To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

37 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Well, he's got someone's hair!

:lol:

6 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Age Paul Hanlon will be before he stops being their best centre half ?

:lol:

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cameronstheman
37 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Well, he's got someone's hair!

''He's only got some hair

He's only got some hair

Some hair''

martoon

Everytime I see Boyle I start humming that 1950's Davy Crocket feem toon.

I'm bald, btw, so can slag other baldies and those who refuse to accept it. 

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Correct

You even see some of them use hirsute avators - who are they kidding!

1 hour ago, One five said:

1+5 = 6 it’s a hibs way.

Must be difficult learning down there when the school math problems go:

Q: For Christmas little Garry O’Jos gets £1 from his mum, aunt and sister. How much does he have altogether?

A: £1

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Always this magical sum of six million though eh ?

Gordon investment - six million

Gordon kids debts - six million

Foley cash injection - six million

No. Sometimes it's £10M.

All they need do is flog Rocky and they'll be sorted.

In fact, his price must've gone stratospheric after his unique self nut-meg and that amazing downwards header leading to Shankland's late winner. There cannae be many players with such talent.

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

No. Sometimes it's £10M.

In fact, his price must've gone stratospheric after his unique self nut-meg and that amazing downwards header leading to Shankland's late winner. There cannae be many players with such talent.

Delusional wanks . Heard one of them discussing the potential sale of Youan for two million . Wired to the ****ing moon these people 

6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

No. Sometimes it's £10M.

Not to mention his ability to get signed by mistake when teams don’t actually want him. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Delusional wanks . Heard one of them discussing the potential sale of Youan for two million . Wired to the ****ing moon these people 

I reckon he will go for a bit cash, £1.5-£2m

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Not to mention his ability to get signed by mistake when teams don’t actually want him. 

And to play in games when he is not properly registered 

Cameronstheman

Was he the player they  tried to get rid of, realised he had a contract and told all who would listen he was a new signing  ?? ..If true, that's brilliant, even for hibs 

Wee Mikey
5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

I forgot about that.

It's kinda like being the last kid to get picked during playtime.

ShedBoy
1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

In hindsight, our demotion wasn’t as bad as it seemed although at the time it felt like it. It was disgusting how the other clubs voted against us.  Calling the league with 12 to play yet making sure the SC cup semi (hahaha get it up you hibs scum) and final were played to a conclusion enabling Timothy to get another treble. Not to mention we were also barred from training as we were championship class. This will never be forgotten just like 19/5/12

Our demotion gave us a chance to reset, rethink, regroup and it galvanised our support.  We stood alone albeit with Patrick and Stranraer. Foundation subs went up, monthly income grew and we got rid of all the deadwood in our ranks including the management and certain players who were done at least two seasons prior. 

Had we not went down then we certainly wouldn’t have had Naisy as our manager and I doubt we would had had Europe 3 seasons on the bounce. 

The old saying of ‘He who laughs last laughs  longest.’  springs to mind. Since our demotion we’ve only went from strength to strength. We even seen last seasons 4th place as a failure yet the wee team couldn’t even make top 6 this season. 

Then we lent Zlamal to St Mirren.

That really really pissed me off

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why ? Who is going to pay that for him ? I would be absolutely astonished if he went for that sort of money . No way he is worth that his decision making is absolutely horrible 

martoon
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Correct

You even see some of them use hirsute avators - who are they kidding!

Aye, very good scott. 😄

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Me too.  Hair started to recede in my mid to late 20's.  All my uncles from both sides of the family were bald.  Spent a bit of time combing hair forward to try and disguise the fact it was receding, then finally thought **** it, and went for the number 1 all over.  Took me back to my childhood days as a skinheed. 

37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why ? Who is going to pay that for him ? I would be absolutely astonished if he went for that sort of money . No way he is worth that his decision making is absolutely horrible 

I reckon Naismith could turn him into a player, but not for 2 million quid.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Worlds a big place, I reckon he'll leave in the summer and they'll get a bit cash from him.

SMJ_1874
2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Then we lent Zlamal to St Mirren.

That really really pissed me off

Yeh there’s that as well but when he won a cup medal against the wee team that was acceptable.

SMJ_1874
3 hours ago, GMEdinburgh said:

It  was the mannerism it was done that still irks me..

Yes I totally get that and the Dundee email won’t be forgotten either. Another club I despise but we’ve emerged stronger.

Imagine still having Daniel Stendal here. He wanted a whole new squad which we couldn’t afford. His relegation clause meant we could say goodbye when we were demoted. I felt bad for him in which the way it was handled and ultimately ended but look where we are now compared to the sheep and the wee team, who voted themselves down a place to see us demoted. I’m sure we’ve used the fact that the 11 clubs closed ranks on us. We should use it as fire in our bellies to crush every team in the park that stands before us…..starting again this Sunday. We are winning this semi final.  FTR 

martoon
4 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Yes I totally get that and the Dundee email won’t be forgotten either. Another club I despise but we’ve emerged stronger.

Imagine still having Daniel Stendal here. He wanted a whole new squad which we couldn’t afford. His relegation clause meant we could say goodbye when we were demoted. I felt bad for him in which the way it was handled and ultimately ended but look where we are now compared to the sheep and the wee team, who voted themselves down a place to see us demoted. I’m sure we’ve used the fact that the 11 clubs closed ranks on us. We should use it as fire in our bellies to crush every team in the park that stands before us…..starting again this Sunday. We are winning this semi final.  FTR 

Great post, bud.

martoon

That hairpiece, or whatever the kids are calling it these days, looks particularly bad on Boyle as his heid is shaped like a canoe.

Egret16NavarroCanoeIMG_0376e.thumb.jpeg.becb350020b9c0b8eb3785dc4d5ce207.jpeg

TheBigO
5 hours ago, Sooks said:

But we have supporters who'd take a million for Cochrane and 3m for Shanks!! Wild

Jamstomorrow
3 hours ago, martoon said:

That hairpiece, or whatever the kids are calling it these days, looks particularly bad on Boyle as his heid is shaped like a canoe.

Egret16NavarroCanoeIMG_0376e.thumb.jpeg.becb350020b9c0b8eb3785dc4d5ce207.jpeg

Very H1b5esque picture.  Creek, no paddle!

superjack
6 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I reckon Naismith could turn him into a player, but not for 2 million quid.

I actually said this very thing to a mate yesterday, that a decent manager could turn him into a half decent player.

If carlsberg did rivals...
7 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

Was he the player they  tried to get rid of, realised he had a contract and told all who would listen he was a new signing  ?? ..If true, that's brilliant, even for hibs 

I think what happened was he was on loan from Norwich, part of the deal being if he played X amount of games, Hibs were then obliged to keep him. He played X amount of games and Hibs took to twitter to thank him and announce he was returning to Norwich! Norwich quickly replied that he wasn't, Hibs then put out a new post announcing their new signing. You really couldn't make it up 😂😂

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

But we have supporters who'd take a million for Cochrane and 3m for Shanks!! Wild

I know . It is such a weird thing about some Hearts supporters 

1971fozzy
8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

surely to god nobody’s going to be paying that lol.  

Edited by 1971fozzy

10 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

In hindsight, our demotion wasn’t as bad as it seemed although at the time it felt like it. It was disgusting how the other clubs voted against us.  Calling the league with 12 to play yet making sure the SC cup semi (hahaha get it up you hibs scum) and final were played to a conclusion enabling Timothy to get another treble. Not to mention we were also barred from training as we were championship class. This will never be forgotten just like 19/5/12

Our demotion gave us a chance to reset, rethink, regroup and it galvanised our support.  We stood alone albeit with Patrick and Stranraer. Foundation subs went up, monthly income grew and we got rid of all the deadwood in our ranks including the management and certain players who were done at least two seasons prior. 

Had we not went down then we certainly wouldn’t have had Naisy as our manager and I doubt we would had had Europe 3 seasons on the bounce. 

The old saying of ‘He who laughs last laughs  longest.’  springs to mind. Since our demotion we’ve only went from strength to strength. We even seen last seasons 4th place as a failure yet the wee team couldn’t even make top 6 this season. 

Fantastic post, but they were only 20 seconds from jubilation.

Sherbet
12 minutes ago, sac said:

But their jubilation was misplaced.  They still had to wait and hope Rangers  beat dundee

Gorgierools
3 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

But their jubilation was misplaced.  They still had to wait and hope Rangers  beat dundee

Sorrow,sorrow😂😂😂

10 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

Age Paul Hanlon will be before he stops being their best centre half ?

Hanlon has got to be one of the most average players Hibs have ever had. Long term anyway. Not one ounce of interest ever shown in him in his entire career says it all. Was part of countless failing Hibs sides and woeful defences yet somehow survived each season and given another chance by each manager. How that guy managed to sneak a Scotland cap will forever be a mystery to me, although the likes of pish like Graeme Murty, Garry Kenneth and Chris Iwelumo have had caps so I suppose it happens now and again.

gordon simpson
10 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

No. Sometimes it's £10M.

love the way all the the reporters  piss themselves at the same time when wee lee comes out with that statement  

leipzig76
56 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Hanlon has got to be one of the most average players Hibs have ever had. Long term anyway. Not one ounce of interest ever shown in him in his entire career says it all. Was part of countless failing Hibs sides and woeful defences yet somehow survived each season and given another chance by each manager. How that guy managed to sneak a Scotland cap will forever be a mystery to me, although the likes of pish like Graeme Murty, Garry Kenneth and Chris Iwelumo have had caps so I suppose it happens now and again.

I seem to remember we were supposed to be interested in Gary Kenneth or is it my failing memory ?

Just now, leipzig76 said:

I seem to remember we were supposed to be interested in Gary Kenneth or is it my failing memory ?

Don't recall that but if we were then I'm glad nothing came of it. Dreadful player.

leipzig76
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Don't recall that but if we were then I'm glad nothing came of it. Dreadful player.

Yep truly awful. Thanks chimp.

Mikey1874
11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

No. Sometimes it's £10M.

Used his aura well here

Gundermann
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

"Low flying rivals".   😄

Victorian

I hope Hibs do get a good few million to spend on players.  They'll do **** all with it.  Players you pay substantial fees for tend to come with 3 or 4 year contracts on good wages.  They'll store up no end of trouble for themselves.

Prediction time.  Hibs getting the sugar rush of some decent transfer cash will be yet another Hibsing.  

Jambo61

Ex-Hibernian striker Tam McManus says more fingers should be "pointed in the direction of the boardroom" after another "totally unacceptable" season.....they are at the right club if looking for extra digits on their fans!

SMJ_1874
2 hours ago, sac said:

That shows the difference in mindset and mentality from a small minded club. We were distraught at getting 4th last season yet a no mark club was 20 seconds away from jubilation with a top 6 spot. 

It’s what we’ve come to expect from a team that would vote themselves down a spot and at the detriment of the financial implications involved. Their deluded owner, god rest his soul, thought by doing so would entice some of the Gorgie support over to the ranks of the fabled Leith Brazil 😳

Never change hibs. Your comedic value has given thousands of us many wonderful moments of laughter and glee. 

Jambo in Bathgate
41 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

That shows the difference in mindset and mentality from a small minded club. We were distraught at getting 4th last season yet a no mark club was 20 seconds away from jubilation with a top 6 spot. 

It’s what we’ve come to expect from a team that would vote themselves down a spot and at the detriment of the financial implications involved. Their deluded owner, god rest his soul, thought by doing so would entice some of the Gorgie support over to the ranks of the fabled Leith Brazil 😳

Never change hibs. Your comedic value has given thousands of us many wonderful moments of laughter and glee. 

Gordon has never read the book ‘Football Tribe’ by Desmond Morris. That would have told him his plan was doomed to failure. Imagine going to the darkside! 

6 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

A bitter, twisted, but somehow still a fantastic read:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nick-montgomery-hibs-players-ran-32592412?int_source=nba

Even the 4-4 game gets a mention! We have broken our neighbours well and truly 😂😂

You can always tell the Celtic fans who pretend to be Hibs fans from the extra sprinkling of bitterness . It oozes out of McManus like pus from an infected genital abscess 

Jambo in Bathgate
13 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

A bitter, twisted, but somehow still a fantastic read:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nick-montgomery-hibs-players-ran-32592412?int_source=nba

Even the 4-4 game gets a mention! We have broken our neighbours well and truly 😂😂

No one sane will touch that job! The new regime will thrust players on them and tell them who to pick. The Gordon’s want out. They are doing this by Stealth. Foley can’t take over Hibs as the SFA won’t allow dual ownership at present. They have become a shop window for Bournemouth and stooges for financial fair play in England. 

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Legend 

20240416_095455.jpg

Backfired spectacularly.

They never ever learn do they?

:gok:

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Legend 

20240416_095455.jpg

That post will be the stuff of legend, absolutely incredible how thick those muppets are.