Things you've always wondered about but couldn't be bothered to find out

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

On 24/03/2022 at 04:25, Angel eyes said:

Why Zoe Ball gets a million £ salary for calling everyone darling or beautiful person……followed closely by Claudia Winkleman who also sits on her arse pressing a couple buttons and getting an obscene amount of money for the privilege 

Why does that shampoo brand use Winkleman in their adds?

Her hairstyle is horrid. 

It's like asking me to do it and I look like a long lost, third Mitchell brother.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• redjambo

• FWJ

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 23/03/2022 at 23:24, A Boy Named Crow said:

Do people actually enjoy getting a massage? Whenever I've had one, it's like submitting to be tortured, especially the legs and feet. I get that there are therapeutic benefits and that eventually you feel better, but do other people enjoy the pain? Is it just me who wants to cry while it's happening???

I've read that there are men who will pay a lot of money for that experience. 👠

been here before
14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Well, they have to get home to cook their man's tea, no?

Always taking ages to get from A to B, slavering pish about stuff they know little about, know everything, never wrong, no idea what indicators are for and cant understand why the roads arent there for their exclusive use.

You do wonder why more women dont drive taxis.

Edited by been here before

A Boy Named Crow
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've having hotdogs tonight, and i'm wondering, do gay men love hotdogs more than me?

Not in a postion to say definitively,  but I suppose it depends on whether or not you're a tasty as a hotdog.

Greedy Jambo

Don't get confused, i'm purely talking about hotdogs here. 

The jar read, ready to eat hot or cold, so i slipped a fat one straight down my neck, it was so tasty, and it got me thinking, surely gay men are missing out here. 

Jambo_jim2001
On 17/03/2022 at 12:39, JWL said:

Why is it that when you stick a pair of trainers in the washing machine, one comes out relatively dry and the other is soaking wet?

Foreplay or lack off before putting them in the washing machine?

Jambo_jim2001

Socks gets me,I have a drawer full of odd socks,wtf happens to the others?honestly my Mrs could put four pair of socks in the machine and 3 odd ones appear at the end of the cycle😮

A Boy Named Crow
30 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

When you ask for a bill at a restaurant why does it always take so long to come? 

They want you to get hungry and order more scran?

10 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Foreplay or lack off before putting them in the washing machine?

More inclined to believe the Aliens theory.

Jambos_1874
3 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

They want you to get hungry and order more scran?

That's what I thought but it should be pretty apparent that if you ask for the bill, or if you haven't asked and they have cleared away all of the drinks/plates, that you want to leave. I am genuinely interested if this is a "tactic" of the hospitality industry.

46 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

That's what I thought but it should be pretty apparent that if you ask for the bill, or if you haven't asked and they have cleared away all of the drinks/plates, that you want to leave. I am genuinely interested if this is a "tactic" of the hospitality industry.

Not one I've ever used. It's most likely that management view taking out food, getting drinks and clearing tables as a priority. I also wouldn't take a bill to a table unless they asked for it. Some folk can get a bit arsey and assume you're chasing them away. 

Jambos_1874
13 minutes ago, Norm said:

Not one I've ever used. It's most likely that management view taking out food, getting drinks and clearing tables as a priority. I also wouldn't take a bill to a table unless they asked for it. Some folk can get a bit arsey and assume you're chasing them away. 

That's a fair point actually. It generally just comes down to me being an impatient git.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

This, in my experience, is only a problem in Mediterranean countries and often leads to me just walking up to the till/counter and paying there. Not such a big deal to tip (more a 'rounding up') there, so no big deal.

Turks are particularly tardy about giving you the bill. And often when you ask they give you a free ouzo instead. Which certainly doesn't tempt me to stay.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why does @Morgan and @Greedy Jambo always bicker on this forum? 😂

Ask him!

Personally, I'd never speak to him again, but he keeps turning up like a bad smell.

JudyJudyJudy
On 24/03/2022 at 03:24, A Boy Named Crow said:

Do people actually enjoy getting a massage? Whenever I've had one, it's like submitting to be tortured, especially the legs and feet. I get that there are therapeutic benefits and that eventually you feel better, but do other people enjoy the pain? Is it just me who wants to cry while it's happening???

Ive had a few recently due to shoulder issue. Its a reputable place . :) however was pleasantly surprised when i got assigned my masseur...Holy moly.  Anyway he def gave me a real rub down but felt no pain from it.  The serious part here . I think your meant to feel some pain after it surely as it may evidence they are helping your muscles? Im not sure.  I just enjoy the chilled time although the piped music is dreadful. :) 

On 26/03/2022 at 22:34, Greedy Jambo said:

I've having hotdogs tonight, and i'm wondering, do gay men love hotdogs more than me?

Depends how much you love Hotdogs ?

On 27/03/2022 at 08:03, Jambos_1874 said:

When you ask for a bill at a restaurant why does it always take so long to come? 

To ensure you order more drinks Id assume. 

On 26/03/2022 at 23:34, Greedy Jambo said:

I would imagine that gay men love anything (including hotdogs) more than they love you.  :thumbsup:

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Re massages.

Used to go weekly for foot massage in China together with the wife. Loved it. Felt great afterwards. 

As well as that, used to go occasionally to the blind masseurs in Urumqi. Apparently they train them to a) give them work and b) they consider them to have better understanding of the body through touch. Not sure if that's just marketing bullshit, but the blind masseurs used to zero in on the knots in my back straight away rather than going through  standard routine. One of them gave a mate such a hard massage he was physically sick afterwards.

Favourite place of all time, however, was a place recommended to me by a Chinese/Uyghur doctor. You went in and they made you drink a glass of firewater from an old water dispenser that they'd filled with booze, herbs and, for reasons known only to barbaric ritual, a couple of deid terrapins. Anyway, a quick 干杯 later and you're popped down onto the massage bench and the masseuse starts jabbering away to you in a completely unfathomable Chinese dialect while working on your arms. Never lasted more than 10 mins before falling asleep, awakening an hour later to feeling as light as a feather. Would highly recommend to anyone, except perhaps vegetarians.

Sounds a great experience.  Ive had 3 massages from the guy.  Ive not really noticed a massive improvement but I think it needs to be a combination of massage, exercise and pills. 

Captain Slog

What is Poutine?

I told a Canadian workmate I'd seen a Canadian restaurant at the top of Leith walk, she visited the same night, and insisted on the next mornings zoom everyone went to and tried it.

I told my Kansian wife, and she demands we book a table and go.  Is Down the hatch, name of the place.

Both insist it has to be the right 'squeaky cheese'.

But when i look it it up it just looks like chips and gravy, and i can get that from Javits or nine dragons.

@Maple Leaf, OR @Sharpie, please educate me, and is this some Canadian national dish like the Aussies have meat floaters, which always sounded like a pie dumped in pe soup to me.

8 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

What is Poutine?

I told a Canadian workmate I'd seen a Canadian restaurant at the top of Leith walk, she visited the same night, and insisted on the next mornings zoom everyone went to and tried it.

I told my Kansian wife, and she demands we book a table and go.  Is Down the hatch, name of the place.

Both insist it has to be the right 'squeaky cheese'.

But when i look it it up it just looks like chips and gravy, and i can get that from Javits or nine dragons.

@Maple Leaf, OR @Sharpie, please educate me, and is this some Canadian national dish like the Aussies have meat floaters, which always sounded like a pie dumped in pe soup to me.

@Captain Slog Poutine is a dish that originated in Quebec about 50 years ago and has spread throughout Canada.  It's simple enough, consisting of french fries covered in gravy then covered in a cheese sauce.  Some people love it, some people hate it, some people like me have never tried it. It's typically offered in fast food places like McDonald's.

I prefer my fries with salt, malt vinegar, and brown sauce.  In other words, I prefer my fries Scottish style, not Quebec style.

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

@Captain Slog Poutine is a dish that originated in Quebec about 50 years ago and has spread throughout Canada.  It's simple enough, consisting of french fries covered in gravy then covered in a cheese sauce.  Some people love it, some people hate it, some people like me have never tried it. It's typically offered in fast food places like McDonald's.

I prefer my fries with salt, malt vinegar, and brown sauce.  In other words, I prefer my fries Scottish style, not Quebec style.

There's a burger joint in Sydney called Bar Luca. They do a "Blame Canada" burger. Which is a burger, topped with poutine. It's like crack in its moreishness,  if they kept bringing it you'd keep eating it... then die!

The Flame Canada is as above, but with chillis...it's 8.30am here...hours till they open 😥

There's a burger joint in Sydney called Bar Luca. They do a "Blame Canada" burger. Which is a burger, topped with poutine. It's like crack in its moreishness,  if they kept bringing it you'd keep eating it... then die!

The Flame Canada is as above, but with chillis...it's 8.30am here...hours till they open 😥

Sounds awful, but it would probably be a big hit here.  :sick:

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Sounds awful, but it would probably be a big hit here.  :sick:

It's bloody delicious,  meat patty, fries, cheese curds, maple bacon and gravy... what's not to love? 🤠

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yuck ! 

JudyJudyJudy

Why is it when you drop a buttered slice of toast on the floor it always lands on the floor on the buttered side? 

Why do people talk so loudly on their mobile phones when they are on public transport? 

I've read a saying on here once or twice which I think meant 'to go by foot'.

It was something like "I'll take my king..." And I can't remember the rest of it.

1. What is that saying?

2. Why is it a saying?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I've read a saying on here once or twice which I think meant 'to go by foot'.

It was something like "I'll take my king..." And I can't remember the rest of it.

1. What is that saying?

2. Why is it a saying?

Shanks's pony?

Just now, Smithee said:

Shanks's pony?

Just googled that and yes, that was it, thanks!

How on earth you got that from my awful description though 😂 Bravo!

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Just googled that and yes, that was it, thanks!

How on earth you got that from my awful description though 😂 Bravo!

I was pretty sure it was wrong from your description :laugh2:

I think a shank is a cut of meat from the leg, so it might have come from that I suppose

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I was pretty sure it was wrong from your description :laugh2:

I think a shank is a cut of meat from the leg, so it might have come from that I suppose

I think in my memory I've maybe conflated shanks with longshanks and that's caused me to think it had something to do with a king.

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Why is it when you drop a buttered slice of toast on the floor it always lands on the floor on the buttered side? 

And a cat always lands on its paws.

Wonder what would happen if I spread some butter on my cats back and it jumped off the window sill, would it just fall half way, stop in mid air and continuously spin around?

A Boy Named Crow
19 minutes ago, superjack said:

Wonder what would happen if I spread some butter on my cats back and it jumped off the window sill, would it just fall half way, stop in mid air and continuously spin around?

Yes, definitely. Ye cannae change the laws of physics. 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yuck ! 

Wrong answer!

As I said in my other post, when it comes to poutine, some people love it and some people hate it.  :buttkick:

JudyJudyJudy

As I said in my other post, when it comes to poutine, some people love it and some people hate it.  :buttkick:

Reminds me when I was in Atlanta snd had some “ grits. “ they were foul 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Reminds me when I was in Atlanta snd had some “ grits. “ they were foul 

I tried them once too.  My reaction was wtf?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I tried them once too.  My reaction was wtf?

Same as me then 😂 

A Boy Named Crow

Someone may have an opinion,  doesn't mean it's a valid opinion. 😁

Lone Striker
On 27/03/2022 at 08:03, Jambos_1874 said:

In America if you ask for the bill, they don't know what you mean - "We don't have anyone called Bill in here".   You have to ask for the "check" - which is equally strange, since they call a bank account with a cheque book facility a "checking account".   

So, a document which implies  that you owe  money is called the same as a document which signifies that you own the money.   

English is a strange language sometimes. 🙄 

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It actually sounds pretty good to me.

In a 'not very good for you' way.

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, superjack said:

I love cats . Some people hate them ! I like their selfish , arrogant aloofness and laziness . 

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I love cats . Some people hate them ! I like their selfish , arrogant aloofness and laziness . 

Me too, also they are the most affectionate animals I know of.

8 hours ago, superjack said:

953.gif

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, superjack said:

Me too, also they are the most affectionate animals I know of.

Yep 👍