Would You Take Elvis Back?

Tynie1969

You're right, he doesn't. But despite the impression I may have given in my original post, I have no intention of making any demands of him.

To be honest, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

You seem like a reasonable man. Tell me that three years down the line after SP's appointment and with the odd trophy in hand and having sorted this sorry mess you wouldn't shake his hand and say "Thanks?"

I know I would.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a massive Elvis fan and felt he held the club together almost single handed for a while. I had nothing but admiration for him as club captain.

Like most, I was disgusted at his chest thumping and general behaviour when he returned with Celtic - I thought he had more class than that.

As for now...well I have to say that I would have him back in a second. Why?

1) It has been documented on here that Elvis has explained on several occasions that his antics were all about a two fingers to Romanov, not the club or the fans. Ill advised all the same but I'd be prepared to forgive and forget.

2) he may be past his best but he is still a decent defender and he is a born leader. We need his organisation and motivation on the pitch. I think maybe he could help Berra become the player I once thought he could be (I say thought as I think the big man has lost his way under pressure of the captaincy)

3) Hearts as a club are barely recognisable from the one Ive watched my whole life. We have lost our soul and our Heart. its got to the point where all I want next season is to see 11 guys who are willing to try for 90 minutes regardless of ability. Thats a sad indictment of how far we have fallen under Romanov. I believe big Elvis would be the man to turn things around.

wackojacko

Yes to both, why wouldnt we welcome back a fantastic player and a loyal Hearts servant, remind me what he did wrong, to my mind he simply highlighted what had obviously become an intolerable situation for the players, I know in the eyes of many on this site that made him a traitor but that says more about them than him, have him back in a minute as player or manager.

Do you know where hell is

Wacko, your name says more about you than we need to know. Choosing the name of a pedo and then having a dig at others...priceless!

Do you know where hell is
Not all Hearts fans - the reasonable ones couldn't give a toss. Why should he apologise to you? You've got no idea what went on and have a hugely inflated idea of your own importance. Truthfully, SP couldn't give a mhonkeys for your sad kind of rambling.

How many years service? Cup winning captain? Thinks Romi's a nob? Ticks all the boxes in my book.

Go back to your wee nursery intellectual corner.

Nice one mate, you ask me not to be abusive yet fail to contain yourself when it is you. Have a read of your post again, if you said that to someone in the street your would get cracked in the mask, yet only a few posts before you were asking me why i had to be abusive?

Tells me all i need to know about you, an emotionally dependant fool who seem to be unable to deal in fact. Go through the elvis senario point by point and you will see he is not a man of substance, just a big mouth whore. He chose money over the truth. Fact, and you can tart it up anyway you want but it is the truth.

Nice one mate, you ask me not to be abusive yet fail to contain yourself when it is you. Have a read of your post again, if you said that to someone in the street your would get cracked in the mask, yet only a few posts before you were asking me why i had to be abusive?

Tells me all i need to know about you, an emotionally dependant fool who seem to be unable to deal in fact. Go through the elvis senario point by point and you will see he is not a man of substance, just a big mouth whore. He chose money over the truth. Fact, and you can tart it up anyway you want but it is the truth.

Alright - got me there. Thought you might notice.:)

But I disagree 100%. You can't airbrush a cup-winning captain because he made one stupid mistake. We all have. He didn't go for the money, it was the best option for his family. The fact he had to go in the first place is the real tragedy.

Go through the elvis senario point by point and you will see he is not a man of substance, just a big mouth whore. He chose money over the truth. Fact, and you can tart it up anyway you want but it is the truth.

Spot on. It's incredible the number of posters on here who seem prepared to turn the other cheek despite the fact that Jhudas seriously disrespected the club and its fans. At least some of us on here - like you and me - have principles.

Spot on. It's incredible the number of posters on here who seem prepared to turn the other cheek despite the fact that Jhudas seriously disrespected the club and its fans. At least some of us on here - like you and me - have principles.

Is there not a difference between having principles and just being bloody-minded? :)

I think the chest pumping was what Elvis was all about. And he did display that passion for Hearts for the best part of a decade. And moving to Celtic dose not take any of that passion away. I think he has to earn a wage and we did bump him out after all. But the chest pumping was silly. It touched a real raw nerve at the time but time has healed that for me. He got a cracking deal at Celtic because he is welllll past his sell by date.

Id have him back... fortunately he's not first team material now (id have prime Elvis is my Hearts all time select as captain) But to have him as a coach and like someone said a coach that can play if needs be and in the reserves would be ideal to help develop the younger lads.

id have prime Elvis is my Hearts all time select as captain.

That's right, he was much better than Freddie Glidden, Tommy Walker, Dave Mackay etc. :rolleyes:

Look, the snhake is not coming back so why not give these threads a rest?

I have to say your total lack of brains is astounding.

Resorting to personal abuse is not a great indicator of brainpower you know.

And I think that if you look carefully at your fellow members of the anti-Pressley brigade, they're not all intellectual giants.

The man is a traitor, if you deal in fact and not your emotional ties then you should be able to see the truth.

Yes, my wish for SP to return is partly "emotional". Why should it not be? Any normal football fan's support for his/her club is based to a large extent on an emotional tie. (Obviously, Hibs fans are the exception here; their support is based purely on something akin to the objective appreciation of fine art. But my team is not called Hearts for nothing.)

As I've said often enough here, my estimation of SP is based on what I saw him do whilst a Hearts player. I have seen no-one (not even Donald Ford) give more for the cause. I value that. My heart tells me this is a man of substance, an outstanding footballer who could become a great manager.

But you want "facts". The facts are that SP was forced out and his silence bought off. The objective truth is that he's not the first person to be unable to work with Romanov and he won't be the last. That doesn't reflect badly on him, in my judgement.

Length of service is irrelevant. Adolf Hitler served as leader of Germany from 1933 to 1945. It doesn't mean he was a great bloke.

Jhudas Pressley is a slhimeball. I wouldn't want him back, but fortunately there's no chance of him slithering his way into Tynecastle while Mr Romanov is in charge. :)

Heard that chat before. Two Words; Robbie's Testimonial. Be Afraid.

ming the merciless
You seem like a reasonable man. Tell me that three years down the line after SP's appointment and with the odd trophy in hand and having sorted this sorry mess you wouldn't shake his hand and say "Thanks?"

I know I would.

Praise indeed, H98. I can't tell you that, as I'm as fickle as the next eejit.

Just to explain, I held the man in very high regard and had happily put him in the 'legend' category. He fell down off of a very high pedestal that day when he returned to Tynie (because of his behaviour, not the colours he wore) and I would love to understand why he acted that way.

Anyway, enough of this this and apologies for getting humpty. You're initial response got under my skin a bit.

I would take him back,but would like an explanation why he did that chest thump that day 1st,i stood by him right up until that moment,and when i saw him do that i just thought he was classless

Archived