Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Bigsmak

Watched season 2 of Extraordinary - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14531842/  _ I enjoyed both seasons, acting was fine, nice little concept - some funny bits.  If you have nothing else to watch or want something light to have on in the background - this works. 

Started the Dead Boy detectives - Neil Gaiman was the creator. - Much like Sandman and I think there might be a little crossover - 

2 episodes in and its OK.  Nothing I will remember in a few months time.  

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PortyJambo

I'm a bit behind as it aired at the end of last year, but just finished watching the 2nd season of The Lazarus Project on Sky. The first season was enjoyable enough, if not exactly great, but the 2nd season was a mess. They went down the usual hole of time travel type shows and just confused everything by changing rules they'd set up in the 1st season, so I ended up not having a clue what was going on and there were plot holes galore.

Anyway, it was cancelled, so don't need to worry about getting even more confused if it had carried on!

cheetah

Enjoying 'This Town' on iplayer.

Birmingham/Coventry 1979/80, two tone, IRA, great soundtrack and cracking story.

Auld Reekin'

I'm not going to wade through 177 previous pages (sorry), but on the off-chance they've not already been mentioned both 'Blue Lights' (Belfast) & 'Kin' (Dublin) are both brilliant. 

Boozyuzi

"The Shield" One of the greatest shows of all time is repeated from the beginning on the Dave channel starting Monday night at 11pm.  Hopefully they show all 7 seasons, it's quality all the way till the end.

Dawnrazor
12 hours ago, Cade said:

giphy (3).gif

William H. Bonney
13 hours ago, Cade said:

I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons but season 3 bored the shit out of me. 

Dead Boy Detectives

Another slice of whimsical, gothic, supernatural comedy/drama from the marvellous mind of Neil Gaiman.

Two ghosts run a detective agency helping other ghosts.

Set in the same world as The Sandman, with cameos from Sandman characters.

Good fun, if you like Gaiman's stuff.

maggieb
On 29/04/2024 at 21:38, Francis Albert said:

A dissenting voice. I think Baby Reindeer is one of the worst things I have seen for a long time. Episode 4 just ludicrous. I am out now thankfully.

Aw FA ,I had to watch with the Mrs ,a deal we have with football watching sadly but I have to say if you have a free hour to finish this off you may be emotionally surprised? For a true story with a difficult theme ,once I got past the edgy/? Stuff ,it was a good 8/10 for me 👍

Ray Gin

I enjoyed Ripley on Netflix. Bit of a different take from the film, and a bizarre casting choice for Freddy, but worth a watch. 

Americana

Tattooist of Auschwitz, doesnt matter how many shows or movies I watch on the subject I still struggle to comprehend the subject.

Hard hitting tv and well cast. The actress who played Gita and Harvey Keitel are surely in for some awards.

Ray Gin
59 minutes ago, Americana said:

Tattooist of Auschwitz, doesnt matter how many shows or movies I watch on the subject I still struggle to comprehend the subject.

Hard hitting tv and well cast. The actress who played Gita and Harvey Keitel are surely in for some awards.

I'll be watching this. The book was a good read.

Tazio

3rd season of Clarkson’s Farm on Amazon. And old business but entertaining as the last seasons. 

Ulysses
On 01/05/2024 at 09:53, cheetah said:

Enjoying 'This Town' on iplayer.

Birmingham/Coventry 1979/80, two tone, IRA, great soundtrack and cracking story.

Carl Fredrickson
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

3rd season of Clarkson’s Farm on Amazon. And old business but entertaining as the last seasons. 

The pig mating scene was hilarious. Episode 4 was so sad. 

mrmarkus1981_1
2 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The pig mating scene was hilarious. Episode 4 was so sad. 

I watched Ep 3 on Friday night and was crying laughing at that. I watched Ep 4 on Sunday with a hangover and was just crying 😕 

milky_26
10 hours ago, Tazio said:

Hopefully Gerald gets better. Did I hear right that Gerald is 75?

Carl Fredrickson
9 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

I watched Ep 3 on Friday night and was crying laughing at that. I watched Ep 4 on Sunday with a hangover and was just crying 😕 

I can relate to the male pig :shockio:

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bloody hell lads, I’m dreading episode 4 now. 

The worst thing was that it is only 4 episodes at present with the other 4 dropping on Friday. Didnt end in a happy theme but great TV all the same

Carl Fredrickson
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

Hopefully Gerald gets better. Did I hear right that Gerald is 75?

Def 70s, thought it was 74 but my hearing aint great. He has been missed so far in this series.

Ron Burgundy

Re-watching Dexter on Netflix. Loved it first time around.

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Re-watching Dexter on Netflix. Loved it first time around.

It's brilliant but the drop off after season 3 is steep, particularly when Quinn loses about 2 stone and looks like he's wearing his big brothers clothes 

rudi must stay

Watched the Kevin Spacey documentary on 4OD. Horrible man 

Ray Gin
5 hours ago, Bozi said:

It's brilliant but the drop off after season 3 is steep, particularly when Quinn loses about 2 stone and looks like he's wearing his big brothers clothes 

Season 4 is Trinity and arguably the best season. Downhill from there though as the original writers left.

Dawnrazor

Dopesick.

BBC 2 on a Sunday at 10pm.

It's about the prescription opioid epidemic in the US.

Bigsmak
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Watched the Kevin Spacey documentary on 4OD. Horrible man 

I might watch this - I don't really follow celebrity news - All I heard was he was using his fame to try and cop off with lads! ... What else was he up to? 

14 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Season 4 is Trinity and arguably the best season. Downhill from there though as the original writers left.

Aw snap I thought that was 3, been a while since I watched it 

Yeah Trinity is the peak 

14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Dopesick.

BBC 2 on a Sunday at 10pm.

It's about the prescription opioid epidemic in the US.

Watched it last year on Disney+ and it's absolutely brilliant 

Aaron78
52 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Aw snap I thought that was 3, been a while since I watched it 

Yeah Trinity is the peak 

It was the perfect point to end the series with everything coming full circle but unfortunately it was too successful at that point to stop.

Even the end of season 7 might have worked as an ending if Deb made a different choice of who to shoot but they didn't take that opportunity. 

In the end we were given a terrible end to season 8 and an even worse one on New Blood.  If it had ended on season 4 it would be rated one of the greatest series of all time, in my view.

Disco Dave
On 04/05/2024 at 00:09, Boozyuzi said:

"The Shield" One of the greatest shows of all time is repeated from the beginning on the Dave channel starting Monday night at 11pm.  Hopefully they show all 7 seasons, it's quality all the way till the end.

Another vote for this from me. 

Sex Panther

10 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

Another vote for this from me. 

Yep, The Shield is up there with the best of them. Outstanding and might have to rewatch.

Currently on Shogun following the recommendations on this thread. Really good so far.

Disser Pointon

Really enjoying This Town on BBC, good storyline and soundtrack.

Pans Jambo
On 07/05/2024 at 12:15, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Me & Mrs PJ were in tatters about the piglets.....then the mother had to get put down as well 😭

Carl Fredrickson
33 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Me & Mrs PJ were in tatters about the piglets.....then the mother had to get put down as well 😭

😭

Ray Gin

Vic Mackey is one of the all-time great TV antiheroes.

On 08/05/2024 at 13:27, Aaron78 said:

It was the perfect point to end the series with everything coming full circle but unfortunately it was too successful at that point to stop.

Even the end of season 7 might have worked as an ending if Deb made a different choice of who to shoot but they didn't take that opportunity. 

In the end we were given a terrible end to season 8 and an even worse one on New Blood.  If it had ended on season 4 it would be rated one of the greatest series of all time, in my view.

Hard to disagree with any of that, it had the perfect balance up to that point but the ending was a complete mess 

Haven't had the heart to watch New Blood 

Ray Gin
3 hours ago, Bozi said:

Haven't had the heart to watch New Blood 

Don't bother. I gave up on it half way through.

Disco Dave
On 22/04/2024 at 22:59, Bigsmak said:

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Baby Reindeer.. Oh my, this is great TV. My toes were so curled up at some moments. The actress who plays the stalker is just brilliant. 

10% you should watch this. Nice short episodes.. it doesn't drag. Really evokes an emotional response. 

Just watched the Piers Morgan interview with the real “Martha”. The actress who played her has absolutely nailed it. 

Bigsmak
56 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Just watched the Piers Morgan interview with the real “Martha”. The actress who played her has absolutely nailed it. 

We watched that tonight as well.  I don't want to speak ill of the woman, but she clearly need help.  She's like a real life Jay from the inbetweeners.  Happens to have a boyfriend whos a lawyer, who no one has met yet... etc etc. 

Bigsmak
5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Don't bother. I gave up on it half way through.

I also gave up on this half way through - Just as Clancy Brown appeared and I love that guy! 

Disco Dave
6 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

We watched that tonight as well.  I don't want to speak ill of the woman, but she clearly need help.  She's like a real life Jay from the inbetweeners.  Happens to have a boyfriend whos a lawyer, who no one has met yet... etc etc. 

100%. She hasn’t helped herself at all. Questionable as to whether they should have broadcast it really. All she has done is confirm it’s likely all true as Morgan tripped her story up throughout.

Muppetboy
1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

100%. She hasn’t helped herself at all. Questionable as to whether they should have broadcast it really. All she has done is confirm it’s likely all true as Morgan tripped her story up throughout.

It will be interesting to see if a lot of what she is refuting turns out to be true. I do feel that she seems really vulnerable and I'm concerned how all this will affect her psychologically. 

As for the show, 6/10 for me. Jessica gunning was top drawer tho! 

Disco Dave
1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

It will be interesting to see if a lot of what she is refuting turns out to be true. I do feel that she seems really vulnerable and I'm concerned how all this will affect her psychologically. 

As for the show, 6/10 for me. Jessica gunning was top drawer tho! 

I cant believe there is anyway Netflix would have streamed it without validating that the basic facts (40,000 emails, the voicemails, the letters etc) are there. 

hughesie27
On 28/04/2024 at 04:18, Captain Sausage said:

Baby Reindeer - great TV. His monologue on stage was a work of art. 

Only thing I didn’t like was the transsexual actress - thought she was really wooden and scripted. The rest of the cast were outstanding. 

I think that's the main point of her character, being the most stable of everyone else in it.

1971fozzy
12 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

I cant believe there is anyway Netflix would have streamed it without validating that the basic facts (40,000 emails, the voicemails, the letters etc) are there. 

she was a lamb to the slaughter. Your right. Netflix will have lawyers falling out their arse and would no way of commissioned the show without all the evidence. She was all over the place in the interview and as much as I dislike Piers Morgan it was like he never went out of first gear because she was so vulnerable. Just my take on it.

Sharky999
Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2024 at 07:38, Ray Gin said:

I enjoyed Ripley on Netflix. Bit of a different take from the film, and a bizarre casting choice for Freddy, but worth a watch. 

Weirdly enjoyable. Bit of a slow burn but was one of those that kept you watching.

Cinematography was first class

Edited by Sharky999

micole

I know possibly everyone has watched it, but the other night I watched an episode of Band of Brothers ( Day of Days) and it is still the best TV series ever IMO, I had forgotten how brilliant it is