To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

Dallas Green
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs and Aberdeen fans on social media just now are giving great entertainment.

Just seen Hibs fans celebrating apparently signing Beck from Liverpool. Missing the slight problem that he can't. 

Haha idiots 

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stuart500
1 hour ago, db211833 said:

There's a thread on .net right now titled "Enjoy him while he is here"....... about Will Fish. Surely a wind up?

Somebody said they should push the boat out for him 😂

6 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Their nickname for Boyle honestly makes me feel sick whenever I see it written down. 

"Boyler" :rat:

I know me too . Honestly not even sure why 

1971fozzy
3 hours ago, db211833 said:

There's a thread on .net right now titled "Enjoy him while he is here"....... about Will Fish. Surely a wind up?

someone on here has to own up. Classic 🤣🤣

Puns to one side ....................................... Imagine having an " enjoy him while you can " thread about a player as hilariously shit as Bill Fish :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Puns to one side ....................................... Imagine having an " enjoy him while you can " thread about a player as hilariously shit as Bill Fish :lol: 

You're forgetting they’ve been watching Paul Hanlon for the last 27 seasons!

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

You're forgetting they’ve been watching Paul Hanlon for the last 27 seasons!

Surprised he is not CEO by now

4 hours ago, db211833 said:

I've certain been enjoying his performances over the last 18 months.

1971fozzy

Now they’re apparently signing players on £15-20k a week 🤣🤣.

next season they are going to be world beaters. One of the clowns doesn’t even think getting into Europe doesn’t matter as they are getting all these superstars and tens of millions coming in. Even started a thread about it.

whats the phrase ? The harder they fall 👍🤣

That lot Idolising Will Fish is like us idolising Leonard Sowah when he was here.

manaliveits105

Surely Will has taken over from Lillian Gish now 

Oh ffs that was absolutely Will Fish !

12 hours ago, db211833 said:

I intend to. Presumably he’s speaking to his agent about getting relocated a safe distance away from Cammy Devlin?

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs and Aberdeen fans on social media just now are giving great entertainment.

Just seen Hibs fans celebrating apparently signing Beck from Liverpool. Missing the slight problem that he can't. 

Damn. Beck joining the losers would be 👌

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, CMc said:

Damn. Beck joining the losers would be 👌

Why, good player? 🤔

21 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Why, good player? 🤔

Becks pop hit from the late nineties

Jamhammer

I just saw the Killie sending off from Saturday on Sportscene

WTAF? It was barely a foul!!!

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

An absolute classic this thread 🤣.  A song about a loan signing they have for 4 months and a player we have signed permanently that arrives after their loan signing leaves. They are thick as fekin mince. To be fair a few do point this out 

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365300-You-sign-Dhanda-we-sign-Emiliano&p=7566182#post7566182

Noticed that the OP of the 'new song' crap has a name of 'PortoHSC'.  Quite appropriate seeing as he's obviously thick as pigshit.

Edited by Heartsofgold
spelling

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
16 hours ago, db211833 said:

Surely not 😂😂😂

25 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

An absolute classic this thread 🤣.  A song about a loan signing they have for 4 months and a player we have signed permanently that arrives after their loan signing leaves. They are thick as fekin mince. To be fair a few do point this out 

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365300-You-sign-Dhanda-we-sign-Emiliano&p=7566182#post7566182

Marcondes has played a matter of minutes and most probably hadn't heard of him until they signed him yet they've decided already he's a world beater. We bring in Dhanda and apparently that's mock-worthy. A guy who's been a standout for County since he signed and one of the best midfielders in the league outside the OF. Bitter bunch that they are 🙂

RustyRightPeg
31 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Looks like the majority have shot it down. Fairly sensible replies for a change lol

highlandjambo3
45 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Got to this part then bailed out:

“Hopefully come summer we’ve a better squad than Hearts and we enjoy that by beating them whenever we play them.”

Delusional is not an adequate word for that mob.

Can't see the upside to this deal with Foley.  If, for instance, they get 4/5 loans from Bournemouth, can't see there being enough quality in the rest of their squad to make any money.  I am assuming the £6 million is a one off payment.

AlimOzturk
5 minutes ago, RENE said:

Can't see the upside to this deal with Foley.  If, for instance, they get 4/5 loans from Bournemouth, can't see there being enough quality in the rest of their squad to make any money.  I am assuming the £6 million is a one off payment.

Foley certainly ain’t pitching in 6million every year. 

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, RENE said:

Mainly to upgrade their training facilities.

Maybe more from covering wages and loan fees though might be why not approved by SFA yet. 

luckyBatistuta

Never go over to that, even though it’s priceless reading most of the time, but…this post is beyond mental. He’s not convinced Dhanda is any better than who they have, or would improve them.

Take it away Aldothejokes….

IMG_6856.jpeg

Thanks for the link @1971fozzy

Edited by luckyBatistuta

56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Foley certainly ain’t pitching in 6million every year. 

The reality of the situation will slowly dawn on them as time passes . Same as it eventually did after their initial sticky pants when Gordon bought them . It is quite amusing watching them slowly comprehending what this is 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The reality of the situation will slowly dawn on them as time passes . Same as it eventually did after their initial sticky pants when Gordon bought them . It is quite amusing watching them slowly comprehending what this is 

It never dawned on them when Duff and Gray got them to line their pockets with the share issue, before going cap in hand to Wallace Mercer.

Hopefully they go the way of the Huns. *

* Apologies in advance to the huns on here that get offended by the term hun.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, RENE said:

Tried having a serious conversation with a Hibs mate about this. I pointed out that they'll never be able to build a settled, good quality squad because anyone who does well will be away for free or for peanuts. He was adamant that Bournemouth would have to pay the going market rate for anyone who comes in and does well.  I don't think many of them are actually grasping the situation.

Relying on loans got them relegated and is no way to build any kind of sustainable success.  It will stifle anything in their academy too. They'd be as well closing it and saving the money if their model is now to develop Bournemouth's players for them.

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Is it to early in proceedings to mention “tick tock”?

Perfect timing for the clock. Now the Foley 'partnership' has been approved by the SFA. 

Quick quiz for any hibs fans reading how many players from hibs youth set up have played in EPL. Can not work out why Bournemouth want a feeder club like Hibs. Also any loan players they get are not going to be any better than we could get. Like Simms for instance and we can get to choose from all EPL clubs instead of just one seems a sad move for a club hibs size. Bournemouth be better of with St mirren least they had mcginn who has turned out well in the EPL

So they have went form EnRon to Foney.

They are ****ing amazing!

Continual gold.

copa-mundial
8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Tried having a serious conversation with a Hibs mate about this. I pointed out that they'll never be able to build a settled, good quality squad because anyone who does well will be away for free or for peanuts. He was adamant that Bournemouth would have to pay the going market rate for anyone who comes in and does well.  I don't think many of them are actually grasping the situation.

Relying on loans got them relegated and is no way to build any kind of sustainable success.  It will stifle anything in their academy too. They'd be as well closing it and saving the money if their model is now to develop Bournemouth's players for them.

I've got Hibs supporting friends too who think very similar. 

One has tried convincing me that they'll be runaway 3rd place next season, If not, challenging they two. 

They believe they're getting £6million upfront. Then £5million a season thereafter. 

One also says it isn't just Foley's money. Supposedly he (Foley) has business partners who are in the top rich list in the USA. 

I just nod and smile. Let them believe their own hype. 

In my lifetime they have been shite, and as far as I'm concerned. They will continue to be shite!

Some some hibs clowns think they are in for Off the Radar wealth hmmm where have we heard that before....

1971fozzy
50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is quite amusing watching them slowly comprehending what this is 

One of my mates told me to listen to one of their podcasts as it was hilariously ridiculous what they were mumbling on about. Starts off all positive then they start to mention the dire consequences of how this could play out (but not quite realising they are).  By the end of it they haven’t got a clue and your right , watching them slowly comprehending what this shit show will turn out like is very pleasing. Theyll end up with about 50 players in a squad that will in no way be manageable. 
tick tock indeed

24 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

One has tried convincing me that they'll be runaway 3rd place next season, If not, challenging they two. 

They believe they're getting £6million upfront. Then £5million a season thereafter. 

One also says it isn't just Foley's money. Supposedly he (Foley) has business partners who are in the top rich list in the USA. 

In my lifetime they have been shite, and as far as I'm concerned. They will continue to be shite!

Someone needs to tell hibs that 6 million doesn't buy you the left boot of a quality right footed player these days. 

That 6 million will be swallowed up by operating costs and wages before they even get a player in the door.

Rangers spent nearly 15 million on attacking players since last summer. The majority of them look to be shite. 

Between signing a player for a transfer fee, the signing on fee, wages. That 6 million will go nowhere. They'll still be hibs and still be shite.

gorgieroar
18 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Someone needs to tell hibs that 6 million doesn't buy you the left boot of a quality right footed player these days. 

That 6 million will be swallowed up by operating costs and wages before they even get a player in the door.

Rangers spent nearly 15 million on attacking players since last summer. The majority of them look to be shite. 

Between signing a player for a transfer fee, the signing on fee, wages. That 6 million will go nowhere. They'll still be hibs and still be shite.

Hibs all about where the player is from more than are they any good also an owner can only have one team play in Europe so its the highest ranked team that get in 

Edited by gorgieroar

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, copa-mundial said:

Don't get me wrong, there will be the occasional upside and positive that comes out of it.  It just won't be sustainable beyond 12-18 months bursts (at best).  It's Bournemouth, not Man City they're relying on.  Bournemouth who have a very realistic chance of being in the Championship next season.

Foley isn't getting any younger either. What's the succession planning for that?

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Plus £6m - even if it was EVERY season - only gets them on a par with our income. And it wouldn't be £6m for free either.

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

One of my mates told me to listen to one of their podcasts as it was hilariously ridiculous what they were mumbling on about. Starts off all positive then they start to mention the dire consequences of how this could play out (but not quite realising they are).  By the end of it they haven’t got a clue and your right , watching them slowly comprehending what this shit show will turn out like is very pleasing. Theyll end up with about 50 players in a squad that will in no way be manageable. 
tick tock indeed

Was it Longbangers ? Love that podcast . The wee wifie “ Matty F “ that hosts it is baws oot screeching everyone down about how great this is going to be …………….. I simply cannot wait for the big maroon wrecking ball of reality to demolish the fragile little cocoon of delusion he has built for himself

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Was it Longbangers ? Love that podcast . The wee wifie “ Matty F “ that hosts it is baws oot screeching everyone down about how great this is going to be …………….. I simply cannot wait for the big maroon wrecking ball of reality to demolish the fragile little cocoon of delusion he has built for himself

yep that’s the one. Utterly clueless idiot. Doesn’t quite seem the full shilling in fairness. Certainly all over the place. Shambles 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

yep that’s the one. Utterly clueless idiot. Doesn’t quite seem the full shilling in fairness. Certainly all over the place. Shambles 

:lol: 

indeed

iantjambo
20 hours ago, Sooks said:

To be fair, this is a group of fans that tried to convince themselves that Rocky Bushiri was a good defender, after they signed him by mistake.

8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

To be fair, this is a group of fans that tried to convince themselves that Rocky Bushiri was a good defender, after they signed him by mistake.

Exactly , a complete liability :lol: 

Australis

Just noticed the wee team have won only 6 games out of 22 league games this season.

Didn't know it was that bad, but they all seem so happy.

It's a puzzler.

46 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

The table mid December. What a run

Screenshot_20240123-231550_BBC Sport.jpg

Incredible run, especially due to the fact that we have, if we are honest, been piss poor during (Celtic aside) this time.  We are developing a winning mentality and that is absolutely ****ing priceless.

From the above to today, this is the form guide:

Hearts P 7 Pts 19 GD 9

Rangers P 6 Pts 15 GD 9

Celtic P 7 Pts 15 GD 7

Kilmarnock P 7 Pts 12 GD 1

Dundee P 6 Pts 8 GD 0

Aberdeen P 6 Pts 8 GD -1

Motherwell P 5 Pts 6 GD 0

St Johnstone P 6 Pts 6 GD -2

St Mirren P 6 Pts 4 GD -4

Livingston P 8 Pts 3 GD -9

Ross Cty P 5 Pts 2 GD -5

Hibs P 5 Pts 2 GD -5

Edited by i8hibsh

indianajones
51 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

The table mid December. What a run

Screenshot_20240123-231550_BBC Sport.jpg

When you see that vs the current table it really is quite staggering how well Naismith has turned us around. Credit where its due. 

Its also staggering to see how poor our 'main' rivals have performed. Killie, Dundee, St. J all doing well too.