Things you've always wondered about but couldn't be bothered to find out

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

8 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Why has my pup started to scuttle along when shiting, makes the poop collection more difficult than it needs to be!

One of my dogs dumps in one pile, while the other often moves about. Dogs have scent glands beside their arseholes. That's what they're sniffing at when they smell each other's butts.  By moving about, they're covering more area with their scent; a sort of territorial thing. I've also heard that moving about just helps with the crapping process, so take your pick.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• redjambo

• FWJ

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Lemongrab said:

One of my dogs dumps in one pile, while the other often moves about. Dogs have scent glands beside their arseholes. That's what they're sniffing at when they smell each other's butts.  By moving about, they're covering more area with their scent; a sort of territorial thing. I've also heard that moving about just helps with the crapping process, so take your pick.

🤢

He's also favouring long grass at the moment. 🙄 :lol: 

Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

🤢

He's also favouring long grass at the moment. 🙄 :lol: 

Aye that favourite too, makes it difficult to pick up. :D 

8 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Assuming that somehow the fires in the World Trade Center twin towers were put out and didn't collapse, would it have been possible to use the buildings again? Would they have just removed the floors above the point of impact, assuming that there wasn't too much structural damage below, and then continued using them? Or would that just have been completely impractical?

I think they would of taken them down and rebuilt even if the impact wasn’t as bad and the fires did go out . It was a horrible and many people would of still lost their life’s . There was attacks before on the towers before 9/11 but with what happened on 9/11 I think they would of taking them down.

I have a friend who can write simultaneously with both hands. But there's more to it than that.

Give him a phrase like "Hearts for the cup", and he can pick up a pen in each hand, start in the middle of the page and write that with each hand simultaneously, but the left-hand will write the phrase in perfect mirror-image of the right hand.

It's not something he was taught, he has always been able to do it since he started writing as a child.  He doesn't know anyone else who can do it and neither do I.

Can any JKB genius explain this?

17 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I have a friend who can write simultaneously with both hands. But there's more to it than that.

Give him a phrase like "Hearts for the cup", and he can pick up a pen in each hand, start in the middle of the page and write that with each hand simultaneously, but the left-hand will write the phrase in perfect mirror-image of the right hand.

It's not something he was taught, he has always been able to do it since he started writing as a child.  He doesn't know anyone else who can do it and neither do I.

Maybe undiagnosed ASD?

16 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

bcd51d15e8e4cd2a68b0243dd22d0d64.jpg

28 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Wasn’t there an American president (definitely not Trump) that could do this and write in Latin with one hand and Greek with the other? 

been here before
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Wasn’t there an American president (definitely not Trump) that could do this and write in Latin with one hand and Greek with the other? 

James Garfield was ambidextrous and also taught Greek and Latin. There was rumours he could write both at the same time.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

James Garfield was ambidextrous and also taught Greek and Latin. There was rumours he could write both at the same time.

Pretty impressive for a fat orange cat.

18 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I can’t explain your friends skill but my grandfather could do exactly the same perfect mirror image and in beautiful script handwriting. 

He was a compositor at the EEN/Scotsman for most of his working life though so that probably explains how he could read both backwards and upside down. It fascinated me as a child. 

Edited by Les Izemore

Here's 1 for the scientists among us. 

At 6am I woke up as I do most mornings, a few minutes later i drag my erse out of bed and go for a shite. The whole process was done and dusted in about 90 second. My question is this, I did that shite over 2 hours ago, it must be 10 miles away by now yet the whole downstairs of my house is still ****ing stinking of a shite that's halfway to seafield

5 hours ago, JimKongUno said:

At 6am I woke up as I do most mornings, a few minutes later i drag my erse out of bed and go for a shite. The whole process was done and dusted in about 90 second. My question is this, I did that shite over 2 hours ago, it must be 10 miles away by now yet the whole downstairs of my house is still ****ing stinking of a shite that's halfway to seafield

Were you awake enough to remember to pull yer drawers doon?

Once we’ve all been converted to electric cars will we be allowed to drive through the city centre without charge or restrictions ??????

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Once we’ve all been converted to electric cars will we be allowed to drive through the city centre without charge or restrictions ??????

Is part of it not congestion, as well?

On 01/09/2021 at 03:32, JimKongUno said:

That isn't something that would interest a scientist, but you should have someone review your diet. 

2 minutes ago, Pap said:

Is part of it not congestion, as well?

Probably but they are hitting diesel and older cars for emissions so that will go as a reason for a charge 

17 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

i think you need charge to drive your electric car

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think you need charge to drive your electric car

I walked into that ( literally ) 😂😂😂😂

On 01/09/2021 at 08:32, JimKongUno said:

The reason your house was still bowfing has nothing to do with the length of time it takes your rancid waste to get to Seafield and everything to do with you being an ignorant, manky scumbag.

A good air freshener ls what's needed here. Allow me to recommend Air Wick ViPoo Pre-Poo Toilet Spray. There's a few fragrances you can purchase.

You could open the window as well. 👍

Byyy The Light

I live near the bypass and can hear it to various levels depending on the wind.

When everyone is driving electric cars will it be virtually silent?

11 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Maybe a little bit of noise from the tyres on the tarmac, but a massive improvement on now, and any other side effects should be fairly minor...

EnragedPitifulGoldfish-size_restricted.g

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Beni said:

Maybe a little bit of noise from the tyres on the tarmac, but a massive improvement on now, and any other side effects should be fairly minor...

EnragedPitifulGoldfish-size_restricted.g

I'll be back to pick this up with you in 15 years to see if you were right

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Lost socks are the tax washing machines take.

Broken hearts go in my collection.

😂

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

I read somewhere that the car manufacturers may be asked to make the electric cars produce an artificial engine noise to try to prevent pedestrians from stepping out onto the road without looking because they can't hear an approaching vehicle.

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I read somewhere that the car manufacturers may be asked to make the electric cars produce an artificial engine noise to try to prevent pedestrians from stepping out onto the road without looking because they can't hear an approaching vehicle.

There's a great opportunity here.  The noise doesn't have to be that of an internal combustion engine,  you could have whatever you want...a sound like a thunderous fart would be my first choice. 

A Boy Named Crow
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

There's someone who drives past my place with an electric car quite regularly (Renault, I think) and it makes the kind of sound that sci-fi writers in the 60s and 70s seemed to make future transportation use. 

I'm down with the fart sound, although may be able to make that sound myself and just open the windows.

I also quite like the idea of the car detecting a pedestrian in its path, and automatically making a noise like someone politely clearing their throat. 

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

:) 

Perhaps with a 'custom' button for when you want to address them with a bit more urgency... :shout:

...or even would rather they heard nothing at all :devil2:

Stealth mode, which simultaneously deploys a set of bullbars to protect the front of the car...

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Why people who are into politics are the most hypocritical, paranoid, self centred fools one could ever meet. 

I can’t figure out is simply belief is death of reason or the majority of people who are into politics are just abject failures in their own life. 

Temporarily place an unnecessarily large chip on each of your well developed shoulders, LBJ, and the answers to both of the above questions will instantly materialise. 

Why can I quite happily drink coffee all day with no ill effects but the espresso that I have just after getting up as having as I read the news often have me scuttling to the toilet by the time I've finished it?

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Why can I quite happily drink coffee all day with no ill effects but the espresso that I have just after getting up as having as I read the news often have me scuttling to the toilet by the time I've finished it?

😂😂

I've noticed this since working at home. It used to be 0900/0930 before I'd have a coffee in the office, with little impact on the bowels. Now it's a Nespresso (either espresso or mug of black coffee) at about 0800 and the effect is quite something.

Edited by Taffin

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

😂😂

I've noticed this since working at home. It used to be 0900/0930 before I'd have a coffee in the office, with little impact on the bowels. Now it's a Nespresso (either espresso or mug of black coffee) at about 0800 and the effect is quite something.

Yep. No guessing why I posted this question. Amazing how fast you can move at the same time as clenching your arse cheeks together. 

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yep. No guessing why I posted this question. Amazing how fast you can move at the same time as clenching your arse cheeks together. 

😂😂

For me it's got a bad habit of hitting just before I dial into a meeting. Reckon I could give Usain Bolt a run for his money in those instances

Edited by Taffin

44 minutes ago, Taffin said:

😂😂

Same here, used to have a 4 shot cappuccino from starbucks before getting the train to work and it'd be well over an hour later when i'd be in the safety of the office bogs before it'd taken effect on the bowels, now i'm lucky if I get halfway through my first coffee before I need to scuttle off to the bog. 

We've just bought a new house and i've claimed the room closest to the upstairs bog as my new office for this very reason.  

9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Same here, used to have a 4 shot cappuccino from starbucks before getting the train to work and it'd be well over an hour later when i'd be in the safety of the office bogs before it'd taken effect on the bowels, now i'm lucky if I get halfway through my first coffee before I need to scuttle off to the bog. 

We've just bought a new house and i've claimed the room closest to the upstairs bog as my new office for this very reason.  

Smart call.

6 hours ago, jonesy said:

I think it’s because politics is the ultimate ‘label’. And it works both ways. The way folk use certain politically-connotated words pejoratively is pure tribalism. The only different is that we join these tribes willingly. 

😀 No idea what that means, Jonesy lad.            Talking of joining tribes willingly though  ......

ALWAYS and ONLY Hearts.  :robboyas:

Edited by Lone Striker

On 04/09/2021 at 23:28, Savage Vince said:

The reason your house was still bowfing has nothing to do with the length of time it takes your rancid waste to get to Seafield and everything to do with you being an ignorant, manky scumbag.

A good air freshener ls what's needed here. Allow me to recommend Air Wick ViPoo Pre-Poo Toilet Spray. There's a few fragrances you can purchase.

You could open the window as well. 👍

Here's the killer, there is no window only a small extractor fan

Cows are bovine, dogs are canine etc.  The only one that I don't know if they have an ine is sheep.

Why don't they have their equivalent of vulpine for fox etc and if they do, what it is.  

Just now, Auldbenches said:

Cows are bovine, dogs are canine etc.  The only one that I don't know if they have an ine is sheep.

Why don't they have their equivalent of vulpine for fox etc and if they do, what it is.  

Ovine I see to remember. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Ovine I see to remember. 

Been wondering that for years.  Got the rest of them but could never find that.  I've asked farmers and never got an answer.  Thanks. 

Just now, Auldbenches said:

Been wondering that for years.  Got the rest of them but could never find that.  I've asked farmers and never got an answer.  Thanks. 

I’d check it if I was you, it just rang a bell. 

Just now, Tazio said:

I’d check it if I was you, it just rang a bell. 

I even thought they might not have one due to their feet, but they have hooves like coos etc.  

That's the only answer I've had.  

Away to Google it.