Official JKB Tournament DARTS megathread

:shitwine:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winstanley giving Van Gurneypuss a decent game.

Edit: Put the Indian sign on him as he's been murder since I posted that.

Game over 3-1 to MvG

• 2 weeks later...

ITV4 has a few tournaments over the next few weeks. Coverage of the Europeans on just now.

WTF is Justin Pipe's technique all about?

• 2 weeks later...

What a great final. Mervyn King 9-2 up on James Wade and Wade came back to win it 11-10.

King missed something like 8 shots at the prize.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fantastic victory for Gary Anderson this weekend in the Players Championship, his first ever PDC ranking tournament win on TV.

He beat Taylor in the quarters and Lewis in the final.

Fantastic victory for Gary Anderson this weekend in the Players Championship, his first ever PDC ranking tournament win on TV.

He beat Taylor in the quarters and Lewis in the final.

Isn't the Premier League a ranking tournament?

Isn't the Premier League a ranking tournament?

No. Its only the top 4 and 6 invitees. Bit like the Masters in Snooker.

Anderson in to 7s for the world crown.

His win at weekend puts him in the easy side of the draw with only the tired looking MVG of any note and maybe chisnall. The rest are currently on the way down. Newton, hammer. Whitlock etc.

The other side of the draw has taylor, lewis, wade, wright, bunting, kim huybrects to name only a few.

This is it for Gary. Mike is looking a busted flush, the last two years have blown him out. Gary looking easy in motion and should be making the final no sweat.

If he sticks 50% doubles, he'll lift the title.

Bunting is my sneaky bet to get there too so I'm going ando 7- family guy 3 .

• 3 weeks later...

Always know it's Christmas time when the World Championship's starting :jjyay:

What's the story with John Part? Seen him at 12/5 to beat Keegan Brown in the first round - generous odds surely?

Always know it's Christmas time when the World Championship's starting :jjyay:

What's the story with John Part? Seen him at 12/5 to beat Keegan Brown in the first round - generous odds surely?

Don't think John Part plays in an awful lot of the majors, yet still think he gets through by his Order of Merit position. Mental to think he was world champion in 2008.

Aside from the obvious, there's some value to be had. Adrian Lewis at 11/1 is a shout.

Quite fancy Bunting EW at 40/1 too.

Don't think John Part plays in an awful lot of the majors, yet still think he gets through by his Order of Merit position. Mental to think he was world champion in 2008.

Aside from the obvious, there's some value to be had. Adrian Lewis at 11/1 is a shout.

He's definitely on the way down but he's put in a couple decent showings in this tournament in the last 2/3 years IIRC. Looking at it can understand Brown being the favourite but would want better than 1/3 for him.

Got an each way on James Wade to win the whole thing at 17-1. 

A bit optimistic but when he hits his A game he is superb, and the odds on the favourites are too short for my liking.

Is it not because he's a former World Champion (x2) thats gets him his place?

Is it not because he's a former World Champion (x2) thats gets him his place?

Possibly but surely that would only last so long. Bit of a joke if they stopped new competitors playing just because a guy who once was a top player keeps getting seeded despite doing nothing every year.

Delighted for Cristo Reyes. Surprised with how well he played. Rode his luck big time after throwing away that 2-0 lead against Newton. The crowd and the commentators wanted Newton to do the business so for Reyes to cause the upset was made even better by that.

Possibly but surely that would only last so long. Bit of a joke if they stopped new competitors playing just because a guy who once was a top player keeps getting seeded despite doing nothing every year.

Got in at 31. Rankings are done on tournament winnings over the last 2 years.

Lots of sports do something similar though, in terms of former champions.

Got in at 31. Rankings are done on tournament winnings over the last 2 years.

Lots of sports do something similar though, in terms of former champions.

It wouldn't surprise me. Thank god it doesn't happen in football though. Imagine say, Inter for example getting into the Champions League every season because they won it in 2010.

Good match here with Anderson and Reyes, fancy Anderson to win though he's been outstanding this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maroon Sailor

Taylor having his work cut out here

Huybrechts 2 sets to 1 up

Taylor giving him the up and down look at Huybrechts jumping / fist pumping celebration

Maroon Sailor

Phil Taylor's an absolute throbber. I'm not certain I could hate him more.

Never been a fan myself - a bit smarmy for my liking

Maroon Sailor

2-0 Taylor in the final set - Huybrechts was on the brink of victory at 3-2 and 2-2 in legs

Best night of darts so far this year

Maroon Sailor

All over - Taylor takes it 4-3

He was under the cosh for long periods in this match but comes through

Destruction Derby

Just turned it over after watching the Chelsea game. Both should be good matches, can see Van Gerwen winning by at least 2 sets and think Wright might sneak the other

Archived