served his cause so well?

would that same arrogance, chest thumping head shaking individual not unite us all and lead us forward???????

Just a thought but that kind of leadership is wat we desire!!!!!

hunnybunny

YES

He had the guts to turn up for Robbie not matter what reception he got - and it was far better than the idiots that booded - and he was at the Player of the Year do. We got his best years so I have no problems with him doing what he can for the club

Following last nights debacle, and Frail's subsequent comments about the team requiring leadership, would you want Elvis back (even short term) as captain? Would he come back? Would Romanov allow it? If not how about someone like Russell Anderson?

Oh dear, here we go again. :sad:

Elhvis is a Judas who treated the club and its fans despicably.

Anderson is utterly gash.

So it's a no to both.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Would have him back, 100%.

We need a leader and from what I hear the chest thumping was misinterpreted, (he would say that thou), and I would love for him to earn respect of all the fans again.

Ledgend, and no matter what he did, he will never be as bigger FUD then Vlad.

Definitely, player/coach or just coach.

I wouldn't even let ********* drive our coach. He's a grade-A slhime bhall who should never darken Tynecastle's doorstep again. :mad:

I was totally pi$$ed off when he done the chest thumping bit on his return to Tynecastle, but I`d still love to have him back he`s got more leadership qualities than our Christophe will ever have, Berra just doesn`t seem to be strong enough in commanding the respect of the players on the park. IMO.

I wouldn't even let ********* drive our coach. He's a grade-A slhime bhall who should never darken Tynecastle's doorstep again. :mad:

Pathetic, but not suprising. grade A diatribe!

Please don't be fooled by the testimonial, it was basically a kick about in the park with mates. He's pretty much finished at the top level as a player.

Would gladly have him back as a coach.

Given our awful situation re. the management committee/playing squad/dressing room discipline etc:

I want to see us getting all of the management committee and most of the playing staff cleared out.

I would instal Jefferies, Pressley, Fulton and Locke as our management/coaching staff. Time to learn from the Rangers post Le Guen model.

Jasonauskas
I would instal Jefferies, Pressley, Fulton and Locke as our management/coaching staff. Time to learn from the Rangers post Le Guen model.

Yes please, that would be a fantastic appointment IMO, it's a shame that it's never going to happen.

Archived