Would You Take Elvis Back?

Tynie1969

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frankenstein Jambo.
After his chest thumping display on his return I hope he doesn't even do the half-time draw! I backed him all the way but he disgraced himself.

If a club treated me the way elvis was treated hearts then i'd do exacty the same. just getting his own back.

Ray Winstone

I would take him back in any role the club might be able to offer him.

His influence on the players would be a welcome relief.

Jambojohnnyboy

Yes. Maybe not as Manager at first but he could install a bit of passion in the team again.

Frankenstein Jambo.

A born leader, a cup winning captain, a jambo through and through, a player with the heart and disire only some players would dream of.

Would i take elvis back? no doubt about. What he lack in speed is more than compansated by his sheer expeirence.

It would appear that more than a few on here have a soft spot for elvis. It would also appear that we have sunk so low and became so desperate that we are willing to accept someone who shat on the fans back with open arms.

Those of you out there who find that hard to believe can basically kiss my erse. If that seems a bit out of order, again, kiss my erse as i have seen many a petty insult dished out to those who dare suggest elvis is anything other than a "legend".

Whatever your believe regarding the reasons for him leaving the one fact that cannot be denied is that he did sign a confidentiality agreement. I personally find this very strange considering he hijacked a press conference to tell the world that there were serious problems at the club yet when he was "forced" out of the door he decided it was best to keep it all under wraps.

I dont know if he was tapped up by sellic and to be honest i am not too bothered as he ended up there, as to how he got there is irellivant. His return to tynie was always going to be a strange an emotional affair as he would have been unsure of the fans reaction. Given that he was returning to the club he had captained for years and believed he would end his career at, it is beyond belief that he would accept the captaincy (his one and only time) from a hibby who has admitted hates hearts.

Many will argue that it was to stick it up vlad but that is just clutching at straws in my opinion. He had the opportunity to stick it to vlad by spilling the beans, as any paper would have paid him ten times the money he was due from the club for the exclusive on hearts.

The way he acted on the day in front of the fans was a disgrace from start to finish. The chest beating was bad enough but he also ran the length of the pitch to bang chest's with a surprised Jan daft name. I though that elvis was a legend and i never thought the day would come when i would be saying this about him but he has burnt his bridges as far as i am concerned.

I cannot see how he could return and work with vlad after all that has happened and i for one am glad of that. Before many say it, i wish vlad would feck off also, this is not some pro vlad spiel but one against a traitor.

You seem to think you know what you're talking about but do us all a favour and do all your research first.

When he was sacked by Hearts (and rightly so imo) he was originally going to sign for Charlton which is about as far away from Parkhead as you can get. Then Celtic came in with an offer and he decided not to uproot his family and stay in Scotland.

He wasn't a traitor, just someone with no other options.

he hijacked a press conference to tell the world that there were serious problems at the club yet when he was "forced" out of the door he decided it was best to keep it all under wraps.

, this is not some pro vlad spiel but one against a traitor.

And of course, nothing that has subsequently happened would give us any reason to think that there were serious problems. In fact, since he left we've been absolutely flying.

"Traitor" - what nonsense.

Absolutely

He is/was the strongest character and leader Hearts have had in the past 20 or so years at least. I think he'd be appalled to see how far things have gone downhill with regards to application and discipline in training since even he left.

The man is a Hearts legend and an ultimate professional. We are rudderless at the moment, and the players are coasting along because they can get away with it. Shameful

Pistol1874
Absolutely

He is/was the strongest character and leader Hearts have had in the past 20 or so years at least. I think he'd be appalled to see how far things have gone downhill with regards to application and discipline in training since even he left.

The man is a Hearts legend and an ultimate professional. We are rudderless at the moment, and the players are coasting along because they can get away with it. Shameful

Having been very suspicious and critical of Pressley previously, it is undeniable that we are worse off without him.

Yesterday one of the few remaining professionals/voices of sanity/good influences left to join Falkirk.

We now have a very limited number of players who give a toss about whether Hearts win or lose beyond their wages and bonus.

I took Pressley's appearance at Robbies game as his way of apologising to the fans and to be completely honest would take him back tomorrow, we need him or someone very like him this summer. Putting aside personal feeling, even those who still dislike him cannot surely deny that Hearts would be in a better position with Steven Pressley around.

This is not the time for cutting our nose off to spite our face.

If he brought Anderson with him that would be a bonus.

sprinbox98
I wouldn't even let ********* drive our coach. He's a grade-A slhime bhall who should never darken Tynecastle's doorstep again. :mad:

I thought you nwould have been stuck in a jail in Manchester you bigoted plonker.

I'ev nver heard such tripe written on this mesage board. I take it he would be a grade a slimeball if joined 'the bears'...nope didnt think so. he would be worshipped by you and your 20 cling on, wanna be huns!

rudi must stay
Following last nights debacle, and Frail's subsequent comments about the team requiring leadership, would you want Elvis back (even short term) as captain? Would he come back? Would Romanov allow it? If not how about someone like Russell Anderson?

i'd take Anderson instead of Pressley. Could be an equally good captain and he has a bit of pace which is what Elvis has lacked for years

Will he apologise for walking out on the club and joining Celtic?

:laugh:

Just make up your own story then.

In a heartbeat.

Would their been such an outcry if he had beaten his chest whilst playing for Dundee Utd or Motherwell?

No - but because it is Celtic then the usual stuff begins. By the way if Balde hadn't broke his leg the week before he would have been at Charlton.

I'll never forget what he did to keep this club together.

Yip agree

As a coach. He's past it now.

Yip.

PresidentRomanov

Pressley's proved, beyond all doubt, that he can't be relied upon when the going gets tough, and is a quitter with no staying power, or backbone :mad:

The man's a rheptile :mad:

Following last nights debacle, and Frail's subsequent comments about the team requiring leadership, would you want Elvis back (even short term) as captain? Would he come back? Would Romanov allow it? If not how about someone like Russell Anderson?

Disinfect him, give him a few slaps, delouse him then HELL yeah get him back to where he belongs

i hated what he did that day with the chest thuping but he is exactly what we need at the moment a winner and a leader. look what weir is still doing for the huns at 38

Absolutely I want Elvis back at Hearts. He held the club together when he was here. Look what has happened since he left! His leadership is badly missed.

Amazing to read posts still referring to him as a traitor. He stood up to Romanov, we should thank him for that. Maybe we should too while we still have a club left.

always a jambo

I'd take Elvis back in a minute but whether Romanov would allow it is another matter.

We need a leader at the back because Berra is not the man for the job right now.

Do you know where hell is
And of course, nothing that has subsequently happened would give us any reason to think that there were serious problems. In fact, since he left we've been absolutely flying.

"Traitor" - what nonsense.

I have to say your total lack of brains is astounding. I have never said there werent any problems, what i am saying is, if they were as bad as elvis has said, and as you state recent events have shown that they are, why then did he sign an agreement when he was forced out?

The man is a traitor, if you deal in fact and not your emotional ties then you should be able to see the truth.

Dirk Diggler
Absolutely I want Elvis back at Hearts. He held the club together when he was here. Look what has happened since he left! His leadership is badly missed.

Amazing to read posts still referring to him as a traitor. He stood up to Romanov, we should thank him for that. Maybe we should too while we still have a club left.

If he had actually told us anything, I'd maybe agree with you.

Fact is, he never.

As for your last gambit, We'll always have a club.

You seem to think you know what you're talking about but do us all a favour and do all your research first.

When he was sacked by Hearts (and rightly so imo) he was originally going to sign for Charlton which is about as far away from Parkhead as you can get. Then Celtic came in with an offer and he decided not to uproot his family and stay in Scotland.

He wasn't a traitor, just someone with no other options.

Are you for real mate? can you even read ? If so i suggest you read again. I know these FACTS as does anyone who cares to listen. I never said elvis was a traitor for going to sellic i was stating that he was a traitor to the fans for doing what he did.

You seem to think that your a bit o a smart erse trying to rip me apart with a point that has sweet fa to do with what i was talking about. Read the line after the one you highlighted for me, as it says, "how he got there is irrelivant" meaning iut doesnt matter to me as that was not my problem with him.

Are you for real mate? can you even read ? If so i suggest you read again. I know these FACTS as does anyone who cares to listen. I never said elvis was a traitor for going to sellic i was stating that he was a traitor to the fans for doing what he did.

You seem to think that your a bit o a smart erse trying to rip me apart with a point that has sweet fa to do with what i was talking about. Read the line after the one you highlighted for me, as it says, "how he got there is irrelivant" meaning iut doesnt matter to me as that was not my problem with him.

Do you have to be that abusive? You've got your point of view which is fair enough and others differ. SP will never return to the club in an official capacity while the Romanovs remain.

Do you have to be that abusive? You've got your point of view which is fair enough and others differ. SP will never return to the club in an official capacity while the Romanovs remain.

I can appreciate what it is that you are saying but i feel you are ignoring the many elvis supporters who rip into and abuse anyone who dares question his legend status. The poster was sarcastic from the start so i just retrned the favour. Last time i checked we were all big boys so take it easy mate.

Susie-Jambo-66
I'd take Elvis back in a minute but whether Romanov would allow it is another matter.

We need a leader at the back because Berra is not the man for the job right now.

Well said ;)

We need him back. He is a leader Hearts doesn't have a leader ;)

ming the merciless

If he apologises to the Hearts fans for his antics that day, then we can discuss having him back. Haven't heard one so far.

If he hates Romanov - understandable. However, doesn't excuse the way he behaved. Look at Hartley: nippy wee sh*te but has respected the Hearts fans whenever he's come up against them.

Fed up with this debate to be honest. Let him explain to the fans he 'adored' why he did what he did, then we'll take it from there.

Only a Game

If we're having Elvis back as a first choice centre half we'll need a really good young PACEY centre half to do the leg work because playing wise he'll be a bit of a liability. I dont think Berra is quick enough or good enough to carry Elvis (Webster was)

As far as captaincy and leadership are concerned I'd take him back without even thinking about it

The Old Tolbooth

I'd take him back in a heartbeat, his experience is just what Berra needs!

I'd also love to see him as some sort of coach with us because the guy is a leader and a winner.

I'd have him back in a nano second. Have anyone semi decent at Hearts to be honest. That was one helluva ****e season we have just endured.

If he apologises to the Hearts fans for his antics that day, then we can discuss having him back. Haven't heard one so far.

If he hates Romanov - understandable. However, doesn't excuse the way he behaved. Look at Hartley: nippy wee sh*te but has respected the Hearts fans whenever he's come up against them.

Fed up with this debate to be honest. Let him explain to the fans he 'adored' why he did what he did, then we'll take it from there.

Not all Hearts fans - the reasonable ones couldn't give a toss. Why should he apologise to you? You've got no idea what went on and have a hugely inflated idea of your own importance. Truthfully, SP couldn't give a mhonkeys for your sad kind of rambling.

How many years service? Cup winning captain? Thinks Romi's a nob? Ticks all the boxes in my book.

Go back to your wee nursery intellectual corner.

ming the merciless
Not all Hearts fans - the reasonable ones couldn't give a toss. Why should he apologise to you? You've got no idea what went on and have a hugely inflated idea of your own importance. Truthfully, SP couldn't give a mhonkeys for your sad kind of rambling.

How many years service? Cup winning captain? Thinks Romi's a nob? Ticks all the boxes in my book.

Go back to your wee nursery intellectual corner.

All I did was state my opinion on Kickback. At no point did I suggest I was speaking for all Hearts fans.

In the same paragraph you tell me I have no idea what SP thinks, then tell me that you do. You must be his best mate.

Anyway, there's no need to get abusive just because I don't share your point of view. Still, if that's the level of debate we get on Kickback now, why bother?

The White Cockade

Think his best playing days are gone now but yes would love him back on the coaching staff

but no chance while Romanov is still here

All I did was state my opinion on Kickback. At no point did I suggest I was speaking for all Hearts fans.

In the same paragraph you tell me I have no idea what SP thinks, then tell me that you do. You must be his best mate.

Anyway, there's no need to get abusive just because I don't share your point of view. Still, if that's the level of debate we get on Kickback now, why bother?

You said "if he apologises to Hearts fans."

I'm a Hearts fan. He doesn't need to apologise to me.

How many years service?

Length of service is irrelevant. Adolf Hitler served as leader of Germany from 1933 to 1945. It doesn't mean he was a great bloke.

Jhudas Pressley is a slhimeball. I wouldn't want him back, but fortunately there's no chance of him slithering his way into Tynecastle while Mr Romanov is in charge. :)

ming the merciless
You said "if he apologises to Hearts fans."

I'm a Hearts fan. He doesn't need to apologise to me.

Fair enough, I should have been clearer - just ease up on the abuse, eh? You don't know me any better than I know Elvis.

It still rankles with me what he did that day but I know not everyone feels the same.

Length of service is irrelevant. Adolf Hitler served as leader of Germany from 1933 to 1945. It doesn't mean he was a great bloke.

Jhudas Pressley is a slhimeball. I wouldn't want him back, but fortunately there's no chance of him slithering his way into Tynecastle while Mr Romanov is in charge. :)

To my knowledge, SP wasn't responsible for invading sovereign countries or sanctioning genocide while at Hearts. I'll give you the last point though..

Fair enough, I should have been clearer - just ease up on the abuse, eh? You don't know me any better than I know Elvis.

It still rankles with me what he did that day but I know not everyone feels the same.

Not personal but you're the one demanding something from him. He owes you nothing.

Anyone who seriously believes that Pee Aitch Ressley pumped his chest as a gesture at the Romanovs is deluded. It was a pathetic attempt to ingratiate himself with a Thelick support who were never going to accept Pee Aitch Ressley anyway, as he isn't "Thelick Mhinded" enough.

I wouldn't want Pee Aitch Ressley back, and I'm glad that under Romanov it's unlikely.

JennyJambo

I'd welcome him back in an instant.

The whole chest thumping issue has been blown massively out of proportion.

I'd pay his wages just to have his influence around the place. Even at a bloody testimonial for the limited time he was one he shouted, directed and applauded his team mates more than anyone in a maroon jersey has done all season.

His influence in a dressing room or indeed his presence in representing a club in front of the media should not be over looked.

ming the merciless
Not personal but you're the one demanding something from him. He owes you nothing.

You're right, he doesn't. But despite the impression I may have given in my original post, I have no intention of making any demands of him.

To be honest, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Anyone who seriously believes that Pee Aitch Ressley pumped his chest as a gesture at the Romanovs is deluded. It was a pathetic attempt to ingratiate himself with a Thelick support who were never going to accept Pee Aitch Ressley anyway, as he isn't "Thelick Mhinded" enough.

I wouldn't want Pee Aitch Ressley back, and I'm glad that under Romanov it's unlikely

But not impossible ;)

The Old Tolbooth

I cant be arsed looking through this entire thread, but is there anyone who wouldn't renew their season ticket (assuming everything was tickety boo in the Gorgie garden of course) if Elvis came back to Hearts, and this being the only thing that would sway their decision?

Shurely not Mish Moneypenny :cool_shades:

(Sean Connery impersonation)

I cant be arsed looking through this entire thread, but is there anyone who wouldn't renew their season ticket (assuming everything was tickety boo in the Gorgie garden of course) if Elvis came back to Hearts, and this being the only thing that would sway their decision?

Shurely not Mish Moneypenny :cool_shades:

(Sean Connery impersonation)

They have already renewed allegedly ;) Romanov would really stitch them up by bringing the legend back in July in fact it would be the best thing he has done in over 2 years !!

CornhillHearts

"I dont think Berra is quick enough or good enough to carry Elvis (Webster was)"

You obviously know nothing about football , as Berra's pace is probably his main asset.

CornhillHearts

If he brings back the leg end in July I would be very surprised as before I renewed I was assured he would not be back whilst Vlad was in charge, and I for one am delightedddddddddd.

Archived