To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

13 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Chris Iwelumo was top scorer in the championship in England for Wolves, who'd go on to get promoted that season, at the time of his caps. He was player of the month in the championship the month after 'that miss'.

Don't let the Kris Boyd loving media get in your head.

Nobody got in my head I'm afraid. I watched Iwelumo a number of times playing down south and he was largely pish. A purple patch at Wolves and a POTM doesn't change that. He was the top scorer in the Championship by October.  A big awkward journeyman striker who had something like 20 clubs and goalscoring record was mostly poor. You're not going to convince me he was a good player.

Edited by Chimp

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Their latest podcasts this week are well worth a listen if you fancy a laugh.

rebuild

foleys millions

Monty in 

Monty out

If These black knights don’t pony up £20million in the summer there’s going to be some really upset Hibees 😂😂

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Their latest podcasts this week are well worth a listen if you fancy a laugh.

The Hibs supporters on Hibees Bounce forum are calling the scruffy sycophant Matty all the arseholes in the world just now :lol: 

33 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

rebuild

foleys millions

Monty in 

Monty out

If These black knights don’t pony up £20million in the summer there’s going to be some really upset Hibees 😂😂

Your average Hibby is a simple creature really . He will be angry and upset for a while but once a handful of flash in the pan show ponies turn up on loan , they will be back to the best team in the country once again . Easily distracted with sparkly light until their anger dissipates 

Vlad Magic

Will they “persevere” with Monty?

Will they “persevere” with loan signings?

Will they “persevere” with being bottom 6?

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Nobody got in my head I'm afraid. I watched Iwelumo a number of times playing down south and he was largely pish. A purple patch at Wolves and a POTM doesn't change that. He was the top scorer in the Championship by October.  A big awkward journeyman striker who had something like 20 clubs and goalscoring record was mostly poor. You're not going to convince me he was a good player.

Iwelumo 😂😂😂

He has to be one of the worst strikers I've ever seen in a Scotland jersey. And not just because he missed that sitter, but because he was just an awful, awful footballer. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Iwelumo 😂😂😂

He has to be one of the worst strikers I've ever seen in a Scotland jersey. And not just because he missed that sitter, but because he was just an awful, awful footballer. 

Yep! Can't believe I'm having to justify how I've not been influenced by others about how he was a poor player. This isn't about 1 sitter, the guy was a complete huddy 😬

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yep! Can't believe I'm having to justify how I've not been influenced by others about how he was a poor player. This isn't about 1 sitter, the guy was a complete huddy 😬

He was absolutely hoaching. 

WageThief
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

The Hibs supporters on Hibees Bounce forum are calling the scruffy sycophant Matty all the arseholes in the world just now :lol: 

Im pretty sure Hibs.net will start a poll on Matty (stay or go) as they have on almost everything else 🤣

Just now, WageThief said:

Im pretty sure Hibs.net will start a poll on Matty (stay or go) as they have on almost everything else 🤣

:lol: 

From what I can ascertain , Bounce is a sort of postmortem room drain where all the effluent that does not toe the Hibs net party line end up . Scruffy Mat used to be a net admin and now presents a podcast where they suck up the arse of the basket case club they all support . He advertises his sycophant show on Bounce and Net , but the flushed ones from Bounce rightly call him out for the slithery sycophant that he is 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

rebuild

foleys millions

Monty in 

Monty out

In talking about the hiring and firing of managers, an interview with Naismith in today's EEN (here) includes this gem:

“Then the appointment becomes a good appointment. It's the ones who are trigger happy and have three, four, five managers relatively quickly, you are never getting off stage one. You aren't getting that foundation to be built and to build upon. "

I wonder if he had anywhere in mind?

WageThief
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

:lol: 

From what I can ascertain , Bounce is a sort of postmortem room drain where all the effluent that does not toe the Hibs net party line end up . Scruffy Mat used to be a net admin and now presents a podcast where they suck up the arse of the basket case club they all support . He advertises his sycophant show on Bounce and Net , but the flushed ones from Bounce rightly call him out for the slithery sycophant that he is 

I listen to more than I should and think they are fair in general.  I laugh at their positivity after a victory, as if they don’t need to sign a centre half or half decent midfielder.  But they are really hoping I think, like we did with Mulraney etc. 

3 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I listen to more than I should and think they are fair in general.  I laugh at their positivity after a victory, as if they don’t need to sign a centre half or half decent midfielder.  But they are really hoping I think, like we did with Mulraney etc. 

Bit we agree on the effluent bit , right 

Class of 75

What makes me laugh is Tam McManus in his column complaining that the current position for Hibs is not good enough for a club their size. The penny must be finally dropping that they are not a club of size and that they are finding their true position as one in the bottom six, no bigger than the likes of Motherwell and Ross County. Hopefully they may even end up in the play off place. Forever in our shadow. 

WageThief
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Bit we agree on the effluent bit , right 

now that I’ve looked it up, yes 🙂

ShedBoy
30 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

In talking about the hiring and firing of managers, an interview with Naismith in today's EEN (here) includes this gem:

“Then the appointment becomes a good appointment. It's the ones who are trigger happy and have three, four, five managers relatively quickly, you are never getting off stage one. You aren't getting that foundation to be built and to build upon. "

I wonder if he had anywhere in mind?

We’re doing alright considering our manager has ‘nae badges and we don’t own our training centre eh? 🤣

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Huddy or not he deserved the call up at the time.

See I'm not entirely sure he did deserve a call-up when you consider we had the likes of Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, James McFadden, Steven Naismith, Ross McCormack, Steven Fletcher, Garry O'Connor in the squad and guys like Derek Riordan, Kevin Kyle, David Goodwillie, Lee Miller and even a teenage Leigh Griffiths knocking on the door at the time. 

Edited by Batistuta87

15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

See I'm not entirely sure he did deserve a call-up when you consider we had the likes of Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, James McFadden, Steven Naismith, Ross McCormack, Steven Fletcher, Garry O'Connor in the squad and guys like Derek Riordan, Kevin Kyle, David Goodwillie, Lee Miller and even a teenage Leigh Griffiths knocking on the door at the time. 

Inclined to agree , he was selected because of a purple patch in a decent league , over better players in less fashionable ones 

1971fozzy
4 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Is it on spotify? 

yes 

down the slope

And

Longbangers 

🤣🤣

RustyRightPeg
43 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Prime Stephen Fletcher in this current Scotland team would be the perfect fit.

44 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree.

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Prime Stephen Fletcher in this current Scotland team would be the perfect fit.

Him and Shankland would do the damage wouldn't they. 

DalryJambo
2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

What makes me laugh is Tam McManus in his column complaining that the current position for Hibs is not good enough for a club their size. The penny must be finally dropping that they are not a club of size and that they are finding their true position as one in the bottom six, no bigger than the likes of Motherwell and Ross County. Hopefully they may even end up in the play off place. Forever in our shadow. 

Surely even the most biased hearts fan must agree hibs are, at worst, the 5th biggest club in Scotland? Rangers/Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen and then Hibs. There's a big jump in attendance and income after that. 

I'd agree they are performance-wise falling back into the pack, but that just makes it all the more hilarious. The more money they have and waste the better it gets.

Let's not forget however, that our performances weren't too dissimilar to their's just a few seasons ago. Maybe the building blocks we have put in place might have started to genuinely allow us to start edging away from the rest, allowing us to make 3rd our own for years to come, but it never seems to take much for clubs like ours to fall away again. If we lost Naismith, Savage and benefactor funding, things could change quite quickly.

Edited by DalryJambo

Cameronstheman
7 hours ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

In Pat Nevin's defence, he normally talks a lot of sense and was a very good footballer and is a very intelligent guy. Three points you can't make about wee Tam.

I don't mind Pat Nevin either, but he made it clear to anyone who would listen is that the reason  he jumped from supporting celtic all his days, to hibs, as they were highly  entertaining and played football the proper way !!!

Well that was 20yr ago or so and i like many aint ever seen that style of play and I don't think Pat has if he's being truthful 

Nookie Bear
19 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Chris Iwelumo was top scorer in the championship in England for Wolves, who'd go on to get promoted that season, at the time of his caps. He was player of the month in the championship the month after 'that miss'.

Don't let the Kris Boyd loving media get in your head.

Iwelumo? 1 goal in 5?

Boyd is twice the striker he was.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Cameronstheman said:

I don't mind Pat Nevin either, but he made it clear to anyone who would listen is that the reason  he jumped from supporting celtic all his days, to hibs, as they were highly  entertaining and played football the proper way !!!

Well that was 20yr ago or so and i like many aint ever seen that style of play and I don't think Pat has if he's being truthful 

Was it not more to do with celtic's vile sectarian attitudes?

Herbert.
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

yes 

down the slope

And

Longbangers 

🤣🤣

I'll give them a listen tonight at work. I hope theres lots and lots of delusion.

Cameronstheman
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Was it not more to do with celtic's vile sectarian attitudes?

I dare say that had something to do with it, but my standing memories were that he just loved there style of play and how entertaining  it was .The fact is, that was bull shit from the off and still now 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

I dare say that had something to do with it, but my standing memories were that he just loved there style of play and how entertaining  it was .The fact is, that was bull shit from the off and still now 

Here we go, Interesting wee fact further down If thats true?

https://www.balls.ie/football/related-footballers-415640

E30D43A5-3D13-4606-8DB8-81A6FFAA69CC.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King
Link

I know this thread is largely laughing at Hibs, but on the manager question, you'd think Lennon would be the easy solution. IIRC it was Dempster he fell out with, and every guy since has been a disaster for them. They backed Johnson and Montgomery has inherited a decent enough squad - solid attacking talent, but a weak defence. There was more than enough to work with there to have achieved top 6, especially with the arse falling out of Aberdeen this season. 

I think they're almost obligated to stick with him though as they'll fast be developing a reputation as a team that doesn't give managers time. Which, at this level is one of the few selling points to promising managers. 

Bazzas right boot

Are folk really listening to hibs podcasts?

Tell me, no.

1874robbo
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Are folk really listening to hibs podcasts?

Tell me, no.

I agree with you there!!!

but remember you actually wanted them to win a cup final!! That’s worse in my book.

Mr Sifter

When I think of Pat Nevin, I think of the CIS semi at Hampden v Rangers (Barry Ferguson basketball game 🙄). Nevin was on telly duties. Cue the halftime chat between him and John Collins, which was taking place in a temporary studio situated in the Hearts end. Was it right that many of us got on each others shoulders so we could bang on the window and shout obscenities at Nevin and Collins? No for me to say…but Nevin was ****ing raging 🤣🤣

Watched it back on TV and to be fair Collins smirked his way through it all, whilst Nevin started his half time analysis by having a dig at Rock Steady Security for their lack of protection 🤣🤣🤣

Still haven’t decided to this day whether Nevin is a good guy who can sometimes be a dick…or a dick who can sometimes be a good guy 🤔

Cameronstheman

Nevin  was contumely  salivating over hibs and there style of entertaining play, It just didny exist 

This was also a  time when the Hearts fans were shouting Hoof every time they launched it from defence , which was a lot Sure this might have been the Makalamby game at Tynie  

And singing ''its just like watching Brazil'' 

Neven tbf has shut his trap about the Hobo's flair in recent times , as he knows its shite

db211833
39 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Nevin  was contumely  salivating over hibs and there style of entertaining play, It just didny exist 

This was also a  time when the Hearts fans were shouting Hoof every time they launched it from defence , which was a lot Sure this might have been the Makalamby game at Tynie  

And singing ''its just like watching Brazil'' 

Neven tbf has shut his trap about the Hobo's flair in recent times , as he knows its shite

Agreed, he is completely blinkered when it come to them. I will never forget his face on sportscene back in 2012, was fantastic. 

Recruitment involving Bournemouth and big whoops they have a semi successful Ice Hockey team.

Hopefully they bring in the experience they have from Lorient that’s went well. 

This is looking even worse for hibs popcorn time.

IMG_0654.png

Edited by Rods

26 minutes ago, Rods said:

Recruitment involving Bournemouth and big whoops they have a semi successful Ice Hockey team.

IMG_0654.png

Easter road doesn’t strike me as a knowledge rich environment. 

13 hours ago, db211833 said:

Agreed, he is completely blinkered when it come to them. I will never forget his face on sportscene back in 2012, was fantastic. 

Was it not Nevin who said pre match that our style of play at set pieces was “ organised chaos “ :lol: 

CostaJambo
11 hours ago, Rods said:

IMG_0654.png

"Implementation of a full knowledge-sharing protocol between Hibs and the clubs in Foley's stable". You can imagine if wee Lee was still there.... "Hiya Bournemouth, hiya lads. I've got this app I made myself, it's brilliant, have a look. Err, OK Lee, we'll get to that a bit later if there's time, eh?".

Knowledge sharing protocols ……… so scout reports then ? That will fix the problems they have . Could they not have done this in January when they were desperate for defenders and signed one who was injured and another that was worse than what they already had so got shoe horned in to midfield ? Or would that have taken up the wages that they needed to bring in the show ponies :lol: 

Deevers
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Knowledge sharing protocols ……… so scout reports then ? That will fix the problems they have . Could they not have done this in January when they were desperate for defenders and signed one who was injured and another that was worse than what they already had so got shoe horned in to midfield ? Or would that have taken up the wages that they needed to bring in the show ponies :lol: 

A mixture of Bournemouth players who haven’t made the grade and they want some of the wages off the payroll or young players who they want to test in a competitive environment. No matter what, the instructions from the top will be that these loans MUST be played no matter what.  I know that the rabid idiots down there are getting into a froth about the “investment”. The more savvy have worked out what the consequences of all of this really means for the Hibs and are more than cautious.  Next season may well be a disaster for them, no matter what.

Batistuta87
12 hours ago, Rods said:

IMG_0654.png

Maybe Hibs should have a go at ice hockey? They're certainly nae good at football... 

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

A mixture of Bournemouth players who haven’t made the grade and they want some of the wages off the payroll or young players who they want to test in a competitive environment. No matter what, the instructions from the top will be that these loans MUST be played no matter what.  I know that the rabid idiots down there are getting into a froth about the “investment”. The more savvy have worked out what the consequences of all of this really means for the Hibs and are more than cautious.  Next season may well be a disaster for them, no matter what.

Had to laugh at the “ Hibs will have the final veto “ bit ………… lets just see what that looks like in reality shall we :D 

Turkishcap
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Maybe Hibs should have a go at ice hockey? They're certainly nae good at football... 

The Edinburgh Capitals would skud them.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

The Edinburgh Capitals would skud them.

Scotland's third force etc 🤣

Turkishcap

The amount of silverwear at the rink Im surprised they aint built an extension.