Official JKB Tournament DARTS megathread

:shitwine:

Destruction Derby

Thank Christ.1st win of the Premier League, Had a bet every week and eventually got a winner Lewis, Anderson, Taylor and Van Gerwen Accumulator. Just under ?45 for a ?5 accumulator

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_razors_edge

Tonight's bet

Lewis

Anderson

Thornton +2.5

Wright +2.5

Cheeky wee bet up. Paid 15/1

The_razors_edge

Nice

Makes a pleasant change. Normally can't tip the proverbial off a shiny shovel

So..... finals night. Thoughts?

I'm going for an MVG v Barney final with MVG winning it.

I'm hoping that Anderson plays at his best and takes it though.

Hate to say it but despite playing well and probably should have won, Anderson's bottle crashes again at the crucial point and he loses 8-7 :(

Why isn't Barney throwing first when he finished above Taylor in the table??

I think they "bull up" before going on stage.

:shitwine:

They hype these Barney v Taylor matches, and they're usually shite.

Taylor always wipes the floor with him - the most one sided rivalry since Hearts v Hibs.

They hype these Barney v Taylor matches, and they're usually shite.

Taylor always wipes the floor with him - the most one sided rivalry since Hearts v Hibs.

:rofl:

Tommy Wiseau

Took RVB on a +2.5 leg handicap, very pleasing. Profits on MVG to have more 180s in the final.

I like this Rodriguez lad - kid's got spunk.

20 and 21 year olds should be playing in the proper darts tournaments, youth should be under 18.

rossthejambo

Not to try and jinx him, but I'd really like it if Barney won.

I'm going 10-5 or 6 to MVG.

Edit: Sorry that should be 10-4 or 5.

3-1 to RVB, looking good :facepalm:

Took RVB on a +2.5 leg handicap, very pleasing.

Odds on that must have been huge with Taylor throwing first and Barney at 12/5 just to win.

Tommy Wiseau

Odds on that must have been huge with Taylor throwing first and Barney at 12/5 just to win.

4/5 - it was a plus handicap unfortunately. Between that and the bet on Van Gerwen to have more 180s than Barney, I was up ?40.

• 2 weeks later...

World Cup starts on Friday, honestly can't wait. Robert Thornton and Peter Wright representing the Scots and we play Russia first followed by the winner of Sweden and Gibraltar.

Can't see past the Dutch although if Wright is on his game in terms of scoring and Thornton is consistent with his finishing then I can't help but feel we could go far. Judging by the first 2 matches we should make the semis with ease and hopefully Holland and England meet in the semis so we could even have a crack at the final.

20 and 21 year olds should be playing in the proper darts tournaments, youth should be under 18.

A lot of the lads that age aren't quite good enough to compete with any of the pros. we see that often at the world championships.

Every now and again we get the next best thing who's winning minor tournaments at 18-19 and playing in the world championships but it takes a few years for them usually to make an impact in the majors, especially the world championships.

Unless you're Jelle Klassen, then you get branded with massive potential and go on to achieve next to nothing. But even then he's still young for a darts player. I guess darts is just one of these sports that you could play until whatever age you want really so there's no need for youth to really push themselves to burst on the scene like football for example.

I see the World Cup started today, Scotland up against Russia tonight.

Wright and Thornton, anybody know why Anderson isn't in the team? Is he lower ranked than Thornton?

I see the World Cup started today, Scotland up against Russia tonight.

Wright and Thornton, anybody know why Anderson isn't in the team? Is he lower ranked than Thornton?

Felt sorry for Anderson being overlooked but I think Thornton has just been a bit more consistent with performances in the majors.

I said Scotland would stroll to the semis and still firmly believe that'll be the case.

Quarter finals start shortly:

England vs South Africa

Scotland vs Northern Ireland

Netherlands vs Belgium

Wales vs Australia

Scotland plays the winner of Netherlands and Belgium in the semis.

Sooperstar

England v Australia semi goes to the double.

Nicholson had a pop at Lewis after their match, which we won.

Sooperstar

So England v Netherlands final.

MvG v Taylor

RvB v Lewis

It's a round robin, 4 singles games.

It's a round robin, 4 singles games.

Ah right. Missed that and just assumed it was the same format.

MvG stuffs Taylor 4-0.

Tillicoultry Hearts

Hopefully Top Darts Pro Exhibition in Aid of FOH Late Jan 2015 More Details will Follow

• 1 month later...

Stunning from Gary Anderson tonight. Has to be in with a chance of winning this major.

Anyone know of a place I could buy Hearts flights? My Union Flag ones have stopped annoying my Celtic supporting boss now so I need to change them.

Destruction Derby
Anyone know of a place I could buy Hearts flights? My Union Flag ones have stopped annoying my Celtic supporting boss now so I need to change them.

Hearts shop has them. ?1.49

Chris Benoit

:lol:

• 2 months later...

Grand Prix on just now. Thornton a set up on the ever slow and boring Pipe.

Has to be said, Wayne Mardle really does make it unwatchable at times with his inane wittering on and contradicting himself from throw to throw.:seething:

Archived